|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5
What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
(a) Play cards
(b) Play chess
(c) Go for long walks
(d) Drink heavily
2. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
(a) How long he has wandered the earth
(b) How long he was buried
(c) What he wants
(d) Who he is here to see
3. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(a) Life in prison
4. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Mr. Tellson
(c) Miss Lucie Manette
(d) Miss Pross
5. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(b) He grabs the horse's reins.
(c) He attacks the Marquis.
(d) He jumps into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
2. How many people does Miss Pross tell Mr. Lorry come calling for Miss Lucie?
3. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
4. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
5. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)