|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which decade is the story set?
2. Where does Mary Ann find a job?
(a) Halcyon Communications.
(b) Barbary Lane.
(d) A food processing warehouse.
3. Which character seems to hide a secret?
(a) Mrs. Madrigal.
(b) Mary Ann Singleton.
(c) Beauchamp Day.
(d) Mona Ramsey.
4. Where does Beauchamp invite Mary Ann?
(a) His cabin in Mendocino.
(b) The beach.
(c) The park.
(d) A house in Nevada.
5. After being propositioned at a nightclub by a "long-haired man," what does Mary Ann do?
(a) She dances with him.
(b) She goes home.
(c) She goes to his house.
(d) She leaves with Connie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Connie first take Mary Ann?
2. What does Mary Ann learn about Mrs. Madrigal during their conversation after Mary Ann has been in her landlady's bedroom?
3. Why does Ruby think Edgar is not seeing any improvements?
4. Who leaves Mary Ann her welcome gift?
5. Who visits Mary Ann after her dinner with Mrs. Madrigal, offering to fix something?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)