|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publisher's rent?
(a) 100 francs.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 francs.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A student.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A tutor.
3. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's lover.
(b) Aspern's love letters.
(c) Aspern's property.
(d) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(b) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(c) They get together to help find him a new position.
(d) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
6. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(b) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(c) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(d) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
7. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
(a) At Mr. Giovanelli's home.
(b) At Mrs. Walker's home.
(c) In a garden in Rome.
(d) In the street.
8. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) To America.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He departs on long travels.
(d) To Australia.
9. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
10. How does James characterize the Moreens?
11. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Paying 1,000 francs.
(b) Marrying Miss Tita.
(c) Paying 1,000 pounds.
(d) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
12. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is guilty.
(c) He is grief-stricken.
(d) He is relieved.
13. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Aspern's aunt.
(b) Aspern's lover.
(c) Aspern's wife.
(d) Miss Tita's niece.
14. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) He rents her a room.
(b) He seduces her.
(c) Her publishes her biography.
(d) He rents a room from her.
15. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mr. Offord.
(d) Mrs. Offord.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
2. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
3. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
4. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
5. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)