|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the brutal murder take place?
(a) Shopping mall.
(b) Railway station.
2. What famous author dies in The Terror From the Depths?
3. What is the name associated with the ancient item?
4. The character came from which country?
5. Whose house was located on the Aylesbury Pike?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Burying Ground is located on which street?
2. What were the names of the boy's aunt and uncle?
3. The narrator likes the symphonic strains of ______.
4. In what year did a major event happen on Gallow's Hill?
5. In what year did Bowen purchase the Free-Will Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the quest for Lang and Urquart seem fruitless and hopeless?
2. What happens when Cousin Frank Osborne arrives? Who is the first to disappear? What is determined by Willie?
3. Who are the main characters in the story In My Boat? Who is the protagonist? Where did the characters meet?
4. Who is Albert Wilmarth? Why is he an important part of the story?
5. Who is Professor Upton Gardner? How does he become involved in the mystery at Rick's Lake?
6. Who is Dr. Ambrose Dexter? Why is he important in the story? What does Fiske find when he meets Dexter?
7. What item has deeply affected Josiah Alwyn? What is Grandfather Alwyn's obsession?
8. What happens when Strutt meets the proprietor of the book shop? What is Strutt's reaction?
9. What happens to the writer's translator friend when he begins to read the Latin text of De Vermis Mysteriis?
10. What were some of the things that could serve as proof of the threshold and what lay beyond?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)