|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
(a) By chance.
(b) By talking with Captain Everard.
(c) By talking with Mrs. Jordan.
(d) By talking with another telegraph operator.
2. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In London.
(d) In Rome.
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All men.
(b) Mostly men.
(c) Mostly women.
(d) All women.
4. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
(a) His bankruptcy.
(b) His faith that something tremendous was going to happen to him.
(c) His love for her.
(d) His homosexuality.
5. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
(b) Where he will stay.
(c) What his hours will be.
(d) How much he will be paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
2. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
3. What happens to Lady Bradeen's husband after he discovers his wife's affair?
4. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
5. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)