|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She walks with men in the street.
(b) She drinks.
(c) She goes out alone.
(d) She smokes cigarettes.
2. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A freckled cockney girl.
(b) A dark, passionate girl.
(c) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(d) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
3. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(b) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(c) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
4. How does Morgan die?
(a) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(b) From tuberculosis.
(c) From malaria.
(d) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
5. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(b) They drain life from the pictures.
(c) They bring life to the pictures.
(d) They dominate the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
2. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
3. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
4. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
5. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)