|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Carton
2. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He grabs the horse's reins.
(b) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(c) He jumps into the river.
(d) He attacks the Marquis.
3. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
4. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He is a cannonier.
(b) He gives supplies to the army.
(c) He is not involved.
(d) He holds the flag.
5. How does Doctor Manette manage to visit Charles in prison?
(a) Manette sneaks past the guards after dark.
(b) Manette becomes the prison's physician.
(c) Manette bribes the guards.
(d) Manette is allowed to visit because of his past imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction when Jerry admits that he was once a gravedigger?
2. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
3. What words continue to repeat in Carton's mind as he wanders the streets throughout the night?
4. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
5. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)