|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Social Safeway?
(a) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(b) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
(c) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
(d) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
2. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
(a) He calls a friend for support.
(b) He leaves the building to go home.
(c) He tries to commit suicide.
(d) He locks himself in the bathroom.
3. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She dances with him.
(b) She goes home.
(c) She goes to his house.
(d) She leaves with Connie.
4. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
(a) He does not have true faith.
(b) He is not doing any exercise.
(c) He does not believe in himself.
(d) He does not plan for the future.
5. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
(a) She goes to sleep.
(b) She eats a snack.
(c) She reads a novel.
(d) She brushes her teeth.
6. What does Mrs. Madrigal say she acquired by growing up in a whorehouse?
(a) Love of sex.
7. Why does Frannie come out of the bathroom at her party?
(a) She hears that the missing person has returned.
(b) She gets dragged out of the bathroom by an angry Edgar.
(c) She gets relieved that her party will be written about in the newspaper.
(d) She needs to socialize so her party will be a huge success.
8. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Croissants and coffee.
(d) Toast and jam.
9. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
(b) Feels threatened by.
10. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
(a) Connie Bradshaw.
(b) DeDe Halcyon.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Mary Ann Singleton.
11. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Brian Hawkins.
(b) Michael Tolliver.
(c) Anna Madrigal.
(d) Ruby Miller.
12. When Mona tells Mary Ann that she has to make things work, what does she give her?
(a) A joint.
(b) An address.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A phone number.
13. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Brian Hawkins.
(c) Michael Tolliver.
(d) Beauchamp Day.
14. After telling Edgar how long he has to live, what advice does the doctor give Edgar?
(a) To work less.
(b) To enjoy his time.
(c) To spend time with his wife.
(d) To exercise more.
15. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
(a) An orgy.
(b) 28 Barbary Lane.
(c) Social Safeway.
(d) A nightclub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael meet Jon?
2. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
3. Where does Ruby put Edgar for the massage she gives him?
4. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
5. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)