|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
(a) Carson is good at guessing.
(b) Binky cannot keep a secret.
(c) DeDe must already be showing.
(d) Beauchamp found out and told him.
2. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
(a) Entering an underwear dance contest.
(b) Getting a second job.
(c) Pan-handling for money on the street.
(d) Entering a hot dog eating contest.
3. What is the reason D'orothea tells Brian that she is in San Francisco?
(a) To have a fresh start with life.
(b) To live somewhere warm.
(c) To resume her past relationship.
(d) To start a new job.
4. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
(a) He enthusiastically agrees.
(b) He says he'll consider it.
(c) He grabs her for a kiss.
(d) He rejects the idea outright.
5. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
(a) Lexy is his friend's daughter.
(b) Lexy is his daughter's friend.
(c) Lexy is his friend's girlfriend.
(d) Lexy is his girlfriend's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Candi and Cheryl related?
2. When Micheal's parents first arrive, what do they tease him about?
3. What gift for Norman is Mary Ann wrapping at her office?
4. What is the name of the pushy client who calls Norman while he eats breakfast?
5. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Norman confesses to Mary Ann in the chapter, "Norman Confesses."
2. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
3. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
4. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
5. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
6. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
7. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
8. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
9. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
10. Briefly recount the story that Mrs. Madrigal tells Edgar after they make love on his first visit to her home.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)