|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Lucie recall later in her life that Carton said to Lucie while she was unconscious?
(a) Be happy
(b) Take care
(c) A life you love
(d) I will never forget you
2. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(b) Madame Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(c) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and the Vengeance
(d) Jerry, Monsieur Defarge, and the Vengeance
3. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
(b) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
(c) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
(d) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
4. What does Madame Defarge reveal about her past?
(a) She is the other sister of the wounded boy discussed at Darnay's trial.
(b) She is the sister of Doctor Manette.
(c) She has an English stepsister.
(d) She was actually born in England.
5. Who is sitting in the front row during Darnay's trial?
(a) Lucie and Miss Pross
(b) Doctor Manette and Lucie
(c) Doctor Manette and Mr. Lorry
(d) Monsieur Defarge and Madame Defarge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
2. What is Doctor Manette's condition when he returns home from trying to find leniency for Charles?
3. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
4. What is Mr. Lorry's plan for the safe departure of Lucie, her daughter, her father, her husband, Miss Pross, and Jerry Cruncher?
5. What is the matter in which Madame Defarge cannot trust her husband?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)