|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doctor Manette proceed to do after his daughter's wedding?
(a) Takes a drink
(b) Sees to patients
(c) Make shoes
(d) Goes to bed
2. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is gradually becoming well.
(b) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(c) He is senile and grumpy.
(d) He remains weak and sickly.
3. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) In Paris
(b) Near Trafalgar Square
(c) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(d) Outside of London
4. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
(a) Let him rot in prison.
(b) Take off his head.
(c) Show mercy.
(d) Set him free.
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
(a) Mr. Lorry sympathizes with Jerry.
(b) Mr. Lorry is not surprised.
(c) Mr. Lorry is shocked and disgusted.
(d) Mr. Lorry understands Jerry's circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
2. What is the year the story is taking place?
3. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
4. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
5. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)