|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
(a) He will live forever.
(b) He will write another six books.
(c) He will live a long time.
(d) He will be immortalized in his books.
2. What does art thrive on, according to 'Art of Fiction'?
(d) Real conflicts.
3. What is Dencombe's reaction to the package he has just received?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He is grateful.
(d) He is furious.
4. What is clear to the reader and to Captain Everard, but not to the main character?
(a) Lady Bradeen's husband is finding out about his wife's affair.
(b) Captain Everard is fascinated with the main character.
(c) Captain Everard does not return her affection.
(d) Captain Everard is getting bored with Lady Bradeen.
5. What is Miss Staverton's relationship with Spencer Brydon?
(a) Old friends.
(d) Old lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spencer Brydon encounter the city he moves to at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
2. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
3. What inducement does the fiancee offer the main character?
4. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
5. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)