|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He is a cannonier.
(b) He holds the flag.
(c) He gives supplies to the army.
(d) He is not involved.
2. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Six months
(c) One year and three months
(d) Two years
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It is gone altogether.
(b) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(c) It continues on but with less corruption.
(d) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
5. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) How long he has wandered the earth
(b) Who he is here to see
(c) How long he was buried
(d) What he wants
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
2. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
3. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
4. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
5. Chapter 6 Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)