|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the Munich engaged?
(a) Mr. Mudge.
(b) Captain Everard.
(c) Mr. Bradeen.
(d) A school teacher.
2. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They will commission portraits.
(b) They are looking for their daughter.
(c) They are coming to model for him.
(d) They have come to buy paintings.
3. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
(a) Alert and educated.
(b) Mousy and young.
(c) Shabby but intimidating.
(d) Middle-aged and energetic.
4. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
(a) He picks up his book.
(b) He watches the birds in the trees.
(c) He watches people milling about on the lawn below him.
(d) Three people walking up the path.
5. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He is heavily in debt.
(b) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(c) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(d) He has many mistresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
2. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
3. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
4. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
5. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)