|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Metro.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The embassy.
2. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
(b) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(c) He believes what he did was not illegal.
(d) He believes he is being framed.
3. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 42 days.
(c) 31 days.
(d) 29 days.
4. What is the prosecutor offering Highhawk?
(a) A plea bargain with no jail time.
(b) The prosecutor is unwilling to offer any plea bargain.
(c) A plea bargain with only five years and out in 2 with good behavior.
(d) A plea bargain with only six months jail time.
5. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(a) Nez Pez.
(c) Hopi and Zuni.
6. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
(a) A mask from Ecuador belonging to the Cañari tribe.
(b) An Azteck mask of Huitzilopochtli.
(c) An Inca mask of Viracocha.
(d) A Rain fetish of the Pueblo Acoma.
7. For whom does Elkins work?
(a) A San Francisco law firm.
(b) A Chicago law firm.
(c) A New York City law firm.
(d) A Washington, D. C. law firm.
8. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
(a) A Chilean general.
(b) The President of Chili.
(c) A Brazilian general.
(d) The head of security at the Chilean embassy.
9. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(a) No one.
(b) Janet Pete.
10. What is Chee surprised to find in Highhawk's office?
(a) A traditional Yeibichai pipe.
(b) A traditional Yeibichai mask.
(c) A traditional Yeibichai kochina.
(d) A traditional Yeibichai drum.
11. How does Leaphorn call the interrogators' bluff?
(a) He mentions Agent Kennedy's name.
(b) He says he will be calling a prominent New Mexico senator.
(c) He says he is recording their conversation.
(d) He mentions that he is friends with Captain Rodney.
12. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As his bitter rival.
(b) As his friendly nemesis.
(c) As his partner in crime.
(d) As an old friend.
13. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(b) A nursing home for his mother.
(c) His wife who leaves him.
(d) His missing daughter.
14. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(b) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(c) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
(d) Fleck's mother.
15. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
(b) A Lexus.
(c) Two unmarked police cars.
(d) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
2. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
3. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
4. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
5. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)