|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would teach them the ways of the world.
(b) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(c) He would give them a job.
(d) He would lend them money.
2. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
3. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
(a) Their ignorance
(b) Their lust for blood
(c) Their dreadful manner
(d) They seem too happy.
4. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(b) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(d) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
5. Chapter 20
Who is the first person to visit the newlyweds when they return home?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Miss Pross
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year the story is taking place?
2. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
3. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
4. Who accompanies Mr. Lorry to go see Lucie?
5. Chapter 17 Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)