|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paul write a letter describing his life-threatening experience?
(a) His commanding officer.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
2. Bus compares Captain Kelley to ______________.
(a) Captain Hook.
(b) Captain Cook.
(c) Captain Bligh.
(d) Captain Blood.
3. With what fabric does Latouche make a wedding dress?
(d) Parachute silk.
4. Who poses as a Naval Intelligence officer?
(c) The narrator.
5. What do the Marines in Joe's camp hang over his head?
(a) A bell.
(b) A mosquito net.
(c) A bucket of water.
(d) A shrunken head.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men are told that they will lead the next strike on ____________.
2. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
3. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
4. What item does Bloody Mary sell to Americans?
5. Who raids the Barzan plantation demanding the return of all American goods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
2. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
3. What is Atabrine and what do the natives use it for?
4. How does the letter Bill Harbison writes to his wife compare to the one Timothy Hewitt writes to his wife?
5. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
6. What physical restrictions does Hoag encounter in the airstrip project on Konora?
7. How does Joe rationalize that Liat is not a native savage?
8. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
9. How does Joe lie when the men talk about becoming intimate with native girls?
10. What outrageous situation do the men encounter as they attempt to make their final landing in the beat-up aircraft?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)