|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Latouche's sister?
2. What kind of mission are Tony, the narrator and Bus on?
(c) First aid.
(d) Looking for whiskey.
3. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(a) Bacterial infections.
(b) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
4. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
(a) Col. Haricot.
(b) Col. Harrison.
(c) Col. Hallowell.
(d) Col. Jackson.
5. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men stuck for a couple of days on the island of Bougainville?
2. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
3. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
4. Captain Samuel Kelley is known for ________________.
5. What business does Tony Fry operate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
2. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
3. How is Bus overthrown for Tony Fry in Latouche's affections?
4. What job is Commander Hoag ordered to complete on the tiny island of Konora?
5. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
6. What are Bloody Mary's plans for Joe?
7. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
8. What outrageous situation do the men encounter as they attempt to make their final landing in the beat-up aircraft?
9. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
10. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)