|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
(a) A month.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 7 or 10 years.
2. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) Profits from her novel.
(b) A gift from her fiancée.
(c) Her personal fortune.
(d) An inheritance.
3. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(b) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(c) They will be excellent models for him.
(d) He should sell them all of his work.
4. What does Dencombe expect when he opens the package he has received?
(a) To see the flaws in his book.
(b) To be proud of his book.
(c) To get a dire diagnosis for his health.
(d) To find that the check was for less than he expected.
5. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
(a) He says that she is homely.
(b) He says that she looks frightful.
(c) He says that she is pretty.
(d) He says that she is plain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character do to help Lady Bradeen?
2. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
3. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
4. What does Dencombe feel about his future?
5. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)