|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
(b) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(c) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(d) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
2. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Outside of London
(b) In Paris
(c) Near Trafalgar Square
(d) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
3. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Six months
(c) Two years
(d) One year and three months
4. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Miss Pross leaves them.
(b) Doctor Manette dies.
(c) One of the children dies
(d) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for the wild animals.
(b) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(c) The earth and its fullness are his.
(d) The world is for all the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
2. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
3. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
4. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
5. Chapter 22 What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)