|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mingling in society.
(b) The food.
(c) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(d) Skimming from the household budget.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
3. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Spends time with him alone.
(b) Visits his house.
(c) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(d) Kisses him publicly.
4. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To impress him.
(b) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
5. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
(b) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
(c) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
(d) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
3. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
4. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
5. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)