|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
2. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Dover Rise
(b) Tellson's Hill
(c) Shooter's Hill
(d) Dover Hill
3. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(b) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
(c) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
(d) Carton is Stryver's ally.
4. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Go for long walks
(b) Play cards
(c) Play chess
(d) Drink heavily
5. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Sad families
(b) Its own secret
(c) Smiling children
(d) Happy families
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
3. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
4. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
5. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)