|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(b) Spends time with him alone.
(c) Kisses him publicly.
(d) Visits his house.
2. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
(a) London, England.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Vevey, Switzerland.
(d) Paris, France.
3. What is the publisher's rent?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 100 francs.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 1,000 francs.
4. How does Morgan die?
(a) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(b) From malaria.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
5. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
(a) His health.
(b) His ailing mother.
(c) His bad leg.
(d) His responsibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
3. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
4. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
5. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
2. What is it about Daisy Miller that is so shocking the Europeans, and certain Americans?
3. Describe the conditions under which Morgan dies.
4. What is the publisher trying to obtain in 'The Aspern Papers'?
5. Describe Mr. Oliver Offord's salons.
6. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
7. What is unique about James' narrative perspective in 'Brooksmith'?
8. What prevents Mr. Oliver Offord's friends from hiring Brooksmith?
9. What is Brooksmith's relationship with Mr. Oliver Offord?
10. What is the significance of the illustrator's statement that he doesn't regret the experience of drawing the Monarchs?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)