|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
(b) The Phillippines.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
(a) St. Sebastian Church.
(b) Melanesian Mission building.
(c) Norfolk Island Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Grace Center.
3. What is LARU-8?
(a) A military handbook.
(b) A new type of tank.
(c) An aircraft repair unit.
(d) A spy code.
4. Who is the girl who wrote to Joe and then died in a car accident?
(a) Margaret Long.
(b) Alice Baker.
(c) Susan McKenzie.
(d) Patty Meyers.
5. Planes from what country initially come to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
(b) New Zealand.
6. What is the nationality of the Remittance Man?
7. What is Harbison's job on the island?
(a) Military vehicles officer.
(b) Mess Hall officer.
(c) Recreation officer.
(d) Procurement officer.
8. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
(a) Tia Christian.
(b) Fletcher Christian.
(c) Milania Christian.
(d) Teta Christian.
9. What type of disease does Joe get?
10. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
11. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
12. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
13. What type of tree is famous for growing on Norfolk Island?
14. What is a PBY?
(a) Latrine duty.
(b) Partially Boiled Yak.
(c) Peanut Butter Yogurt.
(d) Amphibious seaplane.
15. Who is the girl Tony Fry is having an affair with?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
2. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
3. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
4. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
5. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)