|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
2. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) A friend from college.
(b) A grocery delivery boy.
(c) A friend of Beauchamp's.
(d) Her husband.
3. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal is divorced.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal never married.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal is a homosexual.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal has a boyfriend.
4. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
(a) He tries to commit suicide.
(b) He calls a friend for support.
(c) He locks himself in the bathroom.
(d) He leaves the building to go home.
5. Why does Frannie come out of the bathroom at her party?
(a) She gets dragged out of the bathroom by an angry Edgar.
(b) She needs to socialize so her party will be a huge success.
(c) She gets relieved that her party will be written about in the newspaper.
(d) She hears that the missing person has returned.
6. Why is Mona fired from her job?
(a) She gets in a fight with her boss.
(b) She arrives late.
(c) She makes personal telephone calls.
(d) She talks back to an important client.
7. What does Brian talk about with Hillary before she invites him to her room?
(a) Slavery and cooking.
(b) Politics and sports.
(c) Vegetarianism and activism.
(d) Socialism and communism.
8. Where does Ruby put Edgar for the massage she gives him?
(a) On a pool table.
(b) On a massage table.
(c) On a couch.
(d) On a bed.
9. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
(a) He works with her.
(b) He has health problems.
(c) He plans a social function with her.
(d) He has an affair.
10. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Beauchamp's wife.
(b) Beauchamp's impotence.
(c) Mary Ann's snoring.
(d) Mary Ann's nervousness.
11. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
(a) To learn what it is like to work for her father.
(b) To borrow clothes from her.
(c) To ask about her volunteer work.
(d) To ask about her affair with Beauchamp.
12. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Sneaking up on her.
13. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
(a) Mary Ann leaves in the middle of the night.
(b) They get in a fight.
(c) They promise to stay in touch.
(d) Connie moves in with her boyfriend.
14. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) Edgar brings Mrs. Madrigal as his date.
(c) DeDe and Beauchamp have a loud argument.
(d) The conductor disappears.
15. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Connie Bradshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
2. Where does Mary Ann find a job?
3. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
4. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
5. In "Mrs. Day at Home," what does DeDe watch out of the window of her home?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)