|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for the wild animals.
(b) The world is for all the people.
(c) The earth and its fullness are his.
(d) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
2. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Jerry Cruncher
(b) Defarge's wife
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Miss Pross
4. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Mr. Lorry
(d) The messenger
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is blubbering.
(b) He is begging for mercy.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is crying and moaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
2. Chapter 11 What does Stryver confess to Carton after a night of carousing?
3. What is the reason for the prisoner's acquittal?
4. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
5. Chapter 3 What is the name of the prosecutor's witness?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)