|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may enable Highhawk to steal from the Smithsonian?
(a) His position as conservator there.
(b) His girlfriend's position as a conservator.
(c) His wife's position as a curator.
(d) His stealth abilities he gained in Vietnam.
2. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) A small time bookie who owes him money.
(b) His boss.
(c) The Client.
(d) His brother.
3. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
(a) Why his boss is forcing him to retire.
(b) Why Highhawk wants to joint the Navajos.
(c) Why Jim Chee has called him several times.
(d) Why a man would die without his dentures in.
4. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His personal problems.
(b) His rise in prestige.
(c) His mother's dying wishe.
(d) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
5. What is Dalman, MacArthur, White and Herzog?
(a) A construction firm.
(b) A survey firm.
(c) A conglomerate.
(d) A law firm.
6. How is Janet Pete dressed?
(a) In a sun dress.
(b) Jeans and tee shirt.
(c) Pseudo native American garb.
(d) A gray silk suit.
7. Why is Joe Leaphorn frustrated?
(a) That no one is too concerned about the identity of the dead body.
(b) That he has not yet been approved for retirement.
(c) That he is being forced to retire.
(d) That he is still assigned to a victimless crime unit.
8. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
(b) The dead man found in the desert.
(c) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(d) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
9. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
10. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of juniper.
(b) A note.
(c) A strong smell of sage.
(d) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
11. Who is Janet Pete?
(a) A Nez Pez tribal police officer.
(b) An attorney who is defending Highhawk.
(c) A friend of Mary Langdon.
(d) An attorney for Chee's uncle.
12. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
(a) A Colombian lawyer.
(b) A lawyer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) A Smithsonian lawyer.
(d) A lawyer with the State Department.
13. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(d) Janet Pete.
14. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Chee's brother-in-law.
(b) Highhawk's good friend.
(c) Leaphorn's boss.
(d) Chee's boss.
15. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) A friend in forensics.
(b) No one.
(c) An expert witness in tracks.
(d) A friend who works for the railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jim Chee?
2. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
3. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
4. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
5. What passes Leaphorn as he stands in the dark?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)