|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Sad families
(b) Smiling children
(c) Its own secret
(d) Happy families
2. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Play chess
(b) Play cards
(c) Go for long walks
(d) Drink heavily
3. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
4. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Charles Darnay
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Sydney Carton
(d) Doctor Manette
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Fires are a source of worry.
(b) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(c) Burglaries take place every night.
(d) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
4. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
5. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)