|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(b) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
3. Chapter 3
What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
(a) Mr. Carton
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) John Barsard
(d) Doctor Manette
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His wife
(b) His children
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His cousin, Jerry
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for all the people.
(b) The earth and its fullness are his.
(c) The world is for the wild animals.
(d) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
3. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
4. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
5. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)