Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) How long he has wandered the earth
(b) How long he was buried
(c) Who he is here to see
(d) What he wants
2. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(b) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
(c) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
3. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(b) Outside of London
(c) In Paris
(d) Near Trafalgar Square
4. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are business partners.
(c) They are mysteries to each other.
(d) They are life long friends.
5. Chapter 15
What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
(a) The talk is about the Marquis refusing to buy a gravestone.
(b) The talk is about Lucie Manette's suitor.
(c) Everyone is talking about the man who was seen underneath Marquis Evremonde's carriage.
(d) The talk is about Marquis Evremonde's heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
2. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
3. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
4. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
5. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the one thing that Monsieur Defarge does not agree with about his wife's thinking.
2. Explain why Sydney Carton decides to walk around the city, making his presence known.
3. Chapter 8
Summarize the comment Defarge makes to the grieving father who holds his dead child in his hands.
4. Chapter 1
Describe what families living in England in 1775 do if they travel away from their homes?
5. Chapter 6
Analyze how the title of the chapter relates to Carton's musings.
6. Chapter 15
Explain the meaning of registering the chateau and all its descendants.
7. Chapter 4
Describe the look that Doctor Manette gives to Charles Darnay as they stand together after the trial.
8. How does Doctor Manette manage to communicate messages between Charles and Lucie?
9. Chapter 19
What does Mr. Lorry decide will be beneficial to Doctor Manette's mental condition?
10. Summarize the reaction of the crowd at the innocent verdict for Charles.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)