|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
2. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(b) He should sell them all of his work.
(c) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(d) They will be excellent models for him.
3. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) An illustrator.
(b) A patron of the arts.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A model.
4. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
5. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one a representative from an gallery.
(b) He is his manservant.
(c) He is one of his regular models.
(d) He is one of his patrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
2. How does James describe Miss Churm?
3. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
4. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
5. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)