|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
2. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Buy a painting.
(c) Buy him a painting.
(d) Sleep with him.
3. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
(b) At the restaurant where he works.
(c) In Mona's apartment.
(d) At the nightclub during the contest.
4. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
(a) Lexy is his daughter's friend.
(b) Lexy is his friend's daughter.
(c) Lexy is his friend's girlfriend.
(d) Lexy is his girlfriend's friend.
5. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
(a) He says he'll consider it.
(b) He grabs her for a kiss.
(c) He rejects the idea outright.
(d) He enthusiastically agrees.
6. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
(b) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
(c) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
7. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
(b) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(c) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
(d) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
8. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
(a) Mona gets frustrated with the phone bill.
(b) Mona feels relieved that D'orothea has friends.
(c) Mona worries that D'orothea will move back.
(d) Mona grows increasingly impatient.
9. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
(b) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(c) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) She is going to be with D'orothea.
10. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
(a) That he will find a wife soon.
(b) That he can always return home.
(c) That his parents love him unconditionally.
(d) That his parents are proud of him.
11. Why does Vincent decide not to slit his wrists?
(a) It is a painful way to die.
(b) It would upset for his wife.
(c) Is makes a huge mess.
(d) Is is unfair to Mary Ann.
12. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
(a) She wants to start a relationship with him.
(b) She knows he is a private investigator.
(c) She knows he had sex with Lexy.
(d) She fears that he ran out of money.
13. While they wait for Lexy in the car, what does Norman hint that he wants from Mary Ann?
(a) He wants to see her dressed as Wonder Woman.
(b) He wants her to find out about Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) He wants a relationship with her.
(d) He wants her to take care of Lexy.
14. When Mary Ann tells Michael that she is uneasy about Norman, what does Michael suggest?
(a) They should ask him to move out.
(b) They should break into his apartment.
(c) They should tell Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) They should call the police.
15. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) He worries Williams wants to hurt Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) He fears that Williams knows about Mrs. Madrigal's past.
(c) He thinks Williams wants to blackmail him about the affair.
(d) He thinks Williams wants to pump him for information.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary Ann breaks into Norman's apartment, where does she look?
2. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
3. Where is Beauchamp when DeDe calls Binky to ask for the name of a doctor?
4. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
5. Who is Boris?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)