Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He leaves the country.
(b) He hides in the mountains.
(c) He stages his own death.
(d) He lives in a cave.
2. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) The messenger
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Miss Pross
3. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A wine master
(b) A soldier for the King
(c) A foreign diplomat
(d) A tutor of French literature and language
4. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(b) He falls into the river and drowns.
(c) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(d) He dies of starvation.
5. What does Defarge take to the King and Queen about Marquis Evremonde's murderer?
(a) The body of the Marquis
(b) Evidence against the murderer
(c) The dagger used to stab the Marquis
(d) A petition on the murderer's behalf
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a typical condition of the common people in France?
2. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
4. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
5. Chapter 16 Who is the spy that is commissioned for Defarge's neighborhood?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)