|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of sage.
(b) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
(c) A note.
(d) A strong smell of juniper.
2. What does Kennedy tell Leaphorn at lunch?
(a) That the body has still not been identified.
(b) That the body has finally been identified.
(c) That Kennedy is being pulled off the case.
(d) That Leaphorn is being pulled off the case.
3. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) The person died of a heart attack and the wind blew the track away.
(c) The person was a passenger on an Amtrak train.
(d) Ther person was parachuted in.
4. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
(a) Performing a tribal wedding dance.
(b) Dancing for rain.
(c) Practicing for a tourist show.
(d) Preparing for the Night Chant Ceremony.
5. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
(a) Henry Highhawk.
(b) Agnes Tsosie.
(c) Mary Langdon.
(d) Jim Chee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
2. What does the note in the box reveal?
3. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
4. Who is John McDermott?
5. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anges Tsosie tell Joe Leaphorn when he questions her?
2. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
3. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
4. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
5. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
6. What has Henry Highhawk asked the Smithsonian to do?
7. Why hasn't The Client paid Fleck the rest of the money owed Fleck?
8. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
9. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
10. Describe Agnes Tsosie's visit to the doctor.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)