|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which decade is the story set?
2. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
(a) Working on an ad campaign with her.
(b) Having lunch with her.
(c) Taking a walk with her.
(d) Asking her about a gift for DeDe.
3. What does Mary Ann see in Mrs. Madrigal's bedroom?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A photograph of a soldier.
(c) A painting of a young man.
(d) A wedding album.
4. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
(a) He starts laughing.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He bursts into tears.
(d) He is shocked.
5. What is Social Safeway?
(a) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(b) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
(c) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
(d) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
2. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
3. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
4. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
5. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mona help Mary Ann when the two women first meet?
2. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
3. How does Edgar Halcyon describe himself?
4. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
5. How does Mrs. Madrigal comfort Edgar after he confesses that he is dying?
6. Describe Mrs. Madrigal and Mary Ann's initial interaction.
7. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
8. Of what does Hillary accuse Brian? How does he react?
9. What does DeDe do after Splinter refuses her?
10. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)