|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn's contact in Amtrak tell him?
(a) That wild mustangs are frequently grazing near the tracks.
(b) That a passenger could not have forced an emergency stop without consulting an employee.
(c) That dead cows are frequently found on the tracks.
(d) How to trace the dead man's luggage.
2. Where does Jim Chee decide to visit?
(a) His uncle's home to pick up the pipe.
(c) The Nez Pez reservation.
(d) Washington, D. C.
3. What does Chee call a white man at the ceremony?
(a) The invisible white man.
(b) John Doe.
(c) Hawk that doesn't fly.
(d) Man with Bad Hands.
4. What is odd about the dead body with which Leaphorn is concerned?
(a) That it is not decaying.
(b) That it shows no signs of fear.
(c) That it is laid out so neatly.
(d) That the teeth were pulled out very violently.
5. What does Chee ponder after reading the letter he receives?
(a) Why Catherine Perry wants to meet with him.
(b) Why his girlfriend charges an expensive necklace on his card.
(c) What do to on his vacation.
(d) What his uncle may have left him in his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Fleck done to earn 10,000 dollars?
2. What is Chee scheduled to do beginning Tuesday?
3. What does Leaphorn ask his friend?
4. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
5. Who is Chee going to arrest?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)