|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dencombe's reaction to the package he has just received?
(a) He is grateful.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is furious.
2. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) Profits from her novel.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) Her personal fortune.
(d) A gift from her fiancée.
3. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
(a) Fallen in love with May Bartram.
(b) Let May Bartram teach him about philanthropy.
(c) Moved in with May Bartram.
(d) Taken May Bartram for a mistress.
4. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
(a) In lower-class households.
(b) In museums.
(c) In newspapers.
(d) In aristocratic houses.
5. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Tita burns them.
(b) Miss Juliana burns them.
(c) They never actually existed.
(d) He cannot afford them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
2. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
3. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
4. What is the publisher's rent?
5. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)