|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
(a) To visit his aunt.
(b) To visit his brother-in-law.
(c) To meet Catherine Perry.
(d) To search the dead man's luggage.
2. Who is Eldon Tamana?
(a) A Navajo man.
(b) A Tano man.
(c) A Nez Pez man.
(d) Jim Chee's good friend.
3. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) The invisible white man.
(b) Man with Bad Hands.
(c) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(d) John Doe.
4. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) Researcher assistant.
(b) Officer manager.
(c) Legal aide.
(d) As a token Indian.
5. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(b) Janet Pete's assistant.
(c) Catherine Perry's sister.
(d) Chee's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
2. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
3. From whom does Leaphorn receive a phone call?
4. Where did Madrid-Perez have a meeting scheduled?
5. To whom does Leaphorn show the photos of the dead man?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
2. What makes Leaphorn decide to travel to Washington, D. C. for his vacation?
3. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
4. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
5. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
6. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
7. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
8. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
9. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
10. What does Catherine Perry find on her desk and who does she blame?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)