|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Drink heavily
(b) Go for long walks
(c) Play cards
(d) Play chess
2. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Sydney Carton
(d) Charles Darnay
3. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(b) Life in prison
4. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's ally.
(b) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
(c) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(d) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
5. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is a broken and empty man.
(b) He is strong and proud.
(c) He is thin but lucid.
(d) He is weak but happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
3. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
4. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
5. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)