|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
(a) She is sure the main character has stolen from her.
(b) She moves away.
(c) She understands that the main character is watching her.
(d) She suspects the main character of having a crush on Captain Everard.
2. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's lover.
(b) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(c) Aspern's property.
(d) Aspern's love letters.
3. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
4. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(b) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(c) He is heavily in debt.
(d) He has many mistresses.
5. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
(a) He wants to help her, but cannot break convention to do so.
(b) He is grateful to her for her help, but cannot acknowledge it.
(c) He loves her but does not want to show it.
(d) He resents her intrusion into his affair, but can't acknowledge the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
3. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
4. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
5. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)