|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(b) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(c) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
(d) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
2. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a government office.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) In a publishing house.
(d) In a newspaper office.
3. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
(a) His love for her.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His faith that something tremendous was going to happen to him.
(d) His bankruptcy.
4. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
(a) He is grateful to her for her help, but cannot acknowledge it.
(b) He resents her intrusion into his affair, but can't acknowledge the affair.
(c) He loves her but does not want to show it.
(d) He wants to help her, but cannot break convention to do so.
5. What is Miss Staverton's relationship with Spencer Brydon?
(a) Old friends.
(d) Old lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
2. Whose life does John Marcher think his life should have resembled?
3. What does James say a damsel in a small village can write about, if she is someone on whom nothing is lost?
4. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
5. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)