|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
(a) He tells his father that he is not their type.
(b) He tells his father that he is homosexual.
(c) He tells his father that he will look for a job with a heterosexual boss.
(d) He tells his father that there are so many of them in the city.
2. After Michael and Brian have an unsuccessful cruising expedition, where do they go?
(a) Barbary Lane.
(b) Mona's new apartment.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A bathhouse.
3. What does Mrs. Madrigal need to reassure Edgar about after they make love in her apartment on his first visit there?
(a) Boris is a friendly cat.
(b) Norman is a gentle man.
(c) Mona is not home.
(d) Mary Ann is not home.
4. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
(b) Mary Ann.
5. Where is Michael doing his last-minute tanning before the contest?
(a) In the courtyard.
(b) At the beach.
(c) In the park.
(d) On the roof.
6. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
(a) DeDe must already be showing.
(b) Binky cannot keep a secret.
(c) Beauchamp found out and told him.
(d) Carson is good at guessing.
7. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
(a) A clothing store in Los Angeles.
(b) A music store in Sacramento.
(c) A book store in Long Beach.
(d) A vitamin shop in San Diego.
8. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
(a) Writes restaurant reviews.
(b) Sells organic vitamins.
(c) Creates ad campaigns.
(d) Ministers at a gospel church.
9. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
(a) Lexy is his friend's daughter.
(b) Lexy is his girlfriend's friend.
(c) Lexy is his daughter's friend.
(d) Lexy is his friend's girlfriend.
10. After hearing that Williams called Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar?
(a) She is a married woman.
(b) She is a madam.
(c) She is a liar.
(d) She is a con artist.
11. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
(b) At the restaurant where he works.
(c) In Mona's apartment.
(d) At the nightclub during the contest.
12. When Mary Ann breaks into Norman's apartment, where does she look?
(a) His closet.
(b) His medicine cabinet.
(c) A book shelf.
(d) A suitcase.
13. In "The Beach Boys," Brian and Michael realize that they both want what?
(a) A relationship that will lead to children.
(b) Sex and meaning in relationships.
(c) To meet a famous athlete.
(d) To marry wealthy people.
14. What does Michael's father call homosexuals?
15. Where does Brian pick up Candi?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A diner.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A laundromat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
2. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
3. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
4. What does D'orothea say is the reason her last relationship ended?
5. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)