|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(b) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(c) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(d) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
2. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(a) Life in prison
3. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His wife
(b) His nephew, Charles
(c) His cousin, Jerry
(d) His children
4. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a bandit.
(c) He is a grave robber.
(d) He is a sheep smuggler.
5. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
(b) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
(c) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
(d) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
2. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
3. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
4. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
5. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)