|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
2. What does a ship's officer tell other men about Captain Kelley's daughter?
(a) She was homecoming queen.
(b) She died in a car accident.
(c) She got pregnant by an Army flier.
(d) She flunked out of college.
3. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
(a) Chaplain Goodacre.
(b) Rev. Minsterman.
(c) Chappy Jones.
(d) Rev. Miller.
4. What business does Tony Fry operate?
(a) Tony's Last Chance.
(b) Tony's Tiki Hut.
(c) Tony's Bar & Grill.
(d) Tony's Wine Mess.
5. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
(a) grass skirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul compared his survival of the plane crash as _________________.
2. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
3. Who is Tony's girlfriend who lives in Luana Pori?
4. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
5. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
2. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
3. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
4. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
5. What is Atabrine and what do the natives use it for?
6. What are Bloody Mary's plans for Joe?
7. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
8. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
9. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
10. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)