|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
(a) To learn how to speak French
(b) To move away from the area
(c) To find a respectable woman who owns property
(d) To find a better career
2. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A pair of shoes
(b) A gravestone
(c) A job
(d) A warm meal
3. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His children
(b) His wife
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His cousin, Jerry
4. Who is the prisoner's counsel?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Carton
(c) Mr. Stryver
(d) Mr. Barsard
5. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Its own secret
(b) Smiling children
(c) Happy families
(d) Sad families
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
2. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
3. Chapter 4 Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
4. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
5. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)