|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 45 days.
2. What is missing from Highhawk's hook in his office?
(a) Highhawk's master key.
(b) His cane.
(c) His museum jacket.
(d) His hat.
3. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(b) Highhawk does not return.
(c) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(d) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
4. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
(a) The head of security at the Chilean embassy.
(b) A Brazilian general.
(c) A Chilean general.
(d) The President of Chili.
5. What did Fleck kill three inmates?
(a) They were doing time for really heinous crimes.
(b) They raped him.
(c) He only killed one man who stabbed him.
(d) They threatened to send someone to kill his mother.
6. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
(a) A hidden microphone in his office.
(b) The phone booth to which he was directed.
(c) A valuable Native American artifact.
(d) A valuable ring.
7. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(b) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(c) Fleck's mother.
(d) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
8. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
(a) The uniform of the Nez Pez Tribal Police.
(b) Business suit.
(c) Jeans and flannel shirt.
(d) The uniform of the Navajo Tribal Police.
9. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) The President of Ecuador.
(b) The President of Mexico.
(c) General Jose Juarez.
(d) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
10. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(b) By a pharmacist.
(c) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(d) From Henry Highhawk.
11. Who tracked Highhawk down?
(b) No one knows.
12. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If a family connection is shown.
(b) If they get a court order.
(c) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(d) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
13. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
(d) Highhawk and Gomez.
14. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Holy Girl.
(b) Water Boy.
(c) Holy Boy.
(d) Water Girl.
15. What is under Highhawk's body?
(a) A Rain God fetish.
(c) The Yeibichai mask.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
2. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
3. For whom does Elkins work?
4. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
5. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)