|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease do all the men on the small coral island have?
2. From whom does Joe get his first letter sent by a girl?
(a) Laura Benton.
(b) Maddie Willows.
(c) Essie Schultz.
(d) Alice Morganstern.
3. Who is the Seabee who helped Joe find girls?
(a) Mack Watson.
(b) Luther Billis.
(c) Eddie Franks.
(d) Joe Willoughby.
4. What is a Japanese AKA boat?
(c) Troop transfer ship.
(d) Missile launcher.
5. What does Harbison provide to the nurses who arrive on Efate Island?
6. What does Joe refuse to do that results in his being threatened with court martial?
(a) Sleep under mosquito nets.
(b) Serve KP duty.
(c) Salute an officer.
(d) Clean his weapon.
7. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
8. What is the narrator ordered to do on Norfolk Island?
(a) Dig irrigation ditches.
(b) Set up communication stations.
(c) Cut down trees.
(d) Train soldiers.
9. How many months has Joe been stationed on the small coral island?
10. From what U.S. state does Nellie come?
11. What is the malaria treatment drug that the men thought would cause them to lose their virility?
12. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
(a) The Christians.
(b) The Mutiny people.
(c) The Powanees.
(d) The Bounty people.
13. Where is the narrator sent in April of 1942?
(a) Aleutian Islands.
(b) Vanicoro Island.
(c) The Phillippines.
(d) Bora Bora.
14. What country is saved with the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
(b) New Zealand.
(d) United States.
15. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He was already married.
(c) He didn't love her.
(d) He never wanted to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Tony Fry always have available?
2. What is LARU-8?
3. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
4. Who is the nurse Harbison dates who is 20 years older than he?
5. What college did Harbison's wife attend?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)