Chapters 1 and 2
• Chapter 1: Catherine Morris Perry returns to Washington, DC to find a large, ungainly brown package on her desk.
• Conservator Henry Highhawk has been trying to get the museum to return skeletal remains of their ancestors to Native American tribes and aboriginal groups.
• Perry believes the return of the relics is impossible, given the museum mission.
• A Chilean general wants the Smithsonian to return a jeweled golden mask his grandfather "lent" a major corporation.
• Ms. Perry is shocked to open the box on her desk to find a note and the remains of her grandparents.
• Chapter 2: In Fort Defiance, Arizona, a doctor tells Agnes Tsosie that she is dying and he can do nothing to help her and says she needs to stay at the hospital for pain management, but she refuses.
• Her son-in-law Rollie lovingly arranges Agnes' bed outside in the brush arbor, where she...
This section contains 2,677 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)