|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(a) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
(c) Bacterial infections.
2. What is painted on the side of the plane that Bus Adams flies?
(a) Naked women.
(b) U.S. flag.
(d) Beer bottles.
3. What type of business does Bloody Mary run?
(a) Souvenir shop.
(b) Trading post.
(c) Cab company.
4. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
(a) Liquor importer.
(b) Rum plant manager.
(d) Plantation owner.
5. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
(a) His fiance.
(b) No one.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men spend Christmas Day?
2. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
3. Why is the supply depot being reinforced?
4. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
5. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
2. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
3. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
4. Who is Latouche Barzan and what is her relationship with Bus Adams?
5. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
6. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
7. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
8. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
9. How does Dr. Paul Benoway decide on not censoring Timothy Hewitt's letters to his wife?
10. How does the chaplain compare the pig ceremony to some aspects of Christianity and how it goes against the American practices of consumption?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)