|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(a) Life in prison
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
(a) Miss Pross
(b) Defarge's wife
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
3. Chapter 13
How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
(a) Serious and stern
(b) Grumpy and argumentative
(d) Despondent and morose
4. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) They are dressed in uniforms.
(c) They are dressed in party wear.
(d) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
5. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She cuts off his head.
(b) She turns and runs away.
(c) She screams at the sight.
(d) She cheers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
2. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
3. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
5. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)