|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
(a) Her husband is deathly ill.
(b) Her husband goes before the Tribunal the next day.
(c) Her husband was murdered during the night.
(d) Her husband escaped that morning.
2. Who denounces Charles Darnay, causing him to be arrested once again?
(a) The Vengeance
(b) The owner of Tellson's Bank
(c) Citizen and Citizeness Defarge
(d) Jerry Cruncher
3. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
(a) Lucie sees the dance a good omen.
(b) Lucie sees the dance as something once innocent, turned cruel and ugly.
(c) Lucie sees the dance as frivolous and a waste of time.
(d) Lucie sees the dance as way for the people to forget their suffering.
4. Chapter 17
Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
(a) She is happy for the love Heaven has bestowed on her.
(b) She is happy that her father is finally well and healthy.
(c) She is happy that she is to go to Cambridge.
(d) She is happy that they are moving away from Soho.
5. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Eat grass
(b) Beg for food
(c) Ask for mercy
(d) Steal bread from the rich
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
2. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
4. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
5. What is the family name that is detested by Saint Antoine?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)