|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The black stone reminds the narrator of a similar stone found in which remote region?
(a) Brazilian rainforest.
(d) African jungle.
2. What does Carnby want to do with his brother?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Reanimate him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Vindicate hhim.
3. What supposedly killed Blake?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Police officer.
4. The Black Stone is rumored to have been erected in honor of which famous man?
(b) Ghengis Khan.
(c) Atilla the Hun.
(d) Pol Pot.
5. The witch-people were supposedly from which region?
6. What word is used to describe Carnby's eyes?
7. What is the name of the protagonist in The Hounds of Tindalos?
8. What language did the employer use when translating the book?
9. What is the name of the strange man introduced in the beginning of the story?
(b) Von Junzt.
(c) Van Helman.
10. Carnby seems to be most interested in which time period?
(c) Dark Ages.
11. What was the name of the university in which Angell taught?
12. What famous book is mentioned in the story?
(a) Ahkashic Records.
(c) TIbetan Book of the Dead.
(d) Alistair Crowley's biography.
13. The character, afraid, realizes that he must remove which of the following from his house?
14. Carny says that he has made a list out of studying ______ and sorcery.
15. What is the name of the sorcerer in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Call of Cthulhu which is not one of the cities mentioned?
2. Which of the following is not on the table in Carnby's house?
3. What is the name of the author's best friend?
4. In what city does The Haunter of the Dark take place?
5. Which group supposedly lived in the valley with the Magyars?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)