|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
2. What does Dencombe feel about his future?
3. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
4. What is Dencombe's reaction to the package he has just received?
5. How does Spencer Brydon acquire a second house?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'The Tales of Henry James.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
What makes Henry James an American author?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Henry James' feelings about the friendship and possible homosexual relationship between men. How does he characterize this relationship, and what is its status compared with other kinds of relationships and friendships?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)