|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) A green eye shade.
(b) An emerald necklace.
(c) A head wrap.
(d) An ostrich-feather hat.
2. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
3. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
(a) He is profoundly sorry he cannot help them.
(b) He wishes they had never come.
(c) He resents them for corrupting his art.
(d) He doesn't regret it.
4. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She walks with men in the street.
(b) She drinks.
(c) She goes out alone.
(d) She smokes cigarettes.
5. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) Her publishes her biography.
(c) He rents her a room.
(d) He rents a room from her.
6. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(b) A freckled cockney girl.
(c) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(d) A dark, passionate girl.
7. Where is Oronte from?
8. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Walker.
(b) Mrs. Walker.
(c) Mr. Giovanelli.
(d) Daisy Miller's mother.
9. How does Morgan die?
(a) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(b) From malaria.
(c) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(d) From tuberculosis.
10. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) What his hours will be.
(b) Where he will stay.
(c) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
(d) How much he will be paid.
11. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Finding husbands.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Charity work.
12. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He argues with them.
(c) He listens without responding.
(d) He dismisses them.
13. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
(a) She is already sleeping with Mr. Giovanelli.
(b) She is not a respectable woman.
(c) She is already secretly married.
(d) She is too innocent for her own good.
14. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Juliana burns them.
(b) They never actually existed.
(c) Miss Tita burns them.
(d) He cannot afford them.
15. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) A model.
(b) An illustrator.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A patron of the arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
2. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
3. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
4. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
5. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)