|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hilario Madreid-Pena?
(a) Chee's contact in Washington, D. C.
(b) An investigator sent from Mexico to help in Leaphorn's investigation.
(c) The dead man found in the desert.
(d) Leaphorn's contact in Washington, D. C.
2. What has Highhawk been attempting to do?
(a) Match up some DNA from some Native American bones.
(b) Have skeletal remains returned to their tribes.
(c) Block a vote on reservation lands.
(d) Get legislation passed.
3. Why does Leaphorn go out into the snow?
(a) He is tracking a deer.
(b) He is tracking a man.
(c) He is hoping to find a sign that his wife can hear him.
(d) He misses his wife.
4. What is Angnes Tsosie told by a doctor?
(a) That she is dying.
(b) That she has completely recovered from her illness.
(c) That she is well enough to go home, though she will be ill for another week or two.
(d) That there is nothing wrong with her that he can find.
5. What does the doctor suggest to Anges Tsosie?
(b) To go tell her daughters the good news.
(c) To do something relaxing such as taking a cruise.
(d) To remain in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jim Chee?
2. Why is Fleck's mother being kicked out of the nursing home?
3. What does Leaphorn do at dusk?
4. What is found near some train tracks in the desert?
5. Who is Captain Largo?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)