|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
(a) That Highhawk and Gomez are planning a serious crime.
(b) That Chee's uncle left Chee his pipe.
(c) That Mary Langdon has been arrested.
(d) That the Nez Pez pow wow has been rescheduled.
2. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
(a) Change to the undercover division.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Take a leave of absence to go back to school.
(d) Train the newest recruits.
3. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
(a) To search the dead man's luggage.
(b) To meet Catherine Perry.
(c) To visit his brother-in-law.
(d) To visit his aunt.
4. What is Dalman, MacArthur, White and Herzog?
(a) A construction firm.
(b) A conglomerate.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A survey firm.
5. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Catherine Perry's sister.
(b) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(c) Chee's girlfriend.
(d) Janet Pete's assistant.
6. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
(a) A lawyer with the State Department.
(b) A lawyer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) A Smithsonian lawyer.
(d) A Colombian lawyer.
7. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) Since the death of his wife.
(b) Since he was in the military.
(c) Since his retirement.
(d) He still exercises regularly.
8. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 years.
(d) About a year.
9. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) Legal aide.
(b) Officer manager.
(c) Researcher assistant.
(d) As a token Indian.
10. Who is John McDermott?
(a) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) Janet Pete's former lover.
(c) Janet Pete's lover.
(d) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
11. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(b) His daughter's house.
(c) His grandfather's grave.
12. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(c) Janet Pete.
13. About what does Perry believe the Chilean embassy is calling?
(a) The work that Highhawk is doing.
(b) Some bones of ancient South American aboriginals.
(c) A jeweled scepter.
(d) A jeweled mask.
14. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
(a) That she has completely recovered from her illness.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with her that he can find.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she is well enough to go home, though she will be ill for another week or two.
15. Who disagrees with Highhawk's work?
(a) No one.
(d) The Board of Directors of the Native American Protection Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Janet Pete dressed?
2. Who is Janet's firm's expert on the Southwest?
3. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
4. What does Tamana want of the Smithsonian?
5. What does Kennedy tell Leaphorn at lunch?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)