|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(a) To remain in the hospital.
(b) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
(c) To go tell her daughters the good news.
2. What does Joe Leaphorn feel has been restored?
3. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 4 years.
(b) About a year.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 6 weeks.
4. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
(a) A pistol holster.
(b) A metal brace.
(c) A ceremonial turquoise calf ring.
(d) A knife holster.
5. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Take a leave of absence to go back to school.
(c) Train the newest recruits.
(d) Change to the undercover division.
6. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) Every male over the age of puberty.
(b) No one.
(c) Just the lawyers.
(d) All the middle-aged yuppies.
7. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Henry Highhawk.
(d) Officer Chee.
8. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) A man in a new Lexus.
(c) A woman who looks to be part Native American.
(d) A man in a dented Chevy.
9. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
(a) That it is not decaying.
(b) That it shows no signs of fear.
(c) That it is laid out so neatly.
(d) That the teeth were pulled out very violently.
10. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(b) His daughter's house.
(c) His grandfather's grave.
11. Who is Janet Pete?
(a) A friend of Mary Langdon.
(b) A Nez Pez tribal police officer.
(c) An attorney who is defending Highhawk.
(d) An attorney for Chee's uncle.
12. What is Leaphorn asked to search?
(a) The missing persons report from the reservation.
(b) The desert for tracks.
(c) A canyon near the river.
(d) The tribal records.
13. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
(a) Why Highhawk wants to joint the Navajos.
(b) Why a man would die without his dentures in.
(c) Why his boss is forcing him to retire.
(d) Why Jim Chee has called him several times.
14. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(b) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(c) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
(d) What do to on his vacation.
15. What does the note in the box reveal?
(a) What the significance of the box's contents is.
(b) It is unclear as it is a picture of a Cochise doll.
(c) That Perry is under a contract by the mafia.
(d) That more teeth will be forthcoming if she does not rescind a decision of the Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
2. Who is Chee going to arrest?
3. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
4. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
5. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)