Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
(a) Mary Ann Singleton.
(b) Connie Bradshaw.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) DeDe Halcyon.
2. In "Mrs. Day at Home," what does DeDe watch out of the window of her home?
(a) A wild flock of parrots.
(b) A group of pigeons.
(c) The ships on the water.
(d) The people walking on the street.
3. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six years.
4. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She leaves with Connie.
(b) She dances with him.
(c) She goes home.
(d) She goes to his house.
5. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(b) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
(c) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(d) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
6. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
(a) He plans a social function with her.
(b) He has an affair.
(c) He has health problems.
(d) He works with her.
7. Where do Edgar and Mrs. Madrigal go on their first date?
(a) The park.
(b) 28 Barbary Lane.
(c) The beach.
(d) A restaurant.
8. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
(a) It is Connie's birthday.
(b) It is Connie's graduation.
(c) Connie misses her home.
(d) Connie has a boyfriend.
9. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) His cabin in Mendocino.
(b) The park.
(c) The beach.
(d) A house in Nevada.
10. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Michael Tolliver.
(b) Brian Hawkins.
(c) Ruby Miller.
(d) Anna Madrigal.
11. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
(a) He gives her a neck massage.
(b) He cooks a romantic dinner for her.
(c) He talks to her about her innocence.
(d) He kisses her neck.
12. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The conductor.
(d) The Chinese delivery boy.
13. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
14. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
(a) To meet other homosexual men.
(b) To prove to himself that he is not homosexual.
(c) To participate in a co-ed orgy.
(d) To get clean.
15. What is Social Safeway?
(a) The nickname given to Connie because she loves to meet people.
(b) A place for gay men to meet each other in San Francisco.
(c) The name of a nightclub that Connie frequents.
(d) A time for single men and women to meet at the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
2. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
3. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
4. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
5. In "Mona's New Roomie," why is Michael sad?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)