|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
2. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
3. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
4. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
5. What does Mr. Lorry tell Lucie before he leaves her lodging?
Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss how Mr. Lorry grows as a character from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How do his attitudes change toward Tellson's Bank?
3) How does his attitude about his lifestyle change?
4) What are the differences in his attitude toward the meaning of life differ from the beginning to the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between Madame Defarge and Monsieur Defarge.
2) How are they a good match?
3) How do they interact with one another? What are the qualities of their marriage?
4) Cite examples from the story proving their acceptance of one another and their role in the revolution?
Essay Topic 3
1) Lucie is one of the main constants throughout the novel. She is mentioned in all three parts of the story and everyone's life seems to revolve around her. Explain how Lucie and the characters intertwine as the book progresses.
2) What relationship does Lucie have with Doctor Manette, Miss Pross, Charles Darnay, Mr. Lorry, Mr. Stryver, the Defarges, and Sydney Carton.
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)