|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After telling Edgar how long he has to live, what advice does the doctor give Edgar?
(a) To enjoy his time.
(b) To spend time with his wife.
(c) To work less.
(d) To exercise more.
2. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
(a) There are more elderly people than young people.
(b) There are more homosexual men than straight men.
(c) There are many liberal people.
(d) There are many hills to walk up.
3. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) That she cannot afford her rent anymore.
(b) That she has money saved.
(c) That she needs to find another roommate.
(d) That she will go back to school.
4. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) Edgar Halcyon.
(c) Connie Bradshaw.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
5. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal is divorced.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal never married.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal has a boyfriend.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal is a homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
2. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
3. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
4. What is Jon's job?
5. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the two characters when Brian talks with Michael in the courtyard while Michael is tanning before the contest?
2. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
3. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
4. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
5. Summarize the conversation between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal at the Bohemian Grove.
6. Briefly discuss the argument between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal as regards Mona's employment.
7. How is Mona's relationship with her mother different from her relationship with Mrs. Madrigal?
8. What happens to Norman when Mary Ann confronts him on the cliff?
9. What does the reader learn about Peter from the scene when he and Beauchamp are at the opera?
10. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)