|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Sleep with him.
(b) Buy a painting.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Buy him a painting.
2. Where is Michael doing his last-minute tanning before the contest?
(a) At the beach.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the courtyard.
(d) In the park.
3. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
(a) She does not love Beauchamp any more.
(b) She lost her luggage.
(c) She missed her period.
(d) She is angry with Mary Ann.
4. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
(b) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
(c) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
5. When Mary Ann is out with Norman after the movie, why is she humiliated?
(a) She leaves the bathroom with toilet paper on her shoe.
(b) She leaves the bathroom with her skirt stuck in her stockings.
(c) A waiter spills food on her blouse.
(d) A waiter yells at her to wash her hands.
6. When does Edgar tell Mrs. Madrigal that he will arrive at her party?
(a) He will come early to help set up.
(b) He will come after he has a kidney treatment.
(c) He will come when he is finished with Williams.
(d) He will come after he has dinner with Frannie.
7. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
(a) Questions about art appreciation.
(b) Questions about Fol de Rol.
(c) Questions about her abortion.
(d) Questions about school.
8. What happens when Norman and Mary Ann kiss?
(a) Her scarf comes off in his hand.
(b) His toupe flies off in the wind.
(c) Her purse falls on the ground.
(d) His clip-on tie comes off in her hand.
9. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
(b) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
(c) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
(d) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
10. What does Michael's father call homosexuals?
11. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
(a) That his parents love him unconditionally.
(b) That he will find a wife soon.
(c) That he can always return home.
(d) That his parents are proud of him.
12. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
(a) Lexy is his daughter's friend.
(b) Lexy is his friend's girlfriend.
(c) Lexy is his girlfriend's friend.
(d) Lexy is his friend's daughter.
13. Who is Boris?
(a) A cat.
(b) The rooftop tenant.
(c) DeDe's lover.
(d) A parrot.
14. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
(a) DeDe's baby.
(b) DeDe's cat.
(c) Frannie's friend.
(d) Frannie's dog.
15. When Mary Ann breaks into Norman's apartment, where does she look?
(a) His closet.
(b) A book shelf.
(c) His medicine cabinet.
(d) A suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Madrigal need to reassure Edgar about after they make love in her apartment on his first visit there?
2. When Michael's father tells him to keep away from homosexuals, how does Michael respond?
3. What is the main reason that Norman calls Paul for in the film shoot?
4. When Michael says he "wants someone to buy a Christmas tree with," what does he mean?
5. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)