|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) Her personal fortune.
(b) Profits from her novel.
(c) A gift from her fiancée.
(d) An inheritance.
2. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
3. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Charity work.
(b) Finding husbands.
(d) Factory work.
4. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
(a) Lady Bradeen.
(b) Captain Everard.
(c) Mr. Mudge.
(d) Mrs. Jordan.
5. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
(a) She poses as Captain Everard's lover for the sake of Lady Bradeen's husband.
(b) She contains the fallout of their affair.
(c) She hides their correspondence from investigators.
(d) She prevents Lady Bradeen's husband from finding out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
2. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
3. How does James describe Miss Churm?
4. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
5. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)