|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Beauchamp related to Edgar Halcyon?
(a) Beauchamp is Edgar's son-in-law.
(b) Beauchamp is Edgar's friend.
(c) Beauchamp is Edgar's father-in-law.
(d) Beauchamp is Edgar's son.
2. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal has a boyfriend.
(b) Mrs. Madrigal never married.
(c) Mrs. Madrigal is a homosexual.
(d) Mrs. Madrigal is divorced.
3. What does Mrs. Madrigal tell Edgar as she hands him the kite?
(a) "Get it in the wind."
(b) "I approve of you."
(c) "Run fast."
(d) "Make it count."
4. In "Connie's Bummer Night," how do Mary Ann and Connie part ways?
(a) Mary Ann leaves in the middle of the night.
(b) They get in a fight.
(c) Connie moves in with her boyfriend.
(d) They promise to stay in touch.
5. With what is Mary Ann frustrated about life in San Francisco?
(a) There are many hills to walk up.
(b) There are more homosexual men than straight men.
(c) There are more elderly people than young people.
(d) There are many liberal people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tenant does Mary Ann meet while she takes out her trash?
2. Where is Mary Ann Singleton originally from?
3. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
4. After being fired, what does Mona tell Mrs. Madrigal?
5. On the day Mary Ann is invited for dinner, Mona leaves work early in order to reassure whom?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)