|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 18
What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
(a) Nervous and fidgety
(b) Excited but nervous
(c) Deathly pale
(d) Vibrant and happy
2. What is Darnay's first impression of the imprisoned men and women?
(a) They appear helpful to each other.
(b) He sees them as ghosts.
(c) He sees hope in their eyes.
(d) They appear cheerful and well fed.
3. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
(b) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
(c) They have faith in the aristocracy.
(d) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
4. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Outside of London
(b) Near Trafalgar Square
(c) In Paris
(d) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
5. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette seems overjoyed.
(b) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(c) Manette seems too happy.
(d) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
2. What is the fate of old Foulon?
3. Chapter 12 Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
4. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
5. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)