|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
2. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Smiling children
(b) Sad families
(c) Its own secret
(d) Happy families
3. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(b) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(c) He moves away from Paris.
(d) He finds a new career.
4. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
(a) He decides to move to Wales.
(b) He decides to move to France.
(c) He decides to move to Scotland.
(d) He decides to move to Italy.
5. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) He is grateful that none of his loved ones are in Paris.
(b) He is grateful that he is leaving Paris.
(c) He is grateful that he still has a job.
(d) He is grateful that he has not been taken prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
2. What does Lucie pray as she watches her father sleep?
3. What becomes a symbol of the regeneration of the human race, superseding the Cross?
4. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
5. While Jerry is dreaming, what does he continue to understand as a spectre?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)