|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
(a) A small, private Hospital.
(b) A public health hospital.
(c) The largest hospital in Tucson.
2. Who is Janet Pete?
(a) A friend of Mary Langdon.
(b) An attorney for Chee's uncle.
(c) An attorney who is defending Highhawk.
(d) A Nez Pez tribal police officer.
3. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) A dead horse on the tracks.
(b) A dead cow on the tracks.
(c) It was not stopped.
(d) Mechanical failure.
4. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
(a) He leaves it in her bedroom.
(b) Next to the large window in the porch.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the brush arbor.
5. What does Tamana want of the Smithsonian?
(a) To make a public apology for the many years of stealing Native American artifacts.
(b) To erect a monument to the Native Americans in their front reception area.
(c) To return a fetish to his tribe.
(d) To pay a tribe member to consult on the next Navajo exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn ask his friend?
2. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
3. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
4. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
5. Who is Jim Chee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
2. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
3. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
4. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
5. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
6. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
7. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
8. Describe Agnes Tsosie's visit to the doctor.
9. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
10. What ceremony is Jim Chee observing and why is he there?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)