|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mona and Michael are at the nude beach, what does Mona complain about?
(a) Mona's job is boring.
(b) Straight men are repulsive.
(c) Homosexual men are flamboyant.
(d) Brian is dismissive of Mona.
2. Why is Mona fired from her job?
(a) She makes personal telephone calls.
(b) She gets in a fight with her boss.
(c) She arrives late.
(d) She talks back to an important client.
3. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
(a) He has health problems.
(b) He has an affair.
(c) He plans a social function with her.
(d) He works with her.
4. After she looses her job, what does Michael do to try to cheer Mona up?
(a) He takes her to the movies.
(b) He tries to get himself fired.
(c) He tells her a funny story.
(d) He reads her personal ads.
5. What does DeDe learn from Splinter?
(a) Beauchamp lied about his name.
(b) Beauchamp has been spending her money.
(c) Beauchamp is about to surprise her with something.
(d) Beauchamp lied about where he went.
Short Answer Questions
1. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
2. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
3. In "Mona's New Roomie," why is Michael sad?
4. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
5. What does Beauchamp do just after DeDe confronts him about the lie he told about going to a club meeting for the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things does Mona do in an attempt to make something of her relationship with D'orothea?
2. Briefly recount the events that lead Mary Ann to meet Norman Neal Williams.
3. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
4. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
5. How does Mrs. Madrigal comfort Edgar after he confesses that he is dying?
6. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
7. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
8. What does the reader learn about Peter from the scene when he and Beauchamp are at the opera?
9. Briefly recount the story that Mrs. Madrigal tells Edgar after they make love on his first visit to her home.
10. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)