|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He stages his own death.
(b) He hides in the mountains.
(c) He lives in a cave.
(d) He leaves the country.
2. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
(a) Lucie sees the dance as way for the people to forget their suffering.
(b) Lucie sees the dance a good omen.
(c) Lucie sees the dance as something once innocent, turned cruel and ugly.
(d) Lucie sees the dance as frivolous and a waste of time.
3. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
(b) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
(c) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
(d) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
4. What is the verdict rendered to Charles Darnay?
(a) He is returned to prison.
(b) He is sent to La Guillotine.
(c) He is to be quartered.
(d) He is found innocent and released.
5. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
(a) Her husband goes before the Tribunal the next day.
(b) Her husband was murdered during the night.
(c) Her husband is deathly ill.
(d) Her husband escaped that morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
2. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
3. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
4. What is the fate of old Foulon?
5. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)