|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Beauchamp's impotence.
(b) Mary Ann's nervousness.
(c) Mary Ann's snoring.
(d) Beauchamp's wife.
2. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
(a) She goes for a long jog.
(b) She indulges in comfort food.
(c) She talks to a friend on the phone.
(d) She fights with Beauchamp.
3. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
(a) She says that everything is fine.
(b) She agrees with her.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She thanks her for her opinion.
4. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) A grocery delivery boy.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A friend from college.
(d) A friend of Beauchamp's.
5. What is Social Safeway?
(a) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
(b) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(c) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
(d) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian talk about with Hillary before she invites him to her room?
2. What is the reason Edgar gives for telling Mrs. Madrigal he would take Mona back?
3. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
4. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
5. On her first date with Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal use to bribe the young people to use the kite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
2. What happens to Norman when Mary Ann confronts him on the cliff?
3. Of what does Hillary accuse Brian? How does he react?
4. What happens to Mary Ann when she and Norman are in Chinatown after the movie?
5. In "Mona's New Roomie," what does the reader learn about Mona and Michael's relationship?
6. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
7. What happens in Chapters 22 through 30 that shows how the narrative intersects the lives of its characters?
8. How does Mona help Mary Ann when the two women first meet?
9. What does DeDe do after Splinter refuses her?
10. What happens when Mona tells Michael that she is moving out?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)