|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tracked Highhawk down?
(b) No one knows.
2. How does Fleck amuse himself?
(a) By snorting coccaine.
(b) By going to bars.
(c) By calling ads of people who are selling things.
(d) By cutting himself.
3. What is missing from Highhawk's hook in his office?
(a) Highhawk's master key.
(b) His museum jacket.
(c) His cane.
(d) His hat.
4. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
(a) To cure her of her brain tumor.
(b) To cure her of liver cancer.
(c) To entertain her in her last hours.
(d) To restore her to harmony with her fate.
5. What is different between the list and the notebook in the luggage Leaphorn inspects?
(a) The initials.
(b) The handwriting.
(c) The owner address tags.
6. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(a) Nez Pez.
(d) Hopi and Zuni.
7. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A strange man.
(b) A note addressed to the police.
(c) No one.
(d) A note addressed to the conductor.
8. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(b) He believes he is being framed.
(c) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
(d) He believes what he did was not illegal.
9. What interests Captain Parker about the incident at the museum when Highhawk disappears?
(a) The security guard was not at her station.
(b) There was nothing stolen at the museum.
(c) The alarm system did not go off.
(d) The sprinkler system went off.
10. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(d) Highhawk and Gomez.
11. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
(a) Leaving town.
(b) Killing his mother.
(c) How to get 3000 dollars.
(d) How to kill the nursing home director.
12. How is Leaphorn dressed?
(a) Sports coat and tie.
(b) Shorts and tee shirt.
(c) A cheap business suit.
(d) Jeans and bollo tie.
13. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(b) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(c) From Henry Highhawk.
(d) By a pharmacist.
14. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
15. What is under Highhawk's body?
(b) A Rain God fetish.
(c) The Yeibichai mask.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fleck kill three inmates?
2. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
3. What is Chee surprised to find in Highhawk's office?
4. About what does Leaphorn learn?
5. Why does Leaphorn miss Emma particularly at this moment?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)