|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles realize about the future peace of his family as he awaits execution?
(a) His family's peace depends upon his escape.
(b) His family's peace depends upon his quiet fortitude.
(c) His family's peace depends upon his vow of vengeance.
(d) His family's peace depends upon a curse on his accusers.
2. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Sydney Carton
(d) Charles Darnay
3. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(b) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
4. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Mr. Lorry
5. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(b) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(c) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
(d) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles forget about as he writes letters to family and friends?
2. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
3. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
4. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
5. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)