|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
2. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
(a) Moved in with May Bartram.
(b) Let May Bartram teach him about philanthropy.
(c) Taken May Bartram for a mistress.
(d) Fallen in love with May Bartram.
3. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Sophisticated and smart.
(b) Outgoing and gregarious.
(c) Brilliant and curious.
(d) Weak and ineffectual.
4. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
(a) She suspects the main character of having a crush on Captain Everard.
(b) She understands that the main character is watching her.
(c) She moves away.
(d) She is sure the main character has stolen from her.
5. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Oronte from?
2. What is John Marcher there to see?
3. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
4. Which was NOT one of Mr. Besant's general laws of fiction?
5. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)