|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(b) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(c) A freckled cockney girl.
(d) A dark, passionate girl.
2. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To impress him.
(d) To protect herself from getting a headache.
3. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Paying 1,000 pounds.
(b) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(c) Paying 1,000 francs.
(d) Marrying Miss Tita.
4. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
(b) A book.
(c) A cube of sugar.
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Aspern's aunt.
(b) Aspern's lover.
(c) Miss Tita's niece.
(d) Aspern's wife.
6. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(b) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(c) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(d) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
7. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Spends time with him alone.
(b) Visits his house.
(c) Kisses him publicly.
(d) Wears jewelry he gives her.
8. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) Her publishes her biography.
(c) He rents a room from her.
(d) He rents her a room.
9. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
(b) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
(c) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
(d) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
10. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
(a) Commissions for portraits.
(b) A commission to write a book.
(c) Investors for his gallery.
(d) A commission to illustrate a series of books.
11. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(b) Aspern's property.
(c) Aspern's love letters.
(d) Aspern's lover.
12. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All women.
(b) All men.
(c) Mostly men.
(d) Mostly women.
13. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
14. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mrs. Walker.
(b) Mr. Giovanelli.
(c) Mr. Walker.
(d) Daisy Miller's mother.
15. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(b) Work as models.
(c) Paintings to buy.
(d) Referrals to a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
2. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
3. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
4. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
5. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)