|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) The messenger
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Miss Pross
2. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
3. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is weak but happy.
(b) He is thin but lucid.
(c) He is a broken and empty man.
(d) He is strong and proud.
4. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Mrs. Defarge
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Lucie Manette
(d) Miss Lorry
5. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His wife
(b) His cousin, Jerry
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His children
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
4. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)