|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(b) He intends to marry Lucie.
(c) He is moving to Paris.
(d) He is joining the King's guard.
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Recalled to life
(b) Send someone for my bags.
(c) Will meet you for tea
(d) The end is near.
3. What does Lorry do with Doctor Manette's shoemaking implements?
(a) Destroys them
(b) Replaces them with new ones
(c) Helps the doctor polish the shoemaking tools
(d) Donates them to charity
4. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Delivering groceries
(b) Making shoes
(c) Shoveling manure
(d) Milking cows
5. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He will never give up trying to get her.
(b) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(c) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(d) He is inspired by his love for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
2. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
5. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)