|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Defarge reveal about her past?
(a) She has an English stepsister.
(b) She is the other sister of the wounded boy discussed at Darnay's trial.
(c) She is the sister of Doctor Manette.
(d) She was actually born in England.
2. How many death carts head toward La Guillotine?
3. Who is sitting in the front row during Darnay's trial?
(a) Lucie and Miss Pross
(b) Doctor Manette and Mr. Lorry
(c) Monsieur Defarge and Madame Defarge
(d) Doctor Manette and Lucie
4. What does Madame Defarge carry inside her coat as she walks through the streets of Paris?
(a) A flag of the Republic
(b) A vile of poison
(c) A pistol and a dagger
(d) Her knitting
5. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
(a) Her husband escaped that morning.
(b) Her husband is deathly ill.
(c) Her husband was murdered during the night.
(d) Her husband goes before the Tribunal the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. Lorry and Carton find falling out of the doctor's pocket?
2. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
3. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
4. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
5. What is the outcome of the struggle between Madame Defarge and Miss Pross?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)