|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry's son tell him later in the evening?
(a) He is going to the authorities about Jerry's secret trade.
(b) He wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
(c) He is going to tell everyone what Jerry's secret trade is.
(d) He is going to tell his mother what Jerry is up to.
2. What is the physical appearance of the men and women sharpening weapons in the courtyard?
(a) They are covered in blood.
(b) They are dressed in uniforms.
(c) They wear clean clothes and white wigs.
(d) They are dressed in party wear.
3. What does Defarge tell the grieving man who cries over the child that is killed by Monsieur the Marquis' carriage?
(a) Defarge tells the grieving man that his child is in heaven now.
(b) Defarge tells the grieving man that he can have other children.
(c) Defarge tells the grieving man that the child is better off dying without pain than living a life full of pain.
(d) Defarge tells the grieving man that he now has one less mouth to feed.
4. What does Carton confess to Lucie when he visits her?
(a) He is inspired by his love for her.
(b) He will never give up trying to get her.
(c) He is saddened by his love for Miss Pross.
(d) He is stupid and foolhardy.
5. Chapter 8
What does the man hanging onto Marquis Evremonde's carriage do?
(a) He grabs the horse's reins.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He attacks the Marquis.
(d) He screams that the Marquis is a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does odd jobs for Tellson's Bank?
2. What does a woman ask the Marquis to provide for her husband?
3. Chapter 21 What is the grief that strikes the Darnay household?
4. Chapter 13 How does Sydney Carton feel when he visits the Manettes?
5. What disguise are the two men turning the grindstone wearing?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)