|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a grave robber.
(b) He is a bandit.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is a sheep smuggler.
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His children
(b) His cousin, Jerry
(c) His wife
(d) His nephew, Charles
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Masks of white powder
(b) Burlap bags over their faces
(c) Wild boar heads over their faces
(d) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
4. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(b) Serious and stern
(c) Despondent and morose
(d) Grumpy and argumentative
5. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A large bank with huge oak doors
(b) A large, austere bank
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A tiny place with dingy windows
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 21 What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
2. Chapter 22 What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
5. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)