|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) No one.
(b) A friend in forensics.
(c) An expert witness in tracks.
(d) A friend who works for the railroad.
2. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(a) His grandfather's grave.
(b) His daughter's house.
3. What does Tamana want of the Smithsonian?
(a) To return a fetish to his tribe.
(b) To pay a tribe member to consult on the next Navajo exhibit.
(c) To erect a monument to the Native Americans in their front reception area.
(d) To make a public apology for the many years of stealing Native American artifacts.
4. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) About a year.
5. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
(b) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(c) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(d) What do to on his vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Chapter Two?
2. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
3. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
4. Who is Mary Langdon?
5. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
2. What is one source of cash for Fleck to help his mother and who does he contact about it?
3. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
4. For whom does Janet Chee work and what is her relationship to her immediate supervisor?
5. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
6. Describe Henry Highhawk's appearance at the Night Chant ceremony.
7. Where is Jim Chee planning to go on his vacation?
8. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
9. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
10. What frustrates Leaphorn about the dead body in the desert, and also what about the corpse puzzles Leaphorn.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)