|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 15 | Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for the wild animals.
(b) The earth and its fullness are his.
(c) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(d) The world is for all the people.
2. What is the message that Mr. Lorry sends back to a lady in Dover?
(a) The end is near.
(b) Send someone for my bags.
(c) Recalled to life
(d) Will meet you for tea
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Defarge's wife
4. What type of person is Miss Proust's brother, Solomon?
(a) A loyal Englishman
(b) A heartless scoundrel
(c) A loving brother
(d) A sad, depressed man
5. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Mr. Barsard
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
2. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
3. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
4. Chapter 5 What do most men do as a pastime during the time the story is taking place?
5. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)