|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(b) A large, austere bank
(c) A large bank with huge oak doors
(d) A tiny place with dingy windows
2. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He is moving to Paris.
(b) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(c) He intends to marry Lucie.
(d) He is joining the King's guard.
3. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It is gone altogether.
(b) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(c) It continues on but with less corruption.
(d) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
4. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A gravestone
(b) A job
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A warm meal
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is crying and moaning.
(b) He is begging for mercy.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is blubbering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
2. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
3. What does the evidence against Charles call up in the crowd at the trial?
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
5. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)