|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He was already married.
(c) He never wanted to get married.
(d) He was gay.
2. What are Emile's intentions toward Nellie?
(a) He wanted to break off the relationship.
(b) He wanted to marry her.
(c) He just wanted a fling.
(d) He wanted to see her exclusively.
3. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
(a) second helpings.
(b) easy pickins.
(c) war strategy.
(d) a milk run.
4. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Slot.
(b) The Alley.
(c) The Hairpin.
(d) The Slash.
5. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
(c) In awe.
6. What is LARU-8?
(a) A military handbook.
(b) A spy code.
(c) An aircraft repair unit.
(d) A new type of tank.
7. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Bud Albers.
(b) Freddie Meyers.
(c) Tony Fry.
(d) Nick Jones.
8. What type of jobs does Joe work on for the Skipper?
9. To whom does Nellie write a letter stating that she would marry him?
(b) Tony Fry.
(c) Bill Harbison.
(d) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
10. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
(a) He beat her.
(b) He was too old for her.
(c) He didn't have any money.
(d) He had children with a so-called "nigger".
11. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
(a) Air Force.
12. The women on the naval bases need extra security from ______________.
(d) rape attacks.
13. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
14. What is a PBY?
(a) Amphibious seaplane.
(b) Peanut Butter Yogurt.
(c) Partially Boiled Yak.
(d) Latrine duty.
15. Who was the famous captain on the ship, Bounty?
(a) Captain Weston.
(b) Captain Cook.
(c) Captain Alden.
(d) Captain Bligh.
Short Answer Questions
1. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
2. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
3. What do Lucy and Teta blow up on the island?
4. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
5. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)