|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
(a) It becomes a convent.
(b) It is reconstructed by the common people.
(c) It deteriorates through the years.
(d) It burns to the ground.
2. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
(a) He decides to move to Scotland.
(b) He decides to move to France.
(c) He decides to move to Italy.
(d) He decides to move to Wales.
3. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) The threat of La Guillotine
(b) Getting Solomon drunk
(c) A hand of cards
(d) Returning him to England
4. How does Charles feel about Lucie Manette?
(a) He finds her annoying.
(b) He views her as a sister.
(c) He loves her completely.
(d) She is only a friend to him.
5. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A foreign diplomat
(b) A wine master
(c) A soldier for the King
(d) A tutor of French literature and language
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
2. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
3. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
4. Chapter 23 How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
5. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)