|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Spends time with him alone.
(b) Visits his house.
(c) Kisses him publicly.
(d) Wears jewelry he gives her.
2. What happens to Lady Bradeen's husband after he discovers his wife's affair?
(a) He dies.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He takes a lover of his own.
(d) He leaves her.
3. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
(c) Highly gifted.
4. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He did not last long in any of them.
(b) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(c) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(d) He found himself at home.
5. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(a) A favorable review in a literary journal.
(c) Jewelry from the Countess.
(d) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
2. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
3. What is clear to the reader and to Captain Everard, but not to the main character?
4. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
5. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)