|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character do to help Lady Bradeen?
(a) Corrects an error in her telegram.
(b) Saves her money.
(c) Warns her about her husband's visit.
(d) Protects her reputation.
2. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
(b) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
(c) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
(d) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
3. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They are the real thing.
(b) They have a lot to lose.
(c) They deserve help.
(d) They have assistance to offer.
4. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(b) He is heavily in debt.
(c) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(d) He has many mistresses.
5. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character's fiancee encourage her to do?
2. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
3. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
4. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
5. What changes for Mr. Offord?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)