|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 21
What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
(a) One of the children dies
(b) Mr. Lorry is arrested.
(c) Miss Pross leaves them.
(d) Doctor Manette dies.
2. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(b) Mr. Carton is missing.
(c) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
(d) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
3. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A tiny place with dingy windows
(b) A large, austere bank
(c) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(d) A large bank with huge oak doors
4. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) He is grateful that he still has a job.
(b) He is grateful that none of his loved ones are in Paris.
(c) He is grateful that he has not been taken prisoner.
(d) He is grateful that he is leaving Paris.
5. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(b) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(d) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
2. Chapter 8 What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
4. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
5. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)