|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His children
(b) His cousin, Jerry
(c) His wife
(d) His nephew, Charles
2. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are killing the prisoners.
(b) They are slaughtering cattle.
(c) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(d) They are preparing for an invasion.
3. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Eat grass
(b) Steal bread from the rich
(c) Beg for food
(d) Ask for mercy
4. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He is a cannonier.
(b) He is not involved.
(c) He holds the flag.
(d) He gives supplies to the army.
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is begging for mercy.
(b) He is calm and attentive.
(c) He is blubbering.
(d) He is crying and moaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
3. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
4. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)