|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn ask his friend?
(a) To lend him his deer rifle.
(b) To give him a schedule of all the train routes and times.
(c) To lend him his bear rifle.
(d) To check to see if a train made an unauthorized stop near where the body is found.
2. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
(a) Next to the large window in the porch.
(b) In the brush arbor.
(c) He leaves it in her bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
3. What are the dancers doing that Chee is watching?
(a) Performing a tribal wedding dance.
(b) Practicing for a tourist show.
(c) Preparing for the Night Chant Ceremony.
(d) Dancing for rain.
4. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
(a) A bomb.
(b) Some wolf pelts.
(c) Some coyote pelts.
(d) A body.
5. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
(a) Jim Chee.
(b) Mary Langdon.
(c) Janet Pete.
(d) Catherine Perry.
6. Who picks Jim Chee up at the airport?
(a) Agent Kennedy.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) He takes a taxi.
(d) He takes the train.
7. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
(a) Legal aide.
(b) Researcher assistant.
(c) Officer manager.
(d) As a token Indian.
8. Who is Eldon Tamana?
(a) A Nez Pez man.
(b) A Tano man.
(c) A Navajo man.
(d) Jim Chee's good friend.
9. Who is Bernard St. Germain?
(a) Leaphorn's contact in the FBI.
(b) Leaphorn's contact in the CIA.
(c) Leaphorn's contact with the railroad.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in the Navajo Reservation.
10. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) About a year.
(d) 4 years.
11. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(b) Man with Bad Hands.
(c) The invisible white man.
(d) John Doe.
12. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
(a) For being violent.
(b) She needs more extensive care.
(c) She has not been kicked out; she died.
(d) She has no money.
13. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
(a) Change to the undercover division.
(b) Train the newest recruits.
(c) Take a leave of absence to go back to school.
(d) Take a vacation.
14. What does Fleck think is one thing about the Client's identity?
(a) He is Chinese.
(b) He is Russian.
(c) He is Arab.
(d) He is Hispanic.
15. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
(a) Ther person was parachuted in.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) The person was a passenger on an Amtrak train.
(d) The person died of a heart attack and the wind blew the track away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be wearing a business suit at the airport?
2. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
3. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
4. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
5. Who is John McDermott?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)