|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
(a) The body of the Marquis
(b) Evidence against the murderer
(c) The dagger used to stab the Marquis
(d) A petition on the murderer's behalf
2. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Dover Rise
(b) Tellson's Hill
(c) Dover Hill
(d) Shooter's Hill
3. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He goes to a medical conference in London.
(b) He goes for a hike in the mountains.
(c) He goes on a vacation with Mr. Lorry.
(d) He goes to visit the newlyweds.
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Sydney Carton
(d) Charles Darnay
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
2. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
3. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
4. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)