|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor think Agnes Tsosie is going to need?
(a) A lot of rest until she is fully recovered.
(b) Pain medication.
(c) A new brace.
(d) Three more rounds of chemo.
2. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) About a year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 months.
3. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) As a token Indian.
(b) Researcher assistant.
(c) Legal aide.
(d) Officer manager.
4. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) The Client.
(b) His brother.
(c) His boss.
(d) A small time bookie who owes him money.
5. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
6. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) The dead man found in the desert.
(b) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(c) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
7. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
(a) Consulting on some Navajo traditoins.
(b) Help investigating a death.
(c) A guide into the desert.
(d) Help in getting the Smithsonian to cooperate about their Indian remains.
8. What passes Leaphorn as he stands in the dark?
(a) A deer.
(b) An 18 wheeler.
(c) A bear.
(d) An Amtrak train.
9. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) Gain influence with the Navajo tribal counsel through Janet Pete.
(b) Build a technical university on Navajo Land for the young Native Americans.
(c) Create a hazardous waste dump on Tano Pueblo lands.
(d) Build a bypass on Tano Pueblo land.
10. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A Conservator.
(b) A state forensics lab worker.
(c) A senator.
(d) A congressman.
11. What does Kennedy tell Leaphorn at lunch?
(a) That the body has finally been identified.
(b) That Kennedy is being pulled off the case.
(c) That Leaphorn is being pulled off the case.
(d) That the body has still not been identified.
12. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
(a) Officer Chee.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Henry Highhawk.
13. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
(a) Train the newest recruits.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Take a leave of absence to go back to school.
(d) Change to the undercover division.
14. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
(a) She needs more extensive care.
(b) She has no money.
(c) For being violent.
(d) She has not been kicked out; she died.
15. What does the note in the box reveal?
(a) What the significance of the box's contents is.
(b) It is unclear as it is a picture of a Cochise doll.
(c) That Perry is under a contract by the mafia.
(d) That more teeth will be forthcoming if she does not rescind a decision of the Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
2. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
3. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
4. Who does Leaphorn phone?
5. How is Janet Pete dressed?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)