|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
(a) Lt. Commander Smith.
(b) Lt. Commander Weston.
(c) Lt. Commander Chamberlain.
(d) Lt. Commander Charlesworth.
2. What enrages Admiral Kester at one time?
(a) Monsoon season.
(b) Empty whiskey bottle.
(c) Cold coffee.
(d) A stuck zipper.
3. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
4. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
(a) Bill Harbison.
(c) Tony Fry.
(d) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
5. What is widely known about Harbison?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He was a social snob.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) He was epileptic.
6. Who is the Remittance Man?
(a) A procurement officer.
(b) A pay officer.
(c) A personnel officer.
(d) A shore watcher.
7. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
(a) The Phillippines.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
8. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
(a) Naked girls.
(b) Rebel flag.
(c) Beer bottles.
9. What disease do all the men on the small coral island have?
10. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
11. What type of disease does Joe get?
12. Emile tells Nellie that he had to leave Marseilles because he _______________.
(a) killed a man.
(b) was a thief.
(c) was a political incendiary.
(d) broke out of prison.
13. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
(b) New Zealand.
(d) United States.
14. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Freddie Meyers.
(b) Bud Albers.
(c) Tony Fry.
(d) Nick Jones.
15. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
2. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
3. What is Harbison forced to censor?
4. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
5. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)