|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(b) Distant relations.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Intimate friends.
2. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He cannot pay attention to it.
(c) He despairs.
(d) He is impressed.
3. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the post office.
(c) In Crocker's grocery.
(d) In the bank.
4. What does the main character plan to do, when she is disappointed by Captain Everard?
(a) Offer to work for Lady Bradeen.
(b) Break off with Mr. Mudge.
(c) Marry Mr. Mudge.
(d) Expose the affair to Lady Bradeen's husband.
5. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
(a) A cube of sugar.
(c) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
2. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
3. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
4. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
5. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)