|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) How long he was buried
(b) What he wants
(c) How long he has wandered the earth
(d) Who he is here to see
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge's wife
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
3. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
(a) She is only a friend to him.
(b) He finds her annoying.
(c) He loves her completely.
(d) He views her as a sister.
4. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) Mr. Carton
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) John Barsard
5. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
(a) The king is imprisoned for life.
(b) The king is exile.
(c) The king escapes to England for safety.
(d) The king is tried, doomed, and beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
2. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
3. Chapter 15 What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
4. What is Darnay's first impression of the imprisoned men and women?
5. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)