|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Charles does when he is put in his cell?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He writes a letter to Mr. Lorry.
(c) He writes a letter to his wife.
(d) He paces the floor, counting the cell's measurement.
2. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
(a) She stands outside at three in the afternoon and he will be able to see her.
(b) She comes to the prison disguised as a fruit vendor.
(c) She comes to the prison after dark so he can see her.
(d) She stands outside the prison dressed in leper's robes.
3. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Miss Pross leaves them.
(b) One of the children dies
(c) Doctor Manette dies.
(d) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
4. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(b) Going to a labor camp
(d) Cutting off a hand
5. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
(a) She is only a friend to him.
(b) He views her as a sister.
(c) He loves her completely.
(d) He finds her annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 19 How does Mr. Lorry begin his conversation with Doctor Manette on the tenth day after Lucie's wedding?
2. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
3. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
4. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
5. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)