Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What request does Lucie present to the four men holding her husband?
Essay Topic 1
1) Summarize the elements of the tragic hero.
2) Which of these elements does Sydney Carton depict?
3) Explain his role as a hero in the novel and what role his final actions play in the story.
Essay Topic 2
1) What is the significance of the woman at the foot of the scaffold, watching Sydney face La Guillotine?
2) How does she envision the thoughts that Sydney is thinking?
3) As written by this woman, what future does Sydney envision for Lucie and her family?
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze the image of La Guillotine. What does La Guillotine symbolize?
2) What images does Dickens use to describe La Guillotine as it is being used?
3) How do these images have different meaning for different people?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)