|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) The messenger
(b) Miss Pross
(d) Mr. Lorry
2. Why do Lucie and Charles not hire a housekeeper?
(a) They are not rich and they fear domestic spies.
(b) They prefer to live in seclusion.
(c) Little Lucie does all the housekeeping chores.
(d) Lucie enjoys housekeeping.
3. Who denounces Charles Darnay, causing him to be arrested once again?
(a) Jerry Cruncher
(b) The Vengeance
(c) Citizen and Citizeness Defarge
(d) The owner of Tellson's Bank
4. What is bothering Lorry about providing shelter for Lucie at Tellson's Bank?
(a) It puts the bank in peril.
(b) Lucie can be easily found.
(c) Lorry will lose his job.
(d) Lucie is uncomfortable.
5. What is Lucie's reaction when she is finally pulled away from Charles?
(a) She scratches at her eyes.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams.
(d) She pulls her hair hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
2. What is Mr. Lorry's plan for the safe departure of Lucie, her daughter, her father, her husband, Miss Pross, and Jerry Cruncher?
3. What does Carton instruct Charles to do when he goes to his prison cell?
4. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
5. What is Darnay's first impression of the imprisoned men and women?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)