|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
2. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The narrator.
(c) The guests steer it among themselves.
(d) Mr. Offord.
3. Who is Morgan?
(a) A writer.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A student.
(d) A gardener.
4. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
(a) In the street.
(b) In a garden in Rome.
(c) At Mrs. Walker's home.
(d) At Mr. Giovanelli's home.
5. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
(a) They have not been introduced.
(b) She is unmarried.
(c) He is married.
(d) She is by herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
2. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
3. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
4. How does James characterize the Moreens?
5. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
2. How effective is the unnamed publisher at getting the Aspern papers?
3. Describe Mr. Oliver Offord's salons.
4. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
5. What is the irony in the title ''The Real Thing'?
6. Where does the narrator believe Brooksmith has gone?
7. What is James saying about aristocracy in 'The Real Thing'?
8. Describe the conditions under which Morgan dies.
9. What is Brooksmith's relationship with Mr. Oliver Offord?
10. What is it about Daisy Miller that is so shocking the Europeans, and certain Americans?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)