|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
(b) Thanksgiving for her healing.
(c) Healing ceremony to completely cure her.
2. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) He is uncertain.
(c) Cyanide poisoning.
(d) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
3. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) John Doe.
(b) Man with Bad Hands.
(c) The invisible white man.
(d) Hawk that doesn't fly.
4. What is in the letter that Chee opens in chapter 7?
(a) A letter from the draft board.
(b) A letter from the attorney of an uncle who has died.
(c) His girlfriend stating she is ending their relationship.
(d) A bill that is something his girlfriend bought.
5. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His rise in prestige.
(b) His personal problems.
(c) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(d) His mother's dying wishe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
2. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
3. What is the condition for Fleck receiving his money owed him?
4. Who is Captain Largo?
5. Who is Mary Langdon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Catherine Perry about the box on her desk?
2. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
3. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
4. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
5. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
6. About what does Jay Kennedy call Joe Leaphorn?
7. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
8. Who has called Catherine Perry and what does she think he wants?
9. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
10. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)