|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the verdict rendered to Charles Darnay?
(a) He is sent to La Guillotine.
(b) He is to be quartered.
(c) He is found innocent and released.
(d) He is returned to prison.
2. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
(a) Many citizens are leaving France.
(b) Citizens are unable to purchase food.
(c) The usual harmless ways of life have changed.
(d) People do not go out of their houses.
3. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
(b) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(c) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(d) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It is gone altogether.
(b) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(c) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(d) It continues on but with less corruption.
5. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(b) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and the Vengeance
(c) Jerry, Monsieur Defarge, and the Vengeance
(d) Madame Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
2. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
3. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
4. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
5. While Charles Darnay is on his way to Paris, he is awakened in the middle of the night by French patriots. What do they insist he must do to get to Paris?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)