|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Tita burns them.
(b) Miss Juliana burns them.
(c) He cannot afford them.
(d) They never actually existed.
2. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
(a) At Mr. Giovanelli's home.
(b) At Mrs. Walker's home.
(c) In a garden in Rome.
(d) In the street.
3. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
(a) 80 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
4. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
(a) He wishes they had never come.
(b) He is profoundly sorry he cannot help them.
(c) He doesn't regret it.
(d) He resents them for corrupting his art.
5. What inducement does the fiancee offer the main character?
(a) Undying affection.
(b) Savings on rent.
(c) Help with her housework.
(d) A more luxurious lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character do to help Lady Bradeen?
2. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
3. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
4. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)