|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charles forget about as he writes letters to family and friends?
(b) Sydney Carton
(c) Mr. Lorry
(d) Doctor Manette
2. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is saddened.
3. Who does Mr. Lorry leave with Lucie, her child, and Miss Pross at their new lodgings?
(a) Doctor Manette
4. Who does Doctor Manette go to see after delivering his news to Lucie?
(a) The Vengeance
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Mr. Lorry
(d) Monsieur Defarge
5. What does Charles realize about the future peace of his family as he awaits execution?
(a) His family's peace depends upon a curse on his accusers.
(b) His family's peace depends upon his quiet fortitude.
(c) His family's peace depends upon his vow of vengeance.
(d) His family's peace depends upon his escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
2. What advice does Carton give to Mr. Lorry about Charles' fate?
3. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
4. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
5. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reaction of the crowd in the courtyard have toward Doctor Manette when he reveals who he is.
2. Summarize the contents of the note Charles sends to Lucie.
3. Explain why Mr. Lorry is shocked at the sight of Jerry Cruncher.
4. How does Carton help the seamstress who is being executed before him?
5. Describe the one thing that Monsieur Defarge does not agree with about his wife's thinking.
6. Summarize the thoughts of the people on the night after Carton's execution.
7. How does Lucie make herself known to Charles each day?
8. Describe what Little Lucie remembers about Sydney Carton years later.
9. What do Carton and Lorry discuss about the fate of Charles?
10. How does Doctor Manette manage to communicate messages between Charles and Lucie?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)