|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(b) Catherine Perry's sister.
(c) Chee's girlfriend.
(d) Janet Pete's assistant.
2. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
(a) Where to go for his vacation.
(b) If he wants to go out for a steak dinner that night.
(c) If his daughter has arrived for her visit yet.
(d) If he wants to follow up on a woman's flirtation when he was at the Navajo Reservation.
3. What does the note in the box reveal?
(a) That Perry is under a contract by the mafia.
(b) It is unclear as it is a picture of a Cochise doll.
(c) That more teeth will be forthcoming if she does not rescind a decision of the Board.
(d) What the significance of the box's contents is.
4. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Goes back to the crime scene.
(c) Stops to see Cowboy.
(d) Goes backk home.
5. Who does Mrs. Bailey say has called Perry?
(b) A Senator of New Mexico.
(c) Chilean embassy.
6. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
(a) Some wolf pelts.
(b) A body.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Some coyote pelts.
7. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
(a) Block a vote on reservation lands.
(b) Match up some DNA from some Native American bones.
(c) Have skeletal remains returned to their tribes.
(d) Get legislation passed.
8. For how long has Leaphorn's wife been dead?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) About a year.
9. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) He still exercises regularly.
(b) Since he was in the military.
(c) Since his retirement.
(d) Since the death of his wife.
10. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He misses his wife.
(b) He is tracking a man.
(c) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
(d) He is tracking a deer.
11. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
(a) To search the dead man's luggage.
(b) To meet Catherine Perry.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To visit his brother-in-law.
12. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
(a) In the living room.
(b) He leaves it in her bedroom.
(c) Next to the large window in the porch.
(d) In the brush arbor.
13. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(b) His grandfather's grave.
(c) His daughter's house.
14. How does Tamana think he may be able to ensure his planned endeavor?
(a) Through getting rid of his main opposition.
(b) By gaining return of the Twin War God fetish.
(c) By getting approval of the monument in the Smithsonian.
(d) By buying the votes he needs.
15. Where did Madrid-Perez have a meeting scheduled?
(a) The Navajo tribal offices.
(b) The Nez Pez tribal offices.
(c) The Harrington Hotel.
(d) The Smithsonian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
2. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
3. What does the pathologist say about the cause of death of the body?
4. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
5. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)