|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) DeDe Halcyon.
(c) Connie Bradshaw.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
2. When Mona and Michael are at the nude beach, what does Mona complain about?
(a) Mona's job is boring.
(b) Homosexual men are flamboyant.
(c) Brian is dismissive of Mona.
(d) Straight men are repulsive.
3. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
(a) An orgy.
(b) Social Safeway.
(c) 28 Barbary Lane.
(d) A nightclub.
4. What is Jon's job?
(b) Advertising executive.
5. What do Beauchamp and Peter do at the opera?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Pick up on women.
(c) Leave at intermission.
(d) Snort cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
2. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
3. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
4. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
5. Why is Mona fired from her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Relating at Lunch," how does Beauchamp change the status of his relationship with Mary Ann?
2. Why do neither Mary Ann nor Connie think they will stay in touch when Mary Ann moves out?
3. Explain what happens when DeDe visits Mary Ann?
4. Briefly compare the two women in Edgar's life, Ruby Miller and Frannie.
5. How does Mrs. Madrigal welcome Mary Ann to 28 Barbary Lane?
6. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
7. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
8. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
9. What does the reader learn about Peter from the scene when he and Beauchamp are at the opera?
10. What is Mona worried about after Michael meets Jon?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)