|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(b) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
(c) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(d) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
2. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
(b) He feigns shortness of breath.
(c) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(d) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
3. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She smokes cigarettes.
(b) She walks with men in the street.
(c) She drinks.
(d) She goes out alone.
4. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
5. To whom is the Munich engaged?
(a) Captain Everard.
(b) Mr. Bradeen.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) Mr. Mudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
2. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
3. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
4. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)