|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
(a) A waiter spills food on her blouse.
(b) She leaves the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.
(c) A waiter yells at her to wash her hands.
(d) She leaves the bathroom with her skirt stuck in her stockings.
2. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) A nightclub's dance contest.
(d) Barbary Lane.
3. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
(a) He had a full life.
(b) It will be quick.
(c) It will be painless.
(d) He is a nuisance.
4. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
(b) A helpful magazine article.
(d) A note from Vincent.
5. What happens when Norman and Mary Ann kiss?
(a) Her scarf comes off in his hand.
(b) His clip-on tie comes off in her hand.
(c) Her purse falls on the ground.
(d) His toupe flies off in the wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
2. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
3. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
4. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
5. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Norman confesses to Mary Ann in the chapter, "Norman Confesses."
2. What happens to Mary Ann when she and Norman are in Chinatown after the movie?
3. What information is revealed during the conversation with Mona and D'orothea's father at the factory?
4. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
5. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
6. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
7. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
8. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
9. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
10. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)