|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
2. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her hat.
(b) A checkbook.
(c) A pair of soiled gloves.
(d) Her son.
3. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
4. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
(a) He will be immortalized in his books.
(b) He will live a long time.
(c) He will live forever.
(d) He will write another six books.
5. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She started to negotiate with him.
(b) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(c) She responded coyly.
(d) She rudely rejected him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
2. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
3. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
4. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
5. How does James describe Pemberton?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)