|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Lucie.
(b) He is moving to Paris.
(c) He is joining the King's guard.
(d) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
2. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
(a) Helps the doctor polish the shoemaking tools
(b) Donates them to charity
(c) Destroys them
(d) Replaces them with new ones
3. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He is not interested in the plans.
(b) He approves of the plans.
(c) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(d) He advises against the plans.
4. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
(a) Gaspard's body was thrown in the river.
(b) Lucie is to be married to Charles Darnay.
(c) Dr. Manette's daughter is to marry Carton.
(d) Dr. Manette's daughter is to marry Stryver.
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Mr. Lorry
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
2. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
3. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
4. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
5. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)