|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe tell about his affair with Liat?
(a) His fiance.
(b) No one.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His brother.
2. Where does Joe take Liat to lunch?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The beach.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A cave.
3. Why does Joe find it difficult to write a letter to his fiance?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He thinks of Liat.
(c) He no longer wants to marry her.
(d) He is ill.
4. Why does Atabrine Benny take Joe to Bali Ha'i?
(a) To fly a mission.
(b) To send messages.
(c) To be with Liat.
(d) To buy whiskey.
5. What island can the men see when the rain blew away the island mist?
(d) Bali Ha'i.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monsieur Jacques Benoit's position on the island?
2. Even though Bus Adams is a married man, he has a girlfriend in the South Pacific named _____________.
3. Admiral Kester orders an airstrip built on the tiny island of ____________.
4. What ceremony takes place on the island of Vanicoro?
5. Paul compared his survival of the plane crash as _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns does Lt. Pearlstein have about a ravine and a coral hill on Konora?
2. Who is Latouche Barzan and what is her relationship with Bus Adams?
3. How does the letter Bill Harbison writes to his wife compare to the one Timothy Hewitt writes to his wife?
4. How is Bus overthrown for Tony Fry in Latouche's affections?
5. What is Pearlstein's strategy to complete the airstrip?
6. What physical restrictions does Hoag encounter in the airstrip project on Konora?
7. What is the sacred pig ceremony that the men partake in?
8. Who is Bloody Mary and how did she get her name?
9. Why do Bus and Tony want to make a stop on the island of Luana Pori?
10. How does the chaplain compare the pig ceremony to some aspects of Christianity and how it goes against the American practices of consumption?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)