|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
(a) Begin speaking differently.
(b) Change clothes.
(c) Close their eyes.
(d) Invent speeches for the characters.
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They are disbelieving.
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(b) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(c) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(d) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
4. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
(a) A commission to illustrate a series of books.
(b) Commissions for portraits.
(c) Investors for his gallery.
(d) A commission to write a book.
5. How old is Spencer Brydon?
(a) 71 years old.
(b) 67 years old.
(c) 46 years old.
(d) 56 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
2. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
3. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
4. Who relies on the main character for support?
5. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)