|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 42 days.
(b) 31 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 29 days.
2. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
(a) To remind the victim of meetings.
(b) To mislead the police as to the reasons for the murder.
(c) To point the figure at the wrong person.
(d) To remind the killer of what to dispose of.
3. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
4. About what does Leaphorn learn?
(a) That the War God fetish has been stolen.
(b) That Kennedy is on his way to Washington, D. C.
(c) The fact that Chee is in Wisconsin now.
(d) The arrest warrent for Highhawk.
5. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His pipe collection.
(b) His drum collection.
(c) His fetish collection.
(d) His kachina collection.
6. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 14 days.
7. Why does Leaphorn miss Emma particularly at this moment?
(a) Because she would love to see the Native American exhibit at the Smithsonian.
(b) Because they had their honeymoon near the area.
(c) For her reassurance that he is not a failure.
(d) Because he feels lonely in such a large city.
8. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
(a) About the bones of Navajo people.
(b) If Leaphorn should tell the press that the FBI did not identify the desert corpse.
(c) If Chee should date Janet Pete.
(d) About whether or not Highhawk was insane.
9. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Fleck's mother.
(b) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
(c) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(d) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
10. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
11. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Sports coat and tie.
(b) Jeans and bollo tie.
(c) A cheap business suit.
(d) Shorts and tee shirt.
12. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
13. Who does Leaphorn want to question?
(b) Janet Pete.
14. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
(a) General Jose Juarez.
(b) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(c) Eddy Elkins.
(d) The Client.
15. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The embassy.
(c) The Metro.
(d) The Smithsonian.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
2. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
3. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
4. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
5. What is under Highhawk's body?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)