|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Six months
(c) Two years
(d) One year and three months
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His nephew, Charles
(b) His children
(c) His wife
(d) His cousin, Jerry
3. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) The threat of La Guillotine
(b) Returning him to England
(c) Getting Solomon drunk
(d) A hand of cards
4. What is bothering Lorry about providing shelter for Lucie at Tellson's Bank?
(a) Lucie is uncomfortable.
(b) Lucie can be easily found.
(c) Lorry will lose his job.
(d) It puts the bank in peril.
5. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Lucie and her father
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
2. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
3. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
5. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)