|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Masks of white powder
(b) Burlap bags over their faces
(c) Wild boar heads over their faces
(d) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
2. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a grave robber.
(b) He is a sheep smuggler.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is a bandit.
3. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are preparing for an invasion.
(b) They are slaughtering cattle.
(c) They are killing the prisoners.
(d) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
4. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Grumpy and argumentative
(b) Serious and stern
(c) Despondent and morose
5. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Beg for food
(b) Ask for mercy
(c) Eat grass
(d) Steal bread from the rich
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
2. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
3. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
4. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
5. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)