|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His wife
(b) His children
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His cousin, Jerry
2. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(a) Mrs. Hill
(c) Mr. Tellson
(d) Miss Dover
3. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
(b) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
(c) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(d) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
4. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(b) Miss Pross
(d) Miss Lucie Manette
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(b) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(c) Fires are a source of worry.
(d) Burglaries take place every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
2. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
3. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
4. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)