|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(b) He is senile and grumpy.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He remains weak and sickly.
2. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
(b) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
(c) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
(d) They have faith in the aristocracy.
3. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) The threat of La Guillotine
(b) Returning him to England
(c) Getting Solomon drunk
(d) A hand of cards
4. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(b) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
(c) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(d) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
5. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
(b) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
(c) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
(d) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
2. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
3. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
4. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
5. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)