|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a bandit.
(c) He is a grave robber.
(d) He is a sheep smuggler.
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is crying and moaning.
(b) He is blubbering.
(c) He is begging for mercy.
(d) He is calm and attentive.
3. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(b) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(c) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(d) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
4. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
5. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
(b) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
(c) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(d) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
2. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
3. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
4. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
5. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)