|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator sent in April of 1942?
(a) Aleutian Islands.
(b) Vanicoro Island.
(c) The Phillippines.
(d) Bora Bora.
2. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
3. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Hairpin.
(b) The Alley.
(c) The Slot.
(d) The Slash.
4. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
(b) Naked girls.
(c) Beer bottles.
(d) Rebel flag.
5. In whom does Emile De Becque take a romantic interest?
6. Who is the Remittance Man?
(a) A procurement officer.
(b) A pay officer.
(c) A personnel officer.
(d) A shore watcher.
7. Who is the girl Tony Fry is having an affair with?
8. What do Lucy and Teta blow up on the island?
(a) A retaining wall.
(b) A bar.
(c) A church.
(d) A bulldozer.
9. To whom does Nellie write a letter stating that she would marry him?
(a) Bill Harbison.
(b) Tony Fry.
(c) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
10. What type of tree is famous for growing on Norfolk Island?
11. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
(a) In awe.
12. Why is Nellie upset about Emile's half-Polynesian daughters?
(a) She didn't know he had children.
(b) She thought they were so young.
(c) She saw scars on the children.
(d) She considered them half black.
13. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
14. Emile tells Nellie that he had to leave Marseilles because he _______________.
(a) was a political incendiary.
(b) broke out of prison.
(c) killed a man.
(d) was a thief.
15. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of disease does Joe get?
2. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
3. What are Emile's intentions toward Nellie?
4. What is LARU-8?
5. Who is the girl who wrote to Joe and then died in a car accident?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)