|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
(a) One year and three months
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two years
(d) Six months
2. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(b) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
(d) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
3. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He is stupid and foolhardy.
4. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
(a) Her eyes
(b) Her hair
(c) Her lips
(d) The shape of her mouth
5. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
(a) He views Mr. Lorry as a weakling and coward.
(b) He sees Mr. Lorry as a useless fool.
(c) He sees Mr. Lorry as a self-centered aristocrat.
(d) He sees Mr. Lorry as a good man and true friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
2. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
4. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
5. Who does Doctor Manette go to see after delivering his news to Lucie?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)