|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
(a) Mona feels relieved that D'orothea has friends.
(b) Mona worries that D'orothea will move back.
(c) Mona gets frustrated with the phone bill.
(d) Mona grows increasingly impatient.
2. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
(b) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(c) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) She is going to be with D'orothea.
3. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
(b) A helpful magazine article.
(d) A note from Vincent.
4. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(b) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(c) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
(d) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
5. What is Candi's job?
(a) She is a waitress.
(b) She is a cook.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She is a food critic.
6. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
(a) It will be painless.
(b) It will be quick.
(c) He had a full life.
(d) He is a nuisance.
7. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
(a) She fears that he ran out of money.
(b) She knows he had sex with Lexy.
(c) She wants to start a relationship with him.
(d) She knows he is a private investigator.
8. When she returns home after finding Vincent dead, who does Mary Ann visit?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal.
9. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
(b) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
(c) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
(d) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
10. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
(a) She does not love Beauchamp any more.
(b) She lost her luggage.
(c) She is angry with Mary Ann.
(d) She missed her period.
11. When Mary Ann breaks into Norman's apartment, where does she look?
(a) His medicine cabinet.
(b) A book shelf.
(c) His closet.
(d) A suitcase.
12. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
(a) He surrenders to a hug in Jon's arms.
(b) He cries in Mona's arms.
(c) He celebrates with a drink.
(d) He leaves for a bathhouse.
13. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
(a) She owns a swimsuit company.
(b) She is an ad executive.
(c) She owns a restaurant.
(d) She is a model.
14. When Brian first invites Mary Ann to join him for a joint after her shift at the switchboard, how does she react?
(a) She tells him that she may stop by.
(b) She eagerly accepts.
(c) She flatly refuses.
(d) She accepts with hesitation.
15. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Buy him a painting.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Buy a painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
2. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
3. What happens when Norman and Mary Ann kiss?
4. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
5. What does Mona tell D'orothea about Norman when they see him walking down the street?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)