|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the note Defarge brings to Mr. Lorry from Doctor Manette?
(a) The doctor says that Charles is ill.
(b) The doctor says that Charles has escaped.
(c) The doctor says that Charles is safe.
(d) The doctor says that he has been captured.
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is calm and attentive.
(b) He is crying and moaning.
(c) He is blubbering.
(d) He is begging for mercy.
3. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Grumpy and argumentative
(c) Serious and stern
(d) Despondent and morose
4. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Charles Darnay
5. While Charles Darnay is on his way to Paris, he is awakened in the middle of the night by French patriots. What do they insist he must do to get to Paris?
(a) Travel with a caravan of immigrants.
(b) Travel with an escort.
(c) Travel with soldiers.
(d) Travel alone, during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
2. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
5. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)