|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
(a) A Chilean general.
(b) The head of security at the Chilean embassy.
(c) The President of Chili.
(d) A Brazilian general.
2. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
(a) How the museum came to own such a sacred object.
(b) If the mask is one of the objects Highhawk robbed from a grave.
(c) If the museum knows it is a fake.
(d) Why they would put a Yeibichai mask on a manikin.
3. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
(b) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
(c) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
(d) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
4. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) A nursing home for his mother.
(b) His missing daughter.
(c) His wife who leaves him.
(d) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
5. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
6. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His pipe collection.
(b) His fetish collection.
(c) His kachina collection.
(d) His drum collection.
7. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(b) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
(c) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
(d) It is a drug.
8. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
(a) They will not allow the museum to use it again.
(b) They will sell it to the highest private bidder who will then charge the musuem to display it.
(c) They will melt it down for the gold.
(d) She has no intention of giving up any of the museum's collection.
9. Who takes credit for the identification of Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Navajo tribal police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Washington, D. C. police department.
10. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
(a) An Azteck mask of Huitzilopochtli.
(b) A Rain fetish of the Pueblo Acoma.
(c) A mask from Ecuador belonging to the Cañari tribe.
(d) An Inca mask of Viracocha.
11. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(b) If they get a court order.
(c) If a family connection is shown.
(d) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
12. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
13. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
(a) Janet's office.
(b) Highhawk's home.
(c) Janet's apartment.
(d) The Smithsonian.
14. What is the prosecutor offering Highhawk?
(a) The prosecutor is unwilling to offer any plea bargain.
(b) A plea bargain with no jail time.
(c) A plea bargain with only five years and out in 2 with good behavior.
(d) A plea bargain with only six months jail time.
15. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Shorts and tee shirt.
(b) Sports coat and tie.
(c) Jeans and bollo tie.
(d) A cheap business suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
2. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
3. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
4. What is Chee surprised to find in Highhawk's office?
5. Who is Alice Yoakum?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)