|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
(a) To consult her about his criminal charges.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To find out if she has decided on his offer of employment.
(d) To tell her of a threat against him.
2. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 45 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 14 days.
3. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(b) He believes he is being framed.
(c) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
(d) He believes what he did was not illegal.
4. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) He is an exiled communist leader from Ecuador.
(b) He is a diplomat of the Spanish government.
(c) He is an exiled communist leader from Chile.
(d) He is an exiled musician from Costa Rica.
5. How does Leaphorn call the interrogators' bluff?
(a) He says he will be calling a prominent New Mexico senator.
(b) He says he is recording their conversation.
(c) He mentions Agent Kennedy's name.
(d) He mentions that he is friends with Captain Rodney.
6. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
(b) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(c) Two unmarked police cars.
(d) A Lexus.
7. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(b) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
(c) It is a drug.
(d) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
8. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
9. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Jeans and bollo tie.
(b) Sports coat and tie.
(c) Shorts and tee shirt.
(d) A cheap business suit.
10. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
(a) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(b) Eddy Elkins.
(c) General Jose Juarez.
(d) The Client.
11. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
(a) The Fall of the Nations of Native America.
(b) The Americas' Masked Enemies.
(c) The Masked Gods of the Americas.
(d) Finding the Masked Ones of North America.
12. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
(b) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Highhawk does not return.
(d) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
13. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Mean Man.
(b) The Mad Man.
(c) The Fat Man.
(d) The Ugly Man.
14. In what State penitentiary does Fleck do time?
(c) San Quentin.
15. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
2. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
3. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
4. What is Chee surprised to find in Highhawk's office?
5. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)