|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A foreign diplomat
(b) A wine master
(c) A soldier for the King
(d) A tutor of French literature and language
2. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It deteriorates through the years.
(b) It burns to the ground.
(c) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(d) It becomes a convent.
3. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(a) Doctor Manette
4. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for money
(b) A request for employment
(c) A request for a new home
(d) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
5. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
(b) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
(c) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(d) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
2. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
3. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
4. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
5. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)