|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
(a) "I approve of you."
(b) "Get it in the wind."
(c) "Run fast."
(d) "Make it count."
2. Which place do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal have in common?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A bathhouse.
3. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) A grocery delivery boy.
(b) A friend from college.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A friend of Beauchamp's.
4. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(b) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(c) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
(d) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
5. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
(a) 28 Barbary Lane.
(b) The beach.
(c) The park.
(d) A restaurant.
6. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Connie Bradshaw.
(d) Edgar Halcyon.
7. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
(a) Connie has a boyfriend.
(b) It is Connie's graduation.
(c) Connie misses her home.
(d) It is Connie's birthday.
8. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She dances with him.
(b) She goes to his house.
(c) She goes home.
(d) She leaves with Connie.
9. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
(a) DeDe Halcyon.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Connie Bradshaw.
10. When Mona and Michael are at the nude beach, what does Mona complain about?
(a) Homosexual men are flamboyant.
(b) Brian is dismissive of Mona.
(c) Straight men are repulsive.
(d) Mona's job is boring.
11. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
(a) Asking her about a gift for DeDe.
(b) Having lunch with her.
(c) Taking a walk with her.
(d) Working on an ad campaign with her.
12. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Toast and jam.
(d) Croissants and coffee.
13. What does DeDe learn from Splinter?
(a) Beauchamp lied about where he went.
(b) Beauchamp has been spending her money.
(c) Beauchamp is about to surprise her with something.
(d) Beauchamp lied about his name.
14. Where does Mary Ann volunteer?
(a) American Red Cross.
(b) San Francisco Gay Alliance.
(c) Bay Area Crisis Switchboard.
(d) Pioneer Elementary School.
15. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
(a) From her first job.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From her mother.
(d) From high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edgar learn when he returns home from Mrs. Miller's?
2. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
3. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
4. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
5. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)