|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) They will be excellent models for him.
(b) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(c) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(d) He should sell them all of his work.
2. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) An ostrich-feather hat.
(b) An emerald necklace.
(c) A head wrap.
(d) A green eye shade.
3. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They dominate the others.
(b) They bring life to the pictures.
(c) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(d) They drain life from the pictures.
4. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(b) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
(c) A favorable review in a literary journal.
(d) Jewelry from the Countess.
5. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
2. Where is Oronte from?
3. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
4. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
5. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)