|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge's wife
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Jerry Cruncher
2. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
(a) At La Guillotine
(b) Tellson's Bank
(c) The La Forge prison
(d) The Good Republican Brutus of Antiquity
3. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(b) It continues on but with less corruption.
(c) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(d) It is gone altogether.
4. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
(a) Manette is allowed to visit because of his past imprisonment.
(b) Manette bribes the guards.
(c) Manette becomes the prison's physician.
(d) Manette sneaks past the guards after dark.
5. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
(b) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
(c) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
(d) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the verdict rendered to Charles Darnay?
2. Who are the two witnesses Darnay names in his behalf?
3. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
4. Chapter 19 How does Mr. Lorry begin his conversation with Doctor Manette on the tenth day after Lucie's wedding?
5. Chapter 15 What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)