|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
(b) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(c) People who visit country houses.
(d) People who keep a lot of pets.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
(a) John finds May interesting but pedestrian.
(b) John is obviously in love with May.
(c) May is obviously in love with John.
(d) May relies on John but does not love him.
3. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
(a) He accepts invitations from time to time.
(b) He hardly ever goes out.
(c) He travels as much as possible.
(d) He is always socializing.
4. Who haunts the house on jolly corner?
(a) Spencer Brydon's former self.
(b) Spencer Brydon's love for Miss Staverton.
(c) The man Spencer Brydon could have been.
(d) Spencer Brydon's father.
5. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
(a) High society.
(c) Art and ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character's fiancee encourage her to do?
2. What does Dencombe realize as he dies?
3. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
4. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
5. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)