|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) General Jose Juarez.
(b) The President of Mexico.
(c) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(d) The President of Ecuador.
2. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A strange man.
(b) A note addressed to the conductor.
(c) No one.
(d) A note addressed to the police.
3. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
(a) 42 days.
(b) 31 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 29 days.
4. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
5. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If they get a court order.
(b) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(c) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
(d) If a family connection is shown.
6. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
(a) A hidden microphone in his office.
(b) The phone booth to which he was directed.
(c) A valuable Native American artifact.
(d) A valuable ring.
7. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(d) Highhawk and Gomez.
8. What does Fleck want to photograph?
(a) His partner embezzling.
(b) His wife with another man.
(c) His daughter with a gang.
(d) The client.
9. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(a) Nez Pez.
(c) Hopi and Zuni.
10. What shocks Chee near the museum entrance?
(a) Seeing a homeless man sleeping near the Washington monument.
(b) Seeing Janet with her arms around another Native American.
(c) Seeing an elderly woman fall and people just walking around her.
(d) Seeing Joe Leaphorn.
11. What does Chee notice when on his way to meet Highhawk?
(a) A Lexus.
(b) A Chevy with a bent antenna.
(c) Two unmarked police cars.
(d) Janet Pete with a suspicious-looking man.
12. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As his partner in crime.
(b) As his friendly nemesis.
(c) As an old friend.
(d) As his bitter rival.
13. Where does Highhawk take Chee?
(a) To his home.
(b) To the Vietnam memorial.
(c) To the Natural History Museum.
(d) To the White House.
14. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Metro.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The embassy.
(d) The Washington Monument.
15. Who does Leaphorn want to question?
(b) Janet Pete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
2. What did Fleck kill three inmates?
3. Whose body was discovered under some bushes?
4. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
5. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)