|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is something of value.
(b) It is a good way to get ahead.
(c) It is something to be proud of.
(d) It is disreputable.
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is blubbering.
(b) He is calm and attentive.
(c) He is begging for mercy.
(d) He is crying and moaning.
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He leaves the country.
(b) He stages his own death.
(c) He lives in a cave.
(d) He hides in the mountains.
4. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a sheep smuggler.
(c) He is a grave robber.
(d) He is a bandit.
5. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Ask for mercy
(b) Eat grass
(c) Steal bread from the rich
(d) Beg for food
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
2. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. What is the fate of old Foulon?
5. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)