|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
(a) Boar's tusk.
(b) Hawaiian shirt.
(d) Shark's teeth.
2. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
(a) Chaplain Goodacre.
(b) Rev. Miller.
(c) Rev. Minsterman.
(d) Chappy Jones.
3. How many days is the commander in #134 given to build the airstrip?
4. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
5. What article of clothing is Bus noted for wearing?
(a) Mickey Mouse watch.
(b) Red socks.
(c) Aviator cap.
(d) Bomber jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a ship's officer tell other men about Captain Kelley's daughter?
2. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
3. Who becomes Latouche's new boyfriend because he can talk about Paris, plus he is not married?
4. What is the Bouncing Belch?
5. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
2. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
3. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
4. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
5. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
6. What physical restrictions does Hoag encounter in the airstrip project on Konora?
7. Who is Latouche Barzan and what is her relationship with Bus Adams?
8. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
9. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
10. What outrageous situation do the men encounter as they attempt to make their final landing in the beat-up aircraft?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)