|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
(a) They get in a fight.
(b) Connie moves in with her boyfriend.
(c) Mary Ann leaves in the middle of the night.
(d) They promise to stay in touch.
2. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Ruby Miller.
(b) Michael Tolliver.
(c) Brian Hawkins.
(d) Anna Madrigal.
3. Where does Ruby put Edgar for the massage she gives him?
(a) On a bed.
(b) On a massage table.
(c) On a pool table.
(d) On a couch.
4. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The Chinese delivery boy.
(d) The conductor.
5. After she looses her job, what does Michael do to try to cheer Mona up?
(a) He tries to get himself fired.
(b) He takes her to the movies.
(c) He tells her a funny story.
(d) He reads her personal ads.
6. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
(a) The beach.
(b) Back to work.
(c) The park.
7. With whom does Mary Ann stay while she finds her own apartment?
(a) Connie Bradshaw.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
(c) DeDe Halcyon.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
8. What does DeDe show her mother when she tells her that she thinks Beauchamp is having an affair?
(a) A scarf.
(d) A comb.
9. What costume is Michael wearing when he asks Mary Ann to go out with him and tells her about the new tenant on the roof?
(a) A fire fighter.
(b) A lion tamer.
(c) The Greek god Pan.
(d) Fiddler on the roof.
10. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The park.
(c) His house.
(d) The beach.
11. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) The park.
(b) A house in Nevada.
(c) The beach.
(d) His cabin in Mendocino.
12. Who is Mary Ann's boss?
(b) Edgar Halcyon.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
13. What does DeDe learn from Splinter?
(a) Beauchamp lied about his name.
(b) Beauchamp lied about where he went.
(c) Beauchamp has been spending her money.
(d) Beauchamp is about to surprise her with something.
14. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
(d) Flight attendant.
15. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
(a) That she needs to find another roommate.
(b) That she has money saved.
(c) That she will go back to school.
(d) That she cannot afford her rent anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
2. In "The Wrath of DeDe," of what does DeDe accuse Beauchamp?
3. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
4. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
5. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)