|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Mark them for death
(b) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(c) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(d) Add them as favorite customers
2. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) John Barsard
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
4. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
(a) Gaspard's body was thrown in the river.
(b) Dr. Manette's daughter is to marry Carton.
(c) Lucie is to be married to Charles Darnay.
(d) Dr. Manette's daughter is to marry Stryver.
5. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) The confession of a stranger
(b) Inability to identify him
(c) A letter from the king
(d) Many witnesses for his behalf
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
2. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
3. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
4. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
5. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)