|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) A dead horse on the tracks.
(b) Mechanical failure.
(c) A dead cow on the tracks.
(d) It was not stopped.
2. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) About a year.
(d) 2 months.
3. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
(a) That Chee's uncle left Chee his pipe.
(b) That Highhawk and Gomez are planning a serious crime.
(c) That Mary Langdon has been arrested.
(d) That the Nez Pez pow wow has been rescheduled.
4. What is the condition for Fleck receiving his money owed him?
(a) He has to wait for five months.
(b) There are no problems by the end of the month concerning the job Fleck performed.
(c) He has to perform one more small task.
(d) He has to meet with the boss.
5. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
(a) Agnes Tsosie.
(b) Mary Langdon.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Jim Chee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
2. What does Joe Leaphorn feel has been restored?
3. Why is Joe Leaphorn frustrated?
4. What is on Perry's desk when she arrives at her office after returning to Washington, D. C.?
5. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
2. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
3. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
4. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
5. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
6. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
7. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
8. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
9. What makes Leaphorn decide to travel to Washington, D. C. for his vacation?
10. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)