Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 19 | Book 2, Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(b) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(c) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
(d) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
2. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Smiling children
(b) Sad families
(c) Happy families
(d) Its own secret
3. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) Jerry Cruncher
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) John Barsard
(d) Mr. Carton
4. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(b) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(c) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(d) He denounces it.
5. Who does Dickens describe as the idlest and most unpromising man?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Doctor Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
2. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
3. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
4. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. What is the relationship Carton has with Stryver?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)