Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His models.
(b) His publicists.
(c) His agents.
(d) His servants.
2. What changes for Mr. Offord?
(a) He adopts Brooksmith.
(b) He loses his memory.
(c) He inherits money.
(d) His health declines.
3. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Aspern's aunt.
(b) Aspern's wife.
(c) Miss Tita's niece.
(d) Aspern's lover.
4. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Giovanelli.
(b) Mrs. Walker.
(c) Mr. Walker.
(d) Daisy Miller's mother.
5. Who is Morgan?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A student.
6. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A student.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A gentleman.
7. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one of his patrons.
(b) He is his manservant.
(c) He is one a representative from an gallery.
(d) He is one of his regular models.
8. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(b) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(c) They get together to help find him a new position.
(d) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
9. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Intimate friends.
(d) Distant relations.
10. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) Brooksmith's daughter.
(b) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(c) A friend.
(d) Brooksmith's aunt.
11. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
12. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) To Australia.
(b) He departs on long travels.
(c) He disappears.
(d) To America.
13. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A con man.
(d) An Italian lawyer.
14. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
15. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
(a) A cube of sugar.
(b) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
2. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
3. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
4. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
5. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)