|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
2. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
(a) By talking with Captain Everard.
(b) By chance.
(c) By talking with another telegraph operator.
(d) By talking with Mrs. Jordan.
3. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A salesman.
(b) An Italian lawyer.
(c) A con man.
(d) A street urchin.
4. Who is the main character?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A factory girl.
(c) A Countess.
(d) A telegraph operator.
5. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(b) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(c) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character's fiancee encourage her to do?
2. Why does James say John Marcher lives like this?
3. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
4. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
5. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)