|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Morgan?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A student.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A writer.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
3. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He found himself at home.
(b) He did not last long in any of them.
(c) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(d) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
4. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
5. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
2. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
3. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
4. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
5. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Major and Mrs. Monarch?
2. What is James saying about aristocracy in 'The Real Thing'?
3. What was 'Brooksmith' based on?
4. What is the publisher trying to obtain in 'The Aspern Papers'?
5. What effect do the Monarchs have on the illustrator's art?
6. What happens to Brooksmith when Mr. Oliver Offord dies?
7. What is the Moreens' financial situation, and how does this affect Pemberton?
8. What does 'The Real Thing' say about the nature of art?
9. Who is Pemberton? What is he hired to do?
10. What do the Europeans believe will happen to Daisy Miller, and what is their knowledge founded in?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)