|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Will meet you for tea
(b) Recalled to life
(c) The end is near.
(d) Send someone for my bags.
3. Where does Defarge take Charles Darnay when he arrives at the gates of Paris?
(a) His wine shop
(b) The Bastille
(c) A safe house
(d) Prison of La Force
4. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A job
(b) A warm meal
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A gravestone
5. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
(a) She prays that he will never die.
(b) She prays that he will let her get on with her own life.
(c) She prays that she can always be true to him.
(d) She prays that she will be a good daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
2. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
3. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
4. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
5. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)