|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are disbelieving.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are depressed.
3. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
(a) She contains the fallout of their affair.
(b) She hides their correspondence from investigators.
(c) She poses as Captain Everard's lover for the sake of Lady Bradeen's husband.
(d) She prevents Lady Bradeen's husband from finding out.
4. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a publishing house.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) In a government office.
(d) In a newspaper office.
5. How does Spencer Brydon acquire a second house?
(a) As a gift.
(b) As a business investment.
(c) He bought it.
(d) By inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
2. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
3. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
4. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
5. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)