|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(c) Miss Lucie Manette
(d) Miss Pross
2. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, The Vengeance, and Doctor Manette
(b) Monsieur Defarge, Solomon, and The Vengeance
(c) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and Doctor Manette
(d) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and The Vengeance
3. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
(a) To find a respectable woman who owns property
(b) To learn how to speak French
(c) To find a better career
(d) To move away from the area
4. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is something of value.
(b) It is a good way to get ahead.
(c) It is something to be proud of.
(d) It is disreputable.
5. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(b) Madame Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(c) Jerry, Monsieur Defarge, and the Vengeance
(d) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and the Vengeance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
2. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
3. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
4. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
5. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)