|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge's wife
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Jerry Cruncher
2. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are mysteries to each other.
(b) They are business partners.
(c) They are life long friends.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
(a) The dagger used to stab the Marquis
(b) A petition on the murderer's behalf
(c) Evidence against the murderer
(d) The body of the Marquis
4. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
(a) He laughs in Stryver's face.
(b) He is not interested in the plans.
(c) He advises against the plans.
(d) He approves of the plans.
5. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
2. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
3. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)