|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Making shoes
(b) Milking cows
(c) Delivering groceries
(d) Shoveling manure
2. Chapter 6
Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
(a) Outside of London
(b) Near Trafalgar Square
(c) In Paris
(d) Near Soho square on a quiet street corner
3. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Tellson's Hill
(b) Dover Rise
(c) Dover Hill
(d) Shooter's Hill
4. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A gravestone
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A warm meal
(d) A job
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Sydney Carton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
4. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
5. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)