|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(b) Jewelry from the Countess.
(c) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
(d) A favorable review in a literary journal.
2. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(b) He is heavily in debt.
(c) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(d) He has many mistresses.
3. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
4. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
5. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The guests steer it among themselves.
(b) Mr. Offord.
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
2. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
3. Who is the main character?
4. Where does John Marcher work?
5. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)