|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Oronte from?
2. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mrs. Offord.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Mr. Offord.
3. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
(a) She is already sleeping with Mr. Giovanelli.
(b) She is too innocent for her own good.
(c) She is not a respectable woman.
(d) She is already secretly married.
4. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
(a) A reading club.
(b) Political meetings.
(c) Business meetings.
(d) A salon.
5. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) Where he will stay.
(b) What his hours will be.
(c) How much he will be paid.
(d) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
2. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
3. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
4. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
5. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of 'Daisy Miller,' and why is this significant?
2. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
3. What is the publisher trying to obtain in 'The Aspern Papers'?
4. What is unique about James' narrative perspective in 'Brooksmith'?
5. How does Winterbourne meet Daisy Miller?
6. What is the narrator's interest in Brooksmith?
7. Describe the conditions under which Morgan dies.
8. What feelings does the ending of 'The Aspern Papers' create in the reader?
9. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
10. Who is Pemberton? What is he hired to do?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)