|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man's employer?
2. What is the name of the neighborhood where Blake resides?
(b) Mount Morenci.
(c) Federal Hill.
(d) Telegraph Hill.
3. What is the name of the ancient city mentioned in The Return of the Sorcerer?
(a) Mhu Thulan.
4. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
5. What is the name of the village located near the Black Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The object may have belonged to the members of which ancient civilization?
2. In what year was Junzt's book originally published?
3. Where is the Black Stone located?
4. The witch-people were supposedly from which region?
5. The group lived in which hilly region?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Paul Tregardis find the crystal in Ubbo-Sathla? What is Paul Tregardis' first impression of the crystal?
2. The opening quote in the story is written by Justin Geoffrey. Who is Justin Geoffrey and how does he relate to the story?
3. What difficulties does the narrator have in learning more about the Black Stone and Stregoicavar?
4. Tregardis is shocked by the explanation and quickly thinks about the Book of Eibon. What is the Book of Eibon? Why is it important?
5. What does the narrator see during his night by the Black Stone?
6. The narrator found mention of the Black Stone in Von Junzt's work. What did Von Junzt write about the obelisk?
7. What is the supposed history of the Black Stone? Has the theory been proven?
8. Frank watches as Chalmers goes into a trance-like state. Chalmers reveals to Frank everything he sees in the Fourth Dimension. What are some of the things Chalmers sees?
9. What happened when the Great Old Ones were resurrected? Who was involved in the incident that followed?
10. What happens to Howard after Wells is set adrift?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)