|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Intimate friends.
(d) Distant relations.
2. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) To America.
(b) He disappears.
(c) To Australia.
(d) He departs on long travels.
3. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mrs. Offord.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Mr. Offord.
4. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They drain life from the pictures.
(b) They dominate the others.
(c) They bring life to the pictures.
(d) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
5. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
(a) She is too innocent for her own good.
(b) She is not a respectable woman.
(c) She is already secretly married.
(d) She is already sleeping with Mr. Giovanelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
2. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
3. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
4. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
5. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)