Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Book 1, Chapter 1 | Book 1, Chapter 2 Abstract
* Chapter 1
* France and England are cruel in their justice.
* Burglaries and highwaymen are rampant in England.
* Chapter 2
* A messenger, Jerry, delivers a message to Jarvis Lorry.
* Jarvis Lorry, employed by Tellson's Bank, reads the message, "Recalled to life".
Book 1, Chapter 3 | Book 1, Chapter 4 Abstract
* Chapter 3
* Dickens reflects on the how all people...
This section contains 1,908 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)