|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Lorry leave with Lucie, her child, and Miss Pross at their new lodgings?
(a) Doctor Manette
2. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Carton
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Mr. Barsard
(d) Mr. Lorry
3. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) He dies of starvation.
(b) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(c) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(d) He falls into the river and drowns.
4. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are life long friends.
(c) They are business partners.
(d) They are mysteries to each other.
5. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
(a) A loving brother
(b) A sad, depressed man
(c) A loyal Englishman
(d) A heartless scoundrel
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
2. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
3. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
4. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)