|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
2. What is the outcome of the struggle between Madame Defarge and Miss Pross?
3. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
4. What is the family name that is detested by Saint Antoine?
5. What becomes of the first fifteen prisoners to go in front of the Tribunal before Charles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Mr. Lorry and Jerry Cruncher.
2) Summarize the impact each character has on one another.
3) How is each character realistic in his view toward life, considering the time period in which the story takes place?
4) How do their roles as businessmen differ? Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the resolution of the story as it relates to each of the characters in the novel.
2) Explain the metamorphosis each character experiences in the final chapter.
Essay Topic 3
1) Summarize the events leading up to the French Revolution and compare these to the depictions that Dickens gives in the novel.
2) How realistic are Dickens' descriptions of the revolution, the patriots, and the aristocrats?
3) Are the punishments and executions accurately portrayed by Dickens?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)