|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is crying and moaning.
(b) He is calm and attentive.
(c) He is begging for mercy.
(d) He is blubbering.
2. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(b) Miss Dover
(c) Mrs. Hill
(d) Mr. Tellson
3. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is thin but lucid.
(b) He is strong and proud.
(c) He is weak but happy.
(d) He is a broken and empty man.
4. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(a) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
5. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) John Barsard
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Mr. Carton
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
2. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
3. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
4. Chapter 1 What is the physical appearance of the Kings and Queens of England and France?
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)