|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is on a piece of paper in Madrid-Perez's luggage?
(b) Janet Pete.
2. Who picks Jim Chee up at the airport?
(a) He takes a taxi.
(b) Janet Pete.
(c) Agent Kennedy.
(d) He takes the train.
3. How did the Smithsonian obtain the item which the Chilean general is trying to recover?
(a) No one is certain.
(b) A Spanish general in the late 1800s sold it to a major corporation.
(c) The general's grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
(d) The general's great-great grandfather loaned it to a major corporation.
4. Where does Anges Tsosie's son-in-law place her bed?
(a) He leaves it in her bedroom.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the brush arbor.
(d) Next to the large window in the porch.
5. What does the doctor think Agnes Tsosie is going to need?
(a) Pain medication.
(b) Three more rounds of chemo.
(c) A lot of rest until she is fully recovered.
(d) A new brace.
6. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) The invisible white man.
(b) Man with Bad Hands.
(c) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(d) John Doe.
7. Who is Mary Langdon?
(a) Joe Leaphorn's sister-in-law.
(b) Janet Pete's assistant.
(c) Chee's girlfriend.
(d) Catherine Perry's sister.
8. Who is John McDermott?
(a) A sociology professor at Georgetown University.
(b) An anthropology professor at Georgetown University.
(c) Janet Pete's former lover.
(d) Janet Pete's lover.
9. Where does Leaphorn go after his trek out to the crime scene?
(a) His grandfather's grave.
(b) His daughter's house.
10. Who is Chee going to arrest?
(a) Joe Leaphorn.
(b) Henry Highhawk.
(c) Agnes Tsosie's son-in-law.
(d) Agnes Tsosie's grandson.
11. What is Leaphorn asked to search?
(a) The tribal records.
(b) The desert for tracks.
(c) A canyon near the river.
(d) The missing persons report from the reservation.
12. What shocks Perry when she opens the package on her desk?
(a) The box is full of teeth.
(b) A rare Native American artifact that has been missing for many years is in the box.
(c) There is just dirt in the box.
(d) Her grandparents' bones are in the box.
13. About what does Perry believe the Chilean embassy is calling?
(a) A jeweled scepter.
(b) A jeweled mask.
(c) Some bones of ancient South American aboriginals.
(d) The work that Highhawk is doing.
14. What is Dalman, MacArthur, White and Herzog?
(a) A survey firm.
(b) A construction firm.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A conglomerate.
15. What does Leaphorn's contact in Amtrak tell him?
(a) That wild mustangs are frequently grazing near the tracks.
(b) That dead cows are frequently found on the tracks.
(c) How to trace the dead man's luggage.
(d) That a passenger could not have forced an emergency stop without consulting an employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
2. From whom does Leaphorn receive a phone call?
3. What is Leaphorn mulling over in a more pleasurable vein?
4. What may enable Highhawk to steal from the Smithsonian?
5. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)