|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Defarge
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Lucie and her father
2. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are killing the prisoners.
(b) They are slaughtering cattle.
(c) They are preparing for an invasion.
(d) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Defarge's wife
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Miss Pross
(d) Doctor Manette
4. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Doctor Manette dies.
(b) One of the children dies
(c) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(d) Miss Pross leaves them.
5. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Ask for mercy
(b) Eat grass
(c) Beg for food
(d) Steal bread from the rich
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
2. Chapter 2 What is the punishment for treason?
3. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
4. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
5. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)