|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Pross run across her long lost brother, Solomon?
(a) Tellson's Bank
(b) The La Forge prison
(c) The Good Republican Brutus of Antiquity
(d) At La Guillotine
2. Chapter 9
How does Charles Darnay react to dining with Marquis Evremonde?
(a) Charles considers it an unpleasant encounter.
(b) Charles enjoys the meal thoroughly.
(c) Charles enjoys the pleasant conversations with the Marquis.
(d) Charles always looks foreword to dining with the Marquis.
3. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
(b) It continues on but with less corruption.
(c) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(d) It is gone altogether.
4. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) The threat of La Guillotine
(b) Getting Solomon drunk
(c) Returning him to England
(d) A hand of cards
5. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(b) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(c) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
(d) He denounces it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
2. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
3. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
4. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
5. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)