|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bloody Mary get her name?
(a) From betel juice dripping from her mouth.
(b) She killed two husbands.
(c) She had a scar on her cheek.
(d) She loved to fight.
2. What article of clothing is Bus noted for wearing?
(a) Bomber jacket.
(b) Aviator cap.
(c) Red socks.
(d) Mickey Mouse watch.
3. During this frantic period of time the men are working _______ hours each week.
4. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
5. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul determines that Bill is _________________.
2. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
3. Who is Liat supposed to marry?
4. Joe falsely claims that he would not _________________.
5. The Red House whorehouse is for ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
2. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
3. Who is Achilles Barzan and why is he a fugitive?
4. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
5. What physical restrictions does Hoag encounter in the airstrip project on Konora?
6. How does Joe accept Liat's marriage to Benoit?
7. How does the chaplain compare the pig ceremony to some aspects of Christianity and how it goes against the American practices of consumption?
8. What is Atabrine and what do the natives use it for?
9. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
10. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)