|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
(a) Mary Ann Singleton.
(b) Connie Bradshaw.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) DeDe Halcyon.
2. In "Mrs. Day at Home," what does DeDe watch out of the window of her home?
(a) A wild flock of parrots.
(b) A group of pigeons.
(c) The ships on the water.
(d) The people walking on the street.
3. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six years.
4. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She leaves with Connie.
(b) She dances with him.
(c) She goes home.
(d) She goes to his house.
5. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(b) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
(c) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(d) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
2. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
3. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
4. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
5. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Relating at Lunch," how does Beauchamp change the status of his relationship with Mary Ann?
2. How does Mary Ann feel after her weekend in Mendocino with Beauchamp?
3. What is Mona worried about after Michael meets Jon?
4. What does Mona tell Mary Ann to try to convince her to stay in San Francisco?
5. What happens that makes Michael admit to Jon that he is trying to make himself more attractive?
6. Summarize what happens during Michael's dance contest.
7. How does Edgar Halcyon describe himself?
8. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
9. Discuss DeDe's dilemma with regards to her pregnancy.
10. Briefly summarize what happens to Brian at the Treasure Island Trailer Court.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)