Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does a premise have to have in order to be suitable for a novel, in James' opinion?
2. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
3. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
4. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
5. Who relies on the main character for support?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'The Tales of Henry James.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Many of James' characters are weak or ineffectual young men. What virtues or strengths do these young men have, and do they compensate for their weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
What makes Henry James an American author?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)