|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Brian that he should meet Mary Ann?
2. Who invites Mary Ann for dinner in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(a) Mona Ramsey.
(b) Connie Bradshaw.
(c) Edgar Halcyon.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal.
3. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He ignores Michael.
(b) He kisses Michael.
(c) He makes fun of Michael.
(d) He reassures Michael.
4. By what means of communication does Mary Ann tell her mother that she is not returning home?
(b) Telephone call.
(c) Face-to-face conversation.
5. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
(a) Michael Tolliver.
(b) Beauchamp Day.
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Brian Hawkins.
6. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
(a) The park.
(b) Back to work.
(d) The beach.
7. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
(a) She brushes her teeth.
(b) She eats a snack.
(c) She goes to sleep.
(d) She reads a novel.
8. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
(a) They promise to stay in touch.
(b) Mary Ann leaves in the middle of the night.
(c) Connie moves in with her boyfriend.
(d) They get in a fight.
9. How does Mary Ann know Connie Bradshaw?
(a) From high school.
(b) From her first job.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From her mother.
10. Why is Mona fired from her job?
(a) She makes personal telephone calls.
(b) She talks back to an important client.
(c) She arrives late.
(d) She gets in a fight with her boss.
11. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
12. How does Michael meet Jon?
(a) He meets Jon in a bathhouse.
(b) He approaches Jon in a bar.
(c) He runs into Jon on roller skates.
(d) He gets introduced by a mutual friend.
13. On the day Mary Ann is invited for dinner, Mona leaves work early in order to reassure whom?
(a) Mary Ann.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal.
14. Where does Mary Ann volunteer?
(a) Pioneer Elementary School.
(b) San Francisco Gay Alliance.
(c) Bay Area Crisis Switchboard.
(d) American Red Cross.
15. Upon arriving at the cabin in Mendocino, what is Mary Ann bothered by?
(a) She dislikes the furniture.
(b) There is only one bathroom.
(c) There is only one bed.
(d) She will have to cook dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the landlady of 28 Barbary Lane?
2. What is Social Safeway?
3. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
4. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
5. In "Anguish in Bohemia," what does Beauchamp remember while he is having a drink with his friend Peter?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)