|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large bank with huge oak doors
(b) A tiny place with dingy windows
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A large, austere bank
2. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Lorry
3. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He jumps into the river.
(b) He attacks the Marquis.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He grabs the horse's reins.
4. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Sydney Carton
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Charles Darnay
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
2. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
3. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
5. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)