|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
(a) She receives a phone call from her mother.
(b) She runs into her ex-boss Edgar.
(c) She gets in a fight with Michael.
(d) She receives a phone call from D'orothea.
2. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
(a) He tells his father that he is not their type.
(b) He tells his father that he is homosexual.
(c) He tells his father that there are so many of them in the city.
(d) He tells his father that he will look for a job with a heterosexual boss.
3. When Mary Ann tells Michael that she is uneasy about Norman, what does Michael suggest?
(a) They should call the police.
(b) They should tell Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) They should break into his apartment.
(d) They should ask him to move out.
4. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
(b) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
(c) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(d) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
5. What does Mrs. Madrigal need to reassure Edgar about after they make love in her apartment on his first visit there?
(a) Norman is a gentle man.
(b) Mona is not home.
(c) Boris is a friendly cat.
(d) Mary Ann is not home.
6. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
7. How does Vincent kill himself?
(a) He shots himself.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He overdoses on drugs.
8. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(b) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) She is going to be with D'orothea.
(d) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
9. What is the name of the pushy client who calls Norman while he eats breakfast?
(a) Mrs. Ramsey.
(b) Mrs. Bradshaw.
(c) Mrs. Singleton.
(d) Mrs. Tolliver.
10. What is the result of the contest Michael entered?
(a) Michael comes in second.
(b) Jon wins.
(c) Brian wins.
(d) Michael wins.
11. Where does Brian pick up Candi?
(a) A diner.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A laundromat.
12. From whom does Michael want to keep the contest he enters a secret?
(d) Mary Ann.
13. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
(a) Norman is menacing.
(b) Norman is a busy body.
(c) Norman is clever.
(d) Norman is helpful.
14. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
(a) Pan-handling for money on the street.
(b) Getting a second job.
(c) Entering an underwear dance contest.
(d) Entering a hot dog eating contest.
15. When he goes to a bathhouse after a boring dinner party, with whom does Jon have intercourse?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
2. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
3. During Norman's phone call from his pushy client, what does he reveal about Mrs. Madrigal?
4. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
5. What happens when Norman and Mary Ann kiss?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)