Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
2. While they wait for Lexy in the car, what does Norman hint that he wants from Mary Ann?
3. How does Vincent kill himself?
4. When DeDe returns home after losing weight, what does Beauchamp tell her?
5. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
In what ways does Mary Ann assert her independence in the novel? In what ways does DeDe assert her independence? Are there similarities between the growth of these two female characters? What are they? Give specific examples of the growth and independence of Mary Ann and DeDe.
Discuss the significance of the chapter titles throughout the novel. Choose at least 3 chapter titles and explain their layers of meaning, providing examples from the book to support your statements.
How does Edgar's attitude toward his wife, Frannie, change over the course of the novel? Give specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)