|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) At the nightclub during the contest.
(b) At the restaurant where he works.
(c) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
(d) In Mona's apartment.
2. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
(c) Mary Ann.
3. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
(b) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
(d) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
4. After Beauchamp comes home at four in the morning, DeDe goes for a walk and decides what?
(a) To leave her husband.
(b) To continue her affair with Callas.
(c) To take a trip with Binky.
(d) To have the baby.
5. When Michael says he "wants someone to buy a Christmas tree with," what does he mean?
(a) He wants a serious relationship.
(b) He doesn't want to be alone on Christmas.
(c) He hopes his roomate wants to buy a tree.
(d) He doesn't have enough money to buy a Christmas tree.
6. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
(a) Creates ad campaigns.
(b) Writes restaurant reviews.
(c) Ministers at a gospel church.
(d) Sells organic vitamins.
7. Where does DeDe go for a "$2500 transformation?"
(a) A day spa.
(b) A fat farm.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A fancy hotel.
8. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
9. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
(a) She does not love Beauchamp any more.
(b) She is angry with Mary Ann.
(c) She missed her period.
(d) She lost her luggage.
10. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
11. When she returns home after finding Vincent dead, who does Mary Ann visit?
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
12. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
(a) That his parents are proud of him.
(b) That he can always return home.
(c) That his parents love him unconditionally.
(d) That he will find a wife soon.
13. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
(a) Questions about art appreciation.
(b) Questions about school.
(c) Questions about her abortion.
(d) Questions about Fol de Rol.
14. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
(a) Mona grows increasingly impatient.
(b) Mona feels relieved that D'orothea has friends.
(c) Mona gets frustrated with the phone bill.
(d) Mona worries that D'orothea will move back.
15. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
(a) She knows he is a private investigator.
(b) She wants to start a relationship with him.
(c) She fears that he ran out of money.
(d) She knows he had sex with Lexy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
2. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
3. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
4. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
5. Who is the father of DeDe's baby?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)