|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She screams at the sight.
(b) She turns and runs away.
(c) She cuts off his head.
(d) She cheers.
2. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(c) Doctor Manette
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) The confession of a stranger
(b) A letter from the king
(c) Many witnesses for his behalf
(d) Inability to identify him
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(b) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(c) It is gone altogether.
(d) It continues on but with less corruption.
5. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
2. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
3. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
4. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
5. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)