|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
(a) A gravestone
(b) A warm meal
(c) A pair of shoes
(d) A job
2. Chapter 7
How many men does it take to serve the Monseigneur his chocolate every morning?
3. What does the Monseigneur believe the world was made for?
(a) The world is for the wild animals.
(b) The earth's riches are for the downtrodden.
(c) The world is for all the people.
(d) The earth and its fullness are his.
4. Who does the Marquis look for when he arrives home?
(a) His children
(b) His wife
(c) His nephew, Charles
(d) His cousin, Jerry
5. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is stupid and foolhardy.
(b) He is inspired by his love for her.
(c) He will never give up trying to get her.
(d) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
2. What is Monsieur Defarge's roll in the storming of the Bastille?
3. What is the punishment for forgers, thieves, and counterfeiters?
4. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
5. What is the common view of Jerry's secret trade?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)