|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He lives in a cave.
(b) He hides in the mountains.
(c) He leaves the country.
(d) He stages his own death.
2. Chapter 20
Who is the first person to visit the newlyweds when they return home?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Doctor Manette
3. Who does Mr. Lorry leave with Lucie, her child, and Miss Pross at their new lodgings?
(c) Doctor Manette
4. Who are the two witnesses Darnay names in his behalf?
(a) Theophile Gabelle and Alexandre Manette
(b) Mr. Lorry and Doctor Manette
(c) Miss Pross and Mr. Lorry
(d) Doctor Manette and Alexandre Manette
5. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks to be his friend.
(b) He asks for a loan.
(c) He asks for French lessons.
(d) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
2. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
3. Who denounces Charles Darnay, causing him to be arrested once again?
4. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
5. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)