|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(c) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
2. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
(a) Carton accepts the advice with grace.
(b) Carton is thankful for the advice.
(c) Carton seriously considers the advice.
(d) Carton finds him offensive.
3. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Near Trafalgar Square
(b) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(c) In Paris
(d) Outside of London
4. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He denounces it.
(b) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(c) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(d) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Charles Darnay
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) Doctor Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
2. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
4. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
5. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)