|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(b) To go tell her daughters the good news.
(c) To remain in the hospital.
(d) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
2. Who is Henry Highhawk?
(a) A Conservator.
(b) A state forensics lab worker.
(c) A senator.
(d) A congressman.
3. To whom does Leaphorn show the photos of the dead man?
(a) Henry Highhawk.
(b) Catherine Perry.
(c) Agnes Tsosie.
(d) Officer Chee.
4. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
(a) He leaves it in her bedroom.
(b) In the living room.
(c) Next to the large window in the porch.
(d) In the brush arbor.
5. Who is Catherine Morris Perry?
(a) A lawyer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(b) A Colombian lawyer.
(c) A Smithsonian lawyer.
(d) A lawyer with the State Department.
6. What does Highhawk wear on his left leg?
(a) A ceremonial turquoise calf ring.
(b) A pistol holster.
(c) A knife holster.
(d) A metal brace.
7. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
(a) The Nez Pez reservation.
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) His uncle's home to pick up the pipe.
8. Upon what does Leroy Fleck reflect?
(a) His sister's abuse at the hands of her boyfriend.
(b) His mother's dying wishe.
(c) His rise in prestige.
(d) His personal problems.
9. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
(a) Why Jim Chee has called him several times.
(b) Why Highhawk wants to joint the Navajos.
(c) Why his boss is forcing him to retire.
(d) Why a man would die without his dentures in.
10. Who has been stalked by a mysterious person?
(a) Janet Pete.
(b) Catherine Perry.
(c) Mary Langdon.
(d) Jim Chee.
11. Who does Perry upbraid about the package?
(a) The delivery boy.
(c) No one.
(d) Markie Bailey.
12. About what does Perry believe the Chilean embassy is calling?
(a) A jeweled scepter.
(b) The work that Highhawk is doing.
(c) Some bones of ancient South American aboriginals.
(d) A jeweled mask.
13. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
(a) By pulling a lever.
(b) By asking the conductor to do so.
(c) By using the intercom to call the engineer.
(d) It cannot be stopped.
14. At what hospital is Agnes Tsosie?
(a) The largest hospital in Tucson.
(b) A public health hospital.
(c) A small, private Hospital.
15. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. What function does Janet Pete serve at her firm?
2. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
3. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
4. What passes Leaphorn as he stands in the dark?
5. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)