|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(b) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
(c) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(d) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
2. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He lives in a cave.
(b) He stages his own death.
(c) He leaves the country.
(d) He hides in the mountains.
3. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(a) Miss Dover
(b) Mr. Tellson
(d) Mrs. Hill
4. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(b) He is senile and grumpy.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He remains weak and sickly.
5. Chapter 5
What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
2. What is the year the story is taking place?
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
4. Chapter 6 Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
5. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 1 Give a description of Tellson's Bank.
2. Chapter 11 How does Stryver describe Carton's future prospects?
3. Chapter 6 Analyze how the title of the chapter relates to Carton's musings.
4. Chapter 19 What does Mr. Lorry decide will be beneficial to Doctor Manette's mental condition?
5. Chapter 18 Describe the great concern Miss Pross and Mr. Lorry have for Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding.
6. Chapter 2 Summarize the message that Jerry delivers to Mr. Lorry.
7. Chapter 4 Summarize the news Mr. Lorry bring to Lucie and her reaction to the message.
8. Chapter 15 Explain the meaning of registering the chateau and all its descendants.
9. Chapter 6 Summarize the physical and emotional state of Doctor Manette.
10. Chapter 14 Describe Jerry Cruncher's disreputable occupation.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)