Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Leaphorn's boss.
(b) Chee's brother-in-law.
(c) Highhawk's good friend.
(d) Chee's boss.
2. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
(a) That it is laid out so neatly.
(b) That it is not decaying.
(c) That the teeth were pulled out very violently.
(d) That it shows no signs of fear.
3. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) Mechanical failure.
(b) A dead horse on the tracks.
(c) A dead cow on the tracks.
(d) It was not stopped.
4. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(b) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(c) What do to on his vacation.
(d) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
5. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) He still exercises regularly.
(b) Since he was in the military.
(c) Since his retirement.
(d) Since the death of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dalman, MacArthur, White and Herzog?
2. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
3. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
4. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
5. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Chee and Leaphorn meet and what does Chee tell the person?
2. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
3. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
4. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
5. What does Catherine Perry find on her desk and who does she blame?
6. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
7. Describe what Joe Leaphorn finds at the crime scene Kennedy asks him to investigate.
8. Who does Fleck kill and how does he manage to do so and what happens to Fleck afterward?
9. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
10. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)