|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She started to negotiate with him.
(b) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(c) She rudely rejected him.
(d) She responded coyly.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Distant relations.
(b) Intimate friends.
(d) Father and son.
3. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A gift from her fiancée.
(c) Profits from her novel.
(d) Her personal fortune.
4. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
(a) She suspects the main character of having a crush on Captain Everard.
(b) She is sure the main character has stolen from her.
(c) She understands that the main character is watching her.
(d) She moves away.
5. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(c) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. What is the publisher's rent?
3. How does James describe the Countess?
4. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
5. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)