|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brooksmith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(b) Waiting table for the gods.
(c) Playing horses in America.
(d) Hobnobbing in London.
2. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
(b) A doctor.
3. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
(a) As a stable hand.
(b) As a footman.
(c) As a waiter.
(d) As a cook.
4. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Mr. Walker.
(b) Mr. Giovanelli.
(c) Daisy Miller's mother.
(d) Mrs. Walker.
5. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He found himself at home.
(b) He did not last long in any of them.
(c) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(d) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
2. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
3. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
4. How does James characterize the Moreens?
5. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)