|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Madrid-Perez have a meeting scheduled?
(a) The Nez Pez tribal offices.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The Harrington Hotel.
(d) The Navajo tribal offices.
2. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Officer Chee.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Cowboy Dashee.
3. What does Leaphorn ask his friend?
(a) To check to see if a train made an unauthorized stop near where the body is found.
(b) To lend him his bear rifle.
(c) To lend him his deer rifle.
(d) To give him a schedule of all the train routes and times.
4. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A congressman.
(b) A Conservator.
(c) A senator.
(d) A state forensics lab worker.
5. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(b) His rise in prestige.
(c) His personal problems.
(d) His mother's dying wishe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
2. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
3. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
4. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
5. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Leaphorn decide to travel to Washington, D. C. for his vacation?
2. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
3. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
4. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
5. Who picks up Chee at the airport and what does he observe about the men?
6. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
7. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
8. Why hasn't The Client paid Fleck the rest of the money owed Fleck?
9. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
10. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)