|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
2. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He is very fond of him.
(b) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He finds him to be intelligent.
3. What does the audience yell out as Darnay's name is called?
(a) Set him free.
(b) Show mercy.
(c) Take off his head.
(d) Let him rot in prison.
4. What becomes a symbol of the regeneration of the human race, superseding the Cross?
(a) A golden idol of the new king
(b) La Guillotine
(c) A silver sword
5. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
2. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
3. What words continue to repeat in Carton's mind as he wanders the streets throughout the night?
4. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
5. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)