|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
(a) "I approve of you."
(b) "Get it in the wind."
(c) "Make it count."
(d) "Run fast."
2. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
(a) From her mother.
(b) From her first job.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From high school.
3. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
4. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) That she needs to find another roommate.
(b) That she has money saved.
(c) That she cannot afford her rent anymore.
(d) That she will go back to school.
5. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She dances with him.
(b) She leaves with Connie.
(c) She goes home.
(d) She goes to his house.
6. In "Mrs. Day at Home," what does DeDe watch out of the window of her home?
(a) The people walking on the street.
(b) The ships on the water.
(c) A group of pigeons.
(d) A wild flock of parrots.
7. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
(c) Connie Bradshaw.
(d) Edgar Halcyon.
8. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) One month.
9. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Mary Ann's nervousness.
(b) Mary Ann's snoring.
(c) Beauchamp's wife.
(d) Beauchamp's impotence.
10. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
(a) The conductor disappears.
(b) The food is terrible.
(c) DeDe and Beauchamp have a loud argument.
(d) Edgar brings Mrs. Madrigal as his date.
11. What is Jon's job?
(c) Advertising executive.
12. What does Mary Ann see in Mrs. Madrigal's bedroom?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A wedding album.
(c) A painting of a young man.
(d) A photograph of a soldier.
13. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
(b) Flight attendant.
14. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
(a) There are many liberal people.
(b) There are more elderly people than young people.
(c) There are many hills to walk up.
(d) There are more homosexual men than straight men.
15. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(b) Toast and jam.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Croissants and coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Edgar how long he has to live, what advice does the doctor give Edgar?
2. What does DeDe show her mother when she tells her that she thinks Beauchamp is having an affair?
3. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
4. Why is Mona fired from her job?
5. In "Mona's New Roomie," why is Michael sad?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)