|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) The threat of La Guillotine
(b) Returning him to England
(c) Getting Solomon drunk
(d) A hand of cards
2. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
(a) Monsieur Lafarge
(b) Mr. Lorry
(c) Doctor Manette
(d) Sydney Carton
3. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It becomes a convent.
(b) It deteriorates through the years.
(c) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(d) It burns to the ground.
4. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It continues on but with less corruption.
(b) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(c) It is gone altogether.
(d) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
5. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
(a) The La Forge prison
(b) At La Guillotine
(c) The Good Republican Brutus of Antiquity
(d) Tellson's Bank
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
2. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
3. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
4. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
5. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)