|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for employment
(b) A request for a new home
(c) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
(d) A request for money
2. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
(a) Carton will smuggle a weapon to Darnay.
(b) Solomon will arrange to release Darnay.
(c) Carton can gain access to Darnay.
(d) Solomon will unlock Darnay's cell.
3. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(d) He is inspired by his love for her.
4. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(b) He moves away from Paris.
(c) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(d) He finds a new career.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 21 What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
2. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
3. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
4. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
5. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)