|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Jacques Defarge
(b) Doctor Manette
(d) Mr. Tellson
2. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette seems overjoyed.
(b) Manette seems too happy.
(c) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(d) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
3. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
(a) Good day to equality.
(b) Good day, citizen.
(c) Long live liberty.
(d) Sing of a new republic.
4. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Defarge's wife
5. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are business partners.
(b) They are life long friends.
(c) They are mysteries to each other.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
2. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
3. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
4. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
5. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)