|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bloody Mary's daughter that had sex with Joe Cable?
2. The narrator is an officer at a _______________.
(a) vehicle pool.
(b) medics station.
(c) supply depot.
(d) mess tent.
3. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
(a) choir boy.
(c) football player.
4. What cloth does Benny give the natives that makes them very happy?
(c) Red parachutes.
5. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
(a) To buy whiskey.
(b) To send messages.
(c) To fly a mission.
(d) To be with Liat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
2. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
3. With what do the men fill the ravine in the middle of the island?
4. The drug Atabrine is also used as _______________.
5. Who is Tony's girlfriend who lives in Luana Pori?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Bloody Mary's plans for Joe?
2. What is Pearlstein's strategy to complete the airstrip?
3. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
4. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
5. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
6. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
7. How does Joe lie when the men talk about becoming intimate with native girls?
8. What is the irony of how Kelley's discipline benefits the navy but is disastrous in his personal life?
9. Who is Achilles Barzan and why is he a fugitive?
10. How does Dr. Paul Benoway decide on not censoring Timothy Hewitt's letters to his wife?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)