|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is thin but lucid.
(b) He is strong and proud.
(c) He is a broken and empty man.
(d) He is weak but happy.
2. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Lucie.
(b) He is moving to Paris.
(c) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(d) He is joining the King's guard.
3. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Play chess
(b) Play cards
(c) Go for long walks
(d) Drink heavily
4. What is the first thing Charles does when he is put in his cell?
(a) He writes a letter to Mr. Lorry.
(b) He paces the floor, counting the cell's measurement.
(c) He says a prayer.
(d) He writes a letter to his wife.
5. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
(a) Manette looks like he was struck with a poisoned blow.
(b) Manette is relieved that Lucie is gone.
(c) Manette seems too happy.
(d) Manette seems overjoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
3. What does Madame Defarge do in her usual spot in the wine shop?
4. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
5. Chapter 22 What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)