|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All women.
(b) Mostly men.
(c) Mostly women.
(d) All men.
2. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
(a) He hardly ever goes out.
(b) He travels as much as possible.
(c) He is always socializing.
(d) He accepts invitations from time to time.
3. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A student.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A gentleman.
4. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Vevey, Switzerland.
(d) London, England.
5. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
(a) His most recent book.
(b) A check.
(c) Notice of a friend's death.
(d) A letter from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Oronte from?
2. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
3. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
4. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
5. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)