|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A foreign diplomat
(b) A wine master
(c) A tutor of French literature and language
(d) A soldier for the King
2. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Miss Lucie Manette
3. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(b) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(c) Add them as favorite customers
(d) Mark them for death
4. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is a good way to get ahead.
(b) It is something of value.
(c) It is something to be proud of.
(d) It is disreputable.
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(b) Burglaries take place every night.
(c) Fires are a source of worry.
(d) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
2. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
3. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
4. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
5. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)