|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frannie come out of the bathroom at her party?
(a) She hears that the missing person has returned.
(b) She gets dragged out of the bathroom by an angry Edgar.
(c) She needs to socialize so her party will be a huge success.
(d) She gets relieved that her party will be written about in the newspaper.
2. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
(a) Beauchamp Day.
(b) Michael Tolliver.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Brian Hawkins.
3. What does Mrs. Madrigal say she acquired by growing up in a whorehouse?
(a) Love of sex.
4. In "Anguish in Bohemia," what does Beauchamp remember while he is having a drink with his friend Peter?
(a) He remembers how he used to act when he in college.
(b) Today is DeDe's birthday.
(c) He is supposed to be somewhere with DeDe.
(d) He has important work to do.
5. During which decade is the story set?
6. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
(a) Connie Bradshaw.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
7. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
(a) She goes to sleep.
(b) She brushes her teeth.
(c) She reads a novel.
(d) She eats a snack.
8. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) The park.
(b) A house in Nevada.
(c) His cabin in Mendocino.
(d) The beach.
9. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
(a) 28 Barbary Lane.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The beach.
(d) The park.
10. What gift does Mary Ann receive as her welcome gift?
(a) A plant.
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
11. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
(b) Feels threatened by.
12. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Mary Ann's nervousness.
(b) Mary Ann's snoring.
(c) Beauchamp's impotence.
(d) Beauchamp's wife.
13. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
(a) Flight attendant.
14. Why is Mona fired from her job?
(a) She arrives late.
(b) She gets in a fight with her boss.
(c) She makes personal telephone calls.
(d) She talks back to an important client.
15. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) That she cannot afford her rent anymore.
(b) That she has money saved.
(c) That she will go back to school.
(d) That she needs to find another roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she looses her job, what does Michael do to try to cheer Mona up?
2. When DeDe makes up a story about being raped, who does she claim raped her?
3. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
4. What color is Jon's hair?
5. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)