|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He grabs the horse's reins.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
(d) He attacks the Marquis.
2. What is the message that the visitors relate to Mr. Lorry?
(a) Doctor Manette has been captured by the patriots.
(b) Charles Darnay is being held as a prisoner in Paris.
(c) Monsieur Defarge was killed during a raid.
(d) Mr. Carton is missing.
3. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Masks of white powder
(b) Burlap bags over their faces
(c) Wild boar heads over their faces
(d) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
4. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Charles Darnay
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Jerry Cruncher
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is begging for mercy.
(b) He is calm and attentive.
(c) He is crying and moaning.
(d) He is blubbering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
2. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
4. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
5. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)