|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
(a) The kings are stout and the queens are thin.
(b) The kings are short and the queens are obese.
(c) The kings have large jaws and the queens have plain faces
(d) The kings have large noses and the queens have big mouths.
2. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Will meet you for tea
(c) Recalled to life
(d) Send someone for my bags.
4. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(b) He finds him to be intelligent.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He is very fond of him.
5. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(b) He attacks the Marquis.
(c) He grabs the horse's reins.
(d) He jumps into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
2. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
5. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)