|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
(a) He resents her intrusion into his affair, but can't acknowledge the affair.
(b) He loves her but does not want to show it.
(c) He wants to help her, but cannot break convention to do so.
(d) He is grateful to her for her help, but cannot acknowledge it.
2. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
(a) He is enthusiastic by reserved.
(b) He is unrestrainedly critical.
(c) He praises it lavishly.
(d) He is profoundly personally moved.
3. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) A pair of soiled gloves.
(b) Her son.
(c) A checkbook.
(d) Her hat.
4. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
(a) Managing the servants.
(b) Fixing drinks.
(c) Moderating discussion.
(d) Hiding the affairs.
5. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The food.
(b) Skimming from the household budget.
(c) Mingling in society.
(d) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
2. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
3. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
4. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
5. What is the young man, whom Dencombe sees approaching, doing?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)