|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
(a) He did not expect this money to come to him.
(b) His previous books were not well received, and he does not expect this one to be either.
(c) He has published so many novels, he has gone through this before.
(d) This is his first book.
2. Where do the main character and Captain Everard run into each other?
(a) In the grocery.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At the theatre.
(d) In the park.
3. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
4. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(a) Jewelry from the Countess.
(b) A favorable review in a literary journal.
(c) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
5. Who haunts the house on jolly corner?
(a) Spencer Brydon's father.
(b) Spencer Brydon's love for Miss Staverton.
(c) The man Spencer Brydon could have been.
(d) Spencer Brydon's former self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house is on Jolly Corner?
2. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
3. What is Miss Staverton's relationship with Spencer Brydon?
4. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
5. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)