|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Burlap bags over their faces
(b) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(c) Wild boar heads over their faces
(d) Masks of white powder
2. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
(a) Good day, citizen.
(b) Long live liberty.
(c) Sing of a new republic.
(d) Good day to equality.
3. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) How long he was buried
(b) How long he has wandered the earth
(c) Who he is here to see
(d) What he wants
4. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(b) Manette seems too happy.
(c) Manette seems overjoyed.
(d) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
5. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(c) Life in prison
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
2. What is the verdict rendered to Charles Darnay?
3. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
4. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
5. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)