|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A friend from college.
(c) A grocery delivery boy.
(d) A friend of Beauchamp's.
2. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
(a) To talk.
(b) To make friends.
(c) Because they are suicidal.
(d) Because they have been abandoned.
3. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
(a) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
4. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She leaves with Connie.
(b) She goes home.
(c) She dances with him.
(d) She goes to his house.
5. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
(a) A fire fighter.
(b) A lion tamer.
(c) The Greek god Pan.
(d) Fiddler on the roof.
6. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
7. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
8. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
(b) Face-to-face conversation.
(c) Telephone call.
9. In "Mrs. Day at Home," what does DeDe watch out of the window of her home?
(a) A wild flock of parrots.
(b) A group of pigeons.
(c) The people walking on the street.
(d) The ships on the water.
10. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
(a) When she hears a knock at the door.
(b) After a hard day looking for a job.
(c) When she first moves into her apartment.
(d) After she returns from taking her trash out.
11. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) That she cannot afford her rent anymore.
(b) That she has money saved.
(c) That she needs to find another roommate.
(d) That she will go back to school.
12. Who is DeDe embarrassed to see at Frannie's party?
(a) Beauchamp's friend Peter.
(b) The Chinese delivery boy.
(c) Michael and Mona.
(d) Splinter and his wife.
13. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
(a) She hates her job.
(b) She feels uncomfortable in San Francisco.
(c) She hasn't heard from Beauchamp.
(d) She is about to lose her apartment.
14. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
(a) Working on an ad campaign with her.
(b) Taking a walk with her.
(c) Asking her about a gift for DeDe.
(d) Having lunch with her.
15. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
(a) He does not believe in himself.
(b) He does not plan for the future.
(c) He is not doing any exercise.
(d) He does not have true faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
2. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
3. Which character seems to hide a secret?
4. Where does Mary Ann find a job?
5. How does Michael meet Jon?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)