|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A note addressed to the police.
(b) A strange man.
(c) No one.
(d) A note addressed to the conductor.
2. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
(a) He can think of no one to ask.
(b) The Client's boss.
(c) His brother.
(d) Eddy Elkins.
3. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Water Boy.
(b) Water Girl.
(c) Holy Girl.
(d) Holy Boy.
4. What did Fleck kill three inmates?
(a) He only killed one man who stabbed him.
(b) They threatened to send someone to kill his mother.
(c) They raped him.
(d) They were doing time for really heinous crimes.
5. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Shorts and tee shirt.
(b) A cheap business suit.
(c) Sports coat and tie.
(d) Jeans and bollo tie.
6. Who does Leaphorn see inside apartment 3?
(a) A man who fits the description of the killer.
(b) A man who is handcuffed to a chair.
(c) A woman who is bound to a chair.
(d) No one is in the apartment.
7. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) The President of Mexico.
(b) The President of Ecuador.
(c) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(d) General Jose Juarez.
8. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
(a) An Inca mask of Viracocha.
(b) An Azteck mask of Huitzilopochtli.
(c) A mask from Ecuador belonging to the Cañari tribe.
(d) A Rain fetish of the Pueblo Acoma.
9. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
(a) A youth trying to steal an elderly woman's purse.
(b) A man trying to break into Janet's car.
(c) The man in the Chevy.
(d) A policeman being rough with a young black man.
10. What does Chee wish to see?
(a) The Tano God of Rain fetish.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Vietnam memorial.
(d) The Tano Twin War God fetish.
11. Whose body was discovered under some bushes?
(a) No one.
12. Why does Leaphorn miss Emma particularly at this moment?
(a) Because she would love to see the Native American exhibit at the Smithsonian.
(b) Because he feels lonely in such a large city.
(c) For her reassurance that he is not a failure.
(d) Because they had their honeymoon near the area.
13. Where is Highhawk found?
(a) In a repository for artifacts from Borneo.
(b) In a repository for artifacts from a Palawan Island tribe.
(c) In a locker in the female employee's locker room.
(d) In a restroom in the basement.
14. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The Metro.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The embassy.
15. How does Leaphorn call the interrogators' bluff?
(a) He mentions that he is friends with Captain Rodney.
(b) He says he is recording their conversation.
(c) He mentions Agent Kennedy's name.
(d) He says he will be calling a prominent New Mexico senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alice Yoakum?
2. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
3. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
4. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
5. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)