|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Madame Defarge's reaction to the fate of Charles Darnay?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She smiles.
(d) She is horrified.
2. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(b) Mr. Carton is missing.
(c) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
(d) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
3. What is the unanimous vote at Charles' trial?
(a) Prison for life
(c) Death within 24 hours
(d) Hanging in two weeks
4. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He attacks the Marquis.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He grabs the horse's reins.
5. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A warm meal
(b) A gravestone
(c) A job
(d) A pair of shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
2. What has the wood-sawyer named his saw?
3. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
4. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
5. Chapter 22 What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)