|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a government office.
(b) In a publishing house.
(c) In a newspaper office.
(d) He is an artist.
2. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) They never actually existed.
(b) Miss Juliana burns them.
(c) Miss Tita burns them.
(d) He cannot afford them.
3. Why does James say John Marcher lives like this?
(a) To give himself time to make his secret less destructive in his life.
(b) To search for the most suitable partner.
(c) To remedy his guilt about inheriting his father's money.
(d) To avoid others detecting his secret.
4. Who is the main character?
(a) A telegraph operator.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A factory girl.
(d) A Countess.
5. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
2. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
3. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
4. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
5. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)