|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bus compares Captain Kelley to ______________.
(a) Captain Cook.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Blood.
(d) Captain Hook.
2. From what city does Captain Kelley come?
(a) Dayton, Ohio.
(b) Madison, Wisconsin.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
3. Who is the nun who prepares a meal at the hospital?
(a) Sister Caroline.
(b) Sister Clement.
(c) Sister Aurelia.
(d) Sister Carmelita.
4. Captain Samuel Kelley is known for ________________.
(a) working the men relentlessly.
(b) slacking off.
(c) impeccable manners.
(d) being drunk.
5. What item has Luther gone in search of on the island?
(a) Boars' tusks.
(b) Japanese Samurai swords.
(c) Geisha girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Tony Fry operate?
2. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
3. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
4. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
5. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
2. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
3. How does the chaplain compare the pig ceremony to some aspects of Christianity and how it goes against the American practices of consumption?
4. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
5. What job is Commander Hoag ordered to complete on the tiny island of Konora?
6. Who is Achilles Barzan and why is he a fugitive?
7. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
8. How is Bus overthrown for Tony Fry in Latouche's affections?
9. What outrageous situation do the men encounter as they attempt to make their final landing in the beat-up aircraft?
10. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)