|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) The messenger
(c) Miss Pross
2. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
(a) The constant rainfall can cause the house to flood.
(b) Fires are a source of worry.
(c) Burglaries take place every night.
(d) Mice run rampant if no one is in the house.
3. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A tiny place with dingy windows
(b) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(c) A large, austere bank
(d) A large bank with huge oak doors
4. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
(b) Miss Dover
(c) Mrs. Hill
(d) Mr. Tellson
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Jerry Cruncher
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Doctor Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical and emotional condition of Doctor Manette?
2. What is the year the story is taking place?
3. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
4. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
5. Chapter 6 What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)