|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
(a) Binky cannot keep a secret.
(b) DeDe must already be showing.
(c) Beauchamp found out and told him.
(d) Carson is good at guessing.
2. After Michael and Brian have an unsuccessful cruising expedition, where do they go?
(a) Barbary Lane.
(b) Mona's new apartment.
(c) A bathhouse.
(d) A coffee shop.
3. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
(a) Questions about her abortion.
(b) Questions about art appreciation.
(c) Questions about Fol de Rol.
(d) Questions about school.
4. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Sleep with him.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Buy a painting.
(d) Buy him a painting.
5. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) He fears that Williams knows about Mrs. Madrigal's past.
(b) He thinks Williams wants to blackmail him about the affair.
(c) He worries Williams wants to hurt Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) He thinks Williams wants to pump him for information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
2. Who is Boris?
3. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
4. What does Mona tell D'orothea about Norman when they see him walking down the street?
5. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what D'orothea tells Brian when they go for drinks after first meeting in the restaurant.
2. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
3. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
4. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
5. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
6. What two things does Mona do in an attempt to make something of her relationship with D'orothea?
7. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
8. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
9. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
10. What happens during the encounter between DeDe and Carson Callas?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)