|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
2. Why does Frannie come out of the bathroom at her party?
(a) She gets relieved that her party will be written about in the newspaper.
(b) She hears that the missing person has returned.
(c) She needs to socialize so her party will be a huge success.
(d) She gets dragged out of the bathroom by an angry Edgar.
3. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She goes to his house.
(b) She dances with him.
(c) She goes home.
(d) She leaves with Connie.
4. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
(b) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
5. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
2. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
3. In "Enter Mona," how does Mona help Mary Ann?
4. When Mona and Michael are at the nude beach, what does Mona complain about?
5. How does Michael meet Jon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Madrigal react when Mary Ann mentions the picture of the soldier in her bedroom?
2. What is Mona worried about after Michael meets Jon?
3. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
4. What does Mona tell Mary Ann to try to convince her to stay in San Francisco?
5. How does Mona help Mary Ann when the two women first meet?
6. How does Mary Ann feel after her weekend in Mendocino with Beauchamp?
7. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
8. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
9. Describe Mrs. Madrigal and Mary Ann's initial interaction.
10. What does the reader learn about Peter from the scene when he and Beauchamp are at the opera?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)