|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
(a) Block a vote on reservation lands.
(b) Have skeletal remains returned to their tribes.
(c) Match up some DNA from some Native American bones.
(d) Get legislation passed.
2. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
(a) Leaphorn's contact with the railroad.
(b) Leaphorn's contact in the CIA.
(c) Leaphorn's contact in the FBI.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in the Navajo Reservation.
3. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
(a) His uncle's home to pick up the pipe.
(b) The Nez Pez reservation.
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. Who is John McDermott?
(a) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) Janet Pete's former lover.
(c) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(d) Janet Pete's lover.
5. Who does Fleck call to demand money?
(a) The Client.
(b) His brother.
(c) His boss.
(d) A small time bookie who owes him money.
6. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Chinese.
(b) He is Arab.
(c) He is Hispanic.
(d) He is Russian.
7. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) The dead man found in the desert.
(b) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
(c) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
8. What sort of ceremony will Agnes' family hold?
(a) Healing ceremony to completely cure her.
(d) Thanksgiving for her healing.
9. Where does Leaphorn go to search Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(a) The FBI office.
(b) The Amtrak office.
(c) The Washington Police Department Headquarters.
(d) Madrid-Perez's home.
10. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
(a) Through getting rid of his main opposition.
(b) By gaining return of the Twin War God fetish.
(c) By buying the votes he needs.
(d) By getting approval of the monument in the Smithsonian.
11. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
(a) She has not been kicked out; she died.
(b) She needs more extensive care.
(c) For being violent.
(d) She has no money.
12. From whom does Leaphorn receive a phone call?
(a) Dr. Booker.
(b) Agnes Tsose.
(c) Catherine Perry.
(d) Jay Kennedy.
13. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
(a) Where to go for his vacation.
(b) If he wants to go out for a steak dinner that night.
(c) If his daughter has arrived for her visit yet.
(d) If he wants to follow up on a woman's flirtation when he was at the Navajo Reservation.
14. What does Tamana want of the Smithsonian?
(a) To make a public apology for the many years of stealing Native American artifacts.
(b) To pay a tribe member to consult on the next Navajo exhibit.
(c) To erect a monument to the Native Americans in their front reception area.
(d) To return a fetish to his tribe.
15. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Stops to see Cowboy.
(c) Goes back to the crime scene.
(d) Goes backk home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
2. About what does Perry believe the Chilean embassy is calling?
3. Where did Madrid-Perez have a meeting scheduled?
4. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
5. Who is Janet's firm's expert on the Southwest?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)