|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
(a) They are his last two books.
(b) They have not been written yet.
(c) They were his first.
(d) He will never write them.
2. Where do the main character and Captain Everard run into each other?
(a) At the theatre.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In the grocery.
(d) In the park.
3. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mingling in society.
(b) Skimming from the household budget.
(c) The food.
(d) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
4. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A freckled cockney girl.
(b) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(c) A dark, passionate girl.
(d) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
5. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She rudely rejected him.
(b) She responded coyly.
(c) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(d) She started to negotiate with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
2. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
3. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
4. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
5. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)