|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
(a) She knows he had sex with Lexy.
(b) She wants to start a relationship with him.
(c) She knows he is a private investigator.
(d) She fears that he ran out of money.
2. After Michael and Brian have an unsuccessful cruising expedition, where do they go?
(a) A bathhouse.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) Mona's new apartment.
(d) Barbary Lane.
3. What is the reason D'orothea tells Brian that she is in San Francisco?
(a) To have a fresh start with life.
(b) To start a new job.
(c) To resume her past relationship.
(d) To live somewhere warm.
4. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
(a) Norman is menacing.
(b) Norman is a busy body.
(c) Norman is clever.
(d) Norman is helpful.
5. What is the main reason that Norman calls Paul for in the film shoot?
(a) Norman is an actor.
(b) Norman wants to be famous.
(c) Norman needs money.
(d) Norman wants to talk with Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
2. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
3. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
4. After hearing that Mona moved out, what does Mrs. Madrigal question Michael about?
5. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
2. Why does Vincent take Mary Ann into account when he decides how to kill himself?
3. Briefly summarize what happens to Brian at the Treasure Island Trailer Court.
4. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
5. Explain what D'orothea tells Brian when they go for drinks after first meeting in the restaurant.
6. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
7. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
8. What happens when Mona tells Michael that she is moving out?
9. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
10. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)