|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family name that is detested by Saint Antoine?
2. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(b) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(d) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
3. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She smiles.
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Barsard
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Carton
5. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) He moves away from Paris.
(b) He finds a new career.
(c) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(d) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
2. Chapter 21 What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
3. What does the evidence against Charles call up in the crowd at the trial?
4. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
5. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)