|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is crying and moaning.
(b) He is blubbering.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is begging for mercy.
2. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Monsieur Lafarge
(c) Mr. Lorry
(d) Doctor Manette
3. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(b) They are preparing for an invasion.
(c) They are killing the prisoners.
(d) They are slaughtering cattle.
4. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(b) Doctor Manette
5. While Charles Darnay is on his way to Paris, he is awakened in the middle of the night by French patriots. What do they insist he must do to get to Paris?
(a) Travel alone, during the night.
(b) Travel with an escort.
(c) Travel with soldiers.
(d) Travel with a caravan of immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
2. Why does Charles Darnay feel completely lost when he returns to Paris?
3. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
4. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
5. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)