|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
(a) Monsieur Lafarge
(b) Sydney Carton
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Mr. Lorry
2. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
(a) The Marquis argues with Gabelle.
(b) The Marquis falls down the stairs.
(c) The Marquis is stabbed through the heart.
(d) The Marquis has an argument with his wife.
3. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
(b) They have faith in the aristocracy.
(c) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
(d) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
4. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) The threat of La Guillotine
(b) Getting Solomon drunk
(c) A hand of cards
(d) Returning him to England
5. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(b) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(c) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(d) He denounces it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
2. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
3. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
5. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)