|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) No one.
(b) All the middle-aged yuppies.
(c) Just the lawyers.
(d) Every male over the age of puberty.
2. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
(a) A knife holster.
(b) A ceremonial turquoise calf ring.
(c) A metal brace.
(d) A pistol holster.
3. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(b) The dead man found in the desert.
(c) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
(d) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
4. Who is Janet's firm's expert on the Southwest?
(a) They do not have an expert in that area.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) John McDermott.
(d) Henry Highhawk.
5. What is the opposition to what one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) There is little opposition.
(b) Older tribal members do not want to sell their land.
(c) The tribal counsel has voted down having a toxic waste dump on their lands.
(d) Younger tribal members are not interested in a technical college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
2. Where did Madrid-Perez have a meeting scheduled?
3. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
4. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
5. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
2. About what does Jay Kennedy call Joe Leaphorn?
3. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
4. What does Catherine Perry find on her desk and who does she blame?
5. What makes Leaphorn decide to travel to Washington, D. C. for his vacation?
6. Describe what Joe Leaphorn finds at the crime scene Kennedy asks him to investigate.
7. What does Anges Tsosie tell Joe Leaphorn when he questions her?
8. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
9. What ceremony is Jim Chee observing and why is he there?
10. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee when she calls him at his office?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)