|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) Mary Langdon.
(c) Catherine Perry.
(d) Jim Chee.
2. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) Since he was in the military.
(b) Since his retirement.
(c) He still exercises regularly.
(d) Since the death of his wife.
3. Why is Joe Leaphorn frustrated?
(a) That no one is too concerned about the identity of the dead body.
(b) That he is being forced to retire.
(c) That he has not yet been approved for retirement.
(d) That he is still assigned to a victimless crime unit.
4. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
(a) A Smithsonian lawyer.
(b) A Colombian lawyer.
(c) A lawyer with the State Department.
(d) A lawyer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
5. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) As a token Indian.
(b) Legal aide.
(c) Researcher assistant.
(d) Officer manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
2. Who is Janet Pete?
3. What does Joe Leaphorn feel has been restored?
4. What does Eldon Tamana plan to do?
5. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chee do with the authentic Yeibichai mask and the Tano War God fetish?
2. How does Fleck's childhood lesson serve him while he is in prison and as a hired killer?
3. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee when she calls him at his office?
4. What does Jim Chee find in Highhawk's office and what does he think of it?
5. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
6. What ceremony is Jim Chee observing and why is he there?
7. What is the possible history of the Inca mask of the god Viracocha?
8. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
9. Whose body is found in some bushes and what is the cause of death?
10. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)