|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) What he wants
(b) Who he is here to see
(c) How long he was buried
(d) How long he has wandered the earth
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(b) It continues on but with less corruption.
(c) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(d) It is gone altogether.
3. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
(a) A heartless scoundrel
(b) A loving brother
(c) A sad, depressed man
(d) A loyal Englishman
4. What words continue to repeat in Carton's mind as he wanders the streets throughout the night?
(a) Father forgive them.
(b) Though we walk through the shadows of death
(c) I am who I am.
(d) I am the resurrection and the life.
5. What becomes a symbol of the regeneration of the human race, superseding the Cross?
(a) A golden idol of the new king
(b) A silver sword
(c) La Guillotine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
2. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
3. What is the question that Miss Pross has for Doctor Manette?
4. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
5. What does Doctor Manette proceed to do after his daughter's wedding?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)