|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brooksmith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(b) Intimate friends.
(c) Distant relations.
(d) Father and son.
2. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(d) To impress him.
3. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A renowned poet.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A painter.
(d) A publisher.
4. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The food.
(b) Skimming from the household budget.
(c) Mingling in society.
(d) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
5. What changes for Mr. Offord?
(a) He loses his memory.
(b) He adopts Brooksmith.
(c) His health declines.
(d) He inherits money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
2. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
3. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
4. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
5. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)