|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the supply depot being reinforced?
(a) Native break-ins.
(b) An approaching hurricane.
(c) Monsoon season.
(d) Japanese air attacks.
2. In addition to Dr. Paul Benoway, who survives a plane crash and time on a life raft?
(a) Eddie Wirtz.
(b) Lt. Bill Harbison.
(c) Tony Fox.
(d) Joe Cable.
3. Who is Latouche's sister?
4. What business does Tony Fry operate?
(a) Tony's Bar & Grill.
(b) Tony's Wine Mess.
(c) Tony's Last Chance.
(d) Tony's Tiki Hut.
5. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
(a) Sacred pig ceremony.
(b) Funeral pyre.
(c) Harvest god ceremony.
(d) Sun god ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Kelley's daughter die?
2. What do most men fear being drawn into during their military service?
3. What kind of mission are Tony, the narrator and Bus on?
4. What item of Luther Billis' fascinates Tony Fry?
5. Who is the chaplain in "A Boar's Tooth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the true so-called "strike" of the story?
2. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
3. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
4. Under what circumstances does Latouche kill her husband?
5. How does Joe lie when the men talk about becoming intimate with native girls?
6. How is Captain Kelley compared to Captain Bligh of the Bounty?
7. Why is Joe conflicted by his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's trading post?
8. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
9. What job is Commander Hoag ordered to complete on the tiny island of Konora?
10. How does Joe accept Liat's marriage to Benoit?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)