|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) They will be excellent models for him.
(b) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(c) He should sell them all of his work.
(d) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
2. Who is Morgan?
(a) A writer.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A student.
(d) A gardener.
3. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(b) He found himself at home.
(c) He did not last long in any of them.
(d) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
4. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The narrator.
(c) The guests steer it among themselves.
(d) Mr. Offord.
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Miss Tita's niece.
(b) Aspern's lover.
(c) Aspern's aunt.
(d) Aspern's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
2. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
3. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
4. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
5. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)