|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Leaphorn to Union Station?
(a) Jim Chee.
(b) Henry Highhawk.
(c) Janet Pete.
(d) Roland Dockery.
2. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If they get a court order.
(b) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(c) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
(d) If a family connection is shown.
3. How does Fleck amuse himself?
(a) By snorting coccaine.
(b) By calling ads of people who are selling things.
(c) By cutting himself.
(d) By going to bars.
4. In what State penitentiary does Fleck do time?
(b) San Quentin.
5. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His fetish collection.
(b) His drum collection.
(c) His kachina collection.
(d) His pipe collection.
6. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
7. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) Highhawk does not return.
(b) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(c) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(d) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
8. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He believes he is being framed.
(b) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(c) He believes what he did was not illegal.
(d) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
9. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
10. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
(b) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
(c) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
(d) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
11. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
(a) Jeans and flannel shirt.
(b) Business suit.
(c) The uniform of the Nez Pez Tribal Police.
(d) The uniform of the Navajo Tribal Police.
12. How is Highhawk killed?
(a) His throat is slit.
(b) Knife wound through the heart.
(c) His head is bashed in with a heavy object.
(d) Gunshot to the head.
13. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
(a) They will not allow the museum to use it again.
(b) They will melt it down for the gold.
(c) She has no intention of giving up any of the museum's collection.
(d) They will sell it to the highest private bidder who will then charge the musuem to display it.
14. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As his partner in crime.
(b) As his friendly nemesis.
(c) As an old friend.
(d) As his bitter rival.
15. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The embassy.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Metro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn see inside apartment 3?
2. For whom does Elkins work?
3. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
4. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
5. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)