|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) Cyanide poisoning.
(b) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
(c) He is uncertain.
(d) A heart attack.
2. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(b) John Doe.
(c) Man with Bad Hands.
(d) The invisible white man.
3. What is the setting for Chapter Two?
(a) Fort Defiance, Arizona.
(b) Tombstone, Arizona.
(c) Tucson, Arizona.
(d) Cochise, Arizona.
4. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
(a) That she has completely recovered from her illness.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with her that he can find.
(c) That she is well enough to go home, though she will be ill for another week or two.
(d) That she is dying.
5. Who accompanies Chee to make the arrest?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) No one.
6. What is on Perry's desk when she arrives at her office after returning to Washington, D. C.?
(a) A large, brown package.
(b) A envelope full of photos.
(c) A cd with no identification on it.
(d) An ancient Native American artifact.
7. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
(a) By using the intercom to call the engineer.
(b) By pulling a lever.
(c) By asking the conductor to do so.
(d) It cannot be stopped.
8. What is the condition for Fleck receiving his money owed him?
(a) He has to perform one more small task.
(b) There are no problems by the end of the month concerning the job Fleck performed.
(c) He has to wait for five months.
(d) He has to meet with the boss.
9. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) No one.
(b) All the middle-aged yuppies.
(c) Just the lawyers.
(d) Every male over the age of puberty.
10. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
(a) Help investigating a death.
(b) A guide into the desert.
(c) Help in getting the Smithsonian to cooperate about their Indian remains.
(d) Consulting on some Navajo traditoins.
11. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) His boss.
(b) A small time bookie who owes him money.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Client.
12. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
(a) By buying the votes he needs.
(b) By getting approval of the monument in the Smithsonian.
(c) Through getting rid of his main opposition.
(d) By gaining return of the Twin War God fetish.
13. What may enable Highhawk to steal from the Smithsonian?
(a) His wife's position as a curator.
(b) His girlfriend's position as a conservator.
(c) His stealth abilities he gained in Vietnam.
(d) His position as conservator there.
14. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(a) Janet Pete.
15. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
(a) Get legislation passed.
(b) Block a vote on reservation lands.
(c) Have skeletal remains returned to their tribes.
(d) Match up some DNA from some Native American bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
2. To whom does Leaphorn show the photos of the dead man?
3. Who picks Jim Chee up at the airport?
4. Who is Captain Largo?
5. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)