Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Largo?
(a) Leaphorn's boss.
(b) Chee's brother-in-law.
(c) Highhawk's good friend.
(d) Chee's boss.
2. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
(a) That it is laid out so neatly.
(b) That it is not decaying.
(c) That the teeth were pulled out very violently.
(d) That it shows no signs of fear.
3. Why was an Amtrak train stopped for 38 minutes on the night of the murder that Leaphorn is investigating?
(a) Mechanical failure.
(b) A dead horse on the tracks.
(c) A dead cow on the tracks.
(d) It was not stopped.
4. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(b) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(c) What do to on his vacation.
(d) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
5. How long has it been since Leaphorn performed regular exercise?
(a) He still exercises regularly.
(b) Since he was in the military.
(c) Since his retirement.
(d) Since the death of his wife.
6. What is Dalman, MacArthur, White and Herzog?
(a) A construction firm.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A conglomerate.
(d) A survey firm.
7. What does Leaphorn find when he goes out on the job for Kennedy?
(a) A number of tribal records are missing.
(b) A body of a white man wearing a dark suit.
(c) That the river is unusually high.
(d) That there has been three missing persons reported in the last 2 weeks.
8. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
(a) Get legislation passed.
(b) Block a vote on reservation lands.
(c) Match up some DNA from some Native American bones.
(d) Have skeletal remains returned to their tribes.
9. How does Leaphorn figure the corpse got to its resting place with no tracks around it?
(a) The person was a passenger on an Amtrak train.
(b) The person died of a heart attack and the wind blew the track away.
(c) Ther person was parachuted in.
(d) He is not sure.
10. How can an Amtrak train be stopped by a passenger in an emergency?
(a) By pulling a lever.
(b) By asking the conductor to do so.
(c) It cannot be stopped.
(d) By using the intercom to call the engineer.
11. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(a) To remain in the hospital.
(b) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
(c) To go tell her daughters the good news.
12. Who wants to become a member of the Navajo tribe?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Henry Highhawk.
(c) Officer Chee.
(d) Joe Leaphorn.
13. Why does Leaphorn decide to go to Washington, D. C.?
(a) To search the dead man's luggage.
(b) To meet Catherine Perry.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To visit his brother-in-law.
14. What does Joe Leaphorn feel has been restored?
15. Who is Jim Chee?
(a) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
(b) The dead body.
(c) Joe Leaphorn's nephew.
(d) An officer withthe Navajo Tribal Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caller want of Leaphorn?
2. What does Janet Pete tell Chee?
3. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
4. What is Leaphorn asked to search?
5. Over what does Leaphorn puzzle?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)