|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bloody Mary want Joe to do?
(a) Marry Liat.
(b) Buy knick knacks.
(c) Sell her black market cigarettes.
(d) Get her a boat.
2. Who is Latouhe's husband?
(a) Jacque Barzan.
(b) Achille Barzan.
(c) Phillippe Barzan.
(d) Emil Barzan.
3. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
(a) football player.
(c) choir boy.
4. What is a major source of American casualties during the South Pacific campaign?
(b) Bacterial infections.
(c) Attacks by Japanese suicide men.
5. In what type of ceremony does Tony Fry marry Latouhe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps Bloody Mary bargain with the American servicemen?
2. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
3. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
4. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
5. The husband of the woman in #145 is a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Paul Benoway decide on not censoring Timothy Hewitt's letters to his wife?
2. Under what circumstances does Latouche kill her husband?
3. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
4. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
5. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
6. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
7. How does Joe accept Liat's marriage to Benoit?
8. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
9. How is Bus overthrown for Tony Fry in Latouche's affections?
10. What outrageous situation do the men encounter as they attempt to make their final landing in the beat-up aircraft?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)