|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
2. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(b) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(c) Add them as favorite customers
(d) Mark them for death
3. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He remains weak and sickly.
(b) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He is senile and grumpy.
4. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
(a) She asks that he disregard Mr. Carton's faults.
(b) She asks him to pay Carton to go away.
(c) She asks that he never speak to Mr. Carton again.
(d) She asks him to give Mr. Carton a job.
5. Chapter 17
Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
(a) She is happy that her father is finally well and healthy.
(b) She is happy for the love Heaven has bestowed on her.
(c) She is happy that they are moving away from Soho.
(d) She is happy that she is to go to Cambridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
3. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
4. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)