|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
(a) To pay more attention to the Countess.
(b) To tend to his health not his writing.
(c) To take care of his own health.
(d) To leave Dr. Hugh alone.
2. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Brilliant and curious.
(b) Outgoing and gregarious.
(c) Sophisticated and smart.
(d) Weak and ineffectual.
3. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Finding husbands.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Charity work.
4. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) Brooksmith's aunt.
(b) Brooksmith's daughter.
(c) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(d) A friend.
5. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
(a) They were his first.
(b) They are his last two books.
(c) They have not been written yet.
(d) He will never write them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Staverton's relationship with Spencer Brydon?
2. How does James characterize the main character's fiancee?
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
4. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
5. Where is Oronte from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)