|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A pair of shoes
(b) A gravestone
(c) A warm meal
(d) A job
2. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and Doctor Manette
(b) Monsieur Defarge, The Vengeance, and Doctor Manette
(c) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and The Vengeance
(d) Monsieur Defarge, Solomon, and The Vengeance
3. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
(a) Their dreadful manner
(b) Their ignorance
(c) Their lust for blood
(d) They seem too happy.
4. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
(b) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
(c) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
(d) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He advises against the plans.
(b) He approves of the plans.
(c) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(d) He is not interested in the plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
2. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
3. What words continue to repeat in Carton's mind as he wanders the streets throughout the night?
4. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
5. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)