|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
(b) They have faith in the aristocracy.
(c) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
(d) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
2. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(b) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(c) He denounces it.
(d) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
3. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(b) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
(c) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(d) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
4. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It burns to the ground.
(b) It deteriorates through the years.
(c) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(d) It becomes a convent.
5. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(a) Doctor Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
2. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
3. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
4. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
5. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)