|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brooksmith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's love letters.
(b) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(c) Aspern's property.
(d) Aspern's lover.
2. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(b) They get together to help find him a new position.
(c) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(d) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
3. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(a) Hobnobbing in London.
(b) Waiting table for the gods.
(c) Playing horses in America.
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(b) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(c) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(d) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
5. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mr. Offord.
(c) Mrs. Offord.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
2. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
4. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
5. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)