|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Phillip's brother and writing partner?
2. What is the name of the unlikeable teacher?
3. What was the name of the half-breed?
4. What is the name of the mysterious force?
5. What is the name of the lumber baron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Urquart is associated with which of the following ranks?
2. What accessory is always worn by the brother after his encounter?
3. Where is Innsmouth?
4. The main character in the tale titled In My Boat dreams about being what age?
5. The narrator in The Terror From the Depths is _____ Reuter Fischer.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in The Shambler from the Stars? What is his main focus?
2. In the story Cold Print, the main character is Strutt. Who is Strutt? What is his personality?
3. What happens to the writer's translator friend when he begins to read the Latin text of De Vermis Mysteriis?
4. Who is Professor Upton Gardner? How does he become involved in the mystery at Rick's Lake?
5. Who is Dr. Ambrose Dexter? Why is he important in the story? What does Fiske find when he meets Dexter?
6. What happens when Cousin Frank Osborne arrives? Who is the first to disappear? What is determined by Willie?
7. Who is Albert Wilmarth? Why is he an important part of the story?
8. Why is Willie sent to Uncle Fred and Aunt Lucy's farm? What does Willie find that frightens him?
9. What does Dorgan find when he goes searching for Gardner? What are Gardner's instructions?
10. What happens when Carson discovers the secret room? Who turns up in the room due to an element of evil activity? Who rids the house of the entity?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)