|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is inspired by his love for her.
(b) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(c) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(d) He will never give up trying to get her.
2. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would teach them the ways of the world.
(b) He would give them a job.
(c) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(d) He would lend them money.
3. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is blubbering.
(b) He is begging for mercy.
(c) He is calm and attentive.
(d) He is crying and moaning.
4. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
(b) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(c) Mr. Carton is missing.
(d) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
5. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
(a) He is not involved.
(b) He holds the flag.
(c) He gives supplies to the army.
(d) He is a cannonier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
2. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
5. Why do men and women gather in the courtyard to sharpen weapons on the grindstone?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)