|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is saddened.
2. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
(a) She stands outside the prison dressed in leper's robes.
(b) She stands outside at three in the afternoon and he will be able to see her.
(c) She comes to the prison disguised as a fruit vendor.
(d) She comes to the prison after dark so he can see her.
3. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is alive.
(b) Her father is dead.
(c) Her father is coming for a visit.
(d) Her father had an accident.
4. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
(a) Their dreadful manner
(b) Their lust for blood
(c) Their ignorance
(d) They seem too happy.
5. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Dover Hill
(b) Dover Rise
(c) Tellson's Hill
(d) Shooter's Hill
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
2. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
4. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)