Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What request does Lucie present to the four men holding her husband?
Essay Topic 1
1) Summarize the events leading up to the French Revolution and compare these to the depictions that Dickens gives in the novel.
2) How realistic are Dickens' descriptions of the revolution, the patriots, and the aristocrats?
3) Are the punishments and executions accurately portrayed by Dickens?
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Mr. Lorry and Jerry Cruncher.
2) Summarize the impact each character has on one another.
3) How is each character realistic in his view toward life, considering the time period in which the story takes place?
4) How do their roles as businessmen differ? Cite examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze Doctor Manette's personality and emotional changes throughout the novel.
2) What fears and emotions does he experience as he grows in the three parts of the novel?
3) How do his attitudes change as he develops from a prisoner into a family man?
4) Cite examples of the character changes the doctor goes through from each of the three parts of the novel.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)