|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year the story is taking place?
2. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She turns and runs away.
(b) She cuts off his head.
(c) She screams at the sight.
(d) She cheers.
3. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(b) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
(d) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
4. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(d) Doctor Manette
5. What bothers Lorry about the Defarges?
(a) Their lust for blood
(b) Their dreadful manner
(c) They seem too happy.
(d) Their ignorance
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
2. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
3. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
5. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)