|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Ask for mercy
(b) Steal bread from the rich
(c) Beg for food
(d) Eat grass
2. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A gravestone
(b) A warm meal
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A job
3. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(b) A tiny place with dingy windows
(c) A large bank with huge oak doors
(d) A large, austere bank
4. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(b) Life in prison
5. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are slaughtering cattle.
(b) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(c) They are preparing for an invasion.
(d) They are killing the prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
2. Chapter 21 What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
3. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
4. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
5. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)