|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are outraged.
2. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They deserve help.
(b) They have a lot to lose.
(c) They are the real thing.
(d) They have assistance to offer.
3. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(b) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(c) Build a terrace in the garden.
(d) Tend to the garden himself.
4. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A painter.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A renowned poet.
5. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Referrals to a painter.
(c) Work as models.
(d) Paintings to buy.
6. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
(a) To meet Daisy Miller.
(b) To visit his lover.
(c) To come to school.
(d) To visit his aunt.
7. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's lover.
(b) Aspern's love letters.
(c) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(d) Aspern's property.
8. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
(a) Invent speeches for the characters.
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Begin speaking differently.
9. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
(a) At Mrs. Walker's home.
(b) At Mr. Giovanelli's home.
(c) In the street.
(d) In a garden in Rome.
10. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) He cannot afford them.
(b) Miss Tita burns them.
(c) Miss Juliana burns them.
(d) They never actually existed.
11. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He is guilty.
(b) He is glad.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is grief-stricken.
12. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Her publishes her biography.
(b) He rents her a room.
(c) He rents a room from her.
(d) He seduces her.
13. How does James characterize the Moreens?
14. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
15. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
2. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
4. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
5. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)