|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(b) Wild boar heads over their faces
(c) Masks of white powder
(d) Burlap bags over their faces
2. What does Doctor Manette tell Lucie he thought about as he looked at the moon while in prison?
(a) He thought about escape.
(b) He thought about returning to his medical practice.
(c) He thought about the child he had never seen.
(d) He thought about revenge on those who imprisoned him.
3. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would teach them the ways of the world.
(b) He would lend them money.
(c) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(d) He would give them a job.
4. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(b) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(d) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
5. Chapter 11
What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
(a) He intends to marry Miss Pross.
(b) He is joining the King's guard.
(c) He intends to marry Lucie.
(d) He is moving to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many defenseless men and women held prisoner were killed during the four days Doctor Manette is away to help Charles?
2. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
3. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
4. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
5. What is the question that Miss Pross has for Doctor Manette?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)