Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Ann volunteer?
(a) American Red Cross.
(b) San Francisco Gay Alliance.
(c) Bay Area Crisis Switchboard.
(d) Pioneer Elementary School.
2. When Mona and Michael are at the nude beach, what does Mona complain about?
(a) Homosexual men are flamboyant.
(b) Straight men are repulsive.
(c) Brian is dismissive of Mona.
(d) Mona's job is boring.
3. How does Brian react when Hillary reveals that she thinks he is homosexual?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He starts laughing.
(d) He bursts into tears.
4. What does DeDe do when she returns home from talking with Mary Ann?
(a) She indulges in comfort food.
(b) She fights with Beauchamp.
(c) She goes for a long jog.
(d) She talks to a friend on the phone.
5. In "Brian Climbs the Walls," what is the name of the pickup joint that Brian goes to?
(a) Lusty Laundromat.
(b) Spin and Rinse.
(c) Wash and Meet.
(d) Come Clean Laundromat.
6. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
(c) Mona Ramsey.
(d) Edgar Halcyon.
7. Where does Edgar go after his doctor's appointment?
(a) The beach.
(b) Back to work.
(c) The park.
8. What is Jon's job?
(a) Advertising executive.
9. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) The park.
(b) A house in Nevada.
(c) His cabin in Mendocino.
(d) The beach.
10. Why does DeDe visit Mary Ann at Barbary Lane?
(a) To ask about her affair with Beauchamp.
(b) To learn what it is like to work for her father.
(c) To borrow clothes from her.
(d) To ask about her volunteer work.
11. Why does Vincent claim that people call hot lines?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To talk.
(c) Because they have been abandoned.
(d) Because they are suicidal.
12. Why does Brian go to a bathhouse?
(a) To get clean.
(b) To meet other homosexual men.
(c) To participate in a co-ed orgy.
(d) To prove to himself that he is not homosexual.
13. Mrs. Madrigal reminds Mona that she has lived at Barbary Lane for how long?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
14. Who interrupts Mrs. Madrigal's bath in search of Mary Ann?
15. In "Post-Mortem," what does Mary Ann do after looking at the "moon river"?
(a) She reads a novel.
(b) She eats a snack.
(c) She brushes her teeth.
(d) She goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frannie become upset at her party and lock herself in the bathroom?
2. After she looses her job, what does Michael do to try to cheer Mona up?
3. Based on the conversation with his doctor, how long does Edgar have to live?
4. Who does Mary Ann first tell that she is thinking of moving back to Cleveland?
5. What does Beauchamp do just after DeDe confronts him about the lie he told about going to a club meeting for the weekend?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)