|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn ask his friend?
(a) To check to see if a train made an unauthorized stop near where the body is found.
(b) To lend him his bear rifle.
(c) To lend him his deer rifle.
(d) To give him a schedule of all the train routes and times.
2. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
3. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) A dead horse on the tracks.
(b) It was not stopped.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A dead cow on the tracks.
4. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) Cyanide poisoning.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
(d) He is uncertain.
5. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
(a) Through getting rid of his main opposition.
(b) By buying the votes he needs.
(c) By gaining return of the Twin War God fetish.
(d) By getting approval of the monument in the Smithsonian.
6. How is Janet Pete dressed?
(a) Jeans and tee shirt.
(b) Pseudo native American garb.
(c) In a sun dress.
(d) A gray silk suit.
7. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) A small time bookie who owes him money.
(b) His boss.
(c) The Client.
(d) His brother.
8. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of sage.
(b) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
(c) A note.
(d) A strong smell of juniper.
9. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He is tracking a man.
(d) He is tracking a deer.
10. Who is Janet Pete?
(a) A friend of Mary Langdon.
(b) A Nez Pez tribal police officer.
(c) An attorney who is defending Highhawk.
(d) An attorney for Chee's uncle.
11. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
(a) A lawyer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(b) A Colombian lawyer.
(c) A lawyer with the State Department.
(d) A Smithsonian lawyer.
12. What does the note in the box reveal?
(a) That Perry is under a contract by the mafia.
(b) It is unclear as it is a picture of a Cochise doll.
(c) That more teeth will be forthcoming if she does not rescind a decision of the Board.
(d) What the significance of the box's contents is.
13. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) A friend in forensics.
(b) A friend who works for the railroad.
(c) No one.
(d) An expert witness in tracks.
14. Who is John McDermott?
(a) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) Janet Pete's lover.
(d) Janet Pete's former lover.
15. What is the condition for Fleck receiving his money owed him?
(a) He has to wait for five months.
(b) He has to meet with the boss.
(c) There are no problems by the end of the month concerning the job Fleck performed.
(d) He has to perform one more small task.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Perry's desk when she arrives at her office after returning to Washington, D. C.?
2. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
3. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
4. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
5. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)