|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edgar learn when he returns home from Mrs. Miller's?
(a) Frannie believes he is depressed.
(b) Frannie thinks he has an affair.
(c) Frannie plans on hosting a party.
(d) Frannie plans on getting a job.
2. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
(a) Taking a walk with her.
(b) Working on an ad campaign with her.
(c) Asking her about a gift for DeDe.
(d) Having lunch with her.
3. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(b) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(c) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
(d) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
4. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) Edgar brings Mrs. Madrigal as his date.
(c) DeDe and Beauchamp have a loud argument.
(d) The conductor disappears.
5. On her first date with Edgar, what does Mrs. Madrigal use to bribe the young people to use the kite?
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A joint.
6. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
7. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He reassures Michael.
(b) He makes fun of Michael.
(c) He kisses Michael.
(d) He ignores Michael.
8. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(d) Mary Ann.
9. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
(a) Stealing money.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Sneaking up on her.
10. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
11. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He thanks her for her advice.
(b) He hangs up on her.
(c) He vows never to see her again.
(d) He tells her to stop interfering.
12. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
(b) Telephone call.
(d) Face-to-face conversation.
13. Who does Mary Ann first tell that she is thinking of moving back to Cleveland?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
14. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
(a) To ask about her volunteer work.
(b) To learn what it is like to work for her father.
(c) To ask about her affair with Beauchamp.
(d) To borrow clothes from her.
15. Which character seems to hide a secret?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
(c) Mary Ann Singleton.
(d) Beauchamp Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Mrs. Madrigal gives for wanting to meet Mona?
2. Where does Mary Ann volunteer?
3. In "Mona's New Roomie," why is Michael sad?
4. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
5. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)