|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
(a) By talking with Captain Everard.
(b) By talking with another telegraph operator.
(c) By talking with Mrs. Jordan.
(d) By chance.
2. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She goes out alone.
(b) She smokes cigarettes.
(c) She drinks.
(d) She walks with men in the street.
3. Who is Miss Vernham?
(a) Dr. Hugh's assistant.
(b) The Countess' paid companion.
(c) Dr. Hugh's lover.
(d) The Countess' niece.
4. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) Brooksmith's daughter.
(b) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(c) A friend.
(d) Brooksmith's aunt.
5. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) They will be excellent models for him.
(b) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(c) He should sell them all of his work.
(d) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
2. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
3. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
4. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
5. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)