|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
(a) In London.
(b) During a theatre performance.
(c) Touring a country house.
(d) In Paris.
2. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
(a) He was so polite.
(b) He looked so pitiable.
(c) He got lost in the crowd.
(d) He would talk to the old ladies.
3. For how long has Spencer Brydon been living in Europe at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 12 years.
4. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
(c) A cube of sugar.
(d) A book.
5. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
(a) He wants to help her, but cannot break convention to do so.
(b) He loves her but does not want to show it.
(c) He is grateful to her for her help, but cannot acknowledge it.
(d) He resents her intrusion into his affair, but can't acknowledge the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe the Countess?
2. How old is Spencer Brydon?
3. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
4. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)