|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(b) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(c) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(d) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
2. What is the question that Miss Pross has for Doctor Manette?
(a) How can she go about joining the patriots' cause?
(b) When will a new king rule France?
(c) Will they be able to become citizens of France?
(d) When will they be able to go back to England?
3. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(b) It is gone altogether.
(c) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(d) It continues on but with less corruption.
4. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(c) Doctor Manette
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
(a) Mr. Lorry sympathizes with Jerry.
(b) Mr. Lorry is shocked and disgusted.
(c) Mr. Lorry is not surprised.
(d) Mr. Lorry understands Jerry's circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
2. What is the new mode of address decreed by the patriots?
3. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
4. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
5. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)