|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
(a) A cave.
(b) A stone building.
(c) A tent.
(d) A hut.
2. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
(c) Bali Hai.
3. What are Emile's intentions toward Nellie?
(a) He just wanted a fling.
(b) He wanted to see her exclusively.
(c) He wanted to marry her.
(d) He wanted to break off the relationship.
4. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
5. What is a Japanese AKA boat?
(a) Troop transfer ship.
(c) Missile launcher.
6. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
(a) The Christians.
(b) The Mutiny people.
(c) The Powanees.
(d) The Bounty people.
7. Emile tells Nellie that he had to leave Marseilles because he _______________.
(a) broke out of prison.
(b) killed a man.
(c) was a political incendiary.
(d) was a thief.
8. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
(a) Captain Eddie Martin.
(b) Captain James Morgan.
(c) Captain Samuel Kelley.
(d) Captain Joe Sullenbarger.
9. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Iwo Jima.
(d) The Phillippines.
10. Who was the famous captain on the ship, Bounty?
(a) Captain Cook.
(b) Captain Bligh.
(c) Captain Alden.
(d) Captain Weston.
11. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Essie Schultz.
(b) Maddie Willows.
(c) Laura Benton.
(d) Alice Morganstern.
12. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
13. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was already married.
(d) He never wanted to get married.
14. What drink does Tony Fry always have available?
15. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
(a) He had children with a so-called "nigger".
(b) He beat her.
(c) He didn't have any money.
(d) He was too old for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
2. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
3. How many months has Joe been stationed on the small coral island?
4. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
5. Who is the Remittance Man?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)