|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Work as models.
(c) Paintings to buy.
(d) Referrals to a painter.
2. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They dominate the others.
(b) They bring life to the pictures.
(c) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(d) They drain life from the pictures.
3. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
4. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All women.
(b) Mostly women.
(c) Mostly men.
(d) All men.
5. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They have assistance to offer.
(b) They are the real thing.
(c) They deserve help.
(d) They have a lot to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
3. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)