|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette seems overjoyed.
(b) Manette seems too happy.
(c) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(d) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Recalled to life
(b) Send someone for my bags.
(c) The end is near.
(d) Will meet you for tea
3. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) In Paris
(b) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(c) Outside of London
(d) Near Trafalgar Square
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It is gone altogether.
(b) It continues on but with less corruption.
(c) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(d) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(b) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(c) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(d) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
2. What does Darnay tell Doctor Manette about the evidence brought against him in court?
3. What does Carton tell Mr. Lorry about taking Lucie, her father, and her daughter out of Paris?
4. What is the matter in which Madame Defarge cannot trust her husband?
5. Who does Charles forget about as he writes letters to family and friends?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)