|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pushy client who calls Norman while he eats breakfast?
(a) Mrs. Bradshaw.
(b) Mrs. Tolliver.
(c) Mrs. Singleton.
(d) Mrs. Ramsey.
2. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
(a) Mary Ann.
3. How does Vincent kill himself?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He shots himself.
(d) He overdoses on drugs.
4. When Brian first invites Mary Ann to join him for a joint after her shift at the switchboard, how does she react?
(a) She flatly refuses.
(b) She eagerly accepts.
(c) She accepts with hesitation.
(d) She tells him that she may stop by.
5. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(b) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
(c) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(d) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
Short Answer Questions
1. When DeDe returns home after losing weight, what does Beauchamp tell her?
2. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
3. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
4. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
5. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
2. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
3. Briefly summarize what happens to Brian at the Treasure Island Trailer Court.
4. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
5. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
6. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
7. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
8. What do Mona and D'orothea argue about after Mona already moved in with D'orothea?
9. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
10. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)