|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a grave robber.
(c) He is a bandit.
(d) He is a sheep smuggler.
2. Chapter 19 How does Mr. Lorry begin his conversation with Doctor Manette on the tenth day after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He tells the doctor that he is going on a trip.
(b) He asks the doctor if he has heard from Lucie.
(c) He asks the doctor if he is accepting new patients.
(d) He asks the doctor's advice on what to do about a friend who had a mental shock.
3. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
(a) He thought about escape.
(b) He thought about the child he had never seen.
(c) He thought about revenge on those who imprisoned him.
(d) He thought about returning to his medical practice.
4. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for employment
(b) A request for money
(c) A request for a new home
(d) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
5. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Shoveling manure
(b) Making shoes
(c) Delivering groceries
(d) Milking cows
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of old Foulon?
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
3. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
4. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
5. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 17 How does Doctor Manette feel about Lucie's marriage?
2. Chapter 13 Summarize Carton's final comments to Lucie in this chapter.
3. Chapter 18 Describe the great concern Miss Pross and Mr. Lorry have for Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding.
4. Chapter 4 Summarize the news Mr. Lorry bring to Lucie and her reaction to the message.
5. Chapter 4 Describe the look that Doctor Manette gives to Charles Darnay as they stand together after the trial.
6. Chapter 20 Explain the request Sydney Carton makes of Charles Darnay while at the home of Doctor Manette.
7. Chapter 5 Describe the condition of the common people in France.
8. Chapter 6 Summarize the physical and emotional state of Doctor Manette.
9. Chapter 15 Explain the meaning of registering the chateau and all its descendants.
10. Chapter 7 Describe the cold heartedness of Marquis Evremonde in this chapter.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)