|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vincent kill himself?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He overdoses on drugs.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He shots himself.
2. When Mary Ann tells Michael that she is uneasy about Norman, what does Michael suggest?
(a) They should break into his apartment.
(b) They should call the police.
(c) They should ask him to move out.
(d) They should tell Mrs. Madrigal.
3. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) He thinks Williams wants to pump him for information.
(b) He worries Williams wants to hurt Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) He thinks Williams wants to blackmail him about the affair.
(d) He fears that Williams knows about Mrs. Madrigal's past.
4. What gift for Norman is Mary Ann wrapping at her office?
(a) A bolero tie.
(b) A belt.
(c) A bowtie.
(d) A necktie.
5. When Michael says he "wants someone to buy a Christmas tree with," what does he mean?
(a) He doesn't want to be alone on Christmas.
(b) He hopes his roomate wants to buy a tree.
(c) He wants a serious relationship.
(d) He doesn't have enough money to buy a Christmas tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing that Williams called Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar?
2. From whom does Michael want to keep the contest he enters a secret?
3. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
4. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
5. What is Mona surprised by when she meets D'orothea's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vincent take Mary Ann into account when he decides how to kill himself?
2. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
3. What do Mona and D'orothea argue about after Mona already moved in with D'orothea?
4. What happens during the encounter between DeDe and Carson Callas?
5. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
6. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
7. Explain what D'orothea tells Brian when they go for drinks after first meeting in the restaurant.
8. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
9. Briefly recount the story that Mrs. Madrigal tells Edgar after they make love on his first visit to her home.
10. What happens to Mary Ann when she and Norman are in Chinatown after the movie?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)