|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Leaphorn to Union Station?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Roland Dockery.
(d) Henry Highhawk.
2. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As his partner in crime.
(b) As his bitter rival.
(c) As an old friend.
(d) As his friendly nemesis.
3. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
(a) 1000 dollars.
(b) 3000 dollars.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 22,000 dollars.
4. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
(a) How to kill the nursing home director.
(b) How to get 3000 dollars.
(c) Killing his mother.
(d) Leaving town.
5. Who does Leaphorn want to question?
(d) Janet Pete.
6. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
(b) Pretends disinterest.
(c) Checks the time.
(d) Writes down what he overheard from the call.
7. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A strange man.
(b) A note addressed to the police.
(c) A note addressed to the conductor.
(d) No one.
8. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
9. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(b) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
(c) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(d) Fleck's mother.
10. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) No one.
11. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) The President of Mexico.
(b) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(c) General Jose Juarez.
(d) The President of Ecuador.
12. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
13. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(b) Highhawk and Gomez.
14. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Mean Man.
(b) The Fat Man.
(c) The Ugly Man.
(d) The Mad Man.
15. What is Chee surprised to find in Highhawk's office?
(a) A traditional Yeibichai kochina.
(b) A traditional Yeibichai pipe.
(c) A traditional Yeibichai mask.
(d) A traditional Yeibichai drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
2. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
3. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
4. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
5. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)