|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) He is uncertain.
(b) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Cyanide poisoning.
2. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
(b) A Senator of New Mexico.
(c) Chilean embassy.
3. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
(a) If his daughter has arrived for her visit yet.
(b) If he wants to follow up on a woman's flirtation when he was at the Navajo Reservation.
(c) If he wants to go out for a steak dinner that night.
(d) Where to go for his vacation.
4. What does the doctor think Agnes Tsosie is going to need?
(a) Pain medication.
(b) A new brace.
(c) Three more rounds of chemo.
(d) A lot of rest until she is fully recovered.
5. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of sage.
(b) A strong smell of juniper.
(c) A note.
(d) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
2. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
3. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
4. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
5. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
2. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
3. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
4. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
5. About what does Jay Kennedy call Joe Leaphorn?
6. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
7. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
8. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
9. Why does Joe Leaphorn believe harmony has been restored in terms of the corpse in the desert?
10. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)