|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift for Norman is Mary Ann wrapping at her office?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A bowtie.
(c) A bolero tie.
(d) A belt.
2. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) She is going to be with D'orothea.
(c) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(d) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
3. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
(a) She leaves the bathroom with her skirt stuck in her stockings.
(b) A waiter yells at her to wash her hands.
(c) She leaves the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.
(d) A waiter spills food on her blouse.
4. Where does DeDe go for a "$2500 transformation?"
(a) A vacation.
(b) A fat farm.
(c) A fancy hotel.
(d) A day spa.
5. In "The Beach Boys," Brian and Michael realize that they both want what?
(a) A relationship that will lead to children.
(b) Sex and meaning in relationships.
(c) To meet a famous athlete.
(d) To marry wealthy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
2. How does Vincent kill himself?
3. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
4. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
5. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
2. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
3. Briefly recount the story that Mrs. Madrigal tells Edgar after they make love on his first visit to her home.
4. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
5. Summarize what Norman confesses to Mary Ann in the chapter, "Norman Confesses."
6. Briefly summarize what happens to Brian at the Treasure Island Trailer Court.
7. Where does DeDe go for a transformation?
8. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
9. Briefly recount the events that lead Mary Ann to meet Norman Neal Williams.
10. What does Mary Ann realize about Brian when she talks with him after returning home from finding Vincent dead?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)