|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
(b) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(c) It is a drug.
(d) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
2. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
3. What is the prosecutor offering Highhawk?
(a) The prosecutor is unwilling to offer any plea bargain.
(b) A plea bargain with no jail time.
(c) A plea bargain with only five years and out in 2 with good behavior.
(d) A plea bargain with only six months jail time.
4. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
5. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His pipe collection.
(b) His drum collection.
(c) His kachina collection.
(d) His fetish collection.
6. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(b) Two unmarked police cars.
(c) A Lexus.
(d) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
7. What shocks Chee near the museum entrance?
(a) Seeing Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Seeing Janet with her arms around another Native American.
(c) Seeing an elderly woman fall and people just walking around her.
(d) Seeing a homeless man sleeping near the Washington monument.
8. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
9. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The embassy.
(d) The Metro.
10. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
(a) Eddy Elkins.
(b) General Jose Juarez.
(c) The Client.
(d) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
11. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(d) Highhawk and Gomez.
12. Who goes with Leaphorn to Union Station?
(a) Jim Chee.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Roland Dockery.
13. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
(a) A youth trying to steal an elderly woman's purse.
(b) The man in the Chevy.
(c) A policeman being rough with a young black man.
(d) A man trying to break into Janet's car.
14. Who takes credit for the identification of Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Washington, D. C. police department.
(c) The Navajo tribal police.
(d) The FBI.
15. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(b) Hopi and Zuni.
(d) Nez Pez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
2. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
3. What does Chee wish to see?
4. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
5. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)