|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is the client trailed?
(a) The Washington Monument.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The embassy.
(d) The Metro.
2. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) The President of Ecuador.
(b) General Jose Juarez.
(c) The President of Mexico.
(d) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
3. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Mean Man.
(b) The Ugly Man.
(c) The Fat Man.
(d) The Mad Man.
4. Who does Leaphorn see inside apartment 3?
(a) A man who fits the description of the killer.
(b) A man who is handcuffed to a chair.
(c) No one is in the apartment.
(d) A woman who is bound to a chair.
5. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(b) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
(c) Fleck's mother.
(d) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
6. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
7. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
(a) A watch.
(b) A low voltage meter.
(c) A small camera.
8. Who tracked Highhawk down?
(a) No one knows.
9. How does Fleck amuse himself?
(a) By going to bars.
(b) By snorting coccaine.
(c) By cutting himself.
(d) By calling ads of people who are selling things.
10. What are Chee, Leaphorn and Rodney checking in the museum?
(b) Fish traps.
(c) Retangular boxes.
(d) The video cameras.
11. Who comes and talks to Leaphorn at his hotel room?
(a) Two CIA agents.
(b) Two FBI agents.
(c) Two Washington, D. C. police detectives.
(d) Two Homeland Security agents.
12. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
(b) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
(c) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(d) It is a drug.
13. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(b) Highhawk does not return.
(c) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(d) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
14. Who does Leaphorn meet for breakfast in a hotel restaurant?
15. How does Highhawk refer to Rudolfo Gomez?
(a) As an old friend.
(b) As his partner in crime.
(c) As his friendly nemesis.
(d) As his bitter rival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
2. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
3. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
4. What does Fleck want to photograph?
5. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)