|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A tiny place with dingy windows
(b) A large bank with huge oak doors
(c) A large, austere bank
(d) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
2. Chapter 17
Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
(a) She is happy that her father is finally well and healthy.
(b) She is happy for the love Heaven has bestowed on her.
(c) She is happy that she is to go to Cambridge.
(d) She is happy that they are moving away from Soho.
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He hides in the mountains.
(b) He lives in a cave.
(c) He stages his own death.
(d) He leaves the country.
4. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(b) Jacques Defarge
(c) Doctor Manette
5. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A warm meal
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A gravestone
(d) A job
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
2. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
3. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
4. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
5. Chapter 20 Who is the first person to visit the newlyweds when they return home?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)