|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is disreputable.
(b) It is something of value.
(c) It is a good way to get ahead.
(d) It is something to be proud of.
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Jerry Cruncher
(c) Charles Darnay
(d) Doctor Manette
3. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are dressed in uniforms.
(b) They are dressed in party wear.
(c) They are covered in blood.
(d) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
4. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) Miss Pross leaves them.
(b) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(c) Doctor Manette dies.
(d) One of the children dies
5. Chapter 2
What is the punishment for treason?
(c) Life in prison
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of old Foulon?
2. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
4. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
5. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)