|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passes Leaphorn as he stands in the dark?
(a) An 18 wheeler.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bear.
(d) An Amtrak train.
2. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) It was not stopped.
(b) A dead horse on the tracks.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A dead cow on the tracks.
3. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
(a) Her grandparents' bones are in the box.
(b) A rare Native American artifact that has been missing for many years is in the box.
(c) The box is full of teeth.
(d) There is just dirt in the box.
4. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
(b) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(c) The dead man found in the desert.
(d) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
5. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Officer Chee.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Cowboy Dashee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
2. What does Eldon Tamana plan to do?
3. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
4. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
5. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
2. Describe what Joe Leaphorn finds at the crime scene Kennedy asks him to investigate.
3. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
4. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
5. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
6. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
7. What has Henry Highhawk asked the Smithsonian to do?
8. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
9. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
10. What makes Leaphorn decide to travel to Washington, D. C. for his vacation?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)