|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old superstition say about fiction?
(a) It undermines religion.
(b) It is politically subversive.
(c) It is a form of insanity.
(d) It is wicked.
2. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
(a) She poses as Captain Everard's lover for the sake of Lady Bradeen's husband.
(b) She contains the fallout of their affair.
(c) She hides their correspondence from investigators.
(d) She prevents Lady Bradeen's husband from finding out.
3. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
4. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
(a) They were his first.
(b) They are his last two books.
(c) They have not been written yet.
(d) He will never write them.
5. What does Dencombe expect when he opens the package he has received?
(a) To be proud of his book.
(b) To find that the check was for less than he expected.
(c) To see the flaws in his book.
(d) To get a dire diagnosis for his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
2. How does James characterize Spencer Brydon's lifestyle all these years?
3. How does James characterize the Moreens?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
5. How long did stories need to be in James' time?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)