|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(a) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
(c) To remain in the hospital.
(d) To go tell her daughters the good news.
2. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) About a year.
3. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
(a) Match up some DNA from some Native American bones.
(b) Get legislation passed.
(c) Block a vote on reservation lands.
(d) Have skeletal remains returned to their tribes.
4. Who does Leaphorn phone?
(a) No one.
(b) An expert witness in tracks.
(c) A friend in forensics.
(d) A friend who works for the railroad.
5. Who disagrees with Highhawk's work?
(a) No one.
(b) The Board of Directors of the Native American Protection Society.
6. What is high quality but worn?
(a) An ancient Navajo woven blanket.
(b) The Navajo jewelry Leaphorn finds.
(c) A modern Navajo blanket made on factory looms.
(d) The corpse's clothing.
7. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
(a) Goes back to the crime scene.
(b) Goes backk home.
(c) Goes to a bar.
(d) Stops to see Cowboy.
8. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
(b) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(c) The dead man found in the desert.
(d) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
9. Who is John McDermott?
(a) Janet Pete's former lover.
(b) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(d) Janet Pete's lover.
10. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
(a) That there is nothing wrong with her that he can find.
(b) That she is well enough to go home, though she will be ill for another week or two.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she has completely recovered from her illness.
11. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Highhawk's good friend.
(b) Chee's brother-in-law.
(c) Chee's boss.
(d) Leaphorn's boss.
12. What does Kennedy find on the body of the death he is investigating?
(a) A strong smell of juniper.
(b) A great deal of blood stains on the clothing.
(c) A strong smell of sage.
(d) A note.
13. From whom does Leaphorn receive a phone call?
(a) Catherine Perry.
(b) Jay Kennedy.
(c) Agnes Tsose.
(d) Dr. Booker.
14. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
(a) That the teeth were pulled out very violently.
(b) That it is laid out so neatly.
(c) That it shows no signs of fear.
(d) That it is not decaying.
15. What is on Perry's desk when she arrives at her office after returning to Washington, D. C.?
(a) An ancient Native American artifact.
(b) A envelope full of photos.
(c) A cd with no identification on it.
(d) A large, brown package.
Short Answer Questions
1. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
2. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
3. Who has Janet seen repeatedly?
4. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
5. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)