|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(b) They drain life from the pictures.
(c) They dominate the others.
(d) They bring life to the pictures.
2. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A renowned poet.
(c) A painter.
(d) A clerk.
3. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Miss Tita's niece.
(b) Aspern's aunt.
(c) Aspern's wife.
(d) Aspern's lover.
4. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(c) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
5. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They will commission portraits.
(b) They are looking for their daughter.
(c) They are coming to model for him.
(d) They have come to buy paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
2. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
3. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
4. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
5. What is the publisher's rent?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)