|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spencer Brydon encounter the city he moves to at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
(a) He is repulsed by it.
(b) He finds it charming.
(c) He is fascinated by how it has not changed.
(d) He is appalled by the changes.
2. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
(a) He will live a long time.
(b) He will write another six books.
(c) He will be immortalized in his books.
(d) He will live forever.
3. In what month is 'The Beast in the Jungle' set?
4. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
(c) A doctor.
5. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
(a) They are writers.
(b) They are book reviewers.
(c) They are both invalids.
(d) They are avid readers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
2. How does James describe Miss Churm?
3. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
4. How does James characterize Spencer Brydon's lifestyle all these years?
5. What is the young man, whom Dencombe sees approaching, doing?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)