|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are life long friends.
(b) They are mysteries to each other.
(c) They are business partners.
(d) They are cousins.
2. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
(a) To find a respectable woman who owns property
(b) To find a better career
(c) To move away from the area
(d) To learn how to speak French
4. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He hides in the mountains.
(b) He stages his own death.
(c) He lives in a cave.
(d) He leaves the country.
5. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(b) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(c) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(d) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
2. Chapter 15 What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
3. Chapter 18 What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
5. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 5 Describe the metaphorical relationship between Mr. Stryver and Sydney Carton.
2. Chapter 7 Describe the cold heartedness of Marquis Evremonde in this chapter.
3. Chapter 23 Summarize what becomes of the Chateau Evremonde where Gabelle still resides.
4. Chapter 1 Describe what families living in England in 1775 do if they travel away from their homes?
5. Chapter 2 Summarize the message that Jerry delivers to Mr. Lorry.
6. Chapter 1 Give a description of Tellson's Bank.
7. Chapter 16 What does Monsieur Defarge say to his wife in a pleading voice about Lucie Manette's husband?
8. Chapter 14 Describe Jerry Cruncher's disreputable occupation.
9. Chapter 22 Describe the fate of the old aristocrat, Foulon.
10. Chapter 2 Describe the sentence of quartering, which is the punishment for treason.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)