|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) His brother.
(b) The Client.
(c) A small time bookie who owes him money.
(d) His boss.
2. Who is Janet's firm's expert on the Southwest?
(a) Henry Highhawk.
(b) They do not have an expert in that area.
(c) Janet Pete.
(d) John McDermott.
3. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) As a token Indian.
(b) Officer manager.
(c) Researcher assistant.
(d) Legal aide.
4. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) A dead horse on the tracks.
(b) It was not stopped.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A dead cow on the tracks.
5. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) Create a hazardous waste dump on Tano Pueblo lands.
(b) Build a bypass on Tano Pueblo land.
(c) Gain influence with the Navajo tribal counsel through Janet Pete.
(d) Build a technical university on Navajo Land for the young Native Americans.
6. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
(b) The largest hospital in Tucson.
(c) A public health hospital.
(d) A small, private Hospital.
7. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) Catherine Perry.
(c) Mary Langdon.
(d) Jim Chee.
8. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
(a) The box is full of teeth.
(b) A rare Native American artifact that has been missing for many years is in the box.
(c) There is just dirt in the box.
(d) Her grandparents' bones are in the box.
9. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Officer Chee.
10. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
(a) Dancing for rain.
(b) Preparing for the Night Chant Ceremony.
(c) Practicing for a tourist show.
(d) Performing a tribal wedding dance.
11. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(a) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
(b) To remain in the hospital.
(c) To go tell her daughters the good news.
12. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(b) His rise in prestige.
(c) His mother's dying wishe.
(d) His personal problems.
13. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
(a) The delivery boy.
(b) No one.
(c) Markie Bailey.
14. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A senator.
(b) A Conservator.
(c) A state forensics lab worker.
(d) A congressman.
15. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) Since the death of his wife.
(b) He still exercises regularly.
(c) Since his retirement.
(d) Since he was in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
2. Who is Jim Chee?
3. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
4. What is Leaphorn asked to search?
5. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)