|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the Munich engaged?
(a) Mr. Mudge.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) Captain Everard.
(d) Mr. Bradeen.
2. What does Dencombe feel about his future?
(a) He expects to begin over again.
(b) He looks forward to critical appreciation for the book he is working on now.
(c) He is apprehensive about his savings holding out.
(d) He is depressed about his narrowing prospects.
3. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is guilty.
(c) He is grief-stricken.
(d) He is glad.
4. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
(a) In the post office.
(b) In the library.
(c) In Crocker's grocery.
(d) In the bank.
5. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He cannot pay attention to it.
(d) He despairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
2. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
3. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)