|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) Highhawk does not return.
(b) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(c) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
(d) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
2. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
(a) An Inca mask of Viracocha.
(b) A mask from Ecuador belonging to the Cañari tribe.
(c) A Rain fetish of the Pueblo Acoma.
(d) An Azteck mask of Huitzilopochtli.
3. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(c) No one.
(d) Janet Pete.
4. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
(a) The uniform of the Nez Pez Tribal Police.
(b) Jeans and flannel shirt.
(c) Business suit.
(d) The uniform of the Navajo Tribal Police.
5. What are Chee, Leaphorn and Rodney checking in the museum?
(a) Retangular boxes.
(b) Fish traps.
(c) The video cameras.
6. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
(a) To cure her of her brain tumor.
(b) To cure her of liver cancer.
(c) To restore her to harmony with her fate.
(d) To entertain her in her last hours.
7. In what State penitentiary does Fleck do time?
(d) San Quentin.
8. What is different between the list and the notebook in the luggage Leaphorn inspects?
(b) The handwriting.
(c) The owner address tags.
(d) The initials.
9. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His fetish collection.
(b) His pipe collection.
(c) His drum collection.
(d) His kachina collection.
10. Why does Leaphorn miss Emma particularly at this moment?
(a) Because they had their honeymoon near the area.
(b) Because he feels lonely in such a large city.
(c) Because she would love to see the Native American exhibit at the Smithsonian.
(d) For her reassurance that he is not a failure.
11. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
(b) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
(c) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
(d) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
12. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
(a) The Client's boss.
(b) He can think of no one to ask.
(c) His brother.
(d) Eddy Elkins.
13. What shocks Chee near the museum entrance?
(a) Seeing a homeless man sleeping near the Washington monument.
(b) Seeing an elderly woman fall and people just walking around her.
(c) Seeing Janet with her arms around another Native American.
(d) Seeing Joe Leaphorn.
14. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(b) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
(c) A song from the Night Chant.
(d) There are no songs; just talking.
15. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(b) General Jose Juarez.
(c) The President of Mexico.
(d) The President of Ecuador.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leaphorn call the interrogators' bluff?
2. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
3. Who takes credit for the identification of Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
4. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
5. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)