|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who denounces Charles Darnay, causing him to be arrested once again?
(a) The Vengeance
(b) The owner of Tellson's Bank
(c) Citizen and Citizeness Defarge
(d) Jerry Cruncher
2. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
(a) She prays that he will never die.
(b) She prays that he will let her get on with her own life.
(c) She prays that she will be a good daughter.
(d) She prays that she can always be true to him.
3. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are mysteries to each other.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are business partners.
(d) They are life long friends.
4. What becomes a symbol of the regeneration of the human race, superseding the Cross?
(a) A golden idol of the new king
(c) A silver sword
(d) La Guillotine
5. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It continues on but with less corruption.
(b) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(c) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(d) It is gone altogether.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
2. What is Darnay's first impression of the imprisoned men and women?
3. Why does Charles Darnay feel completely lost when he returns to Paris?
4. What does Doctor Manette proceed to do after his daughter's wedding?
5. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)