|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Distant relations.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Intimate friends.
2. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
(c) Scarlet fever.
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All men.
(b) Mostly men.
(c) All women.
(d) Mostly women.
4. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He argues with them.
(b) He dismisses them.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He listens without responding.
5. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) An ostrich-feather hat.
(b) A head wrap.
(c) An emerald necklace.
(d) A green eye shade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
3. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
4. How does Morgan die?
5. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first surprise we find out about Major and Mrs. Monarch?
2. Describe Mr. Oliver Offord's salons.
3. How does the publisher involve Miss Tita in his plot?
4. What happens to Brooksmith when Mr. Oliver Offord dies?
5. What is the irony in the title ''The Real Thing'?
6. What is James saying about aristocracy in 'The Real Thing'?
7. What do the Europeans believe will happen to Daisy Miller, and what is their knowledge founded in?
8. How does Winterbourne meet Daisy Miller?
9. What was 'Brooksmith' based on?
10. What is unique about James' narrative perspective in 'Brooksmith'?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)