|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
(a) Why his boss is forcing him to retire.
(b) Why Jim Chee has called him several times.
(c) Why a man would die without his dentures in.
(d) Why Highhawk wants to joint the Navajos.
2. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
(a) Some coyote pelts.
(b) A body.
(c) Some wolf pelts.
(d) A bomb.
3. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His rise in prestige.
(b) His mother's dying wishe.
(c) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(d) His personal problems.
4. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(a) His grandfather's grave.
(b) His daughter's house.
5. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
(a) That there is nothing wrong with her that he can find.
(b) That she has completely recovered from her illness.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she is well enough to go home, though she will be ill for another week or two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
2. Why is Joe Leaphorn frustrated?
3. What is Dalman, MacArthur, White and Herzog?
4. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
5. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
2. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
3. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
4. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
5. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
6. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
7. What has Henry Highhawk asked the Smithsonian to do?
8. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
9. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
10. What shocks Catherine Perry about the box on her desk?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)