|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks for French lessons.
(b) He asks to be his friend.
(c) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
(d) He asks for a loan.
2. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
3. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
(a) Her eyes
(b) The shape of her mouth
(c) Her lips
(d) Her hair
4. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Jacques Defarge
(b) Mr. Tellson
(c) Doctor Manette
5. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette seems overjoyed.
(b) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
(c) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(d) Manette seems too happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Charles Darnay is on his way to Paris, he is awakened in the middle of the night by French patriots. What do they insist he must do to get to Paris?
2. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
3. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
4. Chapter 11 What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)