|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
(a) Her husband was murdered during the night.
(b) Her husband goes before the Tribunal the next day.
(c) Her husband is deathly ill.
(d) Her husband escaped that morning.
2. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
(a) Tarring and feathering
(b) Sacrifices and self-immolations
(c) Public hanging
(d) Public flogging
3. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He holds the flag.
(b) He is not involved.
(c) He gives supplies to the army.
(d) He is a cannonier.
4. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He is moving to Paris.
(b) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(c) He is joining the King's guard.
(d) He intends to marry Lucie.
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(b) The world is for the wild animals.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The earth and its fullness are his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
2. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
3. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
4. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
5. What is the question that Miss Pross has for Doctor Manette?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)