|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brooksmith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) All women.
(b) Mostly women.
(c) All men.
(d) Mostly men.
2. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A con man.
(b) An Italian lawyer.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) A salesman.
3. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) They never actually existed.
(b) He cannot afford them.
(c) Miss Tita burns them.
(d) Miss Juliana burns them.
4. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
(d) A doctor.
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
2. How does Morgan die?
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)