|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Doctor Manette
2. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) Inability to identify him
(b) The confession of a stranger
(c) A letter from the king
(d) Many witnesses for his behalf
3. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) The messenger
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Mr. Lorry
4. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) What he wants
(b) How long he was buried
(c) Who he is here to see
(d) How long he has wandered the earth
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Sydney Carton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
3. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
4. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
5. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)