|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 29 days.
(b) 31 days.
(c) 42 days.
(d) 10 days.
2. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Metro.
(b) The embassy.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Washington Monument.
3. What does Fleck want to photograph?
(a) His daughter with a gang.
(b) The client.
(c) His partner embezzling.
(d) His wife with another man.
4. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
5. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(b) Janet Pete.
(d) No one.
6. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
(a) The President of Chili.
(b) A Chilean general.
(c) A Brazilian general.
(d) The head of security at the Chilean embassy.
7. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 45 days.
(d) 14 days.
8. What is different between the list and the notebook in the luggage Leaphorn inspects?
(b) The handwriting.
(c) The owner address tags.
(d) The initials.
9. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
(a) To mislead the police as to the reasons for the murder.
(b) To remind the victim of meetings.
(c) To remind the killer of what to dispose of.
(d) To point the figure at the wrong person.
10. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
(b) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(c) If a family connection is shown.
(d) If they get a court order.
11. What is the prosecutor offering Highhawk?
(a) A plea bargain with only six months jail time.
(b) A plea bargain with no jail time.
(c) The prosecutor is unwilling to offer any plea bargain.
(d) A plea bargain with only five years and out in 2 with good behavior.
12. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
(a) If the museum knows it is a fake.
(b) How the museum came to own such a sacred object.
(c) Why they would put a Yeibichai mask on a manikin.
(d) If the mask is one of the objects Highhawk robbed from a grave.
13. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
(b) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
(c) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
(d) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
14. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Water Girl.
(b) Water Boy.
(c) Holy Boy.
(d) Holy Girl.
15. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(b) Two unmarked police cars.
(c) A Lexus.
(d) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Elkins work?
2. Where does Captain Rodney meet Leaphorn?
3. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
4. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
5. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)