|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vincent kill himself?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He shots himself.
(c) He overdoses on drugs.
(d) He hangs himself.
2. After hearing that Williams called Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar?
(a) She is a con artist.
(b) She is a liar.
(c) She is a married woman.
(d) She is a madam.
3. What is the name of the pushy client who calls Norman while he eats breakfast?
(a) Mrs. Bradshaw.
(b) Mrs. Ramsey.
(c) Mrs. Tolliver.
(d) Mrs. Singleton.
4. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
(a) Norman is a busy body.
(b) Norman is helpful.
(c) Norman is menacing.
(d) Norman is clever.
5. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
(a) Mary Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
2. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
3. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
4. Who is the father of DeDe's baby?
5. When Mary Ann breaks into Norman's apartment, where does she look?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly summarize what happens to Brian at the Treasure Island Trailer Court.
2. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
3. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
4. Why does Vincent take Mary Ann into account when he decides how to kill himself?
5. What information is revealed during the conversation with Mona and D'orothea's father at the factory?
6. What happens when Mona tells Michael that she is moving out?
7. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
8. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
9. What do Mona and D'orothea argue about after Mona already moved in with D'orothea?
10. Briefly recount the story that Mrs. Madrigal tells Edgar after they make love on his first visit to her home.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)