|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for all the people.
(b) The world is for the wild animals.
(c) The earth and its fullness are his.
(d) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
2. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is something to be proud of.
(b) It is something of value.
(c) It is disreputable.
(d) It is a good way to get ahead.
3. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks for a loan.
(b) He asks for French lessons.
(c) He asks to be his friend.
(d) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
4. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Making shoes
(b) Delivering groceries
(c) Shoveling manure
(d) Milking cows
5. Chapter 5
What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
2. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
3. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
4. Chapter 18 What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
5. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)