|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Mrs. Defarge
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Lucie Manette
(d) Miss Lorry
2. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
(a) He decides to move to Wales.
(b) He decides to move to Italy.
(c) He decides to move to France.
(d) He decides to move to Scotland.
3. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(b) They are covered in blood.
(c) They are dressed in uniforms.
(d) They are dressed in party wear.
4. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
(a) She prays that he will let her get on with her own life.
(b) She prays that he will never die.
(c) She prays that she will be a good daughter.
(d) She prays that she can always be true to him.
5. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
(a) The doctor says that he has been captured.
(b) The doctor says that Charles is ill.
(c) The doctor says that Charles has escaped.
(d) The doctor says that Charles is safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting in the front row during Darnay's trial?
2. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
4. Chapter 22 What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
5. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)