|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
(a) Mona Lou Henson.
(b) Mary Ann Morgan.
(c) Sarah Jane Steward.
(d) Dinah Culbert.
2. How old is Teta Christian at the time the narrator visited Norfolk Island?
3. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(b) suicide boats.
4. Where is Lt. Bus Adams shot down?
(a) Over Segi Point.
(b) Over Efate Island.
(c) Over Norfolk Island.
(d) Over Korea.
5. In "Alligator", U.S. Admirals plot an attack on the Japanese-held island of ______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Norfolk Island.
6. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Slash.
(b) The Slot.
(c) The Hairpin.
(d) The Alley.
7. What is the code name of the secret mission in "Alligator"?
8. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
(a) Captured and presumably executed.
(b) Captured and rescued.
(c) Captured and released.
(d) Killed in an air raid.
9. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
(a) United States.
(b) New Zealand.
10. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
11. What type of disease does Joe get?
12. What is the nationality of the Remittance Man?
13. In whom does Emile De Becque take a romantic interest?
14. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
(a) Norfolk Island Presbyterian Church.
(b) Melanesian Mission building.
(c) The Grace Center.
(d) St. Sebastian Church.
15. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
(b) enemy planes.
(d) news headlines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months has Joe been stationed on the small coral island?
2. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
3. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
4. Who was the famous captain on the ship, Bounty?
5. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)