|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
(a) There are many hills to walk up.
(b) There are many liberal people.
(c) There are more homosexual men than straight men.
(d) There are more elderly people than young people.
2. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
3. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
(a) To make friends.
(b) Because they have been abandoned.
(c) To talk.
(d) Because they are suicidal.
4. What does Edgar learn when he returns home from Mrs. Miller's?
(a) Frannie plans on getting a job.
(b) Frannie plans on hosting a party.
(c) Frannie thinks he has an affair.
(d) Frannie believes he is depressed.
5. In "The Case of the Six Batons," who does Michael meet at the bathhouse?
(a) The conductor.
(d) The Chinese delivery boy.
6. After admitting that his wife left him, what does Vincent do?
(a) He locks himself in the bathroom.
(b) He calls a friend for support.
(c) He tries to commit suicide.
(d) He leaves the building to go home.
7. Edgar thinks that Mrs. Madrigal __________ his pain.
(a) Feels threatened by.
8. What does Brian learn from Connie after they have sex?
(a) Connie misses her home.
(b) It is Connie's birthday.
(c) It is Connie's graduation.
(d) Connie has a boyfriend.
9. When Mona tells Mary Ann that she has to make things work, what does she give her?
(a) A scarf.
(b) An address.
(c) A joint.
(d) A phone number.
10. In "Anguish in Bohemia," what does Beauchamp remember while he is having a drink with his friend Peter?
(a) He remembers how he used to act when he in college.
(b) He has important work to do.
(c) He is supposed to be somewhere with DeDe.
(d) Today is DeDe's birthday.
11. How does Edgar react when Mrs. Madrigal says she runs a house of her own?
12. What gift does Mary Ann receive as her welcome gift?
(a) A plant.
(b) A marijuana cigarette.
13. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
(a) He gives her a neck massage.
(b) He cooks a romantic dinner for her.
(c) He kisses her neck.
(d) He talks to her about her innocence.
14. What is Jon's job?
(c) Advertising executive.
15. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ruby put Edgar for the massage she gives him?
2. In "Relating at Lunch," what does Beauchamp reveal to Mary Ann?
3. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
4. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
5. What is Social Safeway?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)