|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
(a) There are many hills to walk up.
(b) There are many liberal people.
(c) There are more homosexual men than straight men.
(d) There are more elderly people than young people.
2. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
(a) A lion tamer.
(b) The Greek god Pan.
(c) A fire fighter.
(d) Fiddler on the roof.
3. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He reassures Michael.
(b) He ignores Michael.
(c) He makes fun of Michael.
(d) He kisses Michael.
4. What does Edgar learn when he returns home from Mrs. Miller's?
(a) Frannie thinks he has an affair.
(b) Frannie believes he is depressed.
(c) Frannie plans on getting a job.
(d) Frannie plans on hosting a party.
5. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He hangs up on her.
(b) He vows never to see her again.
(c) He thanks her for her advice.
(d) He tells her to stop interfering.
6. What is Jon's job?
(c) Advertising executive.
7. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
(a) From high school.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From her first job.
8. In "Enter Mona," how does Mona help Mary Ann?
(a) She gets her a job interview.
(b) She directs her to the grocery store.
(c) She helps put the trash in the correct bins.
(d) She invites her to dinner.
9. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) An orgy.
(c) 28 Barbary Lane.
(d) Social Safeway.
10. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
(a) He gives her a neck massage.
(b) He kisses her neck.
(c) He cooks a romantic dinner for her.
(d) He talks to her about her innocence.
11. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
(b) Face-to-face conversation.
(d) Telephone call.
12. What does Beauchamp do just after DeDe confronts him about the lie he told about going to a club meeting for the weekend?
(a) He prepares some exotic food.
(b) He makes a secret phone call.
(c) He takes something out of a suitcase.
(d) He puts something in the glove compartment of the car.
13. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He starts laughing.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He bursts into tears.
14. What does DeDe learn from Splinter?
(a) Beauchamp is about to surprise her with something.
(b) Beauchamp lied about where he went.
(c) Beauchamp lied about his name.
(d) Beauchamp has been spending her money.
15. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) A friend of Beauchamp's.
(b) A grocery delivery boy.
(c) A friend from college.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
2. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
3. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
4. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
5. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)