|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 18
What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
(a) Vibrant and happy
(b) Excited but nervous
(c) Deathly pale
(d) Nervous and fidgety
2. Chapter 4
Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
(a) Miss Lucie Manette
(b) Mr. Tellson
(d) Miss Pross
3. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth and its fullness are his.
(b) The world is for the wild animals.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
4. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
(a) She prays that she can always be true to him.
(b) She prays that she will be a good daughter.
(c) She prays that he will never die.
(d) She prays that he will let her get on with her own life.
5. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
(a) Carton accepts the advice with grace.
(b) Carton is thankful for the advice.
(c) Carton finds him offensive.
(d) Carton seriously considers the advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
2. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
4. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)