|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
(b) Norfolk Island.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
2. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
(a) Melanesian Mission building.
(b) The Grace Center.
(c) St. Sebastian Church.
(d) Norfolk Island Presbyterian Church.
3. What disease do all the men on the small coral island have?
4. Who was the famous captain on the ship, Bounty?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(b) Captain Weston.
(c) Captain Cook.
(d) Captain Alden.
5. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
(b) In awe.
6. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
(a) Lee Stern.
(b) Sally Quinn.
(c) Maggie Sampson.
(d) Nellie Forbush.
7. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
(a) Missile launchers.
(c) Cruise ships.
8. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Alley.
(b) The Slash.
(c) The Hairpin.
(d) The Slot.
9. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
10. Who is the Seabee who helped Joe find girls?
(a) Mack Watson.
(b) Eddie Franks.
(c) Joe Willoughby.
(d) Luther Billis.
11. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He never wanted to get married.
(b) He didn't love her.
(c) He was gay.
(d) He was already married.
12. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
(a) Mary Ann Morgan.
(b) Sarah Jane Steward.
(c) Dinah Culbert.
(d) Mona Lou Henson.
13. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
(a) A tent.
(b) A stone building.
(c) A hut.
(d) A cave.
14. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
15. Where do soldiers and navy personnel spend much of their time in the South Pacific?
(a) Small islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What design does Admiral Kester order removed from a plane?
2. What is Captain Kelley's notable demeanor?
3. What puts Harbison in a bad mood and makes him break up with the woman in #31?
4. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
5. Who does Bus drink whiskey with after his rescue?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)