|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Sad families
(b) Its own secret
(c) Smiling children
(d) Happy families
2. What does Stryver say to Mr. Lorry about the advice Lorry gives him?
(a) Stryver tells Lorry that he never wants to see him again.
(b) He tells him that he doesn't agree with the advice.
(c) He thanks Mr. Lorry, asking him not to mention it again.
(d) Stryver tells Lorry that he is an empty-headed scoundrel.
3. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A gravestone
(b) A pair of shoes
(c) A job
(d) A warm meal
4. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is blubbering.
(b) He is begging for mercy.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is crying and moaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. Who revives Miss Manette with smelling salts after she faints?
3. What is the news that Lorry gives to his visitor?
4. Chapter 4 Who visits Lorry the day after he arrives at the Royal George Hotel?
5. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)