|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(b) Intimate friends.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Distant relations.
2. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
(a) Looking for a model.
(b) Writing a pamphlet.
(c) Composing a letter.
(d) Illustrating a book.
3. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(b) They will be excellent models for him.
(c) He should sell them all of his work.
(d) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
4. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
(a) Dr. Hugh is called away.
(b) Dr. Hugh tells him about the Countess and Miss Vernham.
(c) He faints.
(d) He dies.
5. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
2. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
3. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
4. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
5. Who is Miss Vernham?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)