|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
(b) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(c) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(d) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
2. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A warm meal
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A job
(d) A gravestone
3. What is the unanimous vote at Charles' trial?
(a) Death within 24 hours
(b) Hanging in two weeks
(c) Prison for life
4. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
(a) To find a better career
(b) To move away from the area
(c) To find a respectable woman who owns property
(d) To learn how to speak French
5. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
2. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
4. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
5. Chapter 18 What is the condition of Doctor Manette when Charles leaves his room on Lucie's wedding day?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)