|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) The messenger
(d) Mr. Lorry
2. Chapter 12
Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
(a) He visits Lorry to invite him on vacation with him.
(b) He visits Lorry to invite him out for a drink.
(c) He visits Lorry to tell him the latest gossip.
(d) He visits Lorry to tell him about his upcoming plans.
3. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
(a) He finds him to be intelligent.
(b) He is very fond of him.
(c) He hopes to become a good friend of his.
(d) He hates him.
4. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
(a) Lucie Manette
(b) Mrs. Defarge
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Miss Lorry
5. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) The confession of a stranger
(c) Inability to identify him
(d) Many witnesses for his behalf
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
3. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
5. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)