|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so dangerous about the way Bus has to land the plane at Segi Point?
(a) They are almost out of fuel.
(b) There is a monsoon.
(c) It has no wheels.
(d) There is really dense fog.
2. What island can the men see when the rain blew away the island mist?
(a) Bali Ha'i.
3. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
(a) vehicle pool.
(b) mess tent.
(c) supply depot.
(d) medics station.
4. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Lt. Bill Harbison.
(b) Tony Fox.
(c) Eddie Wirtz.
(d) Joe Cable.
5. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(c) Parachute silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
2. What is the Bouncing Belch?
3. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
4. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
5. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
2. What are Bloody Mary's plans for Joe?
3. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
4. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
5. What is Atabrine and what do the natives use it for?
6. Who is Achilles Barzan and why is he a fugitive?
7. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
8. Under what circumstances does Latouche kill her husband?
9. Who is Latouche Barzan and what is her relationship with Bus Adams?
10. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)