|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Jerry Cruncher
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Mr. Lorry
3. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A job
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A warm meal
(d) A gravestone
4. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Lorry
5. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(b) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
(c) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(d) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
2. How does Carton react to Stryver's advice?
3. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
5. Chapter 12 Why does Stryver visit Mr. Lorry at Tellson's bank?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)