|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman waiting to be executed ask to do when she sees Carton's face?
(a) Write the prophecies she sees in his eyes
(b) Write about the pain in his face
(c) Write about the blank stare in his eyes
(d) Write of the fear she sees in his face
2. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(b) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(c) He finds a new career.
(d) He moves away from Paris.
3. What is Lucie's reaction when she is finally pulled away from Charles?
(a) She scratches at her eyes.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams.
(d) She pulls her hair hysterically.
4. What does Madame Defarge carry inside her coat as she walks through the streets of Paris?
(a) A flag of the Republic
(b) A pistol and a dagger
(c) Her knitting
(d) A vile of poison
5. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
(a) Tarring and feathering
(b) Sacrifices and self-immolations
(c) Public flogging
(d) Public hanging
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
2. What is the matter in which Madame Defarge cannot trust her husband?
3. Where does Sydney Carton stop on the morning after Charles' trial?
4. What does Little Lucie recall later in her life that Carton said to Lucie while she was unconscious?
5. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)