|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
2. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is begging for mercy.
(b) He is crying and moaning.
(c) He is blubbering.
(d) He is calm and attentive.
3. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
(a) It is a good way to get ahead.
(b) It is something to be proud of.
(c) It is something of value.
(d) It is disreputable.
4. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
(a) Burlap bags over their faces
(b) Wild boar heads over their faces
(c) False eyebrows and false eyelashes
(d) Masks of white powder
5. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She cheers.
(b) She cuts off his head.
(c) She screams at the sight.
(d) She turns and runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
2. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
3. What steps does Foulon take to protect himself from the revolutionaries?
4. Who is the prisoner accused of treason?
5. What is the fate of old Foulon?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)