|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Mr. Lorry
2. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is a broken and empty man.
(b) He is strong and proud.
(c) He is weak but happy.
(d) He is thin but lucid.
3. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
(a) Carton is Stryver's cousin.
(b) Carton is Stryver's brother-in-law.
(c) Carton is Stryver's enemy.
(d) Carton is Stryver's ally.
4. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Burglaries take place every night.
(b) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(c) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(d) Fires are a source of worry.
5. Chapter 5
What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
2. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
3. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
4. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
5. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)