|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Miss Pross
(c) The messenger
2. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Burlap bags over their faces
(b) Masks of white powder
(c) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(d) Wild boar heads over their faces
3. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She screams at the sight.
(b) She turns and runs away.
(c) She cuts off his head.
(d) She cheers.
4. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
(a) Carton can gain access to Darnay.
(b) Carton will smuggle a weapon to Darnay.
(c) Solomon will unlock Darnay's cell.
(d) Solomon will arrange to release Darnay.
5. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large bank with huge oak doors
(b) A tiny place with dingy windows
(c) A large, austere bank
(d) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
2. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
3. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)