|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
(b) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
(c) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
(d) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
2. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Shorts and tee shirt.
(b) Jeans and bollo tie.
(c) Sports coat and tie.
(d) A cheap business suit.
3. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Water Boy.
(b) Holy Girl.
(c) Water Girl.
(d) Holy Boy.
4. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
(a) A Chilean general.
(b) The head of security at the Chilean embassy.
(c) The President of Chili.
(d) A Brazilian general.
5. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) A song from the Night Chant.
(b) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(c) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
(d) There are no songs; just talking.
6. Who tracked Highhawk down?
(a) No one knows.
7. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
8. Where is Highhawk found?
(a) In a repository for artifacts from a Palawan Island tribe.
(b) In a locker in the female employee's locker room.
(c) In a repository for artifacts from Borneo.
(d) In a restroom in the basement.
9. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
(b) Writes down what he overheard from the call.
(c) Checks the time.
(d) Pretends disinterest.
10. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He believes he is being framed.
(b) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
(c) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(d) He believes what he did was not illegal.
11. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
(a) To remind the killer of what to dispose of.
(b) To mislead the police as to the reasons for the murder.
(c) To remind the victim of meetings.
(d) To point the figure at the wrong person.
12. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
(a) To entertain her in her last hours.
(b) To cure her of liver cancer.
(c) To restore her to harmony with her fate.
(d) To cure her of her brain tumor.
13. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
14. Who does Leaphorn see inside apartment 3?
(a) No one is in the apartment.
(b) A man who is handcuffed to a chair.
(c) A man who fits the description of the killer.
(d) A woman who is bound to a chair.
15. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
(a) He can think of no one to ask.
(b) Eddy Elkins.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Client's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
2. What are Chee, Leaphorn and Rodney checking in the museum?
3. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
4. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
5. What does Chee wish to see?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)