|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The conductor.
(c) The Chinese delivery boy.
2. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
(a) She fights with Beauchamp.
(b) She talks to a friend on the phone.
(c) She indulges in comfort food.
(d) She goes for a long jog.
3. What does DeDe show her mother when she tells her that she thinks Beauchamp is having an affair?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A comb.
4. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Connie Bradshaw.
5. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
6. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) His cabin in Mendocino.
(b) The park.
(c) A house in Nevada.
(d) The beach.
7. What is Social Safeway?
(a) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(b) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
(c) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
(d) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
8. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
(a) Working on an ad campaign with her.
(b) Having lunch with her.
(c) Asking her about a gift for DeDe.
(d) Taking a walk with her.
9. What does Brian talk about with Hillary before she invites him to her room?
(a) Politics and sports.
(b) Socialism and communism.
(c) Vegetarianism and activism.
(d) Slavery and cooking.
10. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
(a) When she hears a knock at the door.
(b) When she first moves into her apartment.
(c) After she returns from taking her trash out.
(d) After a hard day looking for a job.
11. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal is divorced.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal is a homosexual.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal has a boyfriend.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal never married.
12. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
(a) He works with her.
(b) He plans a social function with her.
(c) He has an affair.
(d) He has health problems.
13. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
(c) Face-to-face conversation.
(d) Telephone call.
14. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six years.
15. During which decade is the story set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary Ann volunteer?
2. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
3. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
4. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
5. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)