|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It is gone altogether.
(b) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(c) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(d) It continues on but with less corruption.
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) Defarge's wife
3. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
(a) Jerry, Monsieur Defarge, and the Vengeance
(b) Madame Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(c) Monsieur Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(d) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and the Vengeance
4. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
(a) Public flogging
(b) Sacrifices and self-immolations
(c) Public hanging
(d) Tarring and feathering
5. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Barsard
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
2. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
3. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
4. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
5. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)