|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A renowned poet.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A painter.
2. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(b) She started to negotiate with him.
(c) She responded coyly.
(d) She rudely rejected him.
3. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
(b) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
(c) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
(d) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
4. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mr. Offord.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Mrs. Offord.
5. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Visits his house.
(b) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(c) Spends time with him alone.
(d) Kisses him publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Pemberton?
2. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
4. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
5. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)