|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angell served as professor emeritus in which university department?
(c) Marine Biology.
(d) Semitic Languages.
2. What word is used to describe Carnby's eyes?
3. What is Wells' first name?
4. What is the name of the strange man introduced in the beginning of the story?
(a) Van Helman.
(b) Von Junzt.
5. The Black Stone is also referred to by which of the following?
(b) Big rock.
6. What was the name of the luminous stone featured in The Haunter of the Dark?
(a) Bright Mica.
(b) Shining Trapezohedron.
(c) Illuminated Igneous.
(d) Glowing Quartz.
7. The narrator buys which unusually large object at an antiquities shop?
8. In what year was Junzt's book originally published?
9. The Black Stone is rumored to have been erected in honor of which famous man?
(a) Ghengis Khan.
(b) Pol Pot.
(d) Atilla the Hun.
10. What does Carnby want to do with his brother?
(a) Vindicate hhim.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Reanimate him.
(d) Kill him.
11. What is the name of the man's employer?
12. What type of ancient writings accompanied the statue?
13. Olaus Wormius is written in which language?
14. What is the name of the narrator in The Return of the Sorcerer?
15. Which district of the city receives the most damage?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Call of Cthulhu, what item is supposedly evil?
2. Chalmers understands that he can be chased throughout ______.
3. The vile extraterrestrial was rumored to be afraid of which of the following?
4. What is the name of the ship involved in the attack?
5. What adjective is used to describe the black stone and the similar rock?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)