|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are disbelieving.
2. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The guests steer it among themselves.
(b) Mr. Offord.
(c) The narrator.
3. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
(a) Writing a pamphlet.
(b) Composing a letter.
(c) Looking for a model.
(d) Illustrating a book.
4. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) He rents a room from her.
(c) Her publishes her biography.
(d) He rents her a room.
5. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
2. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
3. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
4. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
5. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)