|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
2. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) Many witnesses for his behalf
(c) The confession of a stranger
(d) Inability to identify him
3. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(b) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(c) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
(d) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
5. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would teach them the ways of the world.
(b) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(c) He would give them a job.
(d) He would lend them money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
2. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
3. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
4. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
5. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)