|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
2. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They distract from it.
(b) They hurt it.
(c) They expand it.
(d) They bring it to life.
3. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
(b) Highly gifted.
4. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(b) Tend to the garden himself.
(c) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(d) Build a terrace in the garden.
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
6. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
(a) Moderating discussion.
(b) Fixing drinks.
(c) Managing the servants.
(d) Hiding the affairs.
7. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He departs on long travels.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To America.
8. How does James characterize the Moreens?
9. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) She is by herself.
(c) He is married.
(d) They have not been introduced.
10. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(b) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(c) They get together to help find him a new position.
(d) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
11. Where is Oronte from?
12. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Walker.
(b) Mrs. Walker.
(c) Daisy Miller's mother.
(d) Mr. Giovanelli.
13. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Intimate friends.
(c) Distant relations.
(d) Father and son.
14. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
15. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) An Italian lawyer.
(c) A salesman.
(d) A con man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
2. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
3. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
4. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
5. What is the publisher's rent?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)