|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
(a) Frannie's friend.
(b) Frannie's dog.
(c) DeDe's baby.
(d) DeDe's cat.
2. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She is going to be with D'orothea.
(b) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(c) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
3. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
4. Where is Michael doing his last-minute tanning before the contest?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In the courtyard.
(c) In the park.
(d) At the beach.
5. After hearing that Williams called Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar?
(a) She is a liar.
(b) She is a married woman.
(c) She is a madam.
(d) She is a con artist.
6. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
(a) Sells organic vitamins.
(b) Ministers at a gospel church.
(c) Writes restaurant reviews.
(d) Creates ad campaigns.
7. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
(a) She fears that he ran out of money.
(b) She knows he had sex with Lexy.
(c) She wants to start a relationship with him.
(d) She knows he is a private investigator.
8. What is Michael's reaction when he receives a phone call from his mother saying that his parents are coming to visit?
9. After Michael and Brian have an unsuccessful cruising expedition, where do they go?
(a) A bathhouse.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) Barbary Lane.
(d) Mona's new apartment.
10. After Beauchamp comes home at four in the morning, DeDe goes for a walk and decides what?
(a) To continue her affair with Callas.
(b) To leave her husband.
(c) To take a trip with Binky.
(d) To have the baby.
11. After learning from Jon that she gets pregnant, what does DeDe tell Jon?
(a) She tells him she is considering an abortion.
(b) She tells him she is positive she is having twins.
(c) She tells him that she is going to leave her husband.
(d) She tells him that she is going to put the baby up for adoption.
12. When Michael says he "wants someone to buy a Christmas tree with," what does he mean?
(a) He hopes his roomate wants to buy a tree.
(b) He doesn't have enough money to buy a Christmas tree.
(c) He wants a serious relationship.
(d) He doesn't want to be alone on Christmas.
13. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
(a) He says he'll consider it.
(b) He rejects the idea outright.
(c) He grabs her for a kiss.
(d) He enthusiastically agrees.
14. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
(a) A vitamin shop in San Diego.
(b) A music store in Sacramento.
(c) A book store in Long Beach.
(d) A clothing store in Los Angeles.
15. What is the main reason that Norman calls Paul for in the film shoot?
(a) Norman wants to talk with Paul.
(b) Norman wants to be famous.
(c) Norman is an actor.
(d) Norman needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Norman's phone call from his pushy client, what does he reveal about Mrs. Madrigal?
2. In "The Beach Boys," Brian and Michael realize that they both want what?
3. From whom does Michael want to keep the contest he enters a secret?
4. After the movie, where does Norman take Mary Ann?
5. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)