|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
(a) Killed in an air raid.
(b) Captured and released.
(c) Captured and rescued.
(d) Captured and presumably executed.
2. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Tony Fry.
(b) Nick Jones.
(c) Bud Albers.
(d) Freddie Meyers.
3. Who attacks the car with Emile and Nellie inside?
(a) Four American servicemen.
(b) Three Japanese soldiers.
(c) A group of natives.
(d) Two Australian sailors.
4. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
(a) Dinah Culbert.
(b) Mary Ann Morgan.
(c) Sarah Jane Steward.
(d) Mona Lou Henson.
5. Who is Emile De Becque?
(a) French pilot.
(b) Owner of a French plantation.
(c) French author.
(d) Restaurant chef.
6. What was Joe's job before the war?
7. During what time period does the narrator spend time in the South Pacific?
(a) Gulf War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War II.
8. What type of tree is famous for growing on Norfolk Island?
9. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(a) suicide boats.
10. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
(a) Maggie Sampson.
(b) Nellie Forbush.
(c) Sally Quinn.
(d) Lee Stern.
11. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
(b) Bali Hai.
12. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
(a) Bill Harbison.
(b) Tony Fry.
(d) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
13. What type of disease does Joe get?
14. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
15. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
2. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
3. What is Harbison's job on the island?
4. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
5. What item enables Joe to sleep better at night?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)