|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) What he wants
(b) Who he is here to see
(c) How long he has wandered the earth
(d) How long he was buried
2. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(b) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(c) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(d) He denounces it.
3. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is gradually becoming well.
(b) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(c) He remains weak and sickly.
(d) He is senile and grumpy.
4. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(b) It burns to the ground.
(c) It deteriorates through the years.
(d) It becomes a convent.
5. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Carton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
2. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
3. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
4. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
5. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 16 What does Monsieur Defarge say to his wife in a pleading voice about Lucie Manette's husband?
2. Chapter 4 Summarize the news Mr. Lorry bring to Lucie and her reaction to the message.
3. Chapter 6 Analyze how the title of the chapter relates to Carton's musings.
4. Chapter3 Explain why Charles Darnay is acquitted of his accused crime.
5. Chapter 23 Summarize what becomes of the Chateau Evremonde where Gabelle still resides.
6. Chapter 22 Describe the fate of the old aristocrat, Foulon.
7. Chapter 2 Summarize the message that Jerry delivers to Mr. Lorry.
8. Chapter 5 Describe the metaphorical relationship between Mr. Stryver and Sydney Carton.
9. Chapter 14 Describe Jerry Cruncher's disreputable occupation.
10. Chapter 5 Describe the condition of the common people in France.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)