|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publisher's rent?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 francs.
(c) 100 francs.
(d) 100 pounds.
2. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He argues with them.
(b) He dismisses them.
(c) He listens without responding.
(d) He agrees.
3. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The food.
(b) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(c) Mingling in society.
(d) Skimming from the household budget.
4. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(b) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(c) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(d) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
5. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(b) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(c) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(d) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
2. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
3. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
4. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
5. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)