|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) Build a technical university on Navajo Land for the young Native Americans.
(b) Gain influence with the Navajo tribal counsel through Janet Pete.
(c) Build a bypass on Tano Pueblo land.
(d) Create a hazardous waste dump on Tano Pueblo lands.
2. How is Janet Pete dressed?
(a) Pseudo native American garb.
(b) In a sun dress.
(c) Jeans and tee shirt.
(d) A gray silk suit.
3. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
(a) To visit his aunt.
(b) To visit his brother-in-law.
(c) To search the dead man's luggage.
(d) To meet Catherine Perry.
4. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Russian.
(b) He is Arab.
(c) He is Hispanic.
(d) He is Chinese.
5. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Goes backk home.
(c) Goes back to the crime scene.
(d) Stops to see Cowboy.
6. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
(b) A Senator of New Mexico.
(d) Chilean embassy.
7. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) What do to on his vacation.
(b) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(c) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
(d) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
8. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
(a) A woman who looks to be part Native American.
(b) A man in a new Lexus.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) A man in a dented Chevy.
9. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of sage.
(b) A strong smell of juniper.
(c) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
(d) A note.
10. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(b) Janet Pete's assistant.
(c) Chee's girlfriend.
(d) Catherine Perry's sister.
11. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
(a) Through getting rid of his main opposition.
(b) By buying the votes he needs.
(c) By gaining return of the Twin War God fetish.
(d) By getting approval of the monument in the Smithsonian.
12. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His personal problems.
(b) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(c) His mother's dying wishe.
(d) His rise in prestige.
13. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
(a) Why Highhawk wants to joint the Navajos.
(b) Why his boss is forcing him to retire.
(c) Why a man would die without his dentures in.
(d) Why Jim Chee has called him several times.
14. Who is John McDermott?
(a) Janet Pete's lover.
(b) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(d) Janet Pete's former lover.
15. How did the Smithsonian obtain the item which the Chilean general is trying to recover?
(a) The general's grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
(b) The general's great-great grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
(c) A Spanish general in the late 1800s sold it to a major corporation.
(d) No one is certain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn phone?
2. What is in the letter that Chee opens in chapter 7?
3. Who disagrees with Highhawk's work?
4. Who is Janet Pete?
5. About what does Perry believe the Chilean embassy is calling?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)