|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
2. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(b) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
(c) He feigns shortness of breath.
(d) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
3. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To seduce him.
(b) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(c) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
(d) To impress him.
4. What does Spencer Brydon do with the second house he acquires?
(a) Moves into it.
(b) Renovates it to rent it.
(c) Installs his mistress in it.
(d) Installs his friends in it.
5. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(b) The guests steer it among themselves.
(c) Mr. Offord.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who relies on the main character for support?
2. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
3. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
4. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
5. What does James say a damsel in a small village can write about, if she is someone on whom nothing is lost?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)