|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Samuel Kelley is known for ________________.
(a) slacking off.
(b) impeccable manners.
(c) working the men relentlessly.
(d) being drunk.
2. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like a bent knee.
(b) Like a lightning bolt.
(c) Like a boomerang.
(d) Like an outstretched arm.
3. Where does Joe take Liat to lunch?
(a) A cave.
(b) The beach.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A cafe.
4. What does Tony kill during the night when they scratch on the metal of the plane?
(b) Land crabs.
5. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
(b) New Hebrides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Latouche's sister?
2. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
3. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
4. What do the men consider putting on top of the airstrip to give it a tighter, smoother top?
5. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)