|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator sent in April of 1942?
(a) Bora Bora.
(b) The Phillippines.
(c) Aleutian Islands.
(d) Vanicoro Island.
2. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
(a) The Phillippines.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
3. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
(a) Beer bottles.
(b) Rebel flag.
(d) Naked girls.
4. What do Lucy and Teta blow up on the island?
(a) A church.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A bar.
(d) A retaining wall.
5. Emile tells Nellie that he had to leave Marseilles because he _______________.
(a) was a thief.
(b) broke out of prison.
(c) was a political incendiary.
(d) killed a man.
6. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
(a) Tia Christian.
(b) Milania Christian.
(c) Teta Christian.
(d) Fletcher Christian.
7. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
8. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
9. Who is the girl who wrote to Joe and then died in a car accident?
(a) Alice Baker.
(b) Susan McKenzie.
(c) Patty Meyers.
(d) Margaret Long.
10. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He was already married.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He never wanted to get married.
(d) He was gay.
11. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(c) suicide boats.
12. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
13. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Norfolk Island.
14. What was Joe's job before the war?
15. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
(a) enemy planes.
(c) news headlines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lt. Bus Adams shot down?
2. What enrages Admiral Kester at one time?
3. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
4. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
5. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)