|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
(a) From a friend.
(b) From high school.
(c) From her first job.
(d) From her mother.
2. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
(a) He tries to commit suicide.
(b) He leaves the building to go home.
(c) He locks himself in the bathroom.
(d) He calls a friend for support.
3. What does Beauchamp do just after DeDe confronts him about the lie he told about going to a club meeting for the weekend?
(a) He takes something out of a suitcase.
(b) He makes a secret phone call.
(c) He puts something in the glove compartment of the car.
(d) He prepares some exotic food.
4. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
(a) The beach.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His house.
(d) The park.
5. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
2. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
3. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
4. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
5. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mona help Mary Ann when the two women first meet?
2. How does Mrs. Madrigal react when Mary Ann mentions the picture of the soldier in her bedroom?
3. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
4. Mary Ann and Brian discuss secrets in San Francisco. Briefly state each of the character's views on this subject.
5. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
6. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
7. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
8. What happens in Chapters 22 through 30 that shows how the narrative intersects the lives of its characters?
9. How does Mrs. Madrigal comfort Edgar after he confesses that he is dying?
10. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)