Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
2. While they wait for Lexy in the car, what does Norman hint that he wants from Mary Ann?
3. How does Vincent kill himself?
4. When DeDe returns home after losing weight, what does Beauchamp tell her?
5. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
Essay Topic 1
The one nuclear family in the book include the Halcyons: Edgar, Frannie, DeDe, and Beauchamp (by marriage). How does the author portray this family? Based on this portrayal, what can the reader infer about the author's view of family?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall style of the book, "Tales of the City." Make sure your answer includes the following:
1. How the short chapters contribute to the style.
2. The chapters alternate between different characters. How does this impact the style of the book?
3. Many chapters have cliffhanger endings. How does this impact the style of the book?
Essay Topic 3
"Tales of the City" is a book with a lot of characters. Discuss how the author's use of dialogue contribute to the reader's understanding of the characters in the novel.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)