|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morgan die?
(a) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(b) From tuberculosis.
(c) From malaria.
(d) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
2. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
(a) A commission to write a book.
(b) Commissions for portraits.
(c) A commission to illustrate a series of books.
(d) Investors for his gallery.
3. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) An Italian lawyer.
(b) A con man.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) A salesman.
4. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
(a) She is already secretly married.
(b) She is not a respectable woman.
(c) She is already sleeping with Mr. Giovanelli.
(d) She is too innocent for her own good.
5. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 80 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
2. How does James characterize the Moreens?
3. What does the main character do to help Lady Bradeen?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
5. How does James describe Pemberton?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)