|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael's father call homosexuals?
2. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
(b) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(c) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(d) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
3. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
(a) Questions about art appreciation.
(b) Questions about her abortion.
(c) Questions about Fol de Rol.
(d) Questions about school.
4. After learning from Jon that she gets pregnant, what does DeDe tell Jon?
(a) She tells him she is considering an abortion.
(b) She tells him that she is going to put the baby up for adoption.
(c) She tells him that she is going to leave her husband.
(d) She tells him she is positive she is having twins.
5. What does Mrs. Madrigal need to reassure Edgar about after they make love in her apartment on his first visit there?
(a) Mona is not home.
(b) Norman is a gentle man.
(c) Mary Ann is not home.
(d) Boris is a friendly cat.
6. What does D'orothea say is the reason her last relationship ended?
(a) D'orothea had an affair with a woman.
(b) The other person moved to San Francisco.
(c) The other person had an affair with an ad executive.
(d) D'orothea decided to move to San Francisco.
7. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
(b) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
(c) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
(d) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
8. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
(a) DeDe's cat.
(b) Frannie's friend.
(c) Frannie's dog.
(d) DeDe's baby.
9. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
(b) She is going to be with D'orothea.
(c) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(d) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
10. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
(a) That he can always return home.
(b) That he will find a wife soon.
(c) That his parents love him unconditionally.
(d) That his parents are proud of him.
11. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
(a) Entering a hot dog eating contest.
(b) Entering an underwear dance contest.
(c) Pan-handling for money on the street.
(d) Getting a second job.
12. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
(b) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
(d) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
13. Edgar's father changes the family name from __________ to Halcyon.
14. While she makes dinner for D'orothea's family, what does Mona reveal to Michael?
(a) She found Mary Ann's scarf.
(b) She found D'orothea's pills.
(c) She misses being his roommate.
(d) She wants her old job back.
15. Who is Boris?
(a) The rooftop tenant.
(b) DeDe's lover.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
2. Where does Brian pick up Candi?
3. What is the name of the pushy client who calls Norman while he eats breakfast?
4. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
5. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)