|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Seabee who helped Joe find girls?
(a) Mack Watson.
(b) Luther Billis.
(c) Eddie Franks.
(d) Joe Willoughby.
2. What type of disease does Joe get?
3. What is a PBY?
(a) Latrine duty.
(b) Amphibious seaplane.
(c) Partially Boiled Yak.
(d) Peanut Butter Yogurt.
4. What type of tree is famous for growing on Norfolk Island?
5. What item enables Joe to sleep better at night?
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) A fan.
6. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
7. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He didn't have any money.
(c) He had children with a so-called "nigger".
(d) He was too old for her.
8. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
(d) In awe.
9. What is Harbison forced to censor?
(a) Television programming.
(b) Military messages.
(c) Soldiers' letters.
(d) Soldiers' entertainment.
10. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
(a) Mona Lou Henson.
(b) Mary Ann Morgan.
(c) Sarah Jane Steward.
(d) Dinah Culbert.
11. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Slash.
(b) The Slot.
(c) The Alley.
(d) The Hairpin.
12. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Alice Morganstern.
(b) Maddie Willows.
(c) Essie Schultz.
(d) Laura Benton.
13. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
(a) Iwo Jima.
(b) The Phillippines.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
14. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Bud Albers.
(b) Freddie Meyers.
(c) Tony Fry.
(d) Nick Jones.
15. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
(a) United States.
(b) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks the car with Emile and Nellie inside?
2. What puts Harbison in a bad mood and makes him break up with the woman in #31?
3. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
4. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
5. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)