|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jon ends his sexual relationship with Beauchamp at the restaurant, what does he tell him?
(a) That Jon is really in love with Michael.
(b) That Beauchamp needs help with his impotence.
(c) That DeDe is pregnant.
(d) That Jon is not really gay.
2. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
(a) It will be quick.
(b) He had a full life.
(c) He is a nuisance.
(d) It will be painless.
3. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
(a) Frannie's dog.
(b) DeDe's baby.
(c) DeDe's cat.
(d) Frannie's friend.
4. What does Michael's father call homosexuals?
5. When she returns home after finding Vincent dead, who does Mary Ann visit?
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
6. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
(a) Mary Ann.
7. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
(b) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
(c) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
(d) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
8. What happens when Norman and Mary Ann kiss?
(a) His toupe flies off in the wind.
(b) Her scarf comes off in his hand.
(c) His clip-on tie comes off in her hand.
(d) Her purse falls on the ground.
9. In "The Beach Boys," Brian and Michael realize that they both want what?
(a) A relationship that will lead to children.
(b) Sex and meaning in relationships.
(c) To meet a famous athlete.
(d) To marry wealthy people.
10. While in suburbia, what does Norman reveal to Mary Ann?
(a) Lexy is his daughter.
(b) His wife died.
(c) He wants to have a child with Mary Ann.
(d) His wife left him while he was in Vietnam.
11. During Norman's phone call from his pushy client, what does he reveal about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) Her husband had an affair.
(b) Her name is an anagram.
(c) She is from the midwest.
(d) She misses her son.
12. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Buy him a painting.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Buy a painting.
13. What is Mona surprised by when she meets D'orothea's father?
(a) He works at a factory.
(b) He is still married to D'orothea's mother.
(c) He is white.
(d) He is angry with his daughter.
14. What gift for Norman is Mary Ann wrapping at her office?
(a) A bolero tie.
(b) A necktie.
(c) A belt.
(d) A bowtie.
15. After Beauchamp comes home at four in the morning, DeDe goes for a walk and decides what?
(a) To have the baby.
(b) To leave her husband.
(c) To take a trip with Binky.
(d) To continue her affair with Callas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Micheal's parents first arrive, what do they tease him about?
2. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
3. When she is at an affair with Beauchamp, to whom does DeDe confide that she is indeed pregnant?
4. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
5. When Mary Ann tells Michael that she is uneasy about Norman, what does Michael suggest?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)