|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Charles Darnay is on his way to Paris, he is awakened in the middle of the night by French patriots. What do they insist he must do to get to Paris?
(a) Travel with a caravan of immigrants.
(b) Travel alone, during the night.
(c) Travel with soldiers.
(d) Travel with an escort.
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(b) It is gone altogether.
(c) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(d) It continues on but with less corruption.
3. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(c) He is very fond of him.
(d) He finds him to be intelligent.
4. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are preparing for an invasion.
(b) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(c) They are killing the prisoners.
(d) They are slaughtering cattle.
5. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He goes to visit the newlyweds.
(b) He goes to a medical conference in London.
(c) He goes on a vacation with Mr. Lorry.
(d) He goes for a hike in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
2. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
3. Chapter 18 What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
4. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
5. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)