|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 45 days.
(d) 14 days.
2. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
(a) The United States Army in the early 1900s.
(b) It is not known how the skeletons were gathered.
(c) The Indian Bureau.
(d) Earlier generations of anthropologists.
3. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 42 days.
(b) 29 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 31 days.
4. Who tracked Highhawk down?
(c) No one knows.
5. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(a) Highhawk and Gomez.
6. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As his partner in crime.
(b) As his friendly nemesis.
(c) As his bitter rival.
(d) As an old friend.
7. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
(b) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(c) A Lexus.
(d) Two unmarked police cars.
8. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(b) Hopi and Zuni.
(c) Nez Pez.
9. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
(a) If Chee should date Janet Pete.
(b) About whether or not Highhawk was insane.
(c) If Leaphorn should tell the press that the FBI did not identify the desert corpse.
(d) About the bones of Navajo people.
10. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
(a) 3000 dollars.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 10,000 dollars.
(d) 22,000 dollars.
11. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(b) No one.
(c) Janet Pete.
12. What interests Captain Parker about the incident at the museum when Highhawk disappears?
(a) The alarm system did not go off.
(b) The security guard was not at her station.
(c) There was nothing stolen at the museum.
(d) The sprinkler system went off.
13. How does Fleck amuse himself?
(a) By going to bars.
(b) By cutting himself.
(c) By calling ads of people who are selling things.
(d) By snorting coccaine.
14. Where is Highhawk found?
(a) In a locker in the female employee's locker room.
(b) In a restroom in the basement.
(c) In a repository for artifacts from a Palawan Island tribe.
(d) In a repository for artifacts from Borneo.
15. What does Chee wish to see?
(a) The Vietnam memorial.
(b) The Tano Twin War God fetish.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Tano God of Rain fetish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
2. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
3. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
4. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
5. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)