|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Sneaking up on her.
2. Where does Mary Ann find a job?
(a) A food processing warehouse.
(c) Barbary Lane.
(d) Halcyon Communications.
3. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(a) Toast and jam.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Croissants and coffee.
4. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
(a) She is about to lose her apartment.
(b) She hasn't heard from Beauchamp.
(c) She hates her job.
(d) She feels uncomfortable in San Francisco.
5. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
(a) He does not plan for the future.
(b) He does not have true faith.
(c) He does not believe in himself.
(d) He is not doing any exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. On her first date with Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal use to bribe the young people to use the kite?
2. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
3. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
4. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
5. What is the reason Edgar gives for telling Mrs. Madrigal he would take Mona back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
2. What does the reader learn about Peter from the scene when he and Beauchamp are at the opera?
3. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
4. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
5. Explain what happens when DeDe visits Mary Ann?
6. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
7. At Frannie's party, what happens to the conductor and where does he go?
8. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
9. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland and what changes her mind?
10. In "Mona's New Roomie," what does the reader learn about Mona and Michael's relationship?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)