|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Defarge do when the Governor of the Bastille is killed?
(a) She turns and runs away.
(b) She screams at the sight.
(c) She cuts off his head.
(d) She cheers.
2. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His cousin, Jerry
(b) His nephew, Charles
(c) His wife
(d) His children
3. What is the fate of old Foulon?
(a) He is killed by wild animals in the wilderness.
(b) The crowd stuffs grass in his mouth, pummels him, drags him, stabs him, and hangs him.
(c) He falls into the river and drowns.
(d) He dies of starvation.
4. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
(a) Cutting off a hand
(c) Going to a labor camp
5. What is the prisoner's reaction as he waits before the large crowd to be tried?
(a) He is calm and attentive.
(b) He is crying and moaning.
(c) He is begging for mercy.
(d) He is blubbering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 What is Jerry Cruncher's secret trade?
2. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
3. Chapter 7 How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
4. What does Carton say he would do for Lucie and anyone dear to her?
5. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)