|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
(a) Her eyes
(b) Her lips
(c) The shape of her mouth
(d) Her hair
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Burglaries take place every night.
(b) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(c) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(d) Fires are a source of worry.
3. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Milking cows
(b) Delivering groceries
(c) Shoveling manure
(d) Making shoes
4. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
5. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is dead.
(b) Her father is alive.
(c) Her father had an accident.
(d) Her father is coming for a visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
2. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
3. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
4. What is bothering Lorry about providing shelter for Lucie at Tellson's Bank?
5. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)