|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(c) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(d) He says that they are not very intelligent.
2. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They have assistance to offer.
(b) They are the real thing.
(c) They have a lot to lose.
(d) They deserve help.
3. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's love letters.
(b) Aspern's property.
(c) Aspern's lover.
(d) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
4. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(b) Playing horses in America.
(c) Waiting table for the gods.
(d) Hobnobbing in London.
5. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(b) They bring life to the pictures.
(c) They drain life from the pictures.
(d) They dominate the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
2. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
3. Who is Morgan?
4. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
5. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)