Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Mr. Carton is missing.
(b) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(c) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
(d) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
(a) A silver topped cane
(b) Two packets from the chemist
(c) A new pipe
(d) A silk top hat
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
(a) Show mercy.
(b) Set him free.
(c) Let him rot in prison.
(d) Take off his head.
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Lucie and her father
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
5. What request does Lucie present to the four men holding her husband?
(a) She requests that Charles be able to hold his daughter again.
(b) She requests that they allow her to send Charles a note.
(c) She requests that she be able to embrace Charles one more time.
(d) She requests that she can pray with Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
2. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
3. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
4. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
5. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)