|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
(a) His brother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) No one.
(d) His fiance.
2. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. The airstrip in #133 is under the command of _________________.
(a) Commander Watson.
(b) Commander Hall.
(c) Commander Hoag.
(d) Commander Johnson.
4. What nationality is the nun in #95?
5. What cloth does Benny give the natives that makes them very happy?
(d) Red parachutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The drug Atabrine is also used as _______________.
2. Where does Joe take Liat to lunch?
3. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
4. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
5. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
2. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
3. How does Dr. Paul Benoway decide on not censoring Timothy Hewitt's letters to his wife?
4. How does Joe lie when the men talk about becoming intimate with native girls?
5. How does the letter Bill Harbison writes to his wife compare to the one Timothy Hewitt writes to his wife?
6. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
7. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
8. Under what circumstances does Latouche kill her husband?
9. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
10. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)