|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Defarge do in her usual spot in the wine shop?
(a) Gossips to customers
(b) Bottles wine
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(b) Going to a labor camp
(c) Cutting off a hand
3. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A tutor of French literature and language
(b) A soldier for the King
(c) A wine master
(d) A foreign diplomat
4. Chapter 18
What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
(a) Vibrant and happy
(b) Excited but nervous
(c) Deathly pale
(d) Nervous and fidgety
5. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His nephew, Charles
(b) His wife
(c) His children
(d) His cousin, Jerry
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
2. Chapter 22 What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
4. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
5. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 20 Explain the request Sydney Carton makes of Charles Darnay while at the home of Doctor Manette.
2. Chapter 3 Describe what Jerry is thinking as he looks upon the city during the night.
3. Chapter 24 Summarize what is written in the letter that Charles Darnay receives from his Uncle's servant, Gabelle.
4. Chapter 22 Describe the fate of the old aristocrat, Foulon.
5. Chapter 5 Describe the condition of the common people in France.
6. Chapter 5 Describe the metaphorical relationship between Mr. Stryver and Sydney Carton.
7. Chapter 2 Summarize the message that Jerry delivers to Mr. Lorry.
8. Chapter 13 Summarize Carton's final comments to Lucie in this chapter.
9. Chapter 17 How does Doctor Manette feel about Lucie's marriage?
10. Chapter 6 Summarize the physical and emotional state of Doctor Manette.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)