|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Drink heavily
(b) Play cards
(c) Play chess
(d) Go for long walks
2. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(c) Miss Dover
(d) Mrs. Hill
3. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Will meet you for tea
(c) Recalled to life
(d) Send someone for my bags.
4. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He finds him to be intelligent.
(c) He is very fond of him.
(d) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
5. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He jumps into the river.
(b) He grabs the horse's reins.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He attacks the Marquis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
2. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
3. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
4. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
5. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)