|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He starts laughing.
2. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
(a) When she hears a knock at the door.
(b) After a hard day looking for a job.
(c) After she returns from taking her trash out.
(d) When she first moves into her apartment.
3. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) An orgy.
(c) 28 Barbary Lane.
(d) Social Safeway.
4. In "Anguish in Bohemia," what does Beauchamp remember while he is having a drink with his friend Peter?
(a) He has important work to do.
(b) He is supposed to be somewhere with DeDe.
(c) Today is DeDe's birthday.
(d) He remembers how he used to act when he in college.
5. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
(a) "Run fast."
(b) "Get it in the wind."
(c) "Make it count."
(d) "I approve of you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
2. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
3. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
4. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
5. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Relating at Lunch," how does Beauchamp change the status of his relationship with Mary Ann?
2. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
3. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
4. At Frannie's party, what happens to the conductor and where does he go?
5. How does Edgar Halcyon describe himself?
6. How does Mrs. Madrigal react when Mary Ann mentions the picture of the soldier in her bedroom?
7. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
8. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
9. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
10. In "Mona's New Roomie," what does the reader learn about Mona and Michael's relationship?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)