|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
(a) There are more elderly people than young people.
(b) There are more homosexual men than straight men.
(c) There are many hills to walk up.
(d) There are many liberal people.
2. What is Social Safeway?
(a) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
(b) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(c) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
(d) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
3. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
(a) Feels threatened by.
4. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
(a) Connie Bradshaw.
(b) DeDe Halcyon.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Mary Ann Singleton.
5. Who does Mary Ann first tell that she is thinking of moving back to Cleveland?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
2. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
3. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
4. In "Enter Mona," how does Mona help Mary Ann?
5. What is the reason Mrs. Madrigal gives for wanting to meet Mona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mona tell Mary Ann to try to convince her to stay in San Francisco?
2. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
3. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
4. What does DeDe do after Splinter refuses her?
5. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
6. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
7. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
8. How does Edgar Halcyon describe himself?
9. In "Mona's New Roomie," what does the reader learn about Mona and Michael's relationship?
10. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)