|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the corrupt Court of France?
(a) It is gone altogether.
(b) It lives on, oppressing the common people.
(c) It continues on but with less corruption.
(d) Its loyal subjects make it thrive.
2. What does Charles decide to do about his future inheritance?
(a) He denounces it.
(b) He plans to use his inheritance to further his social standing.
(c) He decides to take his inheritance and move away.
(d) He makes plans to spend his inheritance.
3. Chapter 10
What does Charles Darnay choose as a career?
(a) A wine master
(b) A foreign diplomat
(c) A soldier for the King
(d) A tutor of French literature and language
4. What is the condition of Doctor Manette at this time?
(a) He remains weak and sickly.
(b) He is fully recovered and energetic.
(c) He is gradually becoming well.
(d) He is senile and grumpy.
5. What is the position of Solomon that Sydney Carton is most interested in?
(a) Solomon is an executioner using La Guillotine.
(b) Solomon is an ally of The Vengeance.
(c) Solomon is one of the prison guards.
(d) Solomon is a turnkey at the Conciergerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the letter that Gabelle sends to Charles Darnay?
2. Who is guarding the Marquis' countryside chateau?
3. What is the commotion at the Marquis' home after dinner with Charles?
4. Where does Mr. Lorry decide to relocate?
5. What does Carton use as a means to convince Solomon to cooperate with him in helping Charles Darnay?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)