|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(b) He found himself at home.
(c) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(d) He did not last long in any of them.
2. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Vevey, Switzerland.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) London, England.
3. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
(a) A private estate.
(b) A country house.
(c) A health resort.
(d) A luxury spa.
4. What does May Bartram buy in London?
(a) A golden bowl.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A house.
(d) A pet bird.
5. What does art thrive on, according to 'Art of Fiction'?
(b) Real conflicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes for Mr. Offord?
2. What is the publisher's rent?
3. How does James characterize the main character's fiancee?
4. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)