|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 17
Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
(a) She is happy that they are moving away from Soho.
(b) She is happy for the love Heaven has bestowed on her.
(c) She is happy that her father is finally well and healthy.
(d) She is happy that she is to go to Cambridge.
2. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He lives in a cave.
(b) He leaves the country.
(c) He hides in the mountains.
(d) He stages his own death.
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge's wife
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
4. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
(a) He decides to move to France.
(b) He decides to move to Wales.
(c) He decides to move to Scotland.
(d) He decides to move to Italy.
5. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(b) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He will never give up trying to get her.
6. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
(a) Her lips
(b) Her eyes
(c) Her hair
(d) The shape of her mouth
7. What is the year the story is taking place?
8. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(b) Miss Pross leaves them.
(c) Doctor Manette dies.
(d) One of the children dies
9. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Outside of London
(b) Near Trafalgar Square
(c) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(d) In Paris
10. Chapter 1
What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
(a) The kings are stout and the queens are thin.
(b) The kings are short and the queens are obese.
(c) The kings have large noses and the queens have big mouths.
(d) The kings have large jaws and the queens have plain faces
11. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(b) The world is for the wild animals.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The earth and its fullness are his.
12. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for money
(b) A request for a new home
(c) A request for employment
(d) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
13. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He remains weak and sickly.
(b) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(c) He is senile and grumpy.
(d) He is gradually becoming well.
14. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
(b) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
(c) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
(d) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
15. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Despondent and morose
(c) Grumpy and argumentative
(d) Serious and stern
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
2. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
3. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
4. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
5. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)