|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
(a) He thought about revenge on those who imprisoned him.
(b) He thought about escape.
(c) He thought about returning to his medical practice.
(d) He thought about the child he had never seen.
2. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Charles Darnay
3. Chapter 19 How does Mr. Lorry begin his conversation with Doctor Manette on the tenth day after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He asks the doctor if he has heard from Lucie.
(b) He asks the doctor's advice on what to do about a friend who had a mental shock.
(c) He tells the doctor that he is going on a trip.
(d) He asks the doctor if he is accepting new patients.
4. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(b) Near Trafalgar Square
(c) In Paris
(d) Outside of London
5. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A wine master
(b) A foreign diplomat
(c) A tutor of French literature and language
(d) A soldier for the King
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
2. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
3. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
4. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
5. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)