Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Mr. Carton is missing.
(b) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(c) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
(d) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
(a) A silver topped cane
(b) Two packets from the chemist
(c) A new pipe
(d) A silk top hat
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
(a) Show mercy.
(b) Set him free.
(c) Let him rot in prison.
(d) Take off his head.
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Lucie and her father
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
5. What request does Lucie present to the four men holding her husband?
(a) She requests that Charles be able to hold his daughter again.
(b) She requests that they allow her to send Charles a note.
(c) She requests that she be able to embrace Charles one more time.
(d) She requests that she can pray with Charles.
6. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
(a) Her husband is deathly ill.
(b) Her husband was murdered during the night.
(c) Her husband goes before the Tribunal the next day.
(d) Her husband escaped that morning.
7. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
(a) At La Guillotine
(b) The Good Republican Brutus of Antiquity
(c) Tellson's Bank
(d) The La Forge prison
8. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
(a) Carton will smuggle a weapon to Darnay.
(b) Solomon will unlock Darnay's cell.
(c) Solomon will arrange to release Darnay.
(d) Carton can gain access to Darnay.
9. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
(a) Citizens are unable to purchase food.
(b) Many citizens are leaving France.
(c) The usual harmless ways of life have changed.
(d) People do not go out of their houses.
10. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(b) He moves away from Paris.
(c) He finds a new career.
(d) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
11. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
(a) His sister, Miss Pross
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) The Vengeance
12. What is Madame Defarge plotting?
(a) The imprisonment of Doctor Manette
(b) The death of Lucie, her daughter, and her father
(c) The death of Mr. Lorry and Jerry Cruncher
(d) The death of her own husband
13. What does Madame Defarge find when she reaches her destination?
(a) The place is crowded with Republicans.
(b) The floors are covered in blood.
(c) The place is in disarray, as if someone left hastily.
(d) There are two dead bodies on the floor.
14. What is Lucie's reaction when she is finally pulled away from Charles?
(a) She scratches at her eyes.
(b) She screams.
(c) She faints.
(d) She pulls her hair hysterically.
15. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Masks of white powder
(b) Burlap bags over their faces
(c) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(d) Wild boar heads over their faces
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Carton give to Mr. Lorry about Charles' fate?
2. What is Sydney's intention now that Charles is out of the prison?
3. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
4. What is the verdict rendered to Charles Darnay?
5. What startles Lucie as she sits in her home listening to her father tell Little Lucie a story?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)