|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
(a) He surrenders to a hug in Jon's arms.
(b) He celebrates with a drink.
(c) He leaves for a bathhouse.
(d) He cries in Mona's arms.
2. On her return trip home after losing weight, what does DeDe realize?
(a) She is angry with Mary Ann.
(b) She missed her period.
(c) She lost her luggage.
(d) She does not love Beauchamp any more.
3. Edgar's father changes the family name from __________ to Halcyon.
4. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
(a) Mona feels relieved that D'orothea has friends.
(b) Mona grows increasingly impatient.
(c) Mona gets frustrated with the phone bill.
(d) Mona worries that D'orothea will move back.
5. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
(b) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
(c) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
(d) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
6. When Mary Ann breaks into Norman's apartment, where does she look?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) His closet.
(c) His medicine cabinet.
(d) A book shelf.
7. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
(a) He says he'll consider it.
(b) He enthusiastically agrees.
(c) He rejects the idea outright.
(d) He grabs her for a kiss.
8. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(b) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(c) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
(d) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
9. What makes Frannie feel better about the Great Dane's impending death?
(a) It will be quick.
(b) It will be painless.
(c) He is a nuisance.
(d) He had a full life.
10. Who is Boris?
(a) A cat.
(b) The rooftop tenant.
(c) DeDe's lover.
(d) A parrot.
11. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
12. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
(b) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
(d) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
13. What is Michael's plan to earn some money?
(a) Getting a second job.
(b) Entering a hot dog eating contest.
(c) Entering an underwear dance contest.
(d) Pan-handling for money on the street.
14. Who is the father of DeDe's baby?
15. What does Carson Callas insinuate DeDe has to do in order for him to keep her pregnancy a secret?
(a) Buy a painting.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Buy him a painting.
(d) Sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are walking on the cliff, what does Mary Ann tell Norman?
2. What is the main reason that Norman calls Paul for in the film shoot?
3. What does Norman bring Mary Ann on the morning after Vincent's suicide?
4. What is Mona surprised by when she meets D'orothea's father?
5. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)