|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He thinks of Liat.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He no longer wants to marry her.
2. What is the Bouncing Belch?
(c) Drinking game.
(d) Condemned plane.
3. How is the island of Konora shaped?
(a) Like a bent knee.
(b) Like an outstretched arm.
(c) Like a lightning bolt.
(d) Like a boomerang.
4. What nationality is the nun in #95?
5. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sacred pig ceremony.
(b) Funeral pyre.
(c) Sun god ceremony.
(d) Harvest god ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony kill during the night when they scratch on the metal of the plane?
2. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
3. For what is the island of Bali ha'i known?
4. The airstrip in #133 is under the command of _________________.
5. The American soldiers will trade their pig meat for _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
2. What is the true so-called "strike" of the story?
3. Who is Achilles Barzan and why is he a fugitive?
4. What are Bloody Mary's plans for Joe?
5. How is Bus overthrown for Tony Fry in Latouche's affections?
6. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
7. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
8. Who is Latouche Barzan and what is her relationship with Bus Adams?
9. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
10. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)