|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
(a) Sydney Carton
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Monsieur Lafarge
2. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He is senile and grumpy.
(b) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He remains weak and sickly.
3. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
(b) Doctor Manette
(c) The Vengeance
(d) His sister, Miss Pross
4. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(b) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(c) He denounces it.
(d) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
5. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
(b) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
(c) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
(d) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
2. Chapter 10 What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
3. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
5. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)