|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puts Harbison in a bad mood and makes him break up with the woman in #31?
(a) His brother-in-law got another Army promotion.
(b) He got demoted from his position.
(c) His best friend was killed in Germany.
(d) He caught her with another man.
2. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Maddie Willows.
(b) Laura Benton.
(c) Essie Schultz.
(d) Alice Morganstern.
3. What enrages Admiral Kester at one time?
(a) Empty whiskey bottle.
(b) Monsoon season.
(c) Cold coffee.
(d) A stuck zipper.
4. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
(c) In awe.
5. Who attacks the car with Emile and Nellie inside?
(a) Three Japanese soldiers.
(b) Four American servicemen.
(c) A group of natives.
(d) Two Australian sailors.
6. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
7. What is the narrator ordered to do on Norfolk Island?
(a) Dig irrigation ditches.
(b) Set up communication stations.
(c) Cut down trees.
(d) Train soldiers.
8. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
9. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
(a) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
(c) Bill Harbison.
(d) Tony Fry.
10. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
(a) Nellie Forbush.
(b) Maggie Sampson.
(c) Lee Stern.
(d) Sally Quinn.
11. Who is the girl Tony Fry is having an affair with?
12. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
13. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Slot.
(b) The Slash.
(c) The Hairpin.
(d) The Alley.
14. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
15. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of disease does Joe get?
2. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
3. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
4. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
5. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)