|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Chee's boss.
(b) Leaphorn's boss.
(c) Highhawk's good friend.
(d) Chee's brother-in-law.
2. Who accompanies Chee to make the arrest?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) No one.
(d) Captain Largo.
3. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
(a) Chilean embassy.
(b) A Senator of New Mexico.
4. Who is John McDermott?
(a) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) Janet Pete's former lover.
(c) Janet Pete's lover.
(d) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
5. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) Just the lawyers.
(b) All the middle-aged yuppies.
(c) Every male over the age of puberty.
(d) No one.
6. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
(a) A man in a new Lexus.
(b) A woman who looks to be part Native American.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) A man in a dented Chevy.
7. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 4 years.
(b) About a year.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
8. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
(a) Agnes Tsosie.
(b) Henry Highhawk.
(c) Jim Chee.
(d) Mary Langdon.
9. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Russian.
(b) He is Chinese.
(c) He is Hispanic.
(d) He is Arab.
10. What is Leaphorn asked to search?
(a) The desert for tracks.
(b) A canyon near the river.
(c) The missing persons report from the reservation.
(d) The tribal records.
11. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
(a) It cannot be stopped.
(b) By pulling a lever.
(c) By asking the conductor to do so.
(d) By using the intercom to call the engineer.
12. What does Eldon Tamana plan to do?
(a) Move off the Reservation.
(b) Sabotage any sale of tribal land.
(c) Run for tribal counsel.
(d) Take the tribal counsel to court.
13. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(b) His mother's dying wishe.
(c) His rise in prestige.
(d) His personal problems.
14. Who is Chee going to arrest?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Henry Highhawk.
(c) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
(d) Agnes Tsosie's son-in-law.
15. What does the doctor think Agnes Tsosie is going to need?
(a) A lot of rest until she is fully recovered.
(b) Pain medication.
(c) A new brace.
(d) Three more rounds of chemo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
2. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
3. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
4. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
5. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)