|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Send someone for my bags.
(b) Will meet you for tea
(c) The end is near.
(d) Recalled to life
2. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
(a) He sees Mr. Lorry as a good man and true friend.
(b) He views Mr. Lorry as a weakling and coward.
(c) He sees Mr. Lorry as a useless fool.
(d) He sees Mr. Lorry as a self-centered aristocrat.
3. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
(a) Mr. Lorry understands Jerry's circumstances.
(b) Mr. Lorry is not surprised.
(c) Mr. Lorry sympathizes with Jerry.
(d) Mr. Lorry is shocked and disgusted.
4. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
(a) A petition on the murderer's behalf
(b) Evidence against the murderer
(c) The dagger used to stab the Marquis
(d) The body of the Marquis
5. Chapter 5
What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
2. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
3. What is the first thing Charles does when he is put in his cell?
4. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
5. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)