|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) How long he has wandered the earth
(b) How long he was buried
(c) Who he is here to see
(d) What he wants
2. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(b) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
(c) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
3. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(b) Outside of London
(c) In Paris
(d) Near Trafalgar Square
4. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are business partners.
(c) They are mysteries to each other.
(d) They are life long friends.
5. Chapter 15
What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
(a) The talk is about the Marquis refusing to buy a gravestone.
(b) The talk is about Lucie Manette's suitor.
(c) Everyone is talking about the man who was seen underneath Marquis Evremonde's carriage.
(d) The talk is about Marquis Evremonde's heir.
6. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(b) He finds him to be intelligent.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He is very fond of him.
7. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
(b) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(c) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(d) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
8. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
(a) Carton is thankful for the advice.
(b) Carton finds him offensive.
(c) Carton accepts the advice with grace.
(d) Carton seriously considers the advice.
9. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
10. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
11. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A tutor of French literature and language
(b) A wine master
(c) A foreign diplomat
(d) A soldier for the King
12. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette seems too happy.
(b) Manette seems overjoyed.
(c) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(d) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
13. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He hides in the mountains.
(b) He stages his own death.
(c) He lives in a cave.
(d) He leaves the country.
14. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(b) Mark them for death
(c) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(d) Add them as favorite customers
15. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Miss Lucie Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
2. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
4. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
5. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)