|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11 | Book 2, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(b) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
2. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He attacks the Marquis.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He grabs the horse's reins.
3. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Charles Darnay
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Mr. Lorry
4. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
5. Chapter 3
What does Jerry ponder that every house, room, and heart in a city holds?
(a) Happy families
(b) Smiling children
(c) Sad families
(d) Its own secret
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Carton's feelings toward Charles Darnay?
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
3. How do the three passengers in the coach relate to one another?
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
5. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)