|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 69-98, The Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
2. On what kind of boat does Tony go out on some patrols?
(b) Cruise ships.
(d) Missile launchers.
3. Who is the 22-year-old nurse that Harbison started to date?
(a) Nellie Forbush.
(b) Sally Quinn.
(c) Maggie Sampson.
(d) Lee Stern.
4. Who built many of the buildings on Norfolk Island?
5. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch of the military does Bill Harbison serve?
2. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
3. Who are the people associated with Fletcher Christian who settled on Norfolk Island?
4. Fighting the war in the South Pacific is different from fighting the war in Europe and __________.
5. During what time period does the narrator spend time in the South Pacific?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)