|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Ruby Miller.
(b) Michael Tolliver.
(c) Brian Hawkins.
(d) Anna Madrigal.
2. Who does Mary Ann first tell that she is thinking of moving back to Cleveland?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
3. On her first date with Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal use to bribe the young people to use the kite?
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A joint.
4. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
(a) She indulges in comfort food.
(b) She talks to a friend on the phone.
(c) She fights with Beauchamp.
(d) She goes for a long jog.
5. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) A house in Nevada.
(b) The beach.
(c) The park.
(d) His cabin in Mendocino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Social Safeway?
2. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
3. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
4. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
5. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mona tell Mary Ann to try to convince her to stay in San Francisco?
2. Discuss Mary Ann's initial reaction to the lifestyle in San Francisco.
3. Which other significant character does Mary Ann meet at Social Safeway?
4. How does Mrs. Madrigal react when Mary Ann mentions the picture of the soldier in her bedroom?
5. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
6. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
7. What does DeDe do after Splinter refuses her?
8. What happens that makes Michael admit to Jon that he is trying to make himself more attractive?
9. Describe Mrs. Madrigal and Mary Ann's initial interaction.
10. How is Mona's relationship with her mother different from her relationship with Mrs. Madrigal?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)