|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Miss Tita's niece.
(b) Aspern's wife.
(c) Aspern's aunt.
(d) Aspern's lover.
2. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
(a) Invent speeches for the characters.
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Begin speaking differently.
3. What did the old superstition say about fiction?
(a) It undermines religion.
(b) It is politically subversive.
(c) It is a form of insanity.
(d) It is wicked.
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
(b) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(c) People who visit country houses.
(d) People who keep a lot of pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
2. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
3. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
4. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
5. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)