|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(b) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
(c) He feigns shortness of breath.
(d) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Tend to the garden himself.
(b) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(c) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(d) Build a terrace in the garden.
3. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They have assistance to offer.
(b) They are the real thing.
(c) They have a lot to lose.
(d) They deserve help.
4. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(a) Hobnobbing in London.
(b) Waiting table for the gods.
(c) Playing horses in America.
5. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should sell them all of his work.
(b) They will be excellent models for him.
(c) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(d) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dencombe feel about his writing career?
2. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
3. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
4. How does James characterize Lady Bradeen?
5. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)