|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
(a) She stands outside the prison dressed in leper's robes.
(b) She comes to the prison disguised as a fruit vendor.
(c) She stands outside at three in the afternoon and he will be able to see her.
(d) She comes to the prison after dark so he can see her.
2. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Play cards
(b) Play chess
(c) Go for long walks
(d) Drink heavily
3. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and the Vengeance
(b) Madame Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(c) Monsieur Defarge, the Vengeance, and Carton
(d) Jerry, Monsieur Defarge, and the Vengeance
4. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He will never give up trying to get her.
(b) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He is stupid and foolhardy.
5. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His cousin, Jerry
(b) His wife
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
2. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
3. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
4. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
5. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)