|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Brilliant and curious.
(b) Weak and ineffectual.
(c) Outgoing and gregarious.
(d) Sophisticated and smart.
2. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(b) Work as models.
(c) Paintings to buy.
(d) Referrals to a painter.
3. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
(a) She is one of his regular models.
(b) She is one of his servants.
(c) She is one a representative from an gallery.
(d) She is one of his patrons.
4. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) London, England.
(d) Vevey, Switzerland.
5. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
(b) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To impress him.
6. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) They never actually existed.
(b) Miss Tita burns them.
(c) Miss Juliana burns them.
(d) He cannot afford them.
7. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
8. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) An ostrich-feather hat.
(b) An emerald necklace.
(c) A green eye shade.
(d) A head wrap.
9. How does Morgan die?
(a) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(b) From malaria.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
10. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They have a lot to lose.
(b) They have assistance to offer.
(c) They are the real thing.
(d) They deserve help.
11. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) They get together to help find him a new position.
(b) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(c) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
(d) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
12. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one of his patrons.
(b) He is one a representative from an gallery.
(c) He is one of his regular models.
(d) He is his manservant.
13. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is guilty.
(c) He is glad.
(d) He is grief-stricken.
14. What changes for Mr. Offord?
(a) He loses his memory.
(b) He inherits money.
(c) His health declines.
(d) He adopts Brooksmith.
15. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
(a) To visit his lover.
(b) To come to school.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To meet Daisy Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
2. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
3. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)