|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) Brooksmith's daughter.
(b) Brooksmith's aunt.
(c) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(d) A friend.
2. How does James characterize the Moreens?
3. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Miss Tita's niece.
(b) Aspern's wife.
(c) Aspern's aunt.
(d) Aspern's lover.
4. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Tita burns them.
(b) They never actually existed.
(c) Miss Juliana burns them.
(d) He cannot afford them.
5. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
(a) She is one of his patrons.
(b) She is one a representative from an gallery.
(c) She is one of his servants.
(d) She is one of his regular models.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
2. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
3. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
4. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
5. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
2. What happens to Brooksmith when Mr. Oliver Offord dies?
3. What is James saying about aristocracy in 'The Real Thing'?
4. What is the irony in the title ''The Real Thing'?
5. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
6. What is the significance of the illustrator's statement that he doesn't regret the experience of drawing the Monarchs?
7. Who are Miss Churm and Oronte?
8. What prevents Mr. Oliver Offord's friends from hiring Brooksmith?
9. Where does the narrator believe Brooksmith has gone?
10. What was 'Brooksmith' based on?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)