|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She screams at the sight.
(b) She turns and runs away.
(c) She cuts off his head.
(d) She cheers.
2. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(b) Despondent and morose
(c) Grumpy and argumentative
(d) Serious and stern
3. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Stryver
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Lorry
(d) Mr. Barsard
4. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
(a) Mr. Lorry understands Jerry's circumstances.
(b) Mr. Lorry is shocked and disgusted.
(c) Mr. Lorry sympathizes with Jerry.
(d) Mr. Lorry is not surprised.
5. Who decides which prisoners will be released or murdered at the prison?
(a) The king
(b) The guards vote on it
(c) The warden
(d) The tribunal
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Lucie have when she sees men and women dancing the Carmagnole?
2. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
3. What does Mr. Lorry observe about Doctor Manette after Lucie's wedding?
4. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
5. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)