|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
(a) As a footman.
(b) As a cook.
(c) As a stable hand.
(d) As a waiter.
2. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's property.
(b) Aspern's love letters.
(c) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(d) Aspern's lover.
3. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He dismisses them.
(c) He argues with them.
(d) He listens without responding.
4. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Paying 1,000 pounds.
(b) Paying 1,000 francs.
(c) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(d) Marrying Miss Tita.
5. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(b) Waiting table for the gods.
(c) Playing horses in America.
(d) Hobnobbing in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
2. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
3. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)