|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Ann first tell that she is thinking of moving back to Cleveland?
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Her mother.
2. In "Brian Climbs the Walls," what is the name of the pickup joint that Brian goes to?
(a) Come Clean Laundromat.
(b) Lusty Laundromat.
(c) Wash and Meet.
(d) Spin and Rinse.
3. What does Beauchamp do just after DeDe confronts him about the lie he told about going to a club meeting for the weekend?
(a) He takes something out of a suitcase.
(b) He puts something in the glove compartment of the car.
(c) He makes a secret phone call.
(d) He prepares some exotic food.
4. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
(a) Because they have been abandoned.
(b) Because they are suicidal.
(c) To talk.
(d) To make friends.
5. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
(a) She bursts into tears.
(b) She agrees with her.
(c) She thanks her for her opinion.
(d) She says that everything is fine.
6. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The Chinese delivery boy.
7. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(b) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(c) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
(d) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
8. What is the reason Edgar gives for telling Mrs. Madrigal he would take Mona back?
(a) He knows Mrs. Madrigal cares about her.
(b) He cannot fill Mona's position.
(c) He wants Mrs. Madrigal to get her rent money.
(d) He has an important client who wants to work with Mona.
9. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
(a) She feels uncomfortable in San Francisco.
(b) She is about to lose her apartment.
(c) She hates her job.
(d) She hasn't heard from Beauchamp.
10. What is Jon's job?
(c) Advertising executive.
11. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
(a) She eats a snack.
(b) She brushes her teeth.
(c) She reads a novel.
(d) She goes to sleep.
12. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) 28 Barbary Lane.
(c) The park.
(d) The beach.
13. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) A friend of Beauchamp's.
(b) A grocery delivery boy.
(c) A friend from college.
(d) Her husband.
14. Which place do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal have in common?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bathhouse.
(d) An apartment building.
15. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
2. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
3. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
4. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
5. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)