|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
(a) To tend to his health not his writing.
(b) To leave Dr. Hugh alone.
(c) To pay more attention to the Countess.
(d) To take care of his own health.
2. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He found himself at home.
(b) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(c) He did not last long in any of them.
(d) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
3. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(b) People who keep a lot of pets.
(c) People who visit country houses.
(d) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
4. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mr. Offord.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Mrs. Offord.
5. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Weak and ineffectual.
(b) Brilliant and curious.
(c) Outgoing and gregarious.
(d) Sophisticated and smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
2. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
3. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)