|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(b) People who visit country houses.
(c) People who keep a lot of pets.
(d) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
2. What does the main character do to help Lady Bradeen?
(a) Warns her about her husband's visit.
(b) Protects her reputation.
(c) Corrects an error in her telegram.
(d) Saves her money.
3. What does Spencer Brydon do with the second house he acquires?
(a) Renovates it to rent it.
(b) Installs his friends in it.
(c) Installs his mistress in it.
(d) Moves into it.
4. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Build a terrace in the garden.
(b) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(c) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(d) Tend to the garden himself.
5. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
(a) Alert and educated.
(b) Mousy and young.
(c) Middle-aged and energetic.
(d) Shabby but intimidating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
2. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
4. What does art thrive on, according to 'Art of Fiction'?
5. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)