|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
(a) To participate in a co-ed orgy.
(b) To prove to himself that he is not homosexual.
(c) To meet other homosexual men.
(d) To get clean.
2. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
(a) She goes for a long jog.
(b) She indulges in comfort food.
(c) She fights with Beauchamp.
(d) She talks to a friend on the phone.
3. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
4. In "Mona's New Roomie," why is Michael sad?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) His dog just died.
(c) He has been dumped.
(d) He lost his job.
5. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
(a) Brian Hawkins.
(b) Michael Tolliver.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Beauchamp Day.
6. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Sneaking up on her.
7. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
(a) Fiddler on the roof.
(b) A fire fighter.
(c) The Greek god Pan.
(d) A lion tamer.
8. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
(a) Feels threatened by.
9. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal has a boyfriend.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal is a homosexual.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal never married.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal is divorced.
10. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
11. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
12. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
(a) That he is in love with Mary Ann.
(b) That DeDe is pregnant.
(c) That Mary Ann has food in her teeth.
(d) That he is unhappy with DeDe.
13. What is the reason Mrs. Madrigal gives for wanting to meet Mona?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal wanted to use Mona to meet Edgar Halcyon.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal heard about one of Mona's successful ad campaigns.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal hoped Mona could help her buy a new swimsuit.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal liked meeting people from New York.
14. What gift does Mary Ann receive as her welcome gift?
(a) A plant.
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
15. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
(a) The beach.
(b) His house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
2. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
3. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
4. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
5. What is Social Safeway?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)