|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
2. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Mr. Barsard
3. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His cousin, Jerry
(b) His wife
(c) His children
(d) His nephew, Charles
4. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Charles Darnay
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 3 What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
2. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
5. Chapter 11 What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)