|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large bank with huge oak doors
(b) A large, austere bank
(c) A tiny place with dingy windows
(d) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
2. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Burlap bags over their faces
(b) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(c) Wild boar heads over their faces
(d) Masks of white powder
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(c) Cutting off a hand
(d) Going to a labor camp
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for all the people.
(b) The earth and its fullness are his.
(c) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(d) The world is for the wild animals.
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(b) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(c) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(d) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
2. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
3. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
4. What is the fate of old Foulon?
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)