|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(a) Jacques Defarge
(b) Mr. Tellson
(c) Doctor Manette
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is begging for mercy.
(b) He is blubbering.
(c) He is crying and moaning.
(d) He is calm and attentive.
3. Chapter 5
What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
4. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He is very fond of him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He finds him to be intelligent.
(d) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
5. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Carton
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Lorry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
3. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
4. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
5. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)