|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Spencer Brydon return to at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
(d) New York.
2. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
(a) In the post office.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the bank.
(d) In Crocker's grocery.
3. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(b) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(c) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
(d) It would have broken him if it had happened.
4. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Referrals to a painter.
(c) Paintings to buy.
(d) Work as models.
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
2. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
3. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
4. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
5. What did the old superstition say about fiction?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)