|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Ask for mercy
(b) Steal bread from the rich
(c) Eat grass
(d) Beg for food
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) Mr. Lorry
3. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is crying and moaning.
(b) He is blubbering.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is begging for mercy.
4. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
5. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Miss Pross leaves them.
(b) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(c) Doctor Manette dies.
(d) One of the children dies
6. What does Madame Defarge do in her usual spot in the wine shop?
(a) Gossips to customers
(c) Bottles wine
7. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are business partners.
(b) They are mysteries to each other.
(c) They are life long friends.
(d) They are cousins.
8. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(b) He is moving to Paris.
(c) He is joining the King's guard.
(d) He intends to marry Lucie.
9. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He lives in a cave.
(b) He stages his own death.
(c) He hides in the mountains.
(d) He leaves the country.
10. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He is very fond of him.
(c) He finds him to be intelligent.
(d) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
11. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
(b) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
(c) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
(d) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
12. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would lend them money.
(b) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(c) He would give them a job.
(d) He would teach them the ways of the world.
13. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He attacks the Marquis.
(b) He grabs the horse's reins.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He jumps into the river.
14. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(b) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(c) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
(d) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
15. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is coming for a visit.
(b) Her father is dead.
(c) Her father is alive.
(d) Her father had an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
2. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
3. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
5. Chapter 12 Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)