|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Stryver give to Carton?
(a) To find a respectable woman who owns property
(b) To learn how to speak French
(c) To find a better career
(d) To move away from the area
2. Chapter 4
Who does the acquitted prisoner dine with after the trial?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Mr. Stryver
(c) Mr. Carton
(d) Doctor Manette
3. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(b) The world is for the wild animals.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The earth and its fullness are his.
4. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A tiny place with dingy windows
(b) A large bank with huge oak doors
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A large, austere bank
5. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He grabs the horse's reins.
(b) He attacks the Marquis.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He jumps into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
2. Who does Charles Darnay find attractive?
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
4. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. What is Mr. Lorry's reaction to Stryver's upcoming plans?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)