|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is alive.
(b) Her father is dead.
(c) Her father had an accident.
(d) Her father is coming for a visit.
2. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) John Barsard
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Doctor Manette
3. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
(a) He decides to move to France.
(b) He decides to move to Italy.
(c) He decides to move to Scotland.
(d) He decides to move to Wales.
4. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(b) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
5. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Wild boar heads over their faces
(b) Burlap bags over their faces
(c) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(d) Masks of white powder
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
2. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
3. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
4. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
5. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)