|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
(a) Some coyote pelts.
(b) A bomb.
(c) Some wolf pelts.
(d) A body.
2. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
3. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
(a) She has not been kicked out; she died.
(b) She needs more extensive care.
(c) She has no money.
(d) For being violent.
4. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
(a) Consulting on some Navajo traditoins.
(b) Help in getting the Smithsonian to cooperate about their Indian remains.
(c) A guide into the desert.
(d) Help investigating a death.
5. What is the setting for Chapter Two?
(a) Tucson, Arizona.
(b) Fort Defiance, Arizona.
(c) Tombstone, Arizona.
(d) Cochise, Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
2. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
3. How is Janet Pete dressed?
4. Who is Captain Largo?
5. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
2. Describe what Joe Leaphorn finds at the crime scene Kennedy asks him to investigate.
3. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
4. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
5. Who picks up Chee at the airport and what does he observe about the men?
6. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
7. What ceremony is Jim Chee observing and why is he there?
8. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
9. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
10. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)