|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is clear to the reader and to Captain Everard, but not to the main character?
(a) Captain Everard does not return her affection.
(b) Captain Everard is fascinated with the main character.
(c) Lady Bradeen's husband is finding out about his wife's affair.
(d) Captain Everard is getting bored with Lady Bradeen.
2. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
(a) Writing a pamphlet.
(b) Composing a letter.
(c) Looking for a model.
(d) Illustrating a book.
3. How does Morgan die?
(a) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(b) From malaria.
(c) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(d) From tuberculosis.
4. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His agents.
(b) His models.
(c) His publicists.
(d) His servants.
5. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
(c) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
2. How does James describe Miss Churm?
3. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
4. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
5. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)