|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is bothering Lorry about providing shelter for Lucie at Tellson's Bank?
(a) Lorry will lose his job.
(b) It puts the bank in peril.
(c) Lucie can be easily found.
(d) Lucie is uncomfortable.
2. What is the first thing Charles does when he is put in his cell?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He writes a letter to Mr. Lorry.
(c) He paces the floor, counting the cell's measurement.
(d) He writes a letter to his wife.
3. What advice does Carton give to Mr. Lorry about Charles' fate?
(a) Help Lucie to grieve
(b) Help Lucie to accept the circumstances
(c) Grieve now and never again
(d) Don't grieve
4. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
(a) Lucie sees the dance as something once innocent, turned cruel and ugly.
(b) Lucie sees the dance as way for the people to forget their suffering.
(c) Lucie sees the dance a good omen.
(d) Lucie sees the dance as frivolous and a waste of time.
5. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
(a) The Vengeance
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) His sister, Miss Pross
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
2. Where does Sydney Carton stop on the morning after Charles' trial?
3. What does Carton tell Mr. Lorry about taking Lucie, her father, and her daughter out of Paris?
4. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
5. What does Charles realize about the future peace of his family as he awaits execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the evidence that the Tribunal has against Charles?
2. How does Doctor Manette manage to communicate messages between Charles and Lucie?
3. Explain why Sydney Carton decides to walk around the city, making his presence known.
4. Summarize the contents of the note Charles sends to Lucie.
5. Summarize the thoughts of the people on the night after Carton's execution.
6. Describe the reaction of the crowd in the courtyard have toward Doctor Manette when he reveals who he is.
7. Describe how La Guillotine is used as a symbol of the patriots.
8. How does Carton help the seamstress who is being executed before him?
9. Describe who makes up the Tribunal of Charles' trial.
10. An escort is forced upon Charles when he enters France. Where does this escort bring him?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)