|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news Doctor Manette brings to Lucie about her husband?
(a) Her husband was murdered during the night.
(b) Her husband escaped that morning.
(c) Her husband goes before the Tribunal the next day.
(d) Her husband is deathly ill.
2. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
(a) The king is tried, doomed, and beheaded.
(b) The king escapes to England for safety.
(c) The king is exile.
(d) The king is imprisoned for life.
3. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He attacks the Marquis.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He grabs the horse's reins.
(d) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
4. What is one of the frenzied aspirations of the people?
(a) Public hanging
(b) Sacrifices and self-immolations
(c) Public flogging
(d) Tarring and feathering
5. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They have faith in the aristocracy.
(b) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
(c) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
(d) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 17 Why is Lucie so happy as she sits under the tree with her father?
2. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
3. What is the plan Doctor Manette tells to Lucie so that Charles can see her from a prison window?
4. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)