|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
(a) She does not love Beauchamp any more.
(b) She lost her luggage.
(c) She is angry with Mary Ann.
(d) She missed her period.
2. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
(a) He tells his father that there are so many of them in the city.
(b) He tells his father that he is not their type.
(c) He tells his father that he is homosexual.
(d) He tells his father that he will look for a job with a heterosexual boss.
3. What does D'orothea say is the reason her last relationship ended?
(a) D'orothea decided to move to San Francisco.
(b) D'orothea had an affair with a woman.
(c) The other person moved to San Francisco.
(d) The other person had an affair with an ad executive.
4. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
(a) A waiter yells at her to wash her hands.
(b) A waiter spills food on her blouse.
(c) She leaves the bathroom with her skirt stuck in her stockings.
(d) She leaves the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.
5. When Brian first invites Mary Ann to join him for a joint after her shift at the switchboard, how does she react?
(a) She accepts with hesitation.
(b) She flatly refuses.
(c) She tells him that she may stop by.
(d) She eagerly accepts.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
2. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
3. During Norman's phone call from his pushy client, what does he reveal about Mrs. Madrigal?
4. When DeDe returns home after losing weight, what does Beauchamp tell her?
5. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
2. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
3. The reader learns that Norman is a private investigator. What other information does the telephone conversation between him and Mrs. Ramsey reveal?
4. Briefly recount the events that lead Mary Ann to meet Norman Neal Williams.
5. Why does Vincent take Mary Ann into account when he decides how to kill himself?
6. What happens to Mary Ann when she and Norman are in Chinatown after the movie?
7. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
8. What information is revealed during the conversation with Mona and D'orothea's father at the factory?
9. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
10. Edgar meets Beauchamp and tells him something in strictest confidence. What is the reader supposed to think that Edgar told him?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)