|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) He disappears.
(b) To America.
(c) He departs on long travels.
(d) To Australia.
2. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
(a) His death.
(b) His bankruptcy.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His pathological fears.
3. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They are the real thing.
(b) They deserve help.
(c) They have assistance to offer.
(d) They have a lot to lose.
4. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He feigns shortness of breath.
(b) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
(c) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(d) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
5. Who is Miss Vernham?
(a) Dr. Hugh's assistant.
(b) Dr. Hugh's lover.
(c) The Countess' paid companion.
(d) The Countess' niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
2. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
3. What is clear to the reader and to Captain Everard, but not to the main character?
4. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
5. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)