|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
(a) The delivery boy.
(b) No one.
(d) Markie Bailey.
2. Who picks Jim Chee up at the airport?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) He takes the train.
(c) Agent Kennedy.
(d) He takes a taxi.
3. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(b) Catherine Perry's sister.
(c) Chee's girlfriend.
(d) Janet Pete's assistant.
4. Who is Jim Chee?
(a) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
(b) An officer withthe Navajo Tribal Police.
(c) Joe Leaphorn's nephew.
(d) The dead body.
5. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Cyanide poisoning.
(d) He is uncertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joe Leaphorn frustrated?
2. Who is Chee going to arrest?
3. Who is Eldon Tamana?
4. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
5. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Catherine Perry about the box on her desk?
2. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
3. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
4. Who picks up Chee at the airport and what does he observe about the men?
5. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
6. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
7. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
8. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
9. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
10. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)