|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what island is Bill Harbison stationed?
2. Who is the Remittance Man?
(a) A procurement officer.
(b) A pay officer.
(c) A personnel officer.
(d) A shore watcher.
3. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
4. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
(a) Air Force.
5. What do Lucy and Teta blow up on the island?
(a) A retaining wall.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A bar.
(d) A church.
6. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
(a) Tia Christian.
(b) Fletcher Christian.
(c) Teta Christian.
(d) Milania Christian.
7. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
8. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
9. What are the only things destroyed in building the airstrip?
(a) Pine trees.
(b) Native homes.
(c) A church.
(d) Stone buildings.
10. What is the nationality of the Remittance Man?
11. Where do soldiers and navy personnel spend much of their time in the South Pacific?
(c) Small islands.
12. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
(a) Freddie Meyers.
(b) Bud Albers.
(c) Tony Fry.
(d) Nick Jones.
13. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
14. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Phillippines.
(c) Iwo Jima.
15. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Norfolk Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
2. How many months has Joe been stationed on the small coral island?
3. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
4. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
5. Why does Nellie call off her marriage to Emile?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)