|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
(a) The king
(b) The warden
(c) The tribunal
(d) The guards vote on it
2. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
3. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) John Barsard
4. What is Madame Defarge's destination as she walks through the streets?
(a) Tullsen's Bank
(b) La Guillotine
(c) Doctor Manette's and Lucie's lodgings
(d) The wine shop
5. What is Sydney's intention now that Charles is out of the prison?
(a) He will be executed in Charles' place.
(b) He will escape through the trap door.
(c) He will declare his true identity at La Guillotine.
(d) He will wait for Charles to reach safety, then escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles realize about the future peace of his family as he awaits execution?
2. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
3. Who does Doctor Manette go to see after delivering his news to Lucie?
4. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
5. What is the family name that is detested by Saint Antoine?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)