|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Play chess
(b) Go for long walks
(c) Drink heavily
(d) Play cards
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is inspired by his love for her.
(b) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(c) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(d) He will never give up trying to get her.
3. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
4. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
(b) He asks for a loan.
(c) He asks to be his friend.
(d) He asks for French lessons.
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(b) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(d) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
3. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
5. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)