|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inducement does the fiancee offer the main character?
(a) A more luxurious lifestyle.
(b) Help with her housework.
(c) Undying affection.
(d) Savings on rent.
2. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(b) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(c) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(d) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
3. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Marrying Miss Tita.
(b) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(c) Paying 1,000 francs.
(d) Paying 1,000 pounds.
4. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(b) Mr. Offord.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The guests steer it among themselves.
5. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They are coming to model for him.
(b) They will commission portraits.
(c) They have come to buy paintings.
(d) They are looking for their daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the main character stroll past on her way home?
2. Who is the main character?
3. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
4. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
5. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)