|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
(b) Carton is Stryver's ally.
(c) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(d) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
2. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Smiling children
(b) Its own secret
(c) Sad families
(d) Happy families
3. What does it mean when Defarge and his followers register the inhabitants of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) Add them as favorite customers
(b) Add them to the list of wine deliveries
(c) Mark them for death
(d) Invite them to the yearly wine tasting
4. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He remains weak and sickly.
(b) He is gradually becoming well.
(c) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(d) He is senile and grumpy.
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for the wild animals.
(b) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(c) The earth and its fullness are his.
(d) The world is for all the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
2. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
3. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
5. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)