|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) A model.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A patron of the arts.
(d) An illustrator.
2. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(b) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(c) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(d) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
3. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
4. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(b) He did not last long in any of them.
(c) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(d) He found himself at home.
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
2. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
3. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
4. How does James describe Miss Churm?
5. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)