|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
(a) The doctor says that Charles has escaped.
(b) The doctor says that Charles is safe.
(c) The doctor says that he has been captured.
(d) The doctor says that Charles is ill.
2. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(b) He finds a new career.
(c) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(d) He moves away from Paris.
3. What does Mr. Lorry tell Lucie before he leaves her lodging?
(a) He tells her that she will have to find a new hiding place.
(b) He tells her to go back to England immediately.
(c) He tells her to have courage.
(d) He tells her all is lost.
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Barsard
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Mr. Lorry
5. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
(a) A loyal Englishman
(b) A loving brother
(c) A heartless scoundrel
(d) A sad, depressed man
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
2. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
3. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
4. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
5. Chapter 19 How does Mr. Lorry begin his conversation with Doctor Manette on the tenth day after Lucie's wedding?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)