|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
(a) Her hair
(b) Her lips
(c) Her eyes
(d) The shape of her mouth
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(b) He is inspired by his love for her.
(c) He will never give up trying to get her.
(d) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
3. Why does Charles Darnay feel completely lost when he returns to Paris?
(a) Everything about France is suddenly completely changed and unfair.
(b) The streets have all been reworked and changed.
(c) . Charles has forgotten a lot of the French language.
(d) Charles doesn't know any of the people living in Paris now.
4. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Lucie.
(b) He is moving to Paris.
(c) He is joining the King's guard.
(d) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
5. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He grabs the horse's reins.
(b) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(c) He jumps into the river.
(d) He attacks the Marquis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
2. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
3. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
4. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
5. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)