|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
(a) She runs into her ex-boss Edgar.
(b) She gets in a fight with Michael.
(c) She receives a phone call from her mother.
(d) She receives a phone call from D'orothea.
2. While they wait for Lexy in the car, what does Norman hint that he wants from Mary Ann?
(a) He wants her to take care of Lexy.
(b) He wants to see her dressed as Wonder Woman.
(c) He wants her to find out about Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) He wants a relationship with her.
3. What assumption does DeDe make about how Carson Callas learns of her pregnancy?
(a) Beauchamp found out and told him.
(b) Binky cannot keep a secret.
(c) DeDe must already be showing.
(d) Carson is good at guessing.
4. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
(a) He will come early to help set up.
(b) He will come after he has dinner with Frannie.
(c) He will come when he is finished with Williams.
(d) He will come after he has a kidney treatment.
5. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
(b) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(c) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
(d) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
6. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
(a) He celebrates with a drink.
(b) He surrenders to a hug in Jon's arms.
(c) He leaves for a bathhouse.
(d) He cries in Mona's arms.
7. In "The Beach Boys," Brian and Michael realize that they both want what?
(a) A relationship that will lead to children.
(b) Sex and meaning in relationships.
(c) To marry wealthy people.
(d) To meet a famous athlete.
8. What does Michael's father call homosexuals?
9. Where is Beauchamp when DeDe calls Binky to ask for the name of a doctor?
(a) At work.
(b) Meeting with Edgar.
(c) Walking the dog.
(d) With Mary Ann.
10. Who is Boris?
(a) A parrot.
(b) DeDe's lover.
(c) A cat.
(d) The rooftop tenant.
11. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Buy a painting.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Buy him a painting.
12. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
(a) A vitamin shop in San Diego.
(b) A music store in Sacramento.
(c) A book store in Long Beach.
(d) A clothing store in Los Angeles.
13. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
14. After hearing that Williams called Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar?
(a) She is a liar.
(b) She is a madam.
(c) She is a married woman.
(d) She is a con artist.
15. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(b) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
(c) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(d) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Michael want to keep the contest he enters a secret?
2. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
3. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
4. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
5. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)