|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(b) The world is for all the people.
(c) The earth and its fullness are his.
(d) The world is for the wild animals.
2. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(b) They are preparing for an invasion.
(c) They are killing the prisoners.
(d) They are slaughtering cattle.
3. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(b) He falls into the river and drowns.
(c) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(d) He dies of starvation.
4. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are dressed in party wear.
(b) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(c) They are covered in blood.
(d) They are dressed in uniforms.
5. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is inspired by his love for her.
(d) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
2. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
3. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
4. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
5. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)