|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Marcher realize about the event he was waiting for?
(a) He was mistaken about it from the start.
(b) It was never going to happen.
(c) He had been looking in all the wrong places.
(d) He was not worthy of it.
2. What does the main character's fiancee encourage her to do?
(a) Give up her job and move to his apartment.
(b) Abandon her alcoholic mother.
(c) Move to the Chalk Farms neighborhood.
(d) Move in with him before they are married.
3. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
(a) In the street.
(b) In a garden in Rome.
(c) At Mr. Giovanelli's home.
(d) At Mrs. Walker's home.
4. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Kisses him publicly.
(b) Visits his house.
(c) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(d) Spends time with him alone.
5. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) They have not been introduced.
(c) She is by herself.
(d) He is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pemberton?
2. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
3. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
4. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)