|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
(a) Her father is dead.
(b) Her father is alive.
(c) Her father had an accident.
(d) Her father is coming for a visit.
2. Why is Doctor Manette sure that there will be no more shoemaking or North Tower for him ever again?
(a) He finds a new career.
(b) The North Tower and his shoemaking tools are destroyed.
(c) He keeps his promise to Lucie.
(d) He moves away from Paris.
3. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
(a) Carton finds him offensive.
(b) Carton seriously considers the advice.
(c) Carton accepts the advice with grace.
(d) Carton is thankful for the advice.
4. Who are the three witnesses against Charles Darnay at his trial?
(a) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and Doctor Manette
(b) Monsieur Defarge, Madame Defarge, and The Vengeance
(c) Monsieur Defarge, Solomon, and The Vengeance
(d) Monsieur Defarge, The Vengeance, and Doctor Manette
5. What are Carton's true feelings about Mr. Lorry?
(a) He views Mr. Lorry as a weakling and coward.
(b) He sees Mr. Lorry as a useless fool.
(c) He sees Mr. Lorry as a good man and true friend.
(d) He sees Mr. Lorry as a self-centered aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
2. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
3. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
4. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
5. What does Carton purchase after talking to the wood-sawyer?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)