|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
(a) Stryver of Old Bailey
(b) Mr. Attorney General
(c) The spy, Roger Cly
(d) The spy, Barsard
2. What does the evidence against Charles call up in the crowd at the trial?
(a) A passion for vengeance
(b) Sympathy for Charles
(c) Mercy for the prisoners
(d) Their own past offenses
3. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He will never give up trying to get her.
(b) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(c) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(d) He is inspired by his love for her.
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Barsard
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Carton
5. What words continue to repeat in Carton's mind as he wanders the streets throughout the night?
(a) I am who I am.
(b) Father forgive them.
(c) Though we walk through the shadows of death
(d) I am the resurrection and the life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
2. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
3. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
4. What does Madame Defarge find when she reaches her destination?
5. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)