|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are dressed in party wear.
(b) They are dressed in uniforms.
(c) They are covered in blood.
(d) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
2. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is disreputable.
(b) It is something to be proud of.
(c) It is something of value.
(d) It is a good way to get ahead.
3. Chapter 14
What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
(a) He is a sheep smuggler.
(b) He is a grave robber.
(c) He is a bandit.
(d) He is a spy.
4. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A job
(b) A gravestone
(c) A warm meal
(d) A pair of shoes
5. Chapter 22
What does old Foulon tell the starving people to do?
(a) Beg for food
(b) Eat grass
(c) Ask for mercy
(d) Steal bread from the rich
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
2. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
3. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
4. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
5. Who is Mr. Lorry amazed to see come through the door of Tellson's Bank in Paris?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)