|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Smithsonian obtain the item which the Chilean general is trying to recover?
(a) A Spanish general in the late 1800s sold it to a major corporation.
(b) The general's great-great grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
(c) The general's grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
(d) No one is certain.
2. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His mother's dying wishe.
(b) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(c) His personal problems.
(d) His rise in prestige.
3. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
(a) Ther person was parachuted in.
(b) The person died of a heart attack and the wind blew the track away.
(c) The person was a passenger on an Amtrak train.
(d) He is not sure.
4. Who is John McDermott?
(a) Janet Pete's former lover.
(b) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) Janet Pete's lover.
(d) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
5. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
(a) That Mary Langdon has been arrested.
(b) That Chee's uncle left Chee his pipe.
(c) That Highhawk and Gomez are planning a serious crime.
(d) That the Nez Pez pow wow has been rescheduled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
2. Who is Eldon Tamana?
3. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
4. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
5. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Janet say about one of McDermott's clients who is a real estate developer?
2. What does Janet Pete tell Jim Chee about a man in a Chevy?
3. How do the members of the tribal council feel about the proposed bypass? How does Tamana think he can get elected to the council?
4. What is so mysterious about the body in the desert?
5. What is Leroy Fleck's most pressing personal problem?
6. What does the letter Chee receives from Mary reveal?
7. What is Jim Chee's response to Mary's letter?
8. Describe Agnes Tsosie's visit to the doctor.
9. What is Catherine Perry's thoughts about Highhawk's request?
10. Who does Leaphorn wish he could talk over the case with and why can't he?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)