|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He approves of the plans.
(b) He advises against the plans.
(c) He is not interested in the plans.
(d) He laughs in Stryver's face.
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) Doctor Manette
3. Chapter 17
Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
(a) She is happy that she is to go to Cambridge.
(b) She is happy for the love Heaven has bestowed on her.
(c) She is happy that they are moving away from Soho.
(d) She is happy that her father is finally well and healthy.
4. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) What he wants
(b) Who he is here to see
(c) How long he was buried
(d) How long he has wandered the earth
5. Chapter 18
What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
(a) Deathly pale
(b) Nervous and fidgety
(c) Vibrant and happy
(d) Excited but nervous
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
2. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
3. Chapter 6 Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
4. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
5. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)