|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
(b) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
(c) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
(d) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
2. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
(a) A clothing store in Los Angeles.
(b) A vitamin shop in San Diego.
(c) A book store in Long Beach.
(d) A music store in Sacramento.
3. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
4. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
(a) That his parents are proud of him.
(b) That he will find a wife soon.
(c) That his parents love him unconditionally.
(d) That he can always return home.
5. Where does DeDe go for a "$2500 transformation?"
(a) A fat farm.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A day spa.
(d) A fancy hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing that Mona moved out, what does Mrs. Madrigal question Michael about?
2. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
3. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
4. When Brian first invites Mary Ann to join him for a joint after her shift at the switchboard, how does she react?
5. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
2. What happens when Mona tells Michael that she is moving out?
3. What information is revealed during the conversation with Mona and D'orothea's father at the factory?
4. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
5. What does Norman Neal Williams reveal to Mary Ann in the car during the trick or treating outing?
6. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
7. Briefly recount the events that lead Mary Ann to meet Norman Neal Williams.
8. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
9. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
10. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)