|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mona tells Mary Ann that she has to make things work, what does she give her?
(a) A joint.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A phone number.
(d) An address.
2. Which character does Edgar meet at the park when he is there after finding out how long he has to live?
(a) Ruby Miller.
(b) Brian Hawkins.
(c) Michael Tolliver.
(d) Anna Madrigal.
3. What do Beauchamp and Peter do at the opera?
(a) Leave at intermission.
(b) Snort cocaine.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Pick up on women.
4. What is Mary Ann's job before she moves to San Fransisco?
(d) Flight attendant.
5. Where are the couple when Edgar confesses to Mrs. Madrigal that he is dying?
(a) The beach.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The park.
(d) His house.
6. What is Jon's job?
(a) Advertising executive.
7. When Mrs. Madrigal calls Edgar on Mona's behalf, how does Edgar react?
(a) He tells her to stop interfering.
(b) He vows never to see her again.
(c) He hangs up on her.
(d) He thanks her for her advice.
8. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
9. Why is Edgar seeing Ruby Miller?
(a) He works with her.
(b) He plans a social function with her.
(c) He has an affair.
(d) He has health problems.
10. In "Mrs. Day at Home," who does DeDe call?
11. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
(a) She brushes her teeth.
(b) She eats a snack.
(c) She goes to sleep.
(d) She reads a novel.
12. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To talk.
(c) Because they are suicidal.
(d) Because they have been abandoned.
13. What does Brian talk about with Hillary before she invites him to her room?
(a) Politics and sports.
(b) Slavery and cooking.
(c) Socialism and communism.
(d) Vegetarianism and activism.
14. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
15. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mary Ann find the welcome gift taped to her door?
2. What does Mrs. Madrigal say she acquired by growing up in a whorehouse?
3. Which character seems to hide a secret?
4. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
5. How does Beauchamp seduce Mary Ann?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)