|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
(a) He would sacrifice everything for them.
(b) He would teach them the ways of the world.
(c) He would lend them money.
(d) He would give them a job.
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is inspired by his love for her.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(d) He is stupid and foolhardy.
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He hides in the mountains.
(b) He leaves the country.
(c) He lives in a cave.
(d) He stages his own death.
4. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Mr. Carton is missing.
(b) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
(c) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(d) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
5. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) He falls into the river and drowns.
(b) He dies of starvation.
(c) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(d) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
2. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
3. Chapter 1 Describe Tellson's Bank.
4. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
5. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)