|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
(a) Preparing for the Night Chant Ceremony.
(b) Dancing for rain.
(c) Performing a tribal wedding dance.
(d) Practicing for a tourist show.
2. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) A friend in forensics.
(b) No one.
(c) A friend who works for the railroad.
(d) An expert witness in tracks.
3. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of juniper.
(b) A strong smell of sage.
(c) A note.
(d) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
4. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
(a) The person died of a heart attack and the wind blew the track away.
(b) The person was a passenger on an Amtrak train.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) Ther person was parachuted in.
5. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A Conservator.
(b) A congressman.
(c) A state forensics lab worker.
(d) A senator.
6. To whom does Leaphorn show the photos of the dead man?
(a) Henry Highhawk.
(b) Officer Chee.
(c) Catherine Perry.
(d) Agnes Tsosie.
7. What is high quality but worn?
(a) The Navajo jewelry Leaphorn finds.
(b) A modern Navajo blanket made on factory looms.
(c) An ancient Navajo woven blanket.
(d) The corpse's clothing.
8. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
(a) Some coyote pelts.
(b) A body.
(c) Some wolf pelts.
(d) A bomb.
9. Who disagrees with Highhawk's work?
(b) No one.
(c) The Board of Directors of the Native American Protection Society.
10. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) It was not stopped.
(b) A dead cow on the tracks.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A dead horse on the tracks.
11. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
(a) A rare Native American artifact that has been missing for many years is in the box.
(b) Her grandparents' bones are in the box.
(c) There is just dirt in the box.
(d) The box is full of teeth.
12. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(b) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(c) What do to on his vacation.
(d) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
13. Who is Chee going to arrest?
(a) Agnes Tsosie's son-in-law.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
(d) Henry Highhawk.
14. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
15. What is the opposition to what one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) The tribal counsel has voted down having a toxic waste dump on their lands.
(b) Younger tribal members are not interested in a technical college.
(c) Older tribal members do not want to sell their land.
(d) There is little opposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition for Fleck receiving his money owed him?
2. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
3. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
4. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
5. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)