|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who denounces Charles Darnay, causing him to be arrested once again?
(a) The owner of Tellson's Bank
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) The Vengeance
(d) Citizen and Citizeness Defarge
2. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
(b) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
(c) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
(d) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
3. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are dressed in uniforms.
(b) They are covered in blood.
(c) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(d) They are dressed in party wear.
4. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(b) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
5. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(b) He is inspired by his love for her.
(c) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(d) He will never give up trying to get her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
2. What does Madame Defarge carry inside her coat as she walks through the streets of Paris?
3. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
4. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
5. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)