|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6
What is Doctor Manette doing for a living which is far below a medical practice?
(a) Shoveling manure
(b) Making shoes
(c) Delivering groceries
(d) Milking cows
2. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) Inability to identify him
(b) A letter from the king
(c) Many witnesses for his behalf
(d) The confession of a stranger
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Mr. Barsard
(c) Mr. Lorry
(d) Mr. Carton
4. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) Send someone for my bags.
(b) Recalled to life
(c) Will meet you for tea
(d) The end is near.
5. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is dead.
(b) Her father is coming for a visit.
(c) Her father is alive.
(d) Her father had an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 5 What are dozens of Parisians sipping off the ground before it soaks into the earth?
2. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
5. Why are families in England cautioned to put their furniture in storage if they travel out of town?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)