|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As his bitter rival.
(b) As his friendly nemesis.
(c) As an old friend.
(d) As his partner in crime.
2. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
(a) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(b) General Jose Juarez.
(c) Eddy Elkins.
(d) The Client.
3. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
(a) The Americas' Masked Enemies.
(b) The Fall of the Nations of Native America.
(c) The Masked Gods of the Americas.
(d) Finding the Masked Ones of North America.
4. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
5. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His kachina collection.
(b) His pipe collection.
(c) His fetish collection.
(d) His drum collection.
6. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(b) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(c) Fleck's mother.
(d) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
7. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A note addressed to the conductor.
(b) No one.
(c) A strange man.
(d) A note addressed to the police.
8. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
9. What is missing from Highhawk's hook in his office?
(a) His museum jacket.
(b) His hat.
(c) His cane.
(d) Highhawk's master key.
10. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(c) Highhawk and Gomez.
11. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) There are no songs; just talking.
(b) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(c) A song from the Night Chant.
(d) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
12. What is Chee surprised to find in Highhawk's office?
(a) A traditional Yeibichai kochina.
(b) A traditional Yeibichai drum.
(c) A traditional Yeibichai mask.
(d) A traditional Yeibichai pipe.
13. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
(a) To tell her of a threat against him.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To find out if she has decided on his offer of employment.
(d) To consult her about his criminal charges.
14. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
(a) It is not known how the skeletons were gathered.
(b) The United States Army in the early 1900s.
(c) Earlier generations of anthropologists.
(d) The Indian Bureau.
15. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 45 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
2. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
3. For what is Fleck still searching?
4. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
5. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)