|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He will never give up trying to get her.
(b) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(c) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(d) He is inspired by his love for her.
2. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(c) Miss Lucie Manette
(d) Miss Pross
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
4. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) Charles Darnay
5. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) In Paris
(b) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
(c) Near Trafalgar Square
(d) Outside of London
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
2. What is the year the story is taking place?
3. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
4. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)