|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Serious and stern
(b) Grumpy and argumentative
(c) Despondent and morose
2. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A gravestone
(b) A job
(c) A warm meal
(d) A pair of shoes
3. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Doctor Manette
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Defarge's wife
(d) Miss Pross
4. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
5. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(b) They are covered in blood.
(c) They are dressed in uniforms.
(d) They are dressed in party wear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
2. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
3. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
4. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)