|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) Create a hazardous waste dump on Tano Pueblo lands.
(b) Gain influence with the Navajo tribal counsel through Janet Pete.
(c) Build a bypass on Tano Pueblo land.
(d) Build a technical university on Navajo Land for the young Native Americans.
2. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
(a) Markie Bailey.
(c) The delivery boy.
(d) No one.
3. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) John Doe.
(b) Man with Bad Hands.
(c) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(d) The invisible white man.
4. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) No one.
(b) Every male over the age of puberty.
(c) All the middle-aged yuppies.
(d) Just the lawyers.
5. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(c) Janet Pete.
6. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
(c) Healing ceremony to completely cure her.
(d) Thanksgiving for her healing.
7. Who is Eldon Tamana?
(a) A Navajo man.
(b) A Tano man.
(c) A Nez Pez man.
(d) Jim Chee's good friend.
8. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
(a) A pistol holster.
(b) A ceremonial turquoise calf ring.
(c) A knife holster.
(d) A metal brace.
9. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Chee's girlfriend.
(b) Catherine Perry's sister.
(c) Janet Pete's assistant.
(d) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
10. What does the note in the box reveal?
(a) That more teeth will be forthcoming if she does not rescind a decision of the Board.
(b) That Perry is under a contract by the mafia.
(c) It is unclear as it is a picture of a Cochise doll.
(d) What the significance of the box's contents is.
11. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(a) His grandfather's grave.
(b) His daughter's house.
12. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) A dead horse on the tracks.
(b) It was not stopped.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A dead cow on the tracks.
13. About what does Perry believe the Chilean embassy is calling?
(a) A jeweled mask.
(b) Some bones of ancient South American aboriginals.
(c) A jeweled scepter.
(d) The work that Highhawk is doing.
14. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in the CIA.
(b) Leaphorn's contact with the railroad.
(c) Leaphorn's contact in the Navajo Reservation.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in the FBI.
15. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
(a) Agnes Tsosie.
(b) Mary Langdon.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Jim Chee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition for Fleck receiving his money owed him?
2. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
3. What is the setting for Chapter Two?
4. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
5. Where does Leaphorn go to search Madrid-Perez's luggage?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)