Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
2. Attacking an already-bombed Japanese-held island is called _________________.
(a) a milk run.
(b) easy pickins.
(c) war strategy.
(d) second helpings.
3. What puts Harbison in a bad mood and makes him break up with the woman in #31?
(a) He got demoted from his position.
(b) His best friend was killed in Germany.
(c) He caught her with another man.
(d) His brother-in-law got another Army promotion.
4. What is a PBY?
(a) Partially Boiled Yak.
(b) Amphibious seaplane.
(c) Peanut Butter Yogurt.
(d) Latrine duty.
5. What is the timing of the Alligator initiative?
(a) August 1943.
(b) December 1941.
(c) June 1943.
(d) November 1942.
6. What is Harbison's job on the island?
(a) Procurement officer.
(b) Recreation officer.
(c) Military vehicles officer.
(d) Mess Hall officer.
7. Who is the Remittance Man?
(a) A procurement officer.
(b) A pay officer.
(c) A personnel officer.
(d) A shore watcher.
8. What is the Remittance Man's nickname?
9. What college did Harbison's wife attend?
10. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He never wanted to get married.
(d) He was already married.
11. What drink does Tony Fry always have available?
12. What are Emile's intentions toward Nellie?
(a) He wanted to marry her.
(b) He wanted to see her exclusively.
(c) He wanted to break off the relationship.
(d) He just wanted a fling.
13. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
(a) Salute an officer.
(b) Sleep under mosquito nets.
(c) Serve KP duty.
(d) Clean his weapon.
14. Who assumes command of the Alligator initiative?
(a) Captain James Morgan.
(b) Captain Samuel Kelley.
(c) Captain Eddie Martin.
(d) Captain Joe Sullenbarger.
15. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator becomes a courier for battle plans sent to _______________.
2. Who does Nellie ultimately decide to marry?
3. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
4. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
5. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)