|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While she makes dinner for D'orothea's family, what does Mona reveal to Michael?
(a) She wants her old job back.
(b) She misses being his roommate.
(c) She found D'orothea's pills.
(d) She found Mary Ann's scarf.
2. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
(a) A waiter yells at her to wash her hands.
(b) She leaves the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.
(c) She leaves the bathroom with her skirt stuck in her stockings.
(d) A waiter spills food on her blouse.
3. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
(a) Getting a second job.
(b) Entering an underwear dance contest.
(c) Entering a hot dog eating contest.
(d) Pan-handling for money on the street.
4. What is Candi's job?
(a) She is a waitress.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is a food critic.
(d) She is a cook.
5. After Michael and Brian have an unsuccessful cruising expedition, where do they go?
(a) Barbary Lane.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A bathhouse.
(d) Mona's new apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vincent decide not to slit his wrists?
2. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
3. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
4. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
5. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
2. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
3. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
4. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
5. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
6. What do Mona and D'orothea argue about after Mona already moved in with D'orothea?
7. Summarize what Norman confesses to Mary Ann in the chapter, "Norman Confesses."
8. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
9. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
10. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)