|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(a) A newspaper.
(c) Croissants and coffee.
(d) Toast and jam.
2. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
3. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
4. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He reassures Michael.
(b) He ignores Michael.
(c) He makes fun of Michael.
(d) He kisses Michael.
5. What does DeDe show her mother when she tells her that she thinks Beauchamp is having an affair?
(b) A scarf.
(d) A comb.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
2. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
3. In "Brian Climbs the Walls," what is the name of the pickup joint that Brian goes to?
4. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
5. Why is Mona fired from her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Michael's parents think about his relationship with Mona?
2. Briefly discuss the parallels between Frannie's Great Dane and Edgar.
3. How does Norman Neal Williams find out that Mrs. Madrigal used to work in a book store?
4. Summarize what Norman confesses to Mary Ann in the chapter, "Norman Confesses."
5. What happens when Mona tells Michael that she is moving out?
6. What is DeDe convinced of when she finds the scarf in the car?
7. Explain how DeDe's decision to have the baby marks the climax of her transformation.
8. What two things does Mona do in an attempt to make something of her relationship with D'orothea?
9. What is the source of Edgar's bad temper and general unhappiness?
10. How does Mrs. Madrigal react when Mary Ann mentions the picture of the soldier in her bedroom?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)