Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does a premise have to have in order to be suitable for a novel, in James' opinion?
2. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
3. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
4. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
5. Who relies on the main character for support?
What are the rules that govern James' storytelling? What can you surmise from his essays and stories? Do his stories and his essays agree?
Money is an issue for many of the characters in James' stories. Where does money come from, and who produces it? Which, if any, characters, have earned their freedom by making money themselves, and what kind of freedom do the other characters come by or struggle to attain?
Many of James' characters are weak or ineffectual young men. What virtues or strengths do these young men have, and do they compensate for their weaknesses?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)