|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(b) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
(c) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(d) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
2. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
(a) The La Forge prison
(b) The Good Republican Brutus of Antiquity
(c) At La Guillotine
(d) Tellson's Bank
3. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
(a) The spy, Barsard
(b) The spy, Roger Cly
(c) Mr. Attorney General
(d) Stryver of Old Bailey
4. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is senile and grumpy.
(b) He is gradually becoming well.
(c) He remains weak and sickly.
(d) He is fully recovered and energetic.
5. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(c) Doctor Manette
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
2. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
3. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
4. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
5. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)