|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(c) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
3. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Burglaries take place every night.
(b) Fires are a source of worry.
(c) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(d) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
4. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) Who he is here to see
(b) How long he has wandered the earth
(c) What he wants
(d) How long he was buried
5. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Will meet you for tea
(b) Recalled to life
(c) Send someone for my bags.
(d) The end is near.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
2. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
3. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
4. Chapter 6 Where are Doctor Manette's lodgings located?
5. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)