|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Real Thing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(b) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(c) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(d) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
2. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
(a) A commission to illustrate a series of books.
(b) A commission to write a book.
(c) Commissions for portraits.
(d) Investors for his gallery.
3. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(b) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(c) They get together to help find him a new position.
(d) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
4. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(b) A dark, passionate girl.
(c) A freckled cockney girl.
(d) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
5. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She rudely rejected him.
(b) She started to negotiate with him.
(c) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(d) She responded coyly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
2. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
3. What changes for Mr. Offord?
4. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
5. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)