|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is a broken and empty man.
(b) He is weak but happy.
(c) He is strong and proud.
(d) He is thin but lucid.
2. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Sad families
(b) Its own secret
(c) Smiling children
(d) Happy families
3. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Miss Pross
(c) The messenger
(d) Mr. Lorry
4. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large bank with huge oak doors
(b) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(c) A tiny place with dingy windows
(d) A large, austere bank
5. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Miss Lorry
(b) Lucie Manette
(c) Mrs. Defarge
(d) Miss Pross
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
2. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
3. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
4. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
5. What is the year the story is taking place?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)