|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Mark them for death
(b) Add them as favorite customers
(c) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
(d) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
2. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He attacks the Marquis.
(b) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(c) He grabs the horse's reins.
(d) He jumps into the river.
3. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is calm and attentive.
(b) He is crying and moaning.
(c) He is blubbering.
(d) He is begging for mercy.
4. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Fires are a source of worry.
(b) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(c) Burglaries take place every night.
(d) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
5. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He is very fond of him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He finds him to be intelligent.
(d) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
2. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
3. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
4. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
5. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)