|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Send someone for my bags.
(b) Will meet you for tea
(c) The end is near.
(d) Recalled to life
3. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
(a) Carton seriously considers the advice.
(b) Carton finds him offensive.
(c) Carton is thankful for the advice.
(d) Carton accepts the advice with grace.
4. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Lucie.
(b) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(c) He is moving to Paris.
(d) He is joining the King's guard.
5. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Play chess
(b) Play cards
(c) Drink heavily
(d) Go for long walks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
2. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
3. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
4. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)