|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It deteriorates through the years.
(b) It becomes a convent.
(c) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(d) It burns to the ground.
2. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
(a) The spy, Barsard
(b) Stryver of Old Bailey
(c) The spy, Roger Cly
(d) Mr. Attorney General
3. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
(a) At La Guillotine
(b) The La Forge prison
(c) The Good Republican Brutus of Antiquity
(d) Tellson's Bank
4. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) A hand of cards
(b) Getting Solomon drunk
(c) The threat of La Guillotine
(d) Returning him to England
5. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
(b) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(c) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(d) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
3. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
4. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
5. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)