|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
(a) He stages his own death.
(b) He lives in a cave.
(c) He leaves the country.
(d) He hides in the mountains.
2. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(b) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
(c) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(d) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
3. What is Mr. Lorry grateful for as he sits in Tellson's Bank in Paris?
(a) He is grateful that none of his loved ones are in Paris.
(b) He is grateful that he still has a job.
(c) He is grateful that he is leaving Paris.
(d) He is grateful that he has not been taken prisoner.
4. Chapter 1
Describe Tellson's Bank.
(a) A moderate sized bank with shiny floors
(b) A tiny place with dingy windows
(c) A large bank with huge oak doors
(d) A large, austere bank
5. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is something to be proud of.
(b) It is a good way to get ahead.
(c) It is disreputable.
(d) It is something of value.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
2. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
4. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
5. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)