|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(b) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(c) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(d) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
2. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He argues with them.
(b) He listens without responding.
(c) He dismisses them.
(d) He agrees.
3. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
4. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
5. What does Dencombe feel about his writing career?
(a) He does not have any good ideas left.
(b) He has peaked.
(c) He still had good ideas he is anxious to explore.
(d) His best work is still to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
2. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
3. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
4. Who is Pemberton?
5. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)