|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In The Cage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Morgan?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A student.
(c) A writer.
(d) A tutor.
2. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
(a) She is by herself.
(b) He is married.
(c) They have not been introduced.
(d) She is unmarried.
3. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
(a) Fixing drinks.
(b) Hiding the affairs.
(c) Managing the servants.
(d) Moderating discussion.
4. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
(a) In museums.
(b) In newspapers.
(c) In aristocratic houses.
(d) In lower-class households.
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Intimate friends.
(d) Distant relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
2. Where is Oronte from?
3. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
4. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
5. Why does the main character refuse the fiancee's offer?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)