|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The witch-people were supposedly from which region?
2. Chalmers accidentally attracts the attention of which of the following?
(c) Time keepers.
3. Which group supposedly lived in the valley with the Magyars?
4. The narrator is hired in part because he is fluent in which language?
5. What was the name of the university in which Angell taught?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the religious sect?
2. What word is used to describe Carnby's house?
3. What major natural disaster strikes?
4. What item inside the church let the man know that it had been recently used?
5. What is the name of the protagonist in The Hounds of Tindalos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the main character in The Call of Cthulhu? What is his relationship to the deceased character? How does the initial discovery occur?
2. What happens to Henry Wells in the woods?
3. How does Chalmers explain the existence of the Fourth Dimension to Frank?
4. How did Angell first come into contact with the statue? Who had approached Angell and for what purpose? What information was given to the statue's owner?
5. What does the narrator see during his night by the Black Stone?
6. What is the supposed history of the Black Stone? Has the theory been proven?
7. The opening quote in the story is written by Justin Geoffrey. Who is Justin Geoffrey and how does he relate to the story?
8. What book is Carnby asked to translate? Why is the book different from the other versions? What passages interest Carnby the most?
9. Who is the main character in The Haunter of the Dark? Where has this character previously appeared? Where does the character go at the beginning of the story?
10. Describe John Carnby. What kind of work does he do? Where does he live? How is the house described?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)