|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A tiny place with dingy windows
(b) A large bank with huge oak doors
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A large, austere bank
2. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He is a cannonier.
(b) He holds the flag.
(c) He gives supplies to the army.
(d) He is not involved.
4. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He denounces it.
(b) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(c) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(d) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
5. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Send someone for my bags.
(b) The end is near.
(c) Will meet you for tea
(d) Recalled to life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
2. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
3. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
4. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
5. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 23 Summarize what becomes of the Chateau Evremonde where Gabelle still resides.
2. Chapter 12 Explain Stryver's final decision about his marriage proposal to Lucie and his reaction to it.
3. Chapter 24 Summarize what is written in the letter that Charles Darnay receives from his Uncle's servant, Gabelle.
4. Chapter 22 Describe the fate of the old aristocrat, Foulon.
5. Chapter 18 Describe the great concern Miss Pross and Mr. Lorry have for Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding.
6. Chapter 7 Describe the cold heartedness of Marquis Evremonde in this chapter.
7. Chapter 14 Describe Jerry Cruncher's disreputable occupation.
8. Chapter 5 Describe the condition of the common people in France.
9. Chapter 10 What is Charles Darnay's purpose in visiting Doctor Manette?
10. Chapter 4 Summarize the news Mr. Lorry bring to Lucie and her reaction to the message.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)