|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D'orothea say is the reason her last relationship ended?
(a) The other person moved to San Francisco.
(b) The other person had an affair with an ad executive.
(c) D'orothea had an affair with a woman.
(d) D'orothea decided to move to San Francisco.
2. After Beauchamp comes home at four in the morning, DeDe goes for a walk and decides what?
(a) To continue her affair with Callas.
(b) To have the baby.
(c) To leave her husband.
(d) To take a trip with Binky.
3. When the reader first thinks that Frannie and DeDe are having a conversation about Edgar's illness, who are they really talking about?
(a) Frannie's dog.
(b) DeDe's cat.
(c) Frannie's friend.
(d) DeDe's baby.
4. How does Mona react to D'orothea's long telephone conversations with her friends back in New York?
(a) Mona gets frustrated with the phone bill.
(b) Mona grows increasingly impatient.
(c) Mona worries that D'orothea will move back.
(d) Mona feels relieved that D'orothea has friends.
5. At his brunch with Mary Ann, what does Norman say is his relationship to Lexy?
(a) Lexy is his friend's daughter.
(b) Lexy is his daughter's friend.
(c) Lexy is his girlfriend's friend.
(d) Lexy is his friend's girlfriend.
6. What is Beauchamp's reaction when DeDe mentions having babies?
(a) He grabs her for a kiss.
(b) He enthusiastically agrees.
(c) He rejects the idea outright.
(d) He says he'll consider it.
7. Where does Norman tell Mary Ann that Mrs. Madrigal used to work?
(a) A vitamin shop in San Diego.
(b) A clothing store in Los Angeles.
(c) A book store in Long Beach.
(d) A music store in Sacramento.
8. What does D'orothea tell Brian that she does for work?
(a) She is a model.
(b) She owns a restaurant.
(c) She owns a swimsuit company.
(d) She is an ad executive.
9. Edgar's father changes the family name from __________ to Halcyon.
10. What does Edgar think is the reason Williams called him about Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) He worries Williams wants to hurt Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) He thinks Williams wants to blackmail him about the affair.
(c) He fears that Williams knows about Mrs. Madrigal's past.
(d) He thinks Williams wants to pump him for information.
11. When she returns home after finding Vincent dead, who does Mary Ann visit?
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
12. What is the nickname that Mona and Mary Ann have for Michael?
13. What does D'orothea tell Mona when the two women are out to lunch?
(a) She hopes Mona can help her find work in San Francisco.
(b) She wants to be back in a relationship with Mona.
(c) She hopes Mona will move back to New York with her.
(d) She wants to know why Mona ended their relationship.
14. What does Norman Neal Williams tell Mary Ann he does for a job?
(a) Sells organic vitamins.
(b) Writes restaurant reviews.
(c) Ministers at a gospel church.
(d) Creates ad campaigns.
15. Who is Boris?
(a) A cat.
(b) A parrot.
(c) The rooftop tenant.
(d) DeDe's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Norman and Mary Ann kiss?
2. After hearing that Mona moved out, what does Mrs. Madrigal question Michael about?
3. Why does Vincent decide not to slit his wrists?
4. Who agrees to be Brian's date to Mrs. Madrigal's party?
5. When Norman confesses his anxiety about being with Mary Ann, who does he compare himself to?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)