|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Grumpy and argumentative
(b) Despondent and morose
(c) Serious and stern
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(a) Going to a labor camp
(c) Cutting off a hand
3. What is Defarge's response when Charles Darnay asks him to contact Mr. Lorry at Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge says that he will be glad to send Lorry a message.
(b) Defarge says that he will do nothing for Charles.
(c) Defarge says that he will deliver the message himself.
(d) Defarge says nothing.
4. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
(a) She prays that he will let her get on with her own life.
(b) She prays that he will never die.
(c) She prays that she can always be true to him.
(d) She prays that she will be a good daughter.
5. Chapter 20
Who is the first person to visit the newlyweds when they return home?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Sydney Carton
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Mr. Lorry
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
2. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
3. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
4. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
5. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)