|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(c) The messenger
(d) Miss Pross
2. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
(a) He is weak but happy.
(b) He is thin but lucid.
(c) He is a broken and empty man.
(d) He is strong and proud.
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) The confession of a stranger
(b) Many witnesses for his behalf
(c) Inability to identify him
(d) A letter from the king
4. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Miss Lucie Manette
(b) Miss Pross
(d) Mr. Tellson
5. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge's wife
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Doctor Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
2. Chapter 2 What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
3. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
4. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
5. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)