|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
(a) A youth trying to steal an elderly woman's purse.
(b) A policeman being rough with a young black man.
(c) The man in the Chevy.
(d) A man trying to break into Janet's car.
3. What is different between the list and the notebook in the luggage Leaphorn inspects?
(b) The handwriting.
(c) The initials.
(d) The owner address tags.
4. What does Chee wish to see?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Vietnam memorial.
(c) The Tano Twin War God fetish.
(d) The Tano God of Rain fetish.
5. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Mean Man.
(b) The Ugly Man.
(c) The Fat Man.
(d) The Mad Man.
6. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(b) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(c) By a pharmacist.
(d) From Henry Highhawk.
7. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) The President of Mexico.
(b) General Jose Juarez.
(c) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(d) The President of Ecuador.
8. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
(b) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(c) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(d) Fleck's mother.
9. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He believes what he did was not illegal.
(b) He believes he is being framed.
(c) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(d) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
10. How is Highhawk killed?
(a) Knife wound through the heart.
(b) Gunshot to the head.
(c) His head is bashed in with a heavy object.
(d) His throat is slit.
11. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
12. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Shorts and tee shirt.
(b) Jeans and bollo tie.
(c) A cheap business suit.
(d) Sports coat and tie.
13. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(a) Nez Pez.
(c) Hopi and Zuni.
14. Where is Highhawk found?
(a) In a locker in the female employee's locker room.
(b) In a restroom in the basement.
(c) In a repository for artifacts from a Palawan Island tribe.
(d) In a repository for artifacts from Borneo.
15. Where does Captain Rodney meet Leaphorn?
(a) The downtown police station.
(b) Highhawk's townhouse.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) Janet Pete's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
2. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
3. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
4. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
5. Who does Leaphorn see inside apartment 3?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)