|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for a new home
(b) A request for money
(c) A request for employment
(d) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
2. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(a) Miss Dover
(b) Mr. Tellson
(c) Mrs. Hill
3. What does Madame Defarge do in her usual spot in the wine shop?
(a) Bottles wine
(d) Gossips to customers
4. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Will meet you for tea
(b) Recalled to life
(c) Send someone for my bags.
(d) The end is near.
5. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
(a) Helps the doctor polish the shoemaking tools
(b) Destroys them
(c) Donates them to charity
(d) Replaces them with new ones
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
2. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
3. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
4. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
5. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 15 Explain the meaning of registering the chateau and all its descendants.
2. Chapter 6 Summarize the physical and emotional state of Doctor Manette.
3. Chapter 19 What does Mr. Lorry decide will be beneficial to Doctor Manette's mental condition?
4. Chapter 4 Summarize the news Mr. Lorry bring to Lucie and her reaction to the message.
5. Chapter 2 Summarize the message that Jerry delivers to Mr. Lorry.
6. Chapter3 Explain why Charles Darnay is acquitted of his accused crime.
7. Chapter 6 Analyze how the title of the chapter relates to Carton's musings.
8. Chapter 18 Describe the great concern Miss Pross and Mr. Lorry have for Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding.
9. Chapter 24 Summarize what is written in the letter that Charles Darnay receives from his Uncle's servant, Gabelle.
10. Chapter 8 Summarize the comment Defarge makes to the grieving father who holds his dead child in his hands.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)