|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He is tracking a man.
(b) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
(c) He is tracking a deer.
(d) He misses his wife.
2. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) Build a technical university on Navajo Land for the young Native Americans.
(b) Build a bypass on Tano Pueblo land.
(c) Create a hazardous waste dump on Tano Pueblo lands.
(d) Gain influence with the Navajo tribal counsel through Janet Pete.
3. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
(a) That there has been three missing persons reported in the last 2 weeks.
(b) That the river is unusually high.
(c) A body of a white man wearing a dark suit.
(d) A number of tribal records are missing.
4. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) An expert witness in tracks.
(b) A friend who works for the railroad.
(c) A friend in forensics.
(d) No one.
5. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
(a) Chilean embassy.
(c) A Senator of New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
2. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
3. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
4. Who is Captain Largo?
5. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
2. Who picks up Chee at the airport and what does he observe about the men?
3. Describe Agnes Tsosie's visit to the doctor.
4. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
5. What does Anges Tsosie tell Joe Leaphorn when he questions her?
6. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
7. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
8. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
9. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
10. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)