|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Miss Lucie Manette
(d) Mr. Tellson
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His cousin, Jerry
(b) His wife
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His children
3. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a bandit.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a grave robber.
(d) He is a sheep smuggler.
4. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
(a) He thought about returning to his medical practice.
(b) He thought about escape.
(c) He thought about revenge on those who imprisoned him.
(d) He thought about the child he had never seen.
5. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(b) Add them as favorite customers
(c) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(d) Mark them for death
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 20 Who is the first person to visit the newlyweds when they return home?
2. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
3. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
4. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
5. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)