|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a boar?
(a) A male pig.
(b) A wooden ship.
(c) A carpenter tool.
(d) A mean person.
2. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
(a) Hawaiian shirt.
(c) Shark's teeth.
(d) Boar's tusk.
3. Who is Liat supposed to marry?
(a) Joe Cable.
(b) Jacques Benoit.
(c) An island boy.
(d) Larry Peterson.
4. The airstrip in #133 is under the command of _________________.
(a) Commander Hall.
(b) Commander Johnson.
(c) Commander Hoag.
(d) Commander Watson.
5. What is the Bouncing Belch?
(a) Drinking game.
(d) Condemned plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the pilot who lands on the new airstrip after his plane is damaged in a dogfight?
2. What rock is found in the hills on Konora?
3. What is so dangerous about the way Bus has to land the plane at Segi Point?
4. Who is Bill Harbison's wife?
5. Tony trades two cases of whiskey for ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
2. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
3. For what is Tony Fry well known and what does he convince Bus Adams to do to help him?
4. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
5. Why is Joe conflicted by his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's trading post?
6. What is Pearlstein's strategy to complete the airstrip?
7. How does the letter Bill Harbison writes to his wife compare to the one Timothy Hewitt writes to his wife?
8. What is the true so-called "strike" of the story?
9. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
10. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)