|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a bandit.
(b) He is a grave robber.
(c) He is a sheep smuggler.
(d) He is a spy.
2. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Add them as favorite customers
(b) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(c) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(d) Mark them for death
3. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
(b) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(c) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(d) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
4. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Send someone for my bags.
(c) Will meet you for tea
(d) Recalled to life
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
3. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
4. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
5. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)