|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Mrs. Defarge
(b) Miss Lorry
(c) Lucie Manette
(d) Miss Pross
2. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) Inability to identify him
(c) The confession of a stranger
(d) Many witnesses for his behalf
3. What does Doctor Manette proceed to do after his daughter's wedding?
(a) Takes a drink
(b) Make shoes
(c) Goes to bed
(d) Sees to patients
4. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
(a) My Dear Livelihood
(b) My Sharp Razor
(c) My Little Shaver
(d) My Little Guillotine
5. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
(a) Donates them to charity
(b) Replaces them with new ones
(c) Destroys them
(d) Helps the doctor polish the shoemaking tools
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
3. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
4. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
5. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)