|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(b) John Doe.
(c) The invisible white man.
(d) Man with Bad Hands.
2. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
(a) A body of a white man wearing a dark suit.
(b) A number of tribal records are missing.
(c) That there has been three missing persons reported in the last 2 weeks.
(d) That the river is unusually high.
3. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Janet Pete's assistant.
(b) Catherine Perry's sister.
(c) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(d) Chee's girlfriend.
4. What is on Perry's desk when she arrives at her office after returning to Washington, D. C.?
(a) An ancient Native American artifact.
(b) A envelope full of photos.
(c) A cd with no identification on it.
(d) A large, brown package.
5. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
(a) He leaves it in her bedroom.
(b) In the brush arbor.
(c) Next to the large window in the porch.
(d) In the living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Chapter Two?
2. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
3. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
4. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
5. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
2. What has Henry Highhawk asked the Smithsonian to do?
3. Who picks up Chee at the airport and what does he observe about the men?
4. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
5. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
6. Why hasn't The Client paid Fleck the rest of the money owed Fleck?
7. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
8. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
9. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
10. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)