|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He approves of the plans.
(b) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(c) He is not interested in the plans.
(d) He advises against the plans.
2. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Shoveling manure
(b) Milking cows
(c) Making shoes
(d) Delivering groceries
3. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(b) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(c) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(d) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
4. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
(a) She stands outside the prison dressed in leper's robes.
(b) She comes to the prison disguised as a fruit vendor.
(c) She stands outside at three in the afternoon and he will be able to see her.
(d) She comes to the prison after dark so he can see her.
5. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
(b) Lucie and her father
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Charles Darnay
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
2. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
3. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
5. What is the fate of old Foulon?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)