|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at a premium on the small coral island?
2. What church is the narrator shown on Norfolk Island?
(a) Melanesian Mission building.
(b) St. Sebastian Church.
(c) Norfolk Island Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Grace Center.
3. In whom does Emile De Becque take a romantic interest?
4. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
(a) The Slash.
(b) The Hairpin.
(c) The Alley.
(d) The Slot.
5. Where are Admiral Kester's headquarters located?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Phillippines.
6. Planes from what country initially come to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
(d) New Zealand.
7. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
(a) Clean his weapon.
(b) Serve KP duty.
(c) Sleep under mosquito nets.
(d) Salute an officer.
8. What type of disease does Joe get?
9. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Essie Schultz.
(b) Alice Morganstern.
(c) Maddie Willows.
(d) Laura Benton.
10. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(b) suicide boats.
11. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
12. What enrages Admiral Kester at one time?
(a) A stuck zipper.
(b) Monsoon season.
(c) Cold coffee.
(d) Empty whiskey bottle.
13. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
(a) The Phillippines.
(b) Iwo Jima.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
14. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
(a) Captain Joe Sullenbarger.
(b) Captain Samuel Kelley.
(c) Captain Eddie Martin.
(d) Captain James Morgan.
15. Admiral Kester is the leader of the attack on the island of ____________.
(c) Bali Hai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Tony Fry always have available?
2. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
3. What is a Japanese AKA boat?
4. What is Harbison's job on the island?
5. What is widely known about Harbison?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)