|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5
What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
2. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(b) He is not interested in the plans.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He approves of the plans.
3. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is coming for a visit.
(b) Her father is alive.
(c) Her father had an accident.
(d) Her father is dead.
4. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(b) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(c) Mark them for death
(d) Add them as favorite customers
5. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He finds him to be intelligent.
(c) He is very fond of him.
(d) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
3. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
4. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
5. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)