|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is strong and proud.
(b) He is weak but happy.
(c) He is a broken and empty man.
(d) He is thin but lucid.
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Jerry Cruncher
(d) Defarge's wife
3. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(a) Life in prison
4. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is dead.
(b) Her father is coming for a visit.
(c) Her father is alive.
(d) Her father had an accident.
5. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He is very fond of him.
(b) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He finds him to be intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
2. What is the year the story is taking place?
3. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
4. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)