|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(b) Build a terrace in the garden.
(c) Tend to the garden himself.
(d) Hire someone to tend the garden.
2. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
(a) At Mr. Giovanelli's home.
(b) At Mrs. Walker's home.
(c) In the street.
(d) In a garden in Rome.
3. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Walker.
(b) Daisy Miller's mother.
(c) Mr. Giovanelli.
(d) Mrs. Walker.
4. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
5. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She drinks.
(b) She goes out alone.
(c) She smokes cigarettes.
(d) She walks with men in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
2. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
3. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
4. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
5. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of this story?
2. What happens in the affair between Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
3. Who is Dr. Hugh?
4. What happens to Brooksmith when Mr. Oliver Offord dies?
5. Describe the meeting of Captain Everard and the telegraph operator.
6. Who are Major and Mrs. Monarch?
7. Where does the narrator believe Brooksmith has gone?
8. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
9. Where had John Marcher and May Bartram met previously, and what had happened then?
10. What is the significance of the title?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)