|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
2. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) They are dressed in party wear.
(c) They are dressed in uniforms.
(d) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
3. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
(a) They are sharpening weapons for the king's soldiers.
(b) They are preparing for an invasion.
(c) They are slaughtering cattle.
(d) They are killing the prisoners.
4. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He stages his own death.
(b) He hides in the mountains.
(c) He lives in a cave.
(d) He leaves the country.
5. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) He dies of starvation.
(b) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(c) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(d) He falls into the river and drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
2. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
3. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
4. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
5. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)