|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
(a) The king escapes to England for safety.
(b) The king is exile.
(c) The king is tried, doomed, and beheaded.
(d) The king is imprisoned for life.
2. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
(a) The tribunal
(b) The king
(c) The warden
(d) The guards vote on it
3. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
(a) Solomon will unlock Darnay's cell.
(b) Solomon will arrange to release Darnay.
(c) Carton will smuggle a weapon to Darnay.
(d) Carton can gain access to Darnay.
4. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
(a) He thought about revenge on those who imprisoned him.
(b) He thought about escape.
(c) He thought about the child he had never seen.
(d) He thought about returning to his medical practice.
5. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) He is grateful that he is leaving Paris.
(b) He is grateful that none of his loved ones are in Paris.
(c) He is grateful that he has not been taken prisoner.
(d) He is grateful that he still has a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doctor Manette go to see after delivering his news to Lucie?
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
3. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
4. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
5. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)