Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What request does Lucie present to the four men holding her husband?
1) What is the message Dickens is trying to convey about life in France and England in the late 1700s?
2) Does he depict a realistic and relevant view of human nature through the actions of the character during the French Revolution?
3) Are the human qualities of each character true to life? Explain.
4) How do the characters convey the everyday struggles of life?
1) Evaluate the elements of cause-and-effect in this story using examples from the novel.
2) Choose three events from the story which cause Carton's life to undergo a change.
3) How does he react to the events and their effects?
4) How does he grow emotionally in his own life and in his attitude toward the people in his life because of these changes?
1) Compare the characters of Lucie and Sydney Carton.
2) Which character gives more to their relationship? Explain.
3) How do their views differ on life, marriage, and children?
4) Which character is more realistic in his or her view of life? Explain.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)