|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A freckled cockney girl.
(b) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(c) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(d) A dark, passionate girl.
2. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All men.
(b) Mostly women.
(c) Mostly men.
(d) All women.
3. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) To America.
(b) To Australia.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He departs on long travels.
4. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His models.
(b) His agents.
(c) His servants.
(d) His publicists.
5. What is the publisher's rent?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 francs.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 100 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
2. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
3. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
4. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
5. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Daisy Miller that is so shocking the Europeans, and certain Americans?
2. What is Brooksmith's relationship with Mr. Oliver Offord?
3. What is the significance of the illustrator's statement that he doesn't regret the experience of drawing the Monarchs?
4. What is the publisher trying to obtain in 'The Aspern Papers'?
5. What happens to Brooksmith when Mr. Oliver Offord dies?
6. Who is Pemberton? What is he hired to do?
7. What was 'Brooksmith' based on?
8. What is James saying about aristocracy in 'The Real Thing'?
9. Describe Mr. Oliver Offord's salons.
10. What prevents Mr. Oliver Offord's friends from hiring Brooksmith?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)