|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
(a) The phone booth to which he was directed.
(b) A valuable Native American artifact.
(c) A hidden microphone in his office.
(d) A valuable ring.
2. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
(b) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
(c) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
(d) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
3. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) No one.
4. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(b) From Henry Highhawk.
(c) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(d) By a pharmacist.
5. Who comes and talks to Leaphorn at his hotel room?
(a) Two Washington, D. C. police detectives.
(b) Two FBI agents.
(c) Two Homeland Security agents.
(d) Two CIA agents.
6. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
(a) Highhawk's home.
(b) Janet's office.
(c) Janet's apartment.
(d) The Smithsonian.
7. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His kachina collection.
(b) His fetish collection.
(c) His pipe collection.
(d) His drum collection.
8. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Mean Man.
(b) The Mad Man.
(c) The Ugly Man.
(d) The Fat Man.
9. What is the prosecutor offering Highhawk?
(a) A plea bargain with only six months jail time.
(b) The prosecutor is unwilling to offer any plea bargain.
(c) A plea bargain with no jail time.
(d) A plea bargain with only five years and out in 2 with good behavior.
10. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He believes what he did was not illegal.
(b) He believes he is being framed.
(c) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(d) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
11. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As an old friend.
(b) As his friendly nemesis.
(c) As his bitter rival.
(d) As his partner in crime.
12. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
(a) Earlier generations of anthropologists.
(b) The United States Army in the early 1900s.
(c) It is not known how the skeletons were gathered.
(d) The Indian Bureau.
13. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
(b) A low voltage meter.
(c) A watch.
(d) A small camera.
14. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
(a) A youth trying to steal an elderly woman's purse.
(b) A policeman being rough with a young black man.
(c) The man in the Chevy.
(d) A man trying to break into Janet's car.
15. What does Fleck do after seeing the article about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) Calls the FBI.
(b) Calls a Washington, D. C. police detective.
(c) Shoots a hole in the wall of his apartment.
(d) Calls The Client.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what State penitentiary does Fleck do time?
2. How does Fleck amuse himself?
3. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
4. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
5. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)