|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary Ann tells Michael that she is uneasy about Norman, what does Michael suggest?
(a) They should tell Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) They should ask him to move out.
(c) They should call the police.
(d) They should break into his apartment.
2. Who is Boris?
(a) DeDe's lover.
(b) The rooftop tenant.
(c) A cat.
(d) A parrot.
3. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
(c) Mary Ann.
4. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
(a) She wants to start a relationship with him.
(b) She knows he is a private investigator.
(c) She fears that he ran out of money.
(d) She knows he had sex with Lexy.
5. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(b) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
(c) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
(d) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
6. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
(a) DeDe's baby.
(b) DeDe's cat.
(c) Frannie's dog.
(d) Frannie's friend.
7. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
(a) He will come after he has a kidney treatment.
(b) He will come early to help set up.
(c) He will come when he is finished with Williams.
(d) He will come after he has dinner with Frannie.
8. With whom does Mary Ann go trick or treating?
(a) Brian and Connie.
(b) Norman and Lexy.
(c) Mona and D'orothea.
(d) Michael and Jon.
9. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
(a) She runs into her ex-boss Edgar.
(b) She receives a phone call from D'orothea.
(c) She gets in a fight with Michael.
(d) She receives a phone call from her mother.
10. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
(a) A note from Vincent.
(c) A helpful magazine article.
11. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A nightclub's dance contest.
(c) Barbary Lane.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
12. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
(a) Entering an underwear dance contest.
(b) Pan-handling for money on the street.
(c) Getting a second job.
(d) Entering a hot dog eating contest.
13. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) He thinks Williams wants to pump him for information.
(b) He fears that Williams knows about Mrs. Madrigal's past.
(c) He worries Williams wants to hurt Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) He thinks Williams wants to blackmail him about the affair.
14. What does Mrs. Madrigal need to reassure Edgar about after they make love in her apartment on his first visit there?
(a) Mary Ann is not home.
(b) Boris is a friendly cat.
(c) Norman is a gentle man.
(d) Mona is not home.
15. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
(a) He surrenders to a hug in Jon's arms.
(b) He celebrates with a drink.
(c) He cries in Mona's arms.
(d) He leaves for a bathhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
2. When she returns home after finding Vincent dead, who does Mary Ann visit?
3. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
4. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
5. What is the reason D'orothea tells Brian that she is in San Francisco?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)