|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
(b) The dead man found in the desert.
(c) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
(d) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
2. How is Janet Pete dressed?
(a) Jeans and tee shirt.
(b) In a sun dress.
(c) A gray silk suit.
(d) Pseudo native American garb.
3. What does Eldon Tamana plan to do?
(a) Take the tribal counsel to court.
(b) Run for tribal counsel.
(c) Move off the Reservation.
(d) Sabotage any sale of tribal land.
4. What does Kennedy tell Leaphorn at lunch?
(a) That Leaphorn is being pulled off the case.
(b) That the body has finally been identified.
(c) That the body has still not been identified.
(d) That Kennedy is being pulled off the case.
5. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Chee's boss.
(b) Chee's brother-in-law.
(c) Leaphorn's boss.
(d) Highhawk's good friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eldon Tamana?
2. What does Leaphorn's contact in Amtrak tell him?
3. Where does Leaphorn go to search Madrid-Perez's luggage?
4. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
5. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Catherine Perry about the box on her desk?
2. What does Leaphorn find when he searches the luggage of Hilario Madrid- Perez for clues?
3. What does Anges Tsosie tell Joe Leaphorn when he questions her?
4. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
5. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
6. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee when she calls him at his office?
7. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
8. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
9. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
10. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)