|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) An orgy.
(c) Social Safeway.
(d) 28 Barbary Lane.
2. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
(a) That DeDe is pregnant.
(b) That Mary Ann has food in her teeth.
(c) That he is unhappy with DeDe.
(d) That he is in love with Mary Ann.
3. Who is Mary Ann's boss?
(a) Edgar Halcyon.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
4. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
5. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
Short Answer Questions
1. After she looses her job, what does Michael do to try to cheer Mona up?
2. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
3. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
4. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
5. What is Jon's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Mona's New Roomie," what does the reader learn about Mona and Michael's relationship?
2. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
3. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
4. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
5. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
6. What happens in Chapters 22 through 30 that shows how the narrative intersects the lives of its characters?
7. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
8. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
9. Of what does Hillary accuse Brian? How does he react?
10. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)