|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe the Countess?
(a) Fit and energetic.
(b) Stout and middle-aged.
(c) Mousy and retiring.
(d) Fragile and unhealthy-looking.
2. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
(a) They have not been written yet.
(b) He will never write them.
(c) They were his first.
(d) They are his last two books.
3. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) An ostrich-feather hat.
(b) A head wrap.
(c) A green eye shade.
(d) An emerald necklace.
4. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Distant relations.
(d) Intimate friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
2. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
3. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
4. What does Dencombe feel about his future?
5. Where does the main character stroll past on her way home?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)