|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
(b) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(c) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(d) They get together to help find him a new position.
2. Who is May Bartram?
(a) A tourist.
(b) A teacher in the school John Marcher visited.
(c) A student studying in the museum John Marcher was touring.
(d) A guest in the country house John Marcher is touring.
3. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
(a) She suspects the main character of having a crush on Captain Everard.
(b) She understands that the main character is watching her.
(c) She is sure the main character has stolen from her.
(d) She moves away.
4. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
(a) Dr. Hugh is called away.
(b) He dies.
(c) Dr. Hugh tells him about the Countess and Miss Vernham.
(d) He faints.
5. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the Moreens?
2. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
3. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
4. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
5. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)