|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(b) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(c) He dies of starvation.
(d) He falls into the river and drowns.
2. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are dressed in party wear.
(b) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(c) They are covered in blood.
(d) They are dressed in uniforms.
3. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
(a) Manette sneaks past the guards after dark.
(b) Manette bribes the guards.
(c) Manette is allowed to visit because of his past imprisonment.
(d) Manette becomes the prison's physician.
4. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Masks of white powder
(b) Burlap bags over their faces
(c) Wild boar heads over their faces
(d) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
5. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) The messenger
(d) Mr. Lorry
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
3. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
4. What is the unanimous vote at Charles' trial?
5. What is the main source of evidence presented against Charles Darnay?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)