|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mona surprised by when she meets D'orothea's father?
(a) He is angry with his daughter.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is still married to D'orothea's mother.
(d) He works at a factory.
2. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
3. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
(b) In Mona's apartment.
(c) At the nightclub during the contest.
(d) At the restaurant where he works.
4. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
(a) It will be painless.
(b) He is a nuisance.
(c) He had a full life.
(d) It will be quick.
5. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
(a) A waiter yells at her to wash her hands.
(b) She leaves the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.
(c) A waiter spills food on her blouse.
(d) She leaves the bathroom with her skirt stuck in her stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
2. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
3. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
4. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
5. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly recount the events that lead Mary Ann to meet Norman Neal Williams.
2. Briefly summarize what happens to Brian at the Treasure Island Trailer Court.
3. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
4. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
5. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
6. What two things does Mona do in an attempt to make something of her relationship with D'orothea?
7. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
8. What happens to Mary Ann when she and Norman are in Chinatown after the movie?
9. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
10. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)