|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) Her publishes her biography.
(c) He rents a room from her.
(d) He rents her a room.
2. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A con man.
(c) An Italian lawyer.
(d) A street urchin.
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mostly women.
(b) All men.
(c) All women.
(d) Mostly men.
4. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mrs. Walker.
(b) Mr. Walker.
(c) Mr. Giovanelli.
(d) Daisy Miller's mother.
5. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
(a) She is not a respectable woman.
(b) She is already secretly married.
(c) She is already sleeping with Mr. Giovanelli.
(d) She is too innocent for her own good.
6. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
(a) Scarlet fever.
7. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She goes out alone.
(b) She walks with men in the street.
(c) She drinks.
(d) She smokes cigarettes.
8. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
(a) She is one of his patrons.
(b) She is one of his regular models.
(c) She is one of his servants.
(d) She is one a representative from an gallery.
9. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Weak and ineffectual.
(b) Outgoing and gregarious.
(c) Brilliant and curious.
(d) Sophisticated and smart.
10. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She responded coyly.
(b) She rudely rejected him.
(c) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(d) She started to negotiate with him.
11. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(b) Mingling in society.
(c) The food.
(d) Skimming from the household budget.
12. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
13. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Miss Tita's niece.
(b) Aspern's aunt.
(c) Aspern's lover.
(d) Aspern's wife.
14. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They drain life from the pictures.
(b) They bring life to the pictures.
(c) They dominate the others.
(d) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
15. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should sell them all of his work.
(b) They will be excellent models for him.
(c) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(d) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
2. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
3. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
4. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
5. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)