|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
(a) In newspapers.
(b) In museums.
(c) In lower-class households.
(d) In aristocratic houses.
2. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
(a) Dr. Hugh is called away.
(b) He dies.
(c) He faints.
(d) Dr. Hugh tells him about the Countess and Miss Vernham.
3. What does John Marcher realize about the event he was waiting for?
(a) He had been looking in all the wrong places.
(b) It was never going to happen.
(c) He was not worthy of it.
(d) He was mistaken about it from the start.
4. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) A green eye shade.
(b) A head wrap.
(c) An ostrich-feather hat.
(d) An emerald necklace.
5. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
(a) Business meetings.
(b) Political meetings.
(c) A salon.
(d) A reading club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
2. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
3. What does the main character do to help Lady Bradeen?
4. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
5. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)