|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so dangerous about the way Bus has to land the plane at Segi Point?
(a) There is a monsoon.
(b) It has no wheels.
(c) There is really dense fog.
(d) They are almost out of fuel.
2. Latouche decides that Lt. Col. Haricot can be persuaded to marry _____________.
3. Who is Tony's girlfriend who lives in Luana Pori?
4. Joe falsely claims that he would not _________________.
(b) have sex with a native girl.
(c) smoke cigarettes.
(d) drink phony whiskey.
5. Which of the French sisters ends up pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what city does Captain Kelley come?
2. Luther Billis is described as looking somewhat like a ______________.
3. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
4. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
5. What does Tony kill during the night when they scratch on the metal of the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the true so-called "strike" of the story?
2. What physical restrictions does Hoag encounter in the airstrip project on Konora?
3. What are some of the stops Bus makes in order to find liquor for Tony?
4. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
5. What are the conditions that have the Seabees overworked and frazzled?
6. How does Joe lie when the men talk about becoming intimate with native girls?
7. Who is Lt. Joe Cable?
8. Under what circumstances does Latouche kill her husband?
9. Why is Joe conflicted by his orders to shut down Bloody Mary's trading post?
10. What are Bloody Mary's plans for Joe?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)