|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
(a) Thanksgiving for her healing.
(c) Healing ceremony to completely cure her.
2. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
(a) That the Nez Pez pow wow has been rescheduled.
(b) That Chee's uncle left Chee his pipe.
(c) That Highhawk and Gomez are planning a serious crime.
(d) That Mary Langdon has been arrested.
3. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
(a) If his daughter has arrived for her visit yet.
(b) If he wants to follow up on a woman's flirtation when he was at the Navajo Reservation.
(c) If he wants to go out for a steak dinner that night.
(d) Where to go for his vacation.
4. What does the note in the box reveal?
(a) What the significance of the box's contents is.
(b) That more teeth will be forthcoming if she does not rescind a decision of the Board.
(c) It is unclear as it is a picture of a Cochise doll.
(d) That Perry is under a contract by the mafia.
5. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) His brother.
(b) His boss.
(c) A small time bookie who owes him money.
(d) The Client.
6. What is Leaphorn asked to search?
(a) The tribal records.
(b) The missing persons report from the reservation.
(c) The desert for tracks.
(d) A canyon near the river.
7. Who is John McDermott?
(a) Janet Pete's lover.
(b) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(d) Janet Pete's former lover.
8. What does Leaphorn's contact in Amtrak tell him?
(a) That dead cows are frequently found on the tracks.
(b) How to trace the dead man's luggage.
(c) That wild mustangs are frequently grazing near the tracks.
(d) That a passenger could not have forced an emergency stop without consulting an employee.
9. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His mother's dying wishe.
(b) His personal problems.
(c) His rise in prestige.
(d) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
10. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
(a) By pulling a lever.
(b) By asking the conductor to do so.
(c) It cannot be stopped.
(d) By using the intercom to call the engineer.
11. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(c) Janet Pete.
12. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Russian.
(b) He is Arab.
(c) He is Hispanic.
(d) He is Chinese.
13. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
(b) He is tracking a deer.
(c) He is tracking a man.
(d) He misses his wife.
14. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A Conservator.
(b) A senator.
(c) A state forensics lab worker.
(d) A congressman.
15. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(b) Catherine Perry's sister.
(c) Janet Pete's assistant.
(d) Chee's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
2. What does Kennedy tell Leaphorn at lunch?
3. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
4. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
5. What is on Perry's desk when she arrives at her office after returning to Washington, D. C.?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)