|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Miss Pross leaves them.
(b) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(c) Doctor Manette dies.
(d) One of the children dies
2. How does the universal fear and distrust of the times affect daily life of the citizens?
(a) Many citizens are leaving France.
(b) Citizens are unable to purchase food.
(c) People do not go out of their houses.
(d) The usual harmless ways of life have changed.
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) The confession of a stranger
(c) Inability to identify him
(d) Many witnesses for his behalf
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Charles Darnay
(b) Miss Pross
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
(d) Lucie and her father
5. What becomes of the King of France in this new era of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Death?
(a) The king is tried, doomed, and beheaded.
(b) The king escapes to England for safety.
(c) The king is exile.
(d) The king is imprisoned for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
2. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
4. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
5. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)