|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) In Mona's apartment.
(b) At the restaurant where he works.
(c) At the nightclub during the contest.
(d) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
2. Where does Brian pick up Candi?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A diner.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A laundromat.
3. What is Candi's job?
(a) She is a cook.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a food critic.
4. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
(a) He tells his father that he is not their type.
(b) He tells his father that he will look for a job with a heterosexual boss.
(c) He tells his father that there are so many of them in the city.
(d) He tells his father that he is homosexual.
5. When he goes to a bathhouse after a boring dinner party, with whom does Jon have intercourse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift for Norman is Mary Ann wrapping at her office?
2. How does Vincent kill himself?
3. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
4. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
5. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what D'orothea tells Brian when they go for drinks after first meeting in the restaurant.
2. What two things does Mona do in an attempt to make something of her relationship with D'orothea?
3. What happens during the encounter between DeDe and Carson Callas?
4. Why does Vincent take Mary Ann into account when he decides how to kill himself?
5. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
6. Upon returning to San Francisco, what does DeDe realize and what does she do about it?
7. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
8. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
9. What happens when Mona tells Michael that she is moving out?
10. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)