|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large, austere bank
(b) A tiny place with dingy windows
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A large bank with huge oak doors
2. Chapter 2
What is the name of the hill that the Dover mail carriage is struggling to climb through the mud?
(a) Tellson's Hill
(b) Shooter's Hill
(c) Dover Rise
(d) Dover Hill
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Barsard
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Lorry
4. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Lucie Manette
(c) Miss Lorry
(d) Mrs. Defarge
5. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Milking cows
(b) Making shoes
(c) Shoveling manure
(d) Delivering groceries
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
2. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
3. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
4. What is the name of the intruder who stops at the mail carriage, asking for Mr. Jarvis Lorry?
5. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)