|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
(a) Why a man would die without his dentures in.
(b) Why his boss is forcing him to retire.
(c) Why Jim Chee has called him several times.
(d) Why Highhawk wants to joint the Navajos.
2. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(a) To go tell her daughters the good news.
(c) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
(d) To remain in the hospital.
3. What is high quality but worn?
(a) An ancient Navajo woven blanket.
(b) The corpse's clothing.
(c) A modern Navajo blanket made on factory looms.
(d) The Navajo jewelry Leaphorn finds.
4. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in the Navajo Reservation.
(b) Leaphorn's contact with the railroad.
(c) Leaphorn's contact in the FBI.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in the CIA.
5. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Chee's boss.
(b) Chee's brother-in-law.
(c) Highhawk's good friend.
(d) Leaphorn's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
2. Who is Eldon Tamana?
3. What does the note in the box reveal?
4. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
5. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why hasn't The Client paid Fleck the rest of the money owed Fleck?
2. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
3. Describe Agnes Tsosie's visit to the doctor.
4. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
5. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
6. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
7. What ceremony is Jim Chee observing and why is he there?
8. What is a possible break Leaphorn makes in the case as he revisits the scene at dusk?
9. Describe what Joe Leaphorn finds at the crime scene Kennedy asks him to investigate.
10. About what does Jay Kennedy call Joe Leaphorn?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)