|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Chee's brother-in-law.
(b) Leaphorn's boss.
(c) Highhawk's good friend.
(d) Chee's boss.
2. Who is Janet Pete?
(a) An attorney for Chee's uncle.
(b) An attorney who is defending Highhawk.
(c) A Nez Pez tribal police officer.
(d) A friend of Mary Langdon.
3. Why is Joe Leaphorn frustrated?
(a) That no one is too concerned about the identity of the dead body.
(b) That he has not yet been approved for retirement.
(c) That he is still assigned to a victimless crime unit.
(d) That he is being forced to retire.
4. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He is tracking a man.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
(d) He is tracking a deer.
5. From whom does Leaphorn receive a phone call?
(a) Catherine Perry.
(b) Jay Kennedy.
(c) Agnes Tsose.
(d) Dr. Booker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Janet's firm's expert on the Southwest?
2. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
3. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
4. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
5. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
2. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
3. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
4. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
5. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
6. Describe Agnes Tsosie's visit to the doctor.
7. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
8. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
9. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
10. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)