|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) The Client.
(b) A small time bookie who owes him money.
(c) His brother.
(d) His boss.
2. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
3. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He is tracking a deer.
(b) He is tracking a man.
(c) He misses his wife.
(d) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
4. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
(a) A Colombian lawyer.
(b) A Smithsonian lawyer.
(c) A lawyer with the State Department.
(d) A lawyer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
5. Who is Jim Chee?
(a) The dead body.
(b) Joe Leaphorn's nephew.
(c) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
(d) An officer withthe Navajo Tribal Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
2. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
3. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
4. What is high quality but worn?
5. What may enable Highhawk to steal from the Smithsonian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Catherine Perry about the box on her desk?
2. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
3. What has Henry Highhawk asked the Smithsonian to do?
4. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
5. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
6. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
7. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
8. What does Catherine Perry find on her desk and who does she blame?
9. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
10. Why hasn't The Client paid Fleck the rest of the money owed Fleck?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)