|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
(b) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(c) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(d) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
2. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(b) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(c) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
(d) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
3. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
(a) The spy, Barsard
(b) Stryver of Old Bailey
(c) The spy, Roger Cly
(d) Mr. Attorney General
4. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
(b) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
(c) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
(d) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
5. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
(a) He loves her completely.
(b) He views her as a sister.
(c) She is only a friend to him.
(d) He finds her annoying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
2. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
3. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
4. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
5. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)