|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Jon's hair?
2. Where does Mary Ann find a job?
(b) A food processing warehouse.
(c) Barbary Lane.
(d) Halcyon Communications.
3. Who is Mary Ann's boss?
(a) Edgar Halcyon.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
4. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(b) Mary Ann.
5. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
6. During his argument with DeDe, what does Beauchamp say he was doing with Mary Ann?
(a) Asking her about a gift for DeDe.
(b) Working on an ad campaign with her.
(c) Taking a walk with her.
(d) Having lunch with her.
7. On the day Mary Ann is invited for dinner, Mona leaves work early in order to reassure whom?
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Mary Ann.
8. Which character seems to hide a secret?
(a) Mary Ann Singleton.
(b) Mona Ramsey.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Beauchamp Day.
9. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
(a) The park.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The beach.
(d) 28 Barbary Lane.
10. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
(a) He kisses her neck.
(b) He talks to her about her innocence.
(c) He gives her a neck massage.
(d) He cooks a romantic dinner for her.
11. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
(b) Flight attendant.
12. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
13. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
(a) From high school.
(b) From her mother.
(c) From her first job.
(d) From a friend.
14. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) DeDe and Beauchamp have a loud argument.
(c) Edgar brings Mrs. Madrigal as his date.
(d) The conductor disappears.
15. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
(a) A friend from college.
(b) A grocery delivery boy.
(c) A friend of Beauchamp's.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
2. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
3. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
4. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
5. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)