|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Doctor Manette dies.
(b) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(c) One of the children dies
(d) Miss Pross leaves them.
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is inspired by his love for her.
(b) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(c) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(d) He will never give up trying to get her.
3. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Grumpy and argumentative
(c) Despondent and morose
(d) Serious and stern
4. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
(a) Long live liberty.
(b) Good day to equality.
(c) Sing of a new republic.
(d) Good day, citizen.
5. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(b) He dies of starvation.
(c) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(d) He falls into the river and drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 11 What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
2. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
3. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
4. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
5. Where does Defarge take Charles Darnay when he arrives at the gates of Paris?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)