|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they wait for Lexy in the car, what does Norman hint that he wants from Mary Ann?
(a) He wants her to find out about Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) He wants a relationship with her.
(c) He wants her to take care of Lexy.
(d) He wants to see her dressed as Wonder Woman.
2. When he goes to a bathhouse after a boring dinner party, with whom does Jon have intercourse?
3. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
(b) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
(c) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(d) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
4. When Brian first invites Mary Ann to join him for a joint after her shift at the switchboard, how does she react?
(a) She eagerly accepts.
(b) She flatly refuses.
(c) She accepts with hesitation.
(d) She tells him that she may stop by.
5. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) Barbary Lane.
(d) A nightclub's dance contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
2. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
3. What is the name of the pushy client who calls Norman while he eats breakfast?
4. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
5. What is Candi's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
2. Explain what D'orothea tells Brian when they go for drinks after first meeting in the restaurant.
3. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
4. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
5. Briefly recount the events that lead Mary Ann to meet Norman Neal Williams.
6. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
7. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
8. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
9. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
10. What happens during the encounter between DeDe and Carson Callas?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)