|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
(a) Fiddler on the roof.
(b) A fire fighter.
(c) The Greek god Pan.
(d) A lion tamer.
2. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He hangs up on her.
(b) He tells her to stop interfering.
(c) He vows never to see her again.
(d) He thanks her for her advice.
3. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) The park.
(b) A house in Nevada.
(c) His cabin in Mendocino.
(d) The beach.
4. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
5. What do Beauchamp and Peter do at the opera?
(a) Snort cocaine.
(b) Leave at intermission.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Pick up on women.
6. Which place do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal have in common?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bathhouse.
7. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
8. After she looses her job, what does Michael do to try to cheer Mona up?
(a) He tells her a funny story.
(b) He reads her personal ads.
(c) He takes her to the movies.
(d) He tries to get himself fired.
9. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
10. What is Social Safeway?
(a) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
(b) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
(c) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
(d) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
11. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
(a) Edgar Halcyon.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
12. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Mary Ann's snoring.
(b) Beauchamp's wife.
(c) Beauchamp's impotence.
(d) Mary Ann's nervousness.
13. What does Mona bring Michael and Jon after their first night together?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Toast and jam.
(d) Croissants and coffee.
14. What is the reason Edgar gives for telling Mrs. Madrigal he would take Mona back?
(a) He has an important client who wants to work with Mona.
(b) He wants Mrs. Madrigal to get her rent money.
(c) He knows Mrs. Madrigal cares about her.
(d) He cannot fill Mona's position.
15. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
Short Answer Questions
1. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
2. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
3. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
4. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
5. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)