|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) He is grateful that he is leaving Paris.
(b) He is grateful that he has not been taken prisoner.
(c) He is grateful that none of his loved ones are in Paris.
(d) He is grateful that he still has a job.
2. What do Mr. Lorry and Carton find falling out of the doctor's pocket?
(a) Papers condemning Charles
(b) Papers that allow safe passage out of France
(c) Papers denying safe passage out of France
(d) Papers condemning the doctor and Lucie
3. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Sad families
(b) Its own secret
(c) Happy families
(d) Smiling children
4. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(b) Mark them for death
(c) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(d) Add them as favorite customers
5. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(b) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(c) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(d) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
3. What does Carton instruct Charles to do when he goes to his prison cell?
4. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
5. What is the first thing Charles does when he is put in his cell?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)