|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of the boy's aunt and uncle?
(a) Annabelle and Joe.
(b) Eva and Bill.
(c) Ophelia and Frank.
(d) Lucy and Fred.
2. What is the name of the mysterious force?
3. What was the name of the half-breed?
4. The narrator likes the symphonic strains of ______.
(b) Peter Wolf.
(c) Planet Suites.
(d) The Four Seasons.
5. Which of the following adjectives is not used to describe the teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character from a previous story is mentioned?
2. What was the surname of the first occupant of the house?
3. Whose house was located on the Aylesbury Pike?
4. What is the name of the missing pilot?
5. What is the name of the priest that vanished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Professor Gardner at Rick's Lake? Who takes on Gardner's case?
2. Who are Phillip and Julian Haughtree? What is their profession? What happens to Julian? What is the cause of Julian's issue? What happens to Julian regarding medical care?
3. What is the prequel to The Shadow from the Steeple? In The Shadow from the Steeple Fiske arrives on the scene with a specific focus. What is Fiske's focus?
4. What item has deeply affected Josiah Alwyn? What is Grandfather Alwyn's obsession?
5. Who are the main characters in the story In My Boat? Who is the protagonist? Where did the characters meet?
6. What was unusual about Georg Fischer's father? What unusual tragedies have happened to Georg Fischer's family?
7. What does Dorgan find when he goes searching for Gardner? What are Gardner's instructions?
8. Who is Dr. Ambrose Dexter? Why is he important in the story? What does Fiske find when he meets Dexter?
9. Phillip discovers Julian's secret activity. What is the activity? What is Phillip's reaction?
10. Who is Professor Upton Gardner? How does he become involved in the mystery at Rick's Lake?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)