|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Leaphorn feel has been restored?
2. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A Conservator.
(b) A state forensics lab worker.
(c) A senator.
(d) A congressman.
3. Who is John McDermott?
(a) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) Janet Pete's lover.
(d) Janet Pete's former lover.
4. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
(a) Cyanide poisoning.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A small stab wound at the base of the skull.
(d) He is uncertain.
5. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A note.
(b) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
(c) A strong smell of juniper.
(d) A strong smell of sage.
6. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
7. Who is Jim Chee?
(a) An officer withthe Navajo Tribal Police.
(b) Joe Leaphorn's nephew.
(c) The dead body.
(d) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
8. What passes Leaphorn as he stands in the dark?
(a) A bear.
(b) A deer.
(c) An Amtrak train.
(d) An 18 wheeler.
9. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
(a) The largest hospital in Tucson.
(c) A public health hospital.
(d) A small, private Hospital.
10. What does one of McDermott's clients want to do?
(a) Gain influence with the Navajo tribal counsel through Janet Pete.
(b) Create a hazardous waste dump on Tano Pueblo lands.
(c) Build a bypass on Tano Pueblo land.
(d) Build a technical university on Navajo Land for the young Native Americans.
11. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
(a) The person died of a heart attack and the wind blew the track away.
(b) Ther person was parachuted in.
(c) The person was a passenger on an Amtrak train.
(d) He is not sure.
12. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) Researcher assistant.
(b) As a token Indian.
(c) Officer manager.
(d) Legal aide.
13. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
(a) Just the lawyers.
(b) Every male over the age of puberty.
(c) All the middle-aged yuppies.
(d) No one.
14. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(b) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
(c) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(d) What do to on his vacation.
15. What may enable Highhawk to steal from the Smithsonian?
(a) His position as conservator there.
(b) His wife's position as a curator.
(c) His stealth abilities he gained in Vietnam.
(d) His girlfriend's position as a conservator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
2. Where does Leaphorn go to search Madrid-Perez's luggage?
3. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
4. Who does not want to live on the Navajo Reservation?
5. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)