|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Lucie and her father
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Charles Darnay
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(c) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
3. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Happy families
(b) Sad families
(c) Smiling children
(d) Its own secret
4. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Jacques Defarge
(b) Mr. Tellson
(d) Doctor Manette
5. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
(a) Good day, citizen.
(b) Long live liberty.
(c) Sing of a new republic.
(d) Good day to equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
2. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
3. Chapter 20 Who is the first person to visit the newlyweds when they return home?
4. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
5. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)