|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
2. What does Leaphorn's contact in Amtrak tell him?
(a) How to trace the dead man's luggage.
(b) That wild mustangs are frequently grazing near the tracks.
(c) That a passenger could not have forced an emergency stop without consulting an employee.
(d) That dead cows are frequently found on the tracks.
3. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Russian.
(b) He is Hispanic.
(c) He is Arab.
(d) He is Chinese.
4. What does Eldon Tamana plan to do?
(a) Move off the Reservation.
(b) Sabotage any sale of tribal land.
(c) Run for tribal counsel.
(d) Take the tribal counsel to court.
5. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) Just the lawyers.
(b) No one.
(c) Every male over the age of puberty.
(d) All the middle-aged yuppies.
6. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) A man in a new Lexus.
(c) A woman who looks to be part Native American.
(d) A man in a dented Chevy.
7. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) A friend in forensics.
(b) An expert witness in tracks.
(c) A friend who works for the railroad.
(d) No one.
8. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
(b) Cyanide poisoning.
(c) He is uncertain.
(d) A heart attack.
9. Who is John McDermott?
(a) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) Janet Pete's lover.
(c) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(d) Janet Pete's former lover.
10. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
(a) Jim Chee.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) Mary Langdon.
(d) Catherine Perry.
11. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
(a) That it is not decaying.
(b) That it is laid out so neatly.
(c) That the teeth were pulled out very violently.
(d) That it shows no signs of fear.
12. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
(a) A guide into the desert.
(b) Consulting on some Navajo traditoins.
(c) Help in getting the Smithsonian to cooperate about their Indian remains.
(d) Help investigating a death.
13. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His rise in prestige.
(b) His mother's dying wishe.
(c) His personal problems.
(d) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
14. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
(a) No one.
(b) The delivery boy.
(c) Markie Bailey.
15. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
(a) Healing ceremony to completely cure her.
(c) Thanksgiving for her healing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
2. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
3. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
4. What does Tamana want of the Smithsonian?
5. What does Joe Leaphorn feel has been restored?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)