|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
2. How does Vincent kill himself?
3. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
4. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
5. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the theme of human frailty is explored in "Tales of the City." Give examples of the book to support your discussion on theme and make sure that you define theme.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Mary Ann assert her independence in the novel? In what ways does DeDe assert her independence? Are there similarities between the growth of these two female characters? What are they? Give specific examples of the growth and independence of Mary Ann and DeDe.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of the nature of family in terms of the following two relationships: Mona and Mrs. Madrigal, Michael and Mona. What do these relationships signify about the author's view of family?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)