|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) He moves away from Paris.
(b) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(c) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(d) He finds a new career.
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(b) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
3. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
(a) A silver topped cane
(b) Two packets from the chemist
(c) A silk top hat
(d) A new pipe
4. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is calm and attentive.
(b) He is crying and moaning.
(c) He is blubbering.
(d) He is begging for mercy.
5. Who denounces Charles Darnay, causing him to be arrested once again?
(a) The owner of Tellson's Bank
(b) Citizen and Citizeness Defarge
(c) The Vengeance
(d) Jerry Cruncher
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
2. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
3. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
4. Who are the two witnesses Darnay names in his behalf?
5. What startles Lucie as she sits in her home listening to her father tell Little Lucie a story?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)