|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and talks to Leaphorn at his hotel room?
(a) Two Washington, D. C. police detectives.
(b) Two CIA agents.
(c) Two FBI agents.
(d) Two Homeland Security agents.
2. Where does Highhawk take Chee?
(a) To the Vietnam memorial.
(b) To the White House.
(c) To the Natural History Museum.
(d) To his home.
3. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
(b) A watch.
(c) A small camera.
(d) A low voltage meter.
4. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(b) By a pharmacist.
(c) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(d) From Henry Highhawk.
5. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
(b) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(c) Two unmarked police cars.
(d) A Lexus.
6. What is missing from Highhawk's hook in his office?
(a) His cane.
(b) His museum jacket.
(c) Highhawk's master key.
(d) His hat.
7. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
(a) To find out if she has decided on his offer of employment.
(b) To tell her of a threat against him.
(c) To consult her about his criminal charges.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
8. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
(a) They will sell it to the highest private bidder who will then charge the musuem to display it.
(b) She has no intention of giving up any of the museum's collection.
(c) They will melt it down for the gold.
(d) They will not allow the museum to use it again.
9. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
(a) Killing his mother.
(b) Leaving town.
(c) How to get 3000 dollars.
(d) How to kill the nursing home director.
10. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
(a) A policeman being rough with a young black man.
(b) A youth trying to steal an elderly woman's purse.
(c) A man trying to break into Janet's car.
(d) The man in the Chevy.
11. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
12. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 45 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 3 days.
13. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
(a) The United States Army in the early 1900s.
(b) It is not known how the skeletons were gathered.
(c) The Indian Bureau.
(d) Earlier generations of anthropologists.
14. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) Highhawk's home.
(c) Janet's apartment.
(d) Janet's office.
15. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) A nursing home for his mother.
(b) His missing daughter.
(c) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(d) His wife who leaves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
2. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
3. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
4. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
5. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)