|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Walker.
(b) Mr. Giovanelli.
(c) Daisy Miller's mother.
(d) Mrs. Walker.
2. How does Morgan die?
(a) From malaria.
(b) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(c) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(d) From tuberculosis.
3. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They are looking for their daughter.
(b) They are coming to model for him.
(c) They will commission portraits.
(d) They have come to buy paintings.
5. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
(a) To take care of his own health.
(b) To pay more attention to the Countess.
(c) To leave Dr. Hugh alone.
(d) To tend to his health not his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
2. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
3. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
5. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)