|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Send someone for my bags.
(b) The end is near.
(c) Recalled to life
(d) Will meet you for tea
2. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
(a) The doctor says that Charles has escaped.
(b) The doctor says that Charles is safe.
(c) The doctor says that Charles is ill.
(d) The doctor says that he has been captured.
3. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
(a) She stands outside the prison dressed in leper's robes.
(b) She comes to the prison disguised as a fruit vendor.
(c) She stands outside at three in the afternoon and he will be able to see her.
(d) She comes to the prison after dark so he can see her.
4. What becomes a symbol of the regeneration of the human race, superseding the Cross?
(a) A silver sword
(c) La Guillotine
(d) A golden idol of the new king
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(b) He advises against the plans.
(c) He approves of the plans.
(d) He is not interested in the plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
2. What does Madame Defarge reveal about her past?
3. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
4. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
5. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)