|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
2. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
(a) Edgar brings Mrs. Madrigal as his date.
(b) The conductor disappears.
(c) DeDe and Beauchamp have a loud argument.
(d) The food is terrible.
3. What does Mrs. Madrigal say she acquired by growing up in a whorehouse?
(a) Love of sex.
4. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
(a) She hasn't heard from Beauchamp.
(b) She hates her job.
(c) She is about to lose her apartment.
(d) She feels uncomfortable in San Francisco.
5. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
(a) Brian Hawkins.
(b) Michael Tolliver.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Beauchamp Day.
6. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She leaves with Connie.
(b) She goes to his house.
(c) She goes home.
(d) She dances with him.
7. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
8. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
(a) To prove to himself that he is not homosexual.
(b) To participate in a co-ed orgy.
(c) To meet other homosexual men.
(d) To get clean.
9. What is Jon's job?
(a) Advertising executive.
10. Who does Mary Ann first tell that she is thinking of moving back to Cleveland?
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Her mother.
11. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
(a) That Mary Ann has food in her teeth.
(b) That he is in love with Mary Ann.
(c) That he is unhappy with DeDe.
(d) That DeDe is pregnant.
12. Who is Mary Ann's boss?
(a) Edgar Halcyon.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
13. After telling Edgar how long he has to live, what advice does the doctor give Edgar?
(a) To enjoy his time.
(b) To spend time with his wife.
(c) To exercise more.
(d) To work less.
14. What gift does Mary Ann receive as her welcome gift?
(a) A plant.
(d) A marijuana cigarette.
15. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
2. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
3. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
4. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
5. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)