|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
(a) Michael Tolliver.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
(c) Beauchamp Day.
(d) Brian Hawkins.
2. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
3. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
(a) She feels uncomfortable in San Francisco.
(b) She is about to lose her apartment.
(c) She hasn't heard from Beauchamp.
(d) She hates her job.
4. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
(a) She agrees with her.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She says that everything is fine.
(d) She thanks her for her opinion.
5. What do Beauchamp and Peter do at the opera?
(a) Pick up on women.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Snort cocaine.
(d) Leave at intermission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
2. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
3. What does DeDe learn from Splinter?
4. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
5. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Hillary accuse Brian? How does he react?
2. Briefly discuss the argument between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal as regards Mona's employment.
3. How is Mona's relationship with her mother different from her relationship with Mrs. Madrigal?
4. How does Edgar Halcyon describe himself?
5. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
6. Explain what happens when DeDe visits Mary Ann?
7. Describe Mrs. Madrigal and Mary Ann's initial interaction.
8. How does Mona help Mary Ann when the two women first meet?
9. What does the reader learn about Peter from the scene when he and Beauchamp are at the opera?
10. What happens that makes Michael admit to Jon that he is trying to make himself more attractive?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)