|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth and its fullness are his.
(b) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The world is for the wild animals.
2. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
3. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would lend them money.
(b) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(c) He would give them a job.
(d) He would teach them the ways of the world.
4. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She cuts off his head.
(b) She turns and runs away.
(c) She cheers.
(d) She screams at the sight.
5. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He will never give up trying to get her.
(b) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
2. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
4. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
5. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)