|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Moreens?
2. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She responded coyly.
(b) She started to negotiate with him.
(c) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(d) She rudely rejected him.
3. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
(a) He is profoundly sorry he cannot help them.
(b) He wishes they had never come.
(c) He resents them for corrupting his art.
(d) He doesn't regret it.
4. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her son.
(c) A checkbook.
(d) A pair of soiled gloves.
5. What does the main character plan to do, when she is disappointed by Captain Everard?
(a) Expose the affair to Lady Bradeen's husband.
(b) Marry Mr. Mudge.
(c) Offer to work for Lady Bradeen.
(d) Break off with Mr. Mudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
2. What does Dencombe realize as he dies?
3. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)