|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jon's job?
(d) Advertising executive.
2. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
(a) An orgy.
(b) Social Safeway.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) 28 Barbary Lane.
3. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He bursts into tears.
(c) He starts laughing.
(d) He is shocked.
4. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
(a) To prove to himself that he is not homosexual.
(b) To meet other homosexual men.
(c) To get clean.
(d) To participate in a co-ed orgy.
5. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
2. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
3. What do Beauchamp and Peter do at the opera?
4. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
5. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
2. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
3. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
4. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland and what changes her mind?
5. How does Mrs. Madrigal comfort Edgar after he confesses that he is dying?
6. What does DeDe do after Splinter refuses her?
7. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
8. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
9. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
10. In "Relating at Lunch," how does Beauchamp change the status of his relationship with Mary Ann?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)