|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mary Ann go trick or treating?
(a) Brian and Connie.
(b) Michael and Jon.
(c) Norman and Lexy.
(d) Mona and D'orothea.
2. When he goes to a bathhouse after a boring dinner party, with whom does Jon have intercourse?
3. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
(a) He cries in Mona's arms.
(b) He leaves for a bathhouse.
(c) He celebrates with a drink.
(d) He surrenders to a hug in Jon's arms.
4. What does Michael's father call homosexuals?
5. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
(a) Creates ad campaigns.
(b) Writes restaurant reviews.
(c) Ministers at a gospel church.
(d) Sells organic vitamins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brian first invites Mary Ann to join him for a joint after her shift at the switchboard, how does she react?
2. Where does DeDe go for a "$2500 transformation?"
3. What is Candi's job?
4. Why does Vincent decide not to slit his wrists?
5. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
2. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
3. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
4. What two things does Mona do in an attempt to make something of her relationship with D'orothea?
5. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
6. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
7. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
8. What happens during the encounter between DeDe and Carson Callas?
9. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
10. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)