|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
2. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
(a) "Get it in the wind."
(b) "Run fast."
(c) "I approve of you."
(d) "Make it count."
3. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
4. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
(a) He starts laughing.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He bursts into tears.
5. What color shirt is Connie Bradshaw wearing when she meets Brian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
2. What color is Jon's hair?
3. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
4. What does Edgar learn when he returns home from Mrs. Miller's?
5. What is the reason Edgar gives for telling Mrs. Madrigal he would take Mona back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
2. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
3. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
4. How does Mary Ann feel after her weekend in Mendocino with Beauchamp?
5. What is Mona worried about after Michael meets Jon?
6. Mary Ann and Brian discuss secrets in San Francisco. Briefly state each of the character's views on this subject.
7. How is Mona's relationship with her mother different from her relationship with Mrs. Madrigal?
8. What does Mona tell Mary Ann to try to convince her to stay in San Francisco?
9. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
10. Of what does Hillary accuse Brian? How does he react?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)