|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the argument between Beauchamp and Mary Ann when they are in bed together for the first time?
(a) Beauchamp's impotence.
(b) Beauchamp's wife.
(c) Mary Ann's nervousness.
(d) Mary Ann's snoring.
2. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
(a) He cooks a romantic dinner for her.
(b) He gives her a neck massage.
(c) He talks to her about her innocence.
(d) He kisses her neck.
3. What gift does Mary Ann receive as her welcome gift?
(c) A marijuana cigarette.
(d) A plant.
4. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
(a) The conductor disappears.
(b) Edgar brings Mrs. Madrigal as his date.
(c) The food is terrible.
(d) DeDe and Beauchamp have a loud argument.
5. Over whom do Beauchamp and Edgar argue in "Edgar Blows Up"?
(c) Mary Ann.
6. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
(a) To meet other homosexual men.
(b) To get clean.
(c) To participate in a co-ed orgy.
(d) To prove to himself that he is not homosexual.
7. How does Mary Ann react when her mother tells her it is time to come home?
(a) She agrees with her.
(b) She says that everything is fine.
(c) She thanks her for her opinion.
(d) She bursts into tears.
8. What does Jon do after Michael admits that he tries to make himself more attractive?
(a) He ignores Michael.
(b) He kisses Michael.
(c) He reassures Michael.
(d) He makes fun of Michael.
9. In "Brian Climbs the Walls," what is the name of the pickup joint that Brian goes to?
(a) Come Clean Laundromat.
(b) Spin and Rinse.
(c) Wash and Meet.
(d) Lusty Laundromat.
10. Why is Mona fired from her job?
(a) She talks back to an important client.
(b) She arrives late.
(c) She makes personal telephone calls.
(d) She gets in a fight with her boss.
11. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
(a) Six years.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
12. When Mona and Michael are at the nude beach, what does Mona complain about?
(a) Homosexual men are flamboyant.
(b) Straight men are repulsive.
(c) Mona's job is boring.
(d) Brian is dismissive of Mona.
13. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
(a) Connie misses her home.
(b) It is Connie's graduation.
(c) It is Connie's birthday.
(d) Connie has a boyfriend.
14. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
(a) The park.
(b) The beach.
(d) Back to work.
15. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Brian Hawkins.
(b) Anna Madrigal.
(c) Ruby Miller.
(d) Michael Tolliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does DeDe learn from Splinter?
2. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
3. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
4. What is the reason Mrs. Madrigal gives for wanting to meet Mona?
5. Why does Frannie come out of the bathroom at her party?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)