|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
(a) Doctor Manette
2. Who does Solomon blame for his secret identity being exposed?
(a) His sister, Miss Pross
(b) Doctor Manette
(d) The Vengeance
3. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
(a) A request for a new home
(b) A request for employment
(c) A request that Charles rescue him from prison
(d) A request for money
4. Chapter 23
How do the common people of France feel about the aristocracy?
(a) They have faith in the aristocracy.
(b) They believe the aristocracy has squeezed everything they can from the common people.
(c) They believe the aristocracy is their only hope for survival.
(d) They believe the aristocracy will share their wealth with them.
5. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
(a) Returning him to England
(b) Getting Solomon drunk
(c) The threat of La Guillotine
(d) A hand of cards
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Solomon's secret identity in England?
2. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
3. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
4. What becomes of the Marquis' chateau?
5. Who cries out Solomon's English identity when he sees Jerry and Miss Pross talking to him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)