|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sydney's intention now that Charles is out of the prison?
(a) He will declare his true identity at La Guillotine.
(b) He will wait for Charles to reach safety, then escape.
(c) He will be executed in Charles' place.
(d) He will escape through the trap door.
2. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
(a) The spy, Roger Cly
(b) Stryver of Old Bailey
(c) The spy, Barsard
(d) Mr. Attorney General
3. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
(a) Mr. Lorry is not surprised.
(b) Mr. Lorry is shocked and disgusted.
(c) Mr. Lorry sympathizes with Jerry.
(d) Mr. Lorry understands Jerry's circumstances.
4. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
(a) Lucie sees the dance as way for the people to forget their suffering.
(b) Lucie sees the dance as something once innocent, turned cruel and ugly.
(c) Lucie sees the dance a good omen.
(d) Lucie sees the dance as frivolous and a waste of time.
5. How many people are condemned to die on the same day as Charles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
2. What does Barsard tell a man who is ridiculing Evremonde as he rides in the death cart?
3. What is Madame Defarge plotting?
4. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
5. What is the outcome of the struggle between Madame Defarge and Miss Pross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Little Lucie remembers about Sydney Carton years later.
2. Describe the reaction of the crowd in the courtyard have toward Doctor Manette when he reveals who he is.
3. Describe the one thing that Monsieur Defarge does not agree with about his wife's thinking.
4. Explain why Mr. Lorry is horrified to look out the window of Tellson's Bank.
5. Describe the Carmagnole.
6. How does Doctor Manette manage to communicate messages between Charles and Lucie?
7. An escort is forced upon Charles when he enters France. Where does this escort bring him?
8. Explain why Sydney Carton decides to walk around the city, making his presence known.
9. How does Carton manage to convince Solomon to help him see Charles in prison?
10. What is the verdict for Charles in this second trial?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)