|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing that Mona moved out, what does Mrs. Madrigal question Michael about?
(a) If he understands that she will be lonely without Mona.
(b) If he persuaded Mona to leave.
(c) If he knows the true relationship between her and Mona.
(d) If he knows why Mona moved out.
2. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Buy him a painting.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Buy a painting.
3. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
(b) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(c) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
(d) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
4. When Micheal's parents first arrive, what do they tease him about?
(a) Being a homosexual.
(b) Mona moving out.
(c) Wearing a costume.
(d) Winning the dance contest.
5. Who is the father of DeDe's baby?
6. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) He worries Williams wants to hurt Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) He thinks Williams wants to blackmail him about the affair.
(c) He thinks Williams wants to pump him for information.
(d) He fears that Williams knows about Mrs. Madrigal's past.
7. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) In Mona's apartment.
(b) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
(c) At the restaurant where he works.
(d) At the nightclub during the contest.
8. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
(a) She owns a restaurant.
(b) She is an ad executive.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She owns a swimsuit company.
9. What is the main reason that Norman calls Paul for in the film shoot?
(a) Norman is an actor.
(b) Norman needs money.
(c) Norman wants to talk with Paul.
(d) Norman wants to be famous.
10. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
(a) Norman is a busy body.
(b) Norman is clever.
(c) Norman is menacing.
(d) Norman is helpful.
11. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
(a) She is angry with Mary Ann.
(b) She lost her luggage.
(c) She missed her period.
(d) She does not love Beauchamp any more.
12. Why does Mona tell Michael that she is moving out?
(a) She cannot afford to pay the rent any more.
(b) She cannot stand living with Michael any longer.
(c) She is going to be with D'orothea.
(d) She got in a fight with Mrs. Madrigal.
13. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
(a) That Beauchamp needs help with his impotence.
(b) That Jon is really in love with Michael.
(c) That DeDe is pregnant.
(d) That Jon is not really gay.
14. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
(a) He tells his father that he will look for a job with a heterosexual boss.
(b) He tells his father that there are so many of them in the city.
(c) He tells his father that he is not their type.
(d) He tells his father that he is homosexual.
15. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
(a) He will come early to help set up.
(b) He will come after he has a kidney treatment.
(c) He will come after he has dinner with Frannie.
(d) He will come when he is finished with Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
2. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
3. Where does Brian pick up Candi?
4. Who is Boris?
5. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)