|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) Getting Solomon drunk
(b) The threat of La Guillotine
(c) A hand of cards
(d) Returning him to England
2. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He remains weak and sickly.
(b) He is senile and grumpy.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He is fully recovered and energetic.
3. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for employment
(b) A request for money
(c) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
(d) A request for a new home
4. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It burns to the ground.
(b) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(c) It becomes a convent.
(d) It deteriorates through the years.
5. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
(a) Mr. Lorry
(b) Sydney Carton
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Monsieur Lafarge
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
2. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
3. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
4. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
5. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)