|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
(a) They are life long friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are mysteries to each other.
(d) They are business partners.
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) Fires are a source of worry.
(b) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
(c) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(d) Burglaries take place every night.
3. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Carton
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Doctor Manette
4. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Tellson's Hill
(b) Shooter's Hill
(c) Dover Rise
(d) Dover Hill
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is crying and moaning.
(b) He is calm and attentive.
(c) He is begging for mercy.
(d) He is blubbering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
2. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
3. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
4. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
5. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)