|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
(b) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
(c) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
(d) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
2. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
3. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
(a) His faith that something tremendous was going to happen to him.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His bankruptcy.
(d) His love for her.
4. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
(a) Everyone knew his secret.
(b) He had misinterpreted all the important signs.
(c) The event he waited for has already happened.
(d) She had always known about his secret.
5. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house is on Jolly Corner?
2. For how long has Spencer Brydon been living in Europe at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
3. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
4. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
5. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)