|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
2. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(b) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(c) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
3. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Visits his house.
(b) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(c) Kisses him publicly.
(d) Spends time with him alone.
4. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
(b) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
(c) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
(d) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
5. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(b) The food.
(c) Skimming from the household budget.
(d) Mingling in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
2. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
3. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
4. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
5. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)