|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mostly women.
(b) All women.
(c) All men.
(d) Mostly men.
2. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
(a) A street urchin.
(b) Daisy Miller's son.
(c) Daisy Miller's brother.
(d) Daisy Miller's cousin.
3. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
(a) In the library.
(b) In Crocker's grocery.
(c) In the post office.
(d) In the bank.
4. Where does Spencer Brydon return to at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
(b) New York.
5. How long did stories need to be in James' time?
(a) Around 5,000 words.
(b) Around 7,000 words.
(c) Around 10,000 words.
(d) Around 3,000 words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pemberton?
2. What does James say fiction must be, above all?
3. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
4. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
5. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)