|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) He rents a room from her.
(c) He rents her a room.
(d) Her publishes her biography.
2. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
3. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Visits his house.
(b) Spends time with him alone.
(c) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(d) Kisses him publicly.
4. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(b) A friend.
(c) Brooksmith's aunt.
(d) Brooksmith's daughter.
5. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They bring it to life.
(b) They expand it.
(c) They distract from it.
(d) They hurt it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
2. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
4. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
5. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about James' narrative perspective in 'Brooksmith'?
2. What is the narrator's interest in Brooksmith?
3. Where does the narrator believe Brooksmith has gone?
4. Who are Major and Mrs. Monarch?
5. What is the setting of 'Daisy Miller,' and why is this significant?
6. Describe Mr. Oliver Offord's salons.
7. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
8. Who are Miss Churm and Oronte?
9. What is the relationship between Pemberton and Morgan?
10. What is it about Daisy Miller that is so shocking the Europeans, and certain Americans?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)