|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carnby seems to be most interested in which time period?
(b) Dark Ages.
2. What was the name of the luminous stone featured in The Haunter of the Dark?
(a) Bright Mica.
(b) Glowing Quartz.
(c) Shining Trapezohedron.
(d) Illuminated Igneous.
3. What is the name of the protagonist in The Space Eaters?
4. Which group of scientists attempted to decipher the writing on the black stone?
5. What supposedly killed Blake?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group supposedly lived in the valley with the Magyars?
2. The Call of Cthulhu takes place in which capital city?
3. What is the name of the narrator in The Return of the Sorcerer?
4. The group lived in which hilly region?
5. In The Haunter of the Dark, a man becomes interested in which of the following locations?
Short Essay Questions
1. The narrator found mention of the Black Stone in Von Junzt's work. What did Von Junzt write about the obelisk?
2. Examine the scene in which Blake climbs to the tower of the church. What does Blake see? How is Blake affected? What is Blake's opinion on what happened?
3. Discuss the basic premise of The Hounds of Tindalos.
4. Who was Von Junzt? What was his claim to fame?
5. What happened when the Great Old Ones were resurrected? Who was involved in the incident that followed?
6. Who is the main character in The Haunter of the Dark? Where has this character previously appeared? Where does the character go at the beginning of the story?
7. Castro tells the group about the Great Old Ones. Who are the Great Old Ones? Where did they live? What was the group waiting for and how did they communicate with the outside world?
8. Who is Ogden? Why does he go to work for John Carnby? What is the nature of Ogden's job?
9. Describe John Carnby. What kind of work does he do? Where does he live? How is the house described?
10. Von Junzt's reference to Dostmann leads the narrator in which direction?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)