|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
(a) To visit his aunt.
(b) To meet Daisy Miller.
(c) To come to school.
(d) To visit his lover.
2. What changes for Mr. Offord?
(a) His health declines.
(b) He adopts Brooksmith.
(c) He loses his memory.
(d) He inherits money.
3. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Weak and ineffectual.
(b) Sophisticated and smart.
(c) Outgoing and gregarious.
(d) Brilliant and curious.
4. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
(a) As a waiter.
(b) As a footman.
(c) As a cook.
(d) As a stable hand.
5. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They are looking for their daughter.
(b) They are coming to model for him.
(c) They will commission portraits.
(d) They have come to buy paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
2. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
3. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
4. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
5. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is James saying about aristocracy in 'The Real Thing'?
2. What is the setting of 'Daisy Miller,' and why is this significant?
3. What happens to Brooksmith when Mr. Oliver Offord dies?
4. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
5. What do the Europeans believe will happen to Daisy Miller, and what is their knowledge founded in?
6. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
7. How does Winterbourne meet Daisy Miller?
8. What is the Moreens' financial situation, and how does this affect Pemberton?
9. What is unique about James' narrative perspective in 'Brooksmith'?
10. What was 'Brooksmith' based on?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)