|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item enables Joe to sleep better at night?
(a) A fan.
(b) Sleeping pills.
2. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
3. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
(a) news headlines.
(d) enemy planes.
4. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
5. What is Harbison's job on the island?
(a) Military vehicles officer.
(b) Recreation officer.
(c) Procurement officer.
(d) Mess Hall officer.
6. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Maddie Willows.
(b) Essie Schultz.
(c) Laura Benton.
(d) Alice Morganstern.
7. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Phillippines.
8. What do Lucy and Teta blow up on the island?
(a) A retaining wall.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A bar.
(d) A church.
9. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
(a) Captured and presumably executed.
(b) Killed in an air raid.
(c) Captured and rescued.
(d) Captured and released.
10. Who is the Seabee who helped Joe find girls?
(a) Eddie Franks.
(b) Luther Billis.
(c) Joe Willoughby.
(d) Mack Watson.
11. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
12. What is the timing of the Alligator initiative?
(a) December 1941.
(b) August 1943.
(c) November 1942.
(d) June 1943.
13. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
(a) Missile launchers.
(b) Cruise ships.
14. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
(a) Nellie Forbush.
(b) Maggie Sampson.
(c) Lee Stern.
(d) Sally Quinn.
15. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
2. Whose farm does the narrator and Tony Fry visit?
3. Emile tells Nellie that he had to leave Marseilles because he _______________.
4. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
5. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)