|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 42 days.
(b) 29 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 31 days.
2. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(b) From Henry Highhawk.
(c) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(d) By a pharmacist.
3. Who comes and talks to Leaphorn at his hotel room?
(a) Two FBI agents.
(b) Two CIA agents.
(c) Two Washington, D. C. police detectives.
(d) Two Homeland Security agents.
4. What is under Highhawk's body?
(b) A Rain God fetish.
(c) The Yeibichai mask.
(d) A note.
5. What shocks Chee near the museum entrance?
(a) Seeing Janet with her arms around another Native American.
(b) Seeing a homeless man sleeping near the Washington monument.
(c) Seeing Joe Leaphorn.
(d) Seeing an elderly woman fall and people just walking around her.
6. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Ugly Man.
(b) The Mad Man.
(c) The Mean Man.
(d) The Fat Man.
7. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
(a) To mislead the police as to the reasons for the murder.
(b) To point the figure at the wrong person.
(c) To remind the killer of what to dispose of.
(d) To remind the victim of meetings.
8. What does Chee wish to see?
(a) The Tano Twin War God fetish.
(b) The Vietnam memorial.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Tano God of Rain fetish.
9. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
10. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
(a) How the museum came to own such a sacred object.
(b) If the museum knows it is a fake.
(c) If the mask is one of the objects Highhawk robbed from a grave.
(d) Why they would put a Yeibichai mask on a manikin.
11. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A strange man.
(b) No one.
(c) A note addressed to the police.
(d) A note addressed to the conductor.
12. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
(a) Checks the time.
(c) Pretends disinterest.
(d) Writes down what he overheard from the call.
13. How is Highhawk killed?
(a) Gunshot to the head.
(b) His head is bashed in with a heavy object.
(c) Knife wound through the heart.
(d) His throat is slit.
14. For whom does Elkins work?
(a) A Washington, D. C. law firm.
(b) A New York City law firm.
(c) A San Francisco law firm.
(d) A Chicago law firm.
15. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
(a) A Chilean general.
(b) A Brazilian general.
(c) The President of Chili.
(d) The head of security at the Chilean embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
2. Who takes credit for the identification of Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
3. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
4. What is missing from Highhawk's hook in his office?
5. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)