|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edgar learn when he returns home from Mrs. Miller's?
(a) Frannie believes he is depressed.
(b) Frannie plans on getting a job.
(c) Frannie thinks he has an affair.
(d) Frannie plans on hosting a party.
2. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The Chinese delivery boy.
3. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He ignores Michael.
(b) He reassures Michael.
(c) He kisses Michael.
(d) He makes fun of Michael.
4. What is Social Safeway?
(a) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(b) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
(c) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
(d) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
5. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) Connie Bradshaw.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Edgar Halcyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian talk about with Hillary before she invites him to her room?
2. Why is Mona fired from her job?
3. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
4. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
5. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Madrigal comfort Edgar after he confesses that he is dying?
2. What does DeDe do after Splinter refuses her?
3. At Frannie's party, what happens to the conductor and where does he go?
4. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
5. Of what does Hillary accuse Brian? How does he react?
6. Briefly discuss the argument between Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal as regards Mona's employment.
7. How are Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal connected even though they don't know it at first?
8. How does Mary Ann feel after her weekend in Mendocino with Beauchamp?
9. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
10. Mary Ann and Brian discuss secrets in San Francisco. Briefly state each of the character's views on this subject.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)