|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge says nothing.
(b) Defarge says that he will be glad to send Lorry a message.
(c) Defarge says that he will do nothing for Charles.
(d) Defarge says that he will deliver the message himself.
2. What advice does Carton give to Mr. Lorry about Charles' fate?
(a) Help Lucie to grieve
(b) Don't grieve
(c) Help Lucie to accept the circumstances
(d) Grieve now and never again
3. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He is not involved.
(b) He holds the flag.
(c) He gives supplies to the army.
(d) He is a cannonier.
4. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
(b) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
(c) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
(d) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
5. What does Charles realize about the future peace of his family as he awaits execution?
(a) His family's peace depends upon a curse on his accusers.
(b) His family's peace depends upon his escape.
(c) His family's peace depends upon his vow of vengeance.
(d) His family's peace depends upon his quiet fortitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
2. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
3. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
4. What does Darnay tell Doctor Manette about the evidence brought against him in court?
5. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)