|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
(b) Back to work.
(c) The park.
(d) The beach.
2. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
(a) She hates her job.
(b) She feels uncomfortable in San Francisco.
(c) She hasn't heard from Beauchamp.
(d) She is about to lose her apartment.
3. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(b) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(c) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
(d) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
4. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(a) Toast and jam.
(b) Croissants and coffee.
(c) A newspaper.
5. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He thanks her for her advice.
(b) He vows never to see her again.
(c) He hangs up on her.
(d) He tells her to stop interfering.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
2. When Mona tells Mary Ann that she has to make things work, what does she give her?
3. What is Jon's job?
4. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
5. What gift does Mary Ann receive as her welcome gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mona help Mary Ann when the two women first meet?
2. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
3. How does Edgar Halcyon describe himself?
4. Over what work issue does Edgar get angry with Beauchamp?
5. Briefly discuss the scenario between Mary Ann and Beauchamp in the Mendocino cabin.
6. What advice does Edgar receive from his doctor and from Mrs. Madrigal?
7. At Frannie's party, what happens to the conductor and where does he go?
8. Describe Mrs. Madrigal and Mary Ann's initial interaction.
9. In "Relating at Lunch," how does Beauchamp change the status of his relationship with Mary Ann?
10. What is Mona worried about after Michael meets Jon?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)