|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(b) Mr. Carton is missing.
(c) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
(d) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
2. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She turns and runs away.
(b) She cheers.
(c) She cuts off his head.
(d) She screams at the sight.
3. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is something to be proud of.
(b) It is a good way to get ahead.
(c) It is disreputable.
(d) It is something of value.
4. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(c) Jacques Defarge
(d) Doctor Manette
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is blubbering.
(b) He is crying and moaning.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is begging for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
2. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
3. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
4. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
5. What is the fate of old Foulon?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)