|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Happy families
(b) Its own secret
(c) Smiling children
(d) Sad families
2. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Shooter's Hill
(b) Tellson's Hill
(c) Dover Hill
(d) Dover Rise
3. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Burglaries take place every night.
(b) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(c) Fires are a source of worry.
(d) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His nephew, Charles
(b) His cousin, Jerry
(c) His wife
(d) His children
5. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Will meet you for tea
(c) Send someone for my bags.
(d) Recalled to life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
3. What is the year the story is taking place?
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
5. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)