|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks for French lessons.
(b) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
(c) He asks for a loan.
(d) He asks to be his friend.
2. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Sydney Carton
3. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
(a) He finds her annoying.
(b) He loves her completely.
(c) She is only a friend to him.
(d) He views her as a sister.
4. Chapter 15
What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
(a) The talk is about Marquis Evremonde's heir.
(b) Everyone is talking about the man who was seen underneath Marquis Evremonde's carriage.
(c) The talk is about Lucie Manette's suitor.
(d) The talk is about the Marquis refusing to buy a gravestone.
5. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are life long friends.
(b) They are mysteries to each other.
(c) They are business partners.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
2. Chapter 11 What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
3. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
4. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
5. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)