|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and talks to Leaphorn at his hotel room?
(a) Two FBI agents.
(b) Two Washington, D. C. police detectives.
(c) Two CIA agents.
(d) Two Homeland Security agents.
2. What shocks Chee near the museum entrance?
(a) Seeing an elderly woman fall and people just walking around her.
(b) Seeing a homeless man sleeping near the Washington monument.
(c) Seeing Janet with her arms around another Native American.
(d) Seeing Joe Leaphorn.
3. Who does Leaphorn want to question?
(c) Janet Pete.
4. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) A Lexus.
(b) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(c) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
(d) Two unmarked police cars.
5. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
(a) Earlier generations of anthropologists.
(b) The Indian Bureau.
(c) The United States Army in the early 1900s.
(d) It is not known how the skeletons were gathered.
6. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
(a) To restore her to harmony with her fate.
(b) To entertain her in her last hours.
(c) To cure her of liver cancer.
(d) To cure her of her brain tumor.
7. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
(a) A small camera.
(b) A watch.
(d) A low voltage meter.
8. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
(a) To find out if she has decided on his offer of employment.
(b) To tell her of a threat against him.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) To consult her about his criminal charges.
9. What interests Captain Parker about the incident at the museum when Highhawk disappears?
(a) The alarm system did not go off.
(b) The sprinkler system went off.
(c) The security guard was not at her station.
(d) There was nothing stolen at the museum.
10. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) No one.
11. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) There are no songs; just talking.
(b) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(c) A song from the Night Chant.
(d) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
12. Whose body was discovered under some bushes?
(c) No one.
13. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(b) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
(c) If they get a court order.
(d) If a family connection is shown.
14. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 42 days.
(b) 29 days.
(c) 31 days.
(d) 10 days.
15. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
(b) Highhawk does not return.
(c) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(d) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
2. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
3. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
4. About what does Leaphorn learn?
5. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)