|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
(a) A book store in Long Beach.
(b) A vitamin shop in San Diego.
(c) A music store in Sacramento.
(d) A clothing store in Los Angeles.
2. Who is the doctor that Binky recommends to DeDe?
(a) Mona's friend, D'orothea.
(b) Mary Ann's friend from her volunteer job.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal's new tenant.
(d) Michael's boyfriend, Jon.
3. When she returns home after finding Vincent dead, who does Mary Ann visit?
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
4. After returning home from a gospel church, what happens to Mona?
(a) She gets in a fight with Michael.
(b) She receives a phone call from D'orothea.
(c) She runs into her ex-boss Edgar.
(d) She receives a phone call from her mother.
5. Where does Brian pick up Candi?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A laundromat.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A diner.
6. Who is Boris?
(a) DeDe's lover.
(b) The rooftop tenant.
(c) A cat.
(d) A parrot.
7. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
(a) Lexy is his girlfriend's friend.
(b) Lexy is his friend's daughter.
(c) Lexy is his friend's girlfriend.
(d) Lexy is his daughter's friend.
8. What does Mona tell D'orothea about Norman when they see him walking down the street?
(a) He is loud.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He is a rude neighbor.
(d) He watches her.
9. When Michael says he "wants someone to buy a Christmas tree with," what does he mean?
(a) He hopes his roomate wants to buy a tree.
(b) He doesn't have enough money to buy a Christmas tree.
(c) He doesn't want to be alone on Christmas.
(d) He wants a serious relationship.
10. Which type of questions is DeDe happy to answer for Carson Callas?
(a) Questions about her abortion.
(b) Questions about Fol de Rol.
(c) Questions about school.
(d) Questions about art appreciation.
11. Why does Michael become embarrassed when he is out for dinner with his parents?
(a) Gay men in skimpy outfits dance by.
(b) He forgets his wallet and cannot pay for dinner.
(c) Gay men in nuns' habits roller skate by.
(d) He is approached by a gay man who kisses him.
12. What does Mrs. Madrigal need to reassure Edgar about after they make love in her apartment on his first visit there?
(a) Mary Ann is not home.
(b) Norman is a gentle man.
(c) Boris is a friendly cat.
(d) Mona is not home.
13. During his dance for the contest, why does Michael become upset?
(a) Jon performs a dance for the contest too.
(b) Michael realizes he does not dance well.
(c) Jon is there and looks disgusted.
(d) Michael trips over his foot and falls down.
14. When Mary Ann tells Michael that she is uneasy about Norman, what does Michael suggest?
(a) They should break into his apartment.
(b) They should call the police.
(c) They should ask him to move out.
(d) They should tell Mrs. Madrigal.
15. Where does Brian meet D'orothea?
(a) At the nightclub during the contest.
(b) In the Barbary Lane courtyard.
(c) At the restaurant where he works.
(d) In Mona's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of DeDe's baby?
2. Of what does Michael's father assure him?
3. What can the reader infer after learning that Norman investigated Mrs. Madrigal's past?
4. Just after the contest is over, what does Michael do?
5. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)