|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
(a) A petition on the murderer's behalf
(b) Evidence against the murderer
(c) The body of the Marquis
(d) The dagger used to stab the Marquis
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Recalled to life
(c) Send someone for my bags.
(d) Will meet you for tea
3. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(b) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(c) Burglaries take place every night.
(d) Fires are a source of worry.
4. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(b) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
(c) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(d) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
5. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A foreign diplomat
(b) A tutor of French literature and language
(c) A wine master
(d) A soldier for the King
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
2. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
3. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
4. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
5. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)