|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Vernham?
(a) The Countess' niece.
(b) Dr. Hugh's lover.
(c) Dr. Hugh's assistant.
(d) The Countess' paid companion.
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(b) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(c) Build a terrace in the garden.
(d) Tend to the garden himself.
3. What is the young man, whom Dencombe sees approaching, doing?
(a) Reading one of his books.
(b) Reading a letter.
(c) Reading a critical review of his book.
(d) Discoursing to the young girl.
4. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
(b) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
(c) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
(d) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
5. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(b) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
(c) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(d) They get together to help find him a new position.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
2. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
3. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
4. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
5. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)