|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
(a) When she hears a knock at the door.
(b) When she first moves into her apartment.
(c) After a hard day looking for a job.
(d) After she returns from taking her trash out.
2. In "Anguish in Bohemia," what does Beauchamp remember while he is having a drink with his friend Peter?
(a) He has important work to do.
(b) He remembers how he used to act when he in college.
(c) He is supposed to be somewhere with DeDe.
(d) Today is DeDe's birthday.
3. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Edgar Halcyon.
4. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He tells her to stop interfering.
(b) He hangs up on her.
(c) He thanks her for her advice.
(d) He vows never to see her again.
5. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
(a) He talks to her about her innocence.
(b) He kisses her neck.
(c) He gives her a neck massage.
(d) He cooks a romantic dinner for her.
6. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
(a) A lion tamer.
(b) The Greek god Pan.
(c) Fiddler on the roof.
(d) A fire fighter.
7. On the day Mary Ann is invited for dinner, Mona leaves work early in order to reassure whom?
(b) Mary Ann.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
8. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
9. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
(b) Feels threatened by.
10. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
11. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
12. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Mary Ann's nervousness.
(b) Beauchamp's impotence.
(c) Mary Ann's snoring.
(d) Beauchamp's wife.
13. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
(a) That Mary Ann has food in her teeth.
(b) That DeDe is pregnant.
(c) That he is unhappy with DeDe.
(d) That he is in love with Mary Ann.
14. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(c) Mary Ann.
15. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Edgar Halcyon.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Connie Bradshaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
2. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
3. Why does Mary Ann consider moving back to Cleveland?
4. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
5. What color is Jon's hair?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)