|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
2. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
(a) Replaces them with new ones
(b) Helps the doctor polish the shoemaking tools
(c) Donates them to charity
(d) Destroys them
3. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He is not interested in the plans.
(b) He approves of the plans.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He laughs in Stryver's face.
4. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large bank with huge oak doors
(b) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(c) A tiny place with dingy windows
(d) A large, austere bank
5. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(b) He would lend them money.
(c) He would teach them the ways of the world.
(d) He would give them a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
2. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
3. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
4. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)