|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
(a) Mr. Lorry is not surprised.
(b) Mr. Lorry is shocked and disgusted.
(c) Mr. Lorry sympathizes with Jerry.
(d) Mr. Lorry understands Jerry's circumstances.
2. What is Doctor Manette's condition when he returns home from trying to find leniency for Charles?
(a) He is jubilant with success.
(b) He remains strong for Lucie.
(c) He is resigned to Charles' fate.
(d) He has a relapse and looks for his shoemaking bench.
3. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Miss Lucie Manette
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Lucie and her father
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
5. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They have faith in the aristocracy.
(b) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
(c) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
(d) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
3. What startles Lucie as she sits in her home listening to her father tell Little Lucie a story?
4. Chapter 6 Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
5. Chapter 17 Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)