|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
(a) The park.
(b) 28 Barbary Lane.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The beach.
2. In "Mona's New Roomie," why is Michael sad?
(a) He has been dumped.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) His dog just died.
(d) He lost his job.
3. What color is Jon's hair?
4. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
5. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
(a) His house.
(b) The park.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Edgar gives for telling Mrs. Madrigal he would take Mona back?
2. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
3. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
4. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
5. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
2. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
3. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
4. Explain what happens when DeDe visits Mary Ann?
5. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
6. Mary Ann and Brian discuss secrets in San Francisco. Briefly state each of the character's views on this subject.
7. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
8. In "Mona's New Roomie," what does the reader learn about Mona and Michael's relationship?
9. What does Mona tell Mary Ann to try to convince her to stay in San Francisco?
10. How is Mona's relationship with her mother different from her relationship with Mrs. Madrigal?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)