|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
2. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Lorry
3. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(b) Fires are a source of worry.
(c) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(d) Burglaries take place every night.
4. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
5. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
(a) A loyal Englishman
(b) A sad, depressed man
(c) A heartless scoundrel
(d) A loving brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
2. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
3. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
4. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
5. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)