|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He denounces it.
(b) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(c) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(d) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(b) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
3. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A tutor of French literature and language
(b) A soldier for the King
(c) A wine master
(d) A foreign diplomat
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(b) The world is for the wild animals.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The earth and its fullness are his.
5. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge says that he will do nothing for Charles.
(b) Defarge says nothing.
(c) Defarge says that he will deliver the message himself.
(d) Defarge says that he will be glad to send Lorry a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
2. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
3. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
4. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
5. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)