|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(b) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(c) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(d) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
2. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Tellson's Hill
(b) Dover Rise
(c) Shooter's Hill
(d) Dover Hill
3. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large, austere bank
(b) A large bank with huge oak doors
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A tiny place with dingy windows
4. Chapter 15
What is the gossip of the day at Defarge's wine shop?
(a) The talk is about Lucie Manette's suitor.
(b) Everyone is talking about the man who was seen underneath Marquis Evremonde's carriage.
(c) The talk is about the Marquis refusing to buy a gravestone.
(d) The talk is about Marquis Evremonde's heir.
5. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a sheep smuggler.
(b) He is a grave robber.
(c) He is a bandit.
(d) He is a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
2. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
4. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
5. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)