|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When DeDe returns home after losing weight, what does Beauchamp tell her?
(a) That he has been spending time with Edgar.
(b) The he has been working hard.
(c) That he is in love with Peter.
(d) That he wants a divorce.
2. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Buy a painting.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Buy him a painting.
3. What gift for Norman is Mary Ann wrapping at her office?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A bowtie.
(c) A belt.
(d) A bolero tie.
4. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
(a) Norman is helpful.
(b) Norman is clever.
(c) Norman is menacing.
(d) Norman is a busy body.
5. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
(a) She owns a swimsuit company.
(b) She is a model.
(c) She owns a restaurant.
(d) She is an ad executive.
6. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
(a) Carson is good at guessing.
(b) Binky cannot keep a secret.
(c) DeDe must already be showing.
(d) Beauchamp found out and told him.
7. After learning from Jon that she gets pregnant, what does DeDe tell Jon?
(a) She tells him she is positive she is having twins.
(b) She tells him she is considering an abortion.
(c) She tells him that she is going to put the baby up for adoption.
(d) She tells him that she is going to leave her husband.
8. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(b) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
(c) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(d) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
9. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
(b) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
(c) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
(d) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
10. After hearing that Williams called Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar?
(a) She is a married woman.
(b) She is a liar.
(c) She is a madam.
(d) She is a con artist.
11. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
(a) That he can always return home.
(b) That he will find a wife soon.
(c) That his parents love him unconditionally.
(d) That his parents are proud of him.
12. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
(a) He cries in Mona's arms.
(b) He leaves for a bathhouse.
(c) He surrenders to a hug in Jon's arms.
(d) He celebrates with a drink.
13. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
(b) Mary Ann.
14. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
(a) He will come after he has dinner with Frannie.
(b) He will come when he is finished with Williams.
(c) He will come early to help set up.
(d) He will come after he has a kidney treatment.
15. Where does DeDe go for a "$2500 transformation?"
(a) A vacation.
(b) A fancy hotel.
(c) A fat farm.
(d) A day spa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
2. What is Candi's job?
3. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
4. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
5. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)