|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passes Leaphorn as he stands in the dark?
(a) A bear.
(b) A deer.
(c) An Amtrak train.
(d) An 18 wheeler.
2. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) Since he was in the military.
(b) Since the death of his wife.
(c) Since his retirement.
(d) He still exercises regularly.
3. From whom does Leaphorn receive a phone call?
(a) Dr. Booker.
(b) Jay Kennedy.
(c) Catherine Perry.
(d) Agnes Tsose.
4. What may enable Highhawk to steal from the Smithsonian?
(a) His girlfriend's position as a conservator.
(b) His stealth abilities he gained in Vietnam.
(c) His wife's position as a curator.
(d) His position as conservator there.
5. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
(a) No one.
(b) Markie Bailey.
(d) The delivery boy.
6. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 2 months.
(b) About a year.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 years.
7. How did the Smithsonian obtain the item which the Chilean general is trying to recover?
(a) A Spanish general in the late 1800s sold it to a major corporation.
(b) No one is certain.
(c) The general's great-great grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
(d) The general's grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
8. Who is Janet Pete?
(a) A friend of Mary Langdon.
(b) A Nez Pez tribal police officer.
(c) An attorney for Chee's uncle.
(d) An attorney who is defending Highhawk.
9. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Janet Pete's assistant.
(b) Catherine Perry's sister.
(c) Chee's girlfriend.
(d) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
10. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
(a) Practicing for a tourist show.
(b) Dancing for rain.
(c) Preparing for the Night Chant Ceremony.
(d) Performing a tribal wedding dance.
11. Who picks Jim Chee up at the airport?
(a) He takes the train.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) He takes a taxi.
(d) Agent Kennedy.
12. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
(a) A guide into the desert.
(b) Help investigating a death.
(c) Consulting on some Navajo traditoins.
(d) Help in getting the Smithsonian to cooperate about their Indian remains.
13. Who is Janet's firm's expert on the Southwest?
(a) They do not have an expert in that area.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) John McDermott.
(d) Henry Highhawk.
14. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Arab.
(b) He is Hispanic.
(c) He is Chinese.
(d) He is Russian.
15. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
(a) A body of a white man wearing a dark suit.
(b) A number of tribal records are missing.
(c) That there has been three missing persons reported in the last 2 weeks.
(d) That the river is unusually high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
2. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
3. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
4. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
5. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)