|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
(a) Leaving town.
(b) How to kill the nursing home director.
(c) How to get 3000 dollars.
(d) Killing his mother.
2. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Holy Girl.
(b) Water Girl.
(c) Water Boy.
(d) Holy Boy.
3. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) There are no songs; just talking.
(b) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(c) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
(d) A song from the Night Chant.
4. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(b) Fleck's mother.
(c) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
(d) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
5. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
6. How does Fleck amuse himself?
(a) By cutting himself.
(b) By going to bars.
(c) By snorting coccaine.
(d) By calling ads of people who are selling things.
7. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
(a) To consult her about his criminal charges.
(b) To find out if she has decided on his offer of employment.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) To tell her of a threat against him.
8. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) His wife who leaves him.
(b) A nursing home for his mother.
(c) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(d) His missing daughter.
9. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
10. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
(a) There is no corn pollen on it.
(b) The colors are slightly the wrong hue.
(c) There is a made in China sticker on it.
(d) He cannot tell if it is original or not.
11. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
(a) A low voltage meter.
(c) A small camera.
(d) A watch.
12. What shocks Chee near the museum entrance?
(a) Seeing Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Seeing a homeless man sleeping near the Washington monument.
(c) Seeing an elderly woman fall and people just walking around her.
(d) Seeing Janet with her arms around another Native American.
13. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Ugly Man.
(b) The Mean Man.
(c) The Mad Man.
(d) The Fat Man.
14. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Sports coat and tie.
(b) Jeans and bollo tie.
(c) A cheap business suit.
(d) Shorts and tee shirt.
15. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
(b) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(c) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
(d) It is a drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
2. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
3. What interests Captain Parker about the incident at the museum when Highhawk disappears?
4. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
5. Who takes credit for the identification of Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)