|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
(a) She hides their correspondence from investigators.
(b) She prevents Lady Bradeen's husband from finding out.
(c) She poses as Captain Everard's lover for the sake of Lady Bradeen's husband.
(d) She contains the fallout of their affair.
2. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All men.
(b) Mostly men.
(c) All women.
(d) Mostly women.
3. What does Dencombe realize as he dies?
(a) People die and get reborn all the time.
(b) Books only live forever if they have readers.
(c) People only get one chance.
(d) Writers are already dead.
4. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
(a) Scarlet fever.
5. What is the publisher's rent?
(a) 1,000 francs.
(b) 100 francs.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
2. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
3. What changes for Mr. Offord?
4. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
5. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)