|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Mark them for death
(b) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(c) Add them as favorite customers
(d) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
3. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is senile and grumpy.
(b) He remains weak and sickly.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He is fully recovered and energetic.
4. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
(a) Her lips
(b) The shape of her mouth
(c) Her hair
(d) Her eyes
5. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Mrs. Defarge
(b) Miss Lorry
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Lucie Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
2. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
4. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
5. Chapter 15 What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)