|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(b) Mrs. Hill
(c) Miss Dover
(d) Mr. Tellson
2. What does the newlywed's visitor ask of Charles?
(a) He asks for French lessons.
(b) He asks for a loan.
(c) He asks for a recommendation to Cambridge.
(d) He asks to be his friend.
3. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(b) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
(c) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
4. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A job
(b) A warm meal
(c) A gravestone
(d) A pair of shoes
5. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Miss Lucie Manette
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Mr. Tellson
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
4. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
5. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)