|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
(a) The Mutiny people.
(b) The Powanees.
(c) The Christians.
(d) The Bounty people.
2. Who is the narrator's commander in The Cave?
(a) Lt. Commander Chamberlain.
(b) Lt. Commander Charlesworth.
(c) Lt. Commander Weston.
(d) Lt. Commander Smith.
3. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
(a) Clean his weapon.
(b) Sleep under mosquito nets.
(c) Salute an officer.
(d) Serve KP duty.
4. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
(a) Killed in an air raid.
(b) Captured and rescued.
(c) Captured and presumably executed.
(d) Captured and released.
5. Who is the Seabee who helped Joe find girls?
(a) Joe Willoughby.
(b) Luther Billis.
(c) Mack Watson.
(d) Eddie Franks.
6. Who ultimately comes to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
(a) Lt. Commander Meyers.
(b) Lt. Commander Aldrin.
(c) Lt. Commander Weston.
(d) Lt. Commander Charlesworth.
7. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
(a) Mary Ann Morgan.
(b) Sarah Jane Steward.
(c) Dinah Culbert.
(d) Mona Lou Henson.
8. Planes from what country initially come to Bus' rescue when he is shot down?
(b) New Zealand.
9. What is widely known about Harbison?
(a) He was a social snob.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) He was epileptic.
10. The station sends out regular radio reports daily on ___________ and the weather.
(b) news headlines.
(d) enemy planes.
11. During what time period does the narrator spend time in the South Pacific?
(a) Gulf War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) Korean War.
12. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
13. To whom does Nellie write a letter stating that she would marry him?
(b) Tony Fry.
(c) Her boyfriend in Alabama.
(d) Bill Harbison.
14. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
15. PT boats are sometimes characterized as ________________.
(b) suicide boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator ordered to do on Norfolk Island?
2. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
3. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
4. What is Nellie Forbush's job?
5. What is Tony Fry's demeanor toward the Navy and Annapolis Academy traditions?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)