|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Send someone for my bags.
(c) Recalled to life
(d) Will meet you for tea
2. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) Many witnesses for his behalf
(c) The confession of a stranger
(d) Inability to identify him
3. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A tiny place with dingy windows
(b) A large, austere bank
(c) A large bank with huge oak doors
(d) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
4. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Shooter's Hill
(b) Dover Rise
(c) Dover Hill
(d) Tellson's Hill
5. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is dead.
(b) Her father is coming for a visit.
(c) Her father had an accident.
(d) Her father is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
2. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
3. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
4. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
5. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)