|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He gives supplies to the army.
(b) He holds the flag.
(c) He is not involved.
(d) He is a cannonier.
2. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for the wild animals.
(b) The world is for all the people.
(c) The earth and its fullness are his.
(d) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
3. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a sheep smuggler.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a grave robber.
(d) He is a bandit.
4. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
(a) She is only a friend to him.
(b) He finds her annoying.
(c) He loves her completely.
(d) He views her as a sister.
5. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(c) Life in prison
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
2. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
3. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
4. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
5. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)