Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What request does Lucie present to the four men holding her husband?
Essay Topic 1
1) Summarize the events leading up to the French Revolution and compare these to the depictions that Dickens gives in the novel.
2) How realistic are Dickens' descriptions of the revolution, the patriots, and the aristocrats?
3) Are the punishments and executions accurately portrayed by Dickens?
Essay Topic 2
1) What is the message Dickens is trying to convey about life in France and England in the late 1700s?
2) Does he depict a realistic and relevant view of human nature through the actions of the character during the French Revolution?
3) Are the human qualities of each character true to life? Explain.
4) How do the characters convey the everyday struggles of life?
Essay Topic 3
1) Evaluate the relationship between Madame Defarge and Monsieur Defarge.
2) How are they a good match?
3) How do they interact with one another? What are the qualities of their marriage?
4) Cite examples from the story proving their acceptance of one another and their role in the revolution?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)