|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
(a) Sneaking up on her.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Having an affair.
2. What color shirt is Connie Bradshaw wearing when she meets Brian?
3. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He vows never to see her again.
(b) He tells her to stop interfering.
(c) He thanks her for her advice.
(d) He hangs up on her.
4. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) That she will go back to school.
(b) That she has money saved.
(c) That she needs to find another roommate.
(d) That she cannot afford her rent anymore.
5. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Connie Bradshaw.
(c) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
2. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
3. Which character seems to hide a secret?
4. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
5. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when DeDe visits Mary Ann?
2. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
3. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
4. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
5. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
6. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
7. How does Mrs. Madrigal react when Mary Ann mentions the picture of the soldier in her bedroom?
8. What happens in Chapters 22 through 30 that shows how the narrative intersects the lives of its characters?
9. Briefly discuss the argument between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal as regards Mona's employment.
10. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)