|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
(a) Evidence against the murderer
(b) The dagger used to stab the Marquis
(c) The body of the Marquis
(d) A petition on the murderer's behalf
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
(a) Two packets from the chemist
(b) A new pipe
(c) A silk top hat
(d) A silver topped cane
3. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
(a) The king
(b) The tribunal
(c) The warden
(d) The guards vote on it
4. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
(a) She prays that she will be a good daughter.
(b) She prays that he will let her get on with her own life.
(c) She prays that she can always be true to him.
(d) She prays that he will never die.
5. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Charles Darnay
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
(d) Lucie and her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
2. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
3. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
4. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
5. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)