|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(b) They are preparing for an invasion.
(c) They are slaughtering cattle.
(d) They are killing the prisoners.
2. Who does Doctor Manette go to see after delivering his news to Lucie?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) The Vengeance
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Monsieur Defarge
3. What does Mr. Lorry tell Lucie before he leaves her lodging?
(a) He tells her all is lost.
(b) He tells her that she will have to find a new hiding place.
(c) He tells her to have courage.
(d) He tells her to go back to England immediately.
4. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is saddened.
5. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
(a) My Sharp Razor
(b) My Dear Livelihood
(c) My Little Guillotine
(d) My Little Shaver
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
2. What does Little Lucie recall later in her life that Carton said to Lucie while she was unconscious?
3. What advice does Carton give to Mr. Lorry about Charles' fate?
4. Where does Sydney Carton stop on the morning after Charles' trial?
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)