|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
(b) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
(c) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(d) Carton is Stryver's ally.
2. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He goes on a vacation with Mr. Lorry.
(b) He goes to a medical conference in London.
(c) He goes for a hike in the mountains.
(d) He goes to visit the newlyweds.
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(b) Wild boar heads over their faces
(c) Masks of white powder
(d) Burlap bags over their faces
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
(c) Lucie and her father
(d) Charles Darnay
5. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It continues on but with less corruption.
(b) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(c) It is gone altogether.
(d) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
2. Chapter 11 What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
4. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
5. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)