Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are slaughtering cattle.
(b) They are preparing for an invasion.
(c) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(d) They are killing the prisoners.
2. Who owns a prosperous wine shop in Paris?
(b) Mr. Tellson
(c) Jacques Defarge
(d) Doctor Manette
3. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He is stupid and foolhardy.
4. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are dressed in party wear.
(b) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(c) They are dressed in uniforms.
(d) They are covered in blood.
5. Where does Doctor Manette go two weeks after Lucie's wedding?
(a) He goes for a hike in the mountains.
(b) He goes to visit the newlyweds.
(c) He goes on a vacation with Mr. Lorry.
(d) He goes to a medical conference in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Doctor Manette recognizes about his daughter?
2. What does Madame Defarge do in her usual spot in the wine shop?
3. Who makes up the Tribunal?
4. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
5. What does Lucie request of her husband regarding Mr. Carton?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)