|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles Darnay feel completely lost when he returns to Paris?
(a) The streets have all been reworked and changed.
(b) . Charles has forgotten a lot of the French language.
(c) Charles doesn't know any of the people living in Paris now.
(d) Everything about France is suddenly completely changed and unfair.
2. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks to be his friend.
(b) He asks for French lessons.
(c) He asks for a loan.
(d) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
3. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Six months
(c) Two years
(d) One year and three months
4. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He goes on a vacation with Mr. Lorry.
(b) He goes for a hike in the mountains.
(c) He goes to a medical conference in London.
(d) He goes to visit the newlyweds.
5. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
(b) The Vengeance
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) His sister, Miss Pross
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Lucie and Charles not hire a housekeeper?
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
3. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
4. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
5. What becomes of the first fifteen prisoners to go in front of the Tribunal before Charles?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)