|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) One of the children dies
(b) Doctor Manette dies.
(c) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(d) Miss Pross leaves them.
2. What is the year the story is taking place?
3. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His wife
(b) His children
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His cousin, Jerry
4. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a sheep smuggler.
(b) He is a bandit.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is a grave robber.
5. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(b) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(d) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
2. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
3. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
4. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
5. Chapter 18 What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Carton and Lorry discuss about the fate of Charles?
2. Describe the Carmagnole.
3. Explain why Mr. Lorry is horrified to look out the window of Tellson's Bank.
4. Describe how La Guillotine is used as a symbol of the patriots.
5. Chapter 3 Describe what Jerry is thinking as he looks upon the city during the night.
6. Chapter 13 Summarize Carton's final comments to Lucie in this chapter.
7. Explain why Mr. Lorry is shocked at the sight of Jerry Cruncher.
8. Chapter 22 Describe the fate of the old aristocrat, Foulon.
9. Describe the evidence that the Tribunal has against Charles?
10. Describe how the patriots of France look upon Charles Darnay.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)