|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the arrangement Carton makes with Solomon with regard to Darnay?
(a) Carton will smuggle a weapon to Darnay.
(b) Carton can gain access to Darnay.
(c) Solomon will unlock Darnay's cell.
(d) Solomon will arrange to release Darnay.
2. What words continue to repeat in Carton's mind as he wanders the streets throughout the night?
(a) I am who I am.
(b) I am the resurrection and the life.
(c) Though we walk through the shadows of death
(d) Father forgive them.
3. What does the evidence against Charles call up in the crowd at the trial?
(a) Sympathy for Charles
(b) Mercy for the prisoners
(c) A passion for vengeance
(d) Their own past offenses
4. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
(a) He decides to move to Scotland.
(b) He decides to move to France.
(c) He decides to move to Wales.
(d) He decides to move to Italy.
5. How long has Charles been in prison at this point?
(a) One year and three months
(b) Two weeks
(c) Six months
(d) Two years
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
2. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
3. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
4. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
5. What is the main source of evidence presented against Charles Darnay?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)