|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Rodney meet Leaphorn?
(a) Janet Pete's office.
(b) The downtown police station.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) Highhawk's townhouse.
2. How does Fleck amuse himself?
(a) By going to bars.
(b) By snorting coccaine.
(c) By calling ads of people who are selling things.
(d) By cutting himself.
3. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Highhawk does not return.
(c) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(d) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
4. Whose body was discovered under some bushes?
(c) No one.
5. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) Janet's apartment.
(c) Janet's office.
(d) Highhawk's home.
6. Who tracked Highhawk down?
(d) No one knows.
7. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His fetish collection.
(b) His kachina collection.
(c) His pipe collection.
(d) His drum collection.
8. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(b) A song from the Night Chant.
(c) There are no songs; just talking.
(d) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
9. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
(a) The phone booth to which he was directed.
(b) A valuable ring.
(c) A hidden microphone in his office.
(d) A valuable Native American artifact.
10. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A strange man.
(b) No one.
(c) A note addressed to the conductor.
(d) A note addressed to the police.
11. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(b) His wife who leaves him.
(c) His missing daughter.
(d) A nursing home for his mother.
12. How is Highhawk killed?
(a) His head is bashed in with a heavy object.
(b) Gunshot to the head.
(c) Knife wound through the heart.
(d) His throat is slit.
13. What does Fleck want to photograph?
(a) His daughter with a gang.
(b) The client.
(c) His partner embezzling.
(d) His wife with another man.
14. Who does Leaphorn want to question?
(b) Janet Pete.
15. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If they get a court order.
(b) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
(c) If a family connection is shown.
(d) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
2. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
3. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
4. What is under Highhawk's body?
5. What are Chee, Leaphorn and Rodney checking in the museum?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)