|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
(a) To move away from the area
(b) To find a better career
(c) To learn how to speak French
(d) To find a respectable woman who owns property
2. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
(b) Carton is Stryver's ally.
(c) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(d) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
3. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Miss Lorry
(b) Lucie Manette
(c) Mrs. Defarge
(d) Miss Pross
4. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He is very fond of him.
(c) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(d) He finds him to be intelligent.
5. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Shooter's Hill
(b) Tellson's Hill
(c) Dover Hill
(d) Dover Rise
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
3. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
4. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
5. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)