|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
(a) She says that everything is fine.
(b) She agrees with her.
(c) She thanks her for her opinion.
(d) She bursts into tears.
2. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He reassures Michael.
(b) He ignores Michael.
(c) He makes fun of Michael.
(d) He kisses Michael.
3. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
(a) To make friends.
(b) Because they have been abandoned.
(c) Because they are suicidal.
(d) To talk.
4. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
(a) "Get it in the wind."
(b) "Run fast."
(c) "I approve of you."
(d) "Make it count."
5. On the day Mary Ann is invited for dinner, Mona leaves work early in order to reassure whom?
(c) Mary Ann.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
6. In "Brian Climbs the Walls," what is the name of the pickup joint that Brian goes to?
(a) Spin and Rinse.
(b) Wash and Meet.
(c) Lusty Laundromat.
(d) Come Clean Laundromat.
7. Upon arriving at the cabin in Mendocino, what is Mary Ann bothered by?
(a) There is only one bed.
(b) She dislikes the furniture.
(c) There is only one bathroom.
(d) She will have to cook dinner.
8. In "Anguish in Bohemia," what does Beauchamp remember while he is having a drink with his friend Peter?
(a) He is supposed to be somewhere with DeDe.
(b) He remembers how he used to act when he in college.
(c) He has important work to do.
(d) Today is DeDe's birthday.
9. What is Jon's job?
(c) Advertising executive.
10. Which character seems to hide a secret?
(a) Beauchamp Day.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Mary Ann Singleton.
11. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The conductor.
(b) The Chinese delivery boy.
12. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She goes to his house.
(b) She goes home.
(c) She dances with him.
(d) She leaves with Connie.
13. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Anna Madrigal.
(b) Ruby Miller.
(c) Michael Tolliver.
(d) Brian Hawkins.
14. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
(a) That Mary Ann has food in her teeth.
(b) That he is unhappy with DeDe.
(c) That he is in love with Mary Ann.
(d) That DeDe is pregnant.
15. In "Connie's Place," which emotion best describes Mary Ann's reaction to a magazine article about a co-ed orgy?
Short Answer Questions
1. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
2. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
3. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
4. Why does Frannie come out of the bathroom at her party?
5. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)