|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His models.
(b) His publicists.
(c) His agents.
(d) His servants.
2. What changes for Mr. Offord?
(a) He adopts Brooksmith.
(b) He loses his memory.
(c) He inherits money.
(d) His health declines.
3. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Aspern's aunt.
(b) Aspern's wife.
(c) Miss Tita's niece.
(d) Aspern's lover.
4. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Giovanelli.
(b) Mrs. Walker.
(c) Mr. Walker.
(d) Daisy Miller's mother.
5. Who is Morgan?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pemberton?
2. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
3. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
4. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
5. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part does the telegraph operator play in the affair between Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
2. Where had John Marcher and May Bartram met previously, and what had happened then?
3. What is the irony in the secret Marcher has been keeping all these years?
4. What is the relationship between Pemberton and Morgan?
5. Under what conditions does Spencer Brydon meet Miss Staverton again?
6. Who are Major and Mrs. Monarch?
7. Where does the narrator believe Brooksmith has gone?
8. What is the tragedy of 'The Middle Years'?
9. Describe Dencombe's feelings about his own work.
10. What is the significance of the illustrator's statement that he doesn't regret the experience of drawing the Monarchs?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)