|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 69-98, The Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the Remittance Man?
(a) Captured and rescued.
(b) Killed in an air raid.
(c) Captured and presumably executed.
(d) Captured and released.
2. Why does Harbison tell the woman in #33 that he could not marry her after the war?
(a) He didn't love her.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He never wanted to get married.
(d) He was already married.
3. What puts Harbison in a bad mood and makes him break up with the woman in #31?
(a) He got demoted from his position.
(b) His brother-in-law got another Army promotion.
(c) He caught her with another man.
(d) His best friend was killed in Germany.
4. On what island is Bill Harbison stationed?
5. Where is the narrator ordered to go to manage a situation regarding a crucial airstrip?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what kind of liquor does Lt. Grant celebrate the destruction of the Japanese fleet?
2. What is widely known about Harbison?
3. Where does Lieutenant Tony Fry want to set up his headquarters?
4. What is the nickname for the passage to Guadalcanal?
5. From what disease do many of the men stationed near the Coral Sea suffer?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)