|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(b) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(c) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(d) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(b) Tend to the garden himself.
(c) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(d) Build a terrace in the garden.
3. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He listens without responding.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He argues with them.
(d) He dismisses them.
4. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
(a) To meet Daisy Miller.
(b) To visit his aunt.
(c) To come to school.
(d) To visit his lover.
5. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
(a) London, England.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Vevey, Switzerland.
6. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
(c) Scarlet fever.
7. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Work as models.
(c) Referrals to a painter.
(d) Paintings to buy.
8. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
(b) Highly gifted.
9. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
10. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
11. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He did not last long in any of them.
(b) He found himself at home.
(c) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(d) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
12. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
13. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one of his regular models.
(b) He is his manservant.
(c) He is one of his patrons.
(d) He is one a representative from an gallery.
14. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(b) Intimate friends.
(c) Distant relations.
(d) Father and son.
15. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Her publishes her biography.
(b) He rents her a room.
(c) He rents a room from her.
(d) He seduces her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes for Mr. Offord?
2. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
3. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
4. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
5. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)