|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He advises against the plans.
(b) He is not interested in the plans.
(c) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(d) He approves of the plans.
2. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Sad families
(b) Its own secret
(c) Smiling children
(d) Happy families
3. What news does the spy relate to Defarge?
(a) Lucie is to be married to Charles Darnay.
(b) Gaspard's body was thrown in the river.
(c) Dr. Manette's daughter is to marry Stryver.
(d) Dr. Manette's daughter is to marry Carton.
4. Chapter 16
Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
(a) Roger Cly
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) John Barsard
5. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Jacques Defarge
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
2. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
3. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
4. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
5. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)