|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Fires are a source of worry.
(b) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(c) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(d) Burglaries take place every night.
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His wife
(b) His children
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His cousin, Jerry
3. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(b) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
(c) Carton is Stryver's ally.
(d) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
4. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Jerry Cruncher
5. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is strong and proud.
(b) He is thin but lucid.
(c) He is a broken and empty man.
(d) He is weak but happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
2. What does Doctor Manette proceed to do after his daughter's wedding?
3. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
5. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 6 Analyze how the title of the chapter relates to Carton's musings.
2. Chapter 11 How does Stryver describe Carton's future prospects?
3. Chapter 2 Describe the sentence of quartering, which is the punishment for treason.
4. Chapter 5 Describe the condition of the common people in France.
5. Chapter 3 Describe what Jerry is thinking as he looks upon the city during the night.
6. Chapter 7 Describe the cold heartedness of Marquis Evremonde in this chapter.
7. Chapter 4 Summarize the news Mr. Lorry bring to Lucie and her reaction to the message.
8. Chapter 16 What does Monsieur Defarge say to his wife in a pleading voice about Lucie Manette's husband?
9. Chapter 22 Describe the fate of the old aristocrat, Foulon.
10. Chapter 12 Explain Stryver's final decision about his marriage proposal to Lucie and his reaction to it.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)