|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He found himself at home.
(b) He did not last long in any of them.
(c) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(d) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
2. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(b) A dark, passionate girl.
(c) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(d) A freckled cockney girl.
3. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) He cannot afford them.
(b) Miss Tita burns them.
(c) They never actually existed.
(d) Miss Juliana burns them.
4. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He is guilty.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is grief-stricken.
(d) He is glad.
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(b) Paying 1,000 pounds.
(c) Paying 1,000 francs.
(d) Marrying Miss Tita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
2. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
3. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
5. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)